AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-05-25, 09:02   Link #52941
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think the most interesting of dramas isn't making a completely unique situation. Instead take an existing problem or tragedy you normally see on news then apply it to a character, tweak it slightly to make it more personal, then done.

That said I see very few fics that actually explore the issues of the girls.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 09:04   Link #52942
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Exactly
Old 2014-05-25, 09:11   Link #52943
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Normally tragic backstories are used to humanize a character. Give them their faults and their strengths. Give them something they have to overcome.

In my case I used to make crazy backstories as an excuse to make an uber character instead of setting up the conflict he eventually has to resolve. Sometimes I still do but that's a topic for another time
Old 2014-05-25, 09:18   Link #52944
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's still weeks until Tempest return, so I'll still have to wait before updating

But in case of Mirrorverse, I decide to gloss over the girls because in the end, they're still side characters.

It's not harem story, at least not in a way the canon treat them (supposedly balanced, but what Izuru know about balance ). In the end, it's the story about Ichika 1 and 2 and how they get together.

As compensation, I get more leeway in having the girls interacting with EACH OTHER, so their world don't revolve around Ichika, despite Ichika 1 and 2 got the lion's share of spotlight.
Old 2014-05-25, 09:24   Link #52945
demino_hellsin
That one guy

You could at least tease the audienc about the other girls but if they're already here for IchikaM to get with IchikaF then it's all good.
Old 2014-05-25, 09:36   Link #52946
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I planned to, but with original set of harem, not the one from alternate universe.

...Just to show how TOXIC and depressing it was, the girls keep their method of approach, and all of them end in failure. Even Houki, who had the universe literally conspire for her ending, unable to break that boundaries because she can't be honest with herself.

In contrast, neither MChika nor FChika show their feeling, they don't even conscious about it. But they're completely open with each other, which is why their relationship can grow smoothly.
Old 2014-05-25, 09:40   Link #52947
bitmeister

On a side note, in the English dub of the anime, doesn't ichika sound more skullheaded than the original Japanese ichika?
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 09:42   Link #52948
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I like how MIchika and FIchika just seem to have natural gravitation. It's even more amazing when you think about them training together because what FIchika has in skill and experience, MIchika probably won't have. In terms of social crisis handling, MIchika probably has it better there and both know exactly what the other needs to hear at the right time.
Old 2014-05-25, 09:45   Link #52949
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
"GRRR!!!"

War is over. Just not in the way we hope it to be.

"Onii-chan! We're one now!" Blood bleeds with her words.

"Why... AGGG!!!" Yukihara connects their heart, synchrolizing the beat into one horrendous requiem.

"Hehehe! I'm so happy! Now we can finally destroy the world together!"

Hellflames consumed the twin. Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust...

Men to Monster...

---

The war is over. But so does the world. From the underworld, a calamity was born. A beast so powerful that heaven was shanken upon its infant cry.

Humanity tried everyway possible to eliminate it. But they failed. Battalions gone and bodies returned. On the minds of the lucky ones, the day they encountered it was the day hell swallowed their souls. The two Grim Reapers, their scythes in hands, standing on their pet monster Ceberus, wiped out the entire human race, one piece at a time.
We would have Chifuyu killed them next time. Imagine the sin of killing your siblings!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 09:46   Link #52950
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Miner has family issues. I fear for his family's safety.

An original idea that I thought would work as IS fanfiction as well.

Sasaki Shingo is a manga artist. Five years ago, he had a hit series that went on to spanned volumes. But that success was short lived as it barely lasted two years. His fanbase began to grow disillusioned with his stories. They felt his stories were being too optimistic and idealistic. Even critics began to ride this wave of negative comments and his manga plummeted in the rankings.

The truth is, Sasaki Shingo was the victim of bullying. Not so much that he was beaten up, but rather he was isolated. People thought he was weird, believing in heroes that he saw on TV. He believed in magic that could to happiness. That's why he was ostracized. In a generation where being cool and mature were treasured, he was treated as being too childish even though they were all still children by any measure. He wrote and submitted his first manga at the age of 16. And now aged 21, he's left his parents house and living in an apartment. He takes odd jobs and struggles to create a new work to submit to his publishers. Thus far, all those attempts had been failures and he'd even attempted to commit suicide when an editor had carelessly said that Shingo would never be able to make anything worth reading ever again. It was a great blow to his ego.

One day, Shingo receives a notice from his publisher offering him a job. It was a request to be the assistant to a new upcoming mangaka that had given a promising draft. He wonders why it was him chosen and was surprised when he was handed the drafts. The art style was similar to his own. More feminine but definitely holding some resemblance. He questioned whether this was why he was chosen. As it turns out he was chosen specifically because the author of the draft asked for him. The author did not want to disclose their identity and the draft as well as communications had been done so anonymously under a pen name.

He was the only one allowed to meet with this mysterious author.

So on his first day, Shingo met up with the writer in a family restaurant right by the sea in odaiba. He could see clearly the large structure which was ISA. He waited for about 10 minutes when a girl slid into the seat across from himself. She was dressed inconspicuously with a wide rimmed top hat over her head, The girl removed her disguise and introduced herself as Sarashiki Kanzashi.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2014-05-25 at 10:22.
Old 2014-05-25, 10:12   Link #52951
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:
“Houki...?”

Ichika is completely stunned as Houki pulls him out of bed and out of the room. They began making their way down the hallway as Charlotte and Cecilia soon join them.

“Rin and Laura will meet us below, Houki.”

Something is definitely off for Ichika, seeing his friends behaving out of character.

“Guys, seriously, what's going on?”

“Sorry for the sudden call, Ichika. We're running a little late but we'll let you know what's up when we get there.” Says Charlotte, putting up her ever-heartwarming smile.

In another part of the dormitory block, Rin and Laura have just walked out of a room. The latter ensures the door is shut and locks it, keeping the key inside her uniform.

“That's all of them. Let's meet up with the rest.”

“Yeah.”

The two girls leave the area. Inside the locked room, the same five girls, including Laura and Rin, lay unconscious on the floor.

Meanwhile, Ichika, Houki, Cecilia and Charlotte are at one of the Academy's open courtyards. The girls immediately deploy their respective IS, throwing Ichika into further confusion. He looks around anxiously, knowing that the school doesn't usually allow IS deployment without prior permission.

“Why are you deploying your IS? Is something happening?”

“Someone's about to bring terror upon this world, Ichika-san.”

“What? Who?” Ichika asks, confused yet harbors very little fear.

“Someone horrible...” Says Laura as she lands in her Schwarzer Regen alongside Rin in the Shenlong. “But with your power, we can defeat him for good.”

“But I still don't get it at all! And you guys are acting a little strange... Didn't we all have a great day out at the beach yesterday?”

The girls look at him wide-eyed. Houki then dismisses his words.

“There's no time to explain, Ichika. We need to get going.” She reaches for Ichika's hand but he pulls himself away.

“To where!? It's way too early in the morning!”

In a flash, a couple of particle beams struck the courtyard, between Ichika and Houki.

“WHOA!” Ichika recoils.

The girls look up the source of the shots. Standing right atop a nearby wall is Inami with both arm cannons deployed, aiming at the girls.

“Let him go.”
Still way too rough on how to work out the scenario X(
Old 2014-05-25, 10:28   Link #52952
demino_hellsin
That one guy

ohohohohohoho interesting....
Old 2014-05-25, 10:41   Link #52953
Chevalier
Frostkeeper
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Ugh, I need another antagonist for my unpublished IS/Naruto fanfic ><. I already made the Akatsuki good guys.
Old 2014-05-25, 11:38   Link #52954
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post

Stratospear intensifies
Old 2014-05-25, 13:48   Link #52955
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- you're hoping one of us writes a fanfic that actually saves this series for you.
I guess... I'm still looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Well, one of the omake idea for the MGR/IS cross is that Tabane, after coming across the thing known as fanfiction and the "dimensional travelling cliche", decides to built a cross-dimensional machine just for the hell out of it.

Cyborg!Ichika and Chloe were sucked into it and end up into the canon IS world.
Why don't we just chuck everything in there?

~~~~~~

"Slow!" The Houki smashed into Houki once more, straight blades grinding against straight blades, the Akatsuki adorned with sanctity seals roaring with power against the other that simply glowed.

"Weak!" The Houki shrieked, forcing even more Willpower into her unit, flapping her ribbon seals in the engine wash.

Houki grit down and forced, hoping to overpower her doppleganger. But The Other Shinonono let the momentum suddenly go, dropping her back and arcing over, foot claw catching Houki as the latter overboosted. With the rest of her spin, The Houki sent Houki clattering into the stadium forcefield.

"Dull!"

Houki stabbed her right blade into the ground and moved Akatsuki to a stuttering stand. The Houki pointed the mirror weapon at her.

"Look at you, burdened by chains of history."

...more to come...?

Quote:
Because IS had potential. THe idea itself is interesting, the characters are initially refreshing with some of their quirks.

But then Izuru went with harem antics and "Tsunder Childhood Friend in the lead" and it becomes shit.
ANd here am I thinking I can do all that and still make a working coherent story.

Hence [The Infinite Stratos].

Although my Chuunibyou has hijacked my writing to produce technical datasheets of the different massproduction IS on the planet.

Quote:
Go for Gen Urobuchi style: Large amount of death and massive amount of SUFFERING.
The problem with that is that isn't the point I'm trying to make.

Although I really dont have a Gundam shoutout without a massive body count...

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 23:53   Link #52956
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

Why don't we just chuck everything in there?

~~~~~~

"Slow!" The Houki smashed into Houki once more, straight blades grinding against straight blades, the Akatsuki adorned with sanctity seals roaring with power against the other that simply glowed.

"Weak!" The Houki shrieked, forcing even more Willpower into her unit, flapping her ribbon seals in the engine wash.

Houki grit down and forced, hoping to overpower her doppleganger. But The Other Shinonono let the momentum suddenly go, dropping her back and arcing over, foot claw catching Houki as the latter overboosted. With the rest of her spin, The Houki sent Houki clattering into the stadium forcefield.

"Dull!"

Houki stabbed her right blade into the ground and moved Akatsuki to a stuttering stand. The Houki pointed the mirror weapon at her.

Interesting, but I'll rather not do that since it just sort of feels like elevating the things I wrote.

And also because Cyborg!Ichika never studied at ISA, so his relationship with the canon girls are different.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 01:01   Link #52957
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal-Throne View Post
Ugh, I need another antagonist for my unpublished IS/Naruto fanfic ><. I already made the Akatsuki good guys.
Not that much of a Naruto guy myself, perhaps the rest could chip in something if you have some qualities in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Stratospear intensifies
Still waaaaay to tricky to execute at the moment. Especially when it comes to the alternate CCs harboring grudge against Inami and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

"Dull!"

...more to come...?
What's this about?
Old 2014-05-26, 01:25   Link #52958
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Akatsuki are comprised of 10 high class threat, removing them means you ditch 4 season worth of villains and giving the protagonist team bloated powerboost.
Old 2014-05-26, 03:59   Link #52959
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Now, imagine a triangle. Two sides are two moutain range that intersects on one corner. The open side is cut small by various rock hill and stream, making it only one way to access the plateau.

"But then how will we escape?" Chifuyu taps his sword on the display screen, thinking profoundly. Indeed, it's a difficult question to answer.

"We can't. For now." He motions to the red dots that have just appeared under the tip of his sword. "They are going to surround us. After that, they would strike."

"Why couldn't they just wait until we all die of starving?"

"I've already contacted frendly forces. It's estimated that they would arrive here by the dawn after tommorow. However..." Only now that Ichika realizes the quantity of their enemy: the dots paints an area red.

"... they would surely deploy as many troops as possible. How long could we hold with the ratio of 10 to 1, Maya?"

"Captain Chifuyu... Just three hours. But everyone is exhausted."

"That would be sufficient. We'll stay." The whole room is surprised by his statement. Is the Captain mad?

"You think I'm in sucidal mood? Not at all. Here, see this?" He runs the sword along a small white line. "That is where we will ambush them."

"But they could fly!"

"Cecilia, Laura, Maya and Kanzashi, I want you to move to these two points, on the start of each range. From there, you'll pin down the enemy. The rest of you, divide into small groups alongside the road and ambush them."

"But could just 4 of them stop their airforce?"

"The nearest military airports have been destroyed, so the best they could do is send the bombers from South Africa and a few more from Egypt. Only the GF-5 is capable of it, so the maximum number is only 25 or so." Somehow, the number doesn't sound that optimistic to them.

"Ichika, you'll be the decoy. Trick them into coming into the ambush. Kill as much as possible." Ichika cringles under the cold tone, but doesn't argue. It mus be done...

"Everyone, Sun Tzu once said that when being trapped, the army must stand with all their might, not a moment to flinch. So, consider yourself dead people!"
Something still missing.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 05:27   Link #52960
Chevalier
Frostkeeper
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Akatsuki are comprised of 10 high class threat, removing them means you ditch 4 season worth of villains and giving the protagonist team bloated powerboost.

That`s where I put a new lineup of OC antagonists.I`m thinking of adding high class threat group. Maybe I`m gonna put political tension?

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest