AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-05-26, 05:42   Link #52961
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well it's just my opinion, but aside from core trio (Nagato, Konan and Itachi) I don't think anyone in Akatsuki can be considered good without being OOC

Perhaps just split them into opposing force, might want to consult that with people in Naruto subforum too.
Old 2014-05-26, 09:17   Link #52962
Chevalier
I only do Free style
*Author

Location: Water filled pool or any container(including fish tanks)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Well it's just my opinion, but aside from core trio (Nagato, Konan and Itachi) I don't think anyone in Akatsuki can be considered good without being OOC

Perhaps just split them into opposing force, might want to consult that with people in Naruto subforum too.
the Naruto fanfic thread here is dead >< Looks like I have to consult my cousin
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 05:11   Link #52963
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
"Cracker?" Rin offers after has just jumped onto his foxhole. A salty, animally smell fills the place.

"Thanks!" The hardtack is immidiately consummed with a gulp of water.

"You smell!" She points to his sweety uniform. It has been crumpled up, rinsed through river water and swamp mud, before finally left to dry under the African sun.

"Can't help it! Orimura-san ordered me to guard this shift. Beside, it's not like we have got water to spare."

"I wonder how could Chifuyu-san came up with that idea?" Rin looks up to the stars-illuminated sky. "If we had to stay here for another day, we might have to drink our own urine to live."

"Isn't that what we always do?"

"WHAT???"

"ISA has its own water-recycle system, so we don't have to worry that much about it. I affraid that we would die starving before die dry."

It takes a few more minutes for Rin to let the idea sinks into her mind.

"Ichika! Isn't the view here beautiful?"

"Huh? Ah, yes. In the city, it isn't usual to see this many stars."

Cloud is a rare thing in desert, and so does skycraper. Under the unlimited firmament flows an endless river. Stars after stars after stars formed the Milky Way, illluminate the cold dark sky with its gentle white. So far, yet so close...

"Are you still remember that story about Zhinu and Niulang?"

"Of course! Every year on seventh of July, the seperated couple will be reunited... Wait, isn't that today?"

"I miss all these time we go to the Quixi together..."

"Yeah... I remember you always stuffed yourself with Kebab until you can't move!"

"And what about you! Who spent hundred of yen on the shooting booth?"

"Hey! That is for Charles! He still go to bet with that stuffed cat! And you, remember that you nearly burned down the whole place with firework?"

"... It's so beautiful, our past, isn't it? It's terrible that it would never return..." She is cold. Not just because the minus degree of a desert night, but her heart is shivering.

"Hey, don't be that gloomy! Why not make new memory? It would be as memorable as the old one!" Some how, another fire was lit.

During their conversation, the boy and girl have unconciouslly moved closer, until one's hand touch the other's.

"S... Sorry!" However, Rin refuses to let his hand go. She leans on him, legs cramped between. It's a foxhole, so the approxiamity between their faces is just one hair away.

"I'll sleep here."

"What? You can't! What if Chifuyu know this!"

"So you would rather me to walk back there, sneaking into my room and sleeping for less than an hour?"

"Well, it's only midnight, so..."

"You blockhead!" Rin's face looks so vunerable that moment. Her irises reflect the light of thousand far away galaxies. The thin lips move slighty, on the verge of crying.

"... Fine!" In a daring move, Ichika pulls Rin even closer to him, her nose touch his neck. "But I warn you, it will be cold!"

"Hey, Ichika!"

"Huh?"

"Don't try anything funny while I'm sleeping!" Like a meek schoolgirl with her crush.
A bit of fluff. My best until now.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 05:48   Link #52964
Zero-2
Mitsuru Matsuoka

What happens next when the Overlords of Helheim suddenly appears in the middle of ISA (via crack)?
Old 2014-05-27, 06:17   Link #52965
demino_hellsin
That one guy

at least half a dozen girls become fertilizer before IS get on the scene and crush the inves. The crack closes before they can try to study it and the inves are destroyed leaving no trace and the world stumped as the girls become the foothold of the Helheim invasion. Unless they have the foresight to torch the damn place which I doubt they have.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 06:57   Link #52966
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
at least half a dozen girls become fertilizer before IS get on the scene and crush the inves. The crack closes before they can try to study it and the inves are destroyed leaving no trace and the world stumped as the girls become the foothold of the Helheim invasion. Unless they have the foresight to torch the damn place which I doubt they have.
*snort* As if they can torch it down. The sheer size of it, couple with the Overlords, made the task nigh impossible.

Also, the IS girls might have reservations about the Invess once the truth about WHAT they come from is leaked.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 07:02   Link #52967
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not talking about Helheim. I'm talking about where the crack manifested, the most likely corpse of the girls turned humus and generally everywhere helheim pollen likely will give rise to helheim fruits.

Likely they will try to study it. Then give or take a few weeks half the island population will be inves. while the whole island is covered with helheim verdure
Old 2014-05-27, 09:37   Link #52968
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I'm not talking about Helheim. I'm talking about where the crack manifested, the most likely corpse of the girls turned humus and generally everywhere helheim pollen likely will give rise to helheim fruits.

Likely they will try to study it. Then give or take a few weeks half the island population will be inves. while the whole island is covered with helheim verdure
That's assuming the ones sent to burn the infested area didn't decide to eat the damn fruit instead, giving rise to MORE Invess.

Then Invess scratch more people, resuming in more Helhelm trees. It's a vicious cycle.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 10:51   Link #52969
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
What's this about?
[The Infinite Stratos] version of Houki being tsundere to her canon version. Ie kicking Houki's ass for Houki's own good.

My version of Houki is shackled by tradition at the start of the story, a born shrine maiden wanting to be a samurai. Tradition also forbids intermarriage with the Orimura samurai. Together with her poor sword skill and Uchigane inability to keep up with her early in the story, Houki in TIS is over flowing with SEXUAL TENSION.

She overcomes that burden. But Canon Houki hasn't so she does it her own way.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 13:30   Link #52970
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for inspired by sad love songs:

Supposed to be Rin's POV on an AU pre-story slice of life.
Old 2014-05-28, 17:38   Link #52971
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

Hmm... Rin helping Ran or Houki to get Ichika? Never saw this before. (Ichika makes me think about Shirou, for some reason.)
I have a weird impression: both of them will never have a happy-ending. Ichika will always see girls as his friends, not as potential lovers. Rin is too stuborn and/or in love to get over her feeling for Ichika. They are in a deadlock, from my pov.
Old 2014-05-28, 21:11   Link #52972
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... Thinking about the ending of IP and what is the true meaning of it. Could this scenario possible:
Quote:
Ichika Shinonono was forced to kill Chifuyu as the Unknown Queen used her as the host. However, her sacrifice has taught the Queen of how good a human could be, and she stopped her plan to eliminate humanity.

Three years latter, Dan and Utsuho's wedding. Everyone showed up, but one unexpected event crashed it: One girl who is exactly like Chifuyu appeared on the door.

That, and every Personal IS User turned mad and tried to kill Ichika. However, before they could deal the finishing blow, 7 girls all fell into coma.

Ichika used a system similar to World Purge to jump into their mind. There, with each girl, he was assigned with a particular role and a mission: To prevent their suffering (e.g As Cecilia's butler, he must patch up their family).

When all is complete, he flew to the moon to face the Chifuyu-alike, who identified herself as the Queen (but called as "Madoka"). She reavealed her plan: While she no longer hold grudge with human, she still couldn't ignore all the possible atrocity we could make. So, by establishing a system which influenced (not "total", just "partial control") people's mind, she hoped to redirect the flow of each of us action.

The fight, and Ichika defeated Madoka. However, he stated that "She couldn't be the God, for she is still Human", and instead took the mantle himself.

One months after that, the girls once again attempt to rescue him. Through all the hardship that once seem impossible to pass, they met him. Another fight, and they finally could drilled the idea of "Have his own happiness". The Moses finally step down from his Sinai mt, married 8 wives and settled a happy family...

Well, as happy as it could get when 8 women sharing you.
Old 2014-05-29, 00:13   Link #52973
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

On a random IS "loadout" note, do you think napalm would be effective against IS and/or a possible weapon for an IS?
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 01:48   Link #52974
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister View Post
On a random IS "loadout" note, do you think napalm would be effective against IS and/or a possible weapon for an IS?
Effective? Maybe, possible? Most definitely

Practical? Nope, nope at all.

On another note, Mirrorverse has been updated, many thanks to Tempest for his usual smooth work.
Old 2014-05-29, 02:00   Link #52975
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Effective? Maybe, possible? Most definitely

Practical? Nope, nope at all.
Well, if you consider it, magazines in guns never run out, so we can assume that new ammo is teleported into the magazines. So, if you had a wide enough spread, and a pilot stupid enough to use it (which ISA is in no short supply of) then is is entirely practical.
Old 2014-05-29, 02:05   Link #52976
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister View Post
Well, if you consider it, magazines in guns never run out, so we can assume that new ammo is teleported into the magazines. So, if you had a wide enough spread, and a pilot stupid enough to use it (which ISA is in no short supply of) then is is entirely practical.
Napalm is not catch all solution when it's faced with bullshit shield tech and super high speed combat.

Napalms are deadly because it constantly burn without oxygen, but against I.S. it's nothing but annoyance. Napalm will evaporate as soon as it touched the shield, or the enemy pilot just choose to dodge the SLOW stream of burning oil.

At best you use it as close range deterrence to disturb enemy pilot by emptying a whole tank of it. Worth note that I.S. don't have unlimited ammo, they just have unlimited reload.
Old 2014-05-29, 02:13   Link #52977
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Napalm is catch all solution when it's faced with bullshit shield tech and super high speed combat.

Napalms are deadly because it constantly burn without oxygen, but against I.S. it's nothing but annoyance. Napalm will evaporate as soon as it touched the shield, or the enemy pilot just choose to dodge the SLOW stream of burning oil.

At best you use it as close range deterrence to disturb enemy pilot by emptying a whole tank of it. Worth note that I.S. don't have unlimited ammo, they just have unlimited reload.
Well, the life support has to use more energy to keep the pilot from being burned to a crisp, which the shield Probably helps with, but yes, it would probably be a good distraction for a stronger attack i.e. laser at full power, or spinning up a 40mm chain gun. Also the napalm maybe could be contained in a 40mm grenade, and fired from something like this
Old 2014-05-29, 03:09   Link #52978
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Exactly, it was, in the end, distraction and harassment. It is effective, just not in the way people think it will.

For kill* shot, plasma/beams and superdense projectile always been the best choice, just like how everyone did it in canon

* I.S. pilot always survive mostly intact disregard of damage, this is how absolute defense works
Old 2014-05-29, 03:32   Link #52979
demino_hellsin
That one guy

how about liquid electricity?
Old 2014-05-29, 03:33   Link #52980
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
White Suit, Panama Hat - Ichika looks like a star that has just came out of a 1940s movie. His voice is a knot higher than normal, clearer and echoes through heart and mind of the people.

"Welcome, unwelcomed guests!"

"Stop this nonsense, Ichika!" Rin grits her teeth. "You bastard nearly kill us!"

"Oh, that is not enough for you girls. We've been through worse, after all."

"Then why did you leave us? Why did you became like this, Ichika-san, after all these?"

He shakes his head tiredly in a sigh. But in truth, he feel nothing before Kanzashi's painful expression.

"The day I killed Chifuyu is the day I'm no longer human. Therefore, I'm best suited for this job."

"Bullshit!" Cecilia startles the whole group with her choice of word. "Ichika-san is as human as us!"

"No, no, no. I looks human, I sounds human, but I'm not human. So please!" He points to Earth. "Return to your home."

"Not without you!"

One surveying glance, and the determination on their face is unmistakeable and unchangeable.

"You won't return home in peace... Shh, so problematic."

"It wouldn't be like this if you wasn't a blockhead from the start." One by one, they ready their weapons. This would end all and start all.

Ichika presses his hat to cover the eyes. He changes the tone to that of a statue, if it had one.

"Well, then, let me show you power of a God."

The sun blazes behind him.
Thinking... Hope it wouldn't like Code Geass.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest