AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 03:29   Link #6021
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

There's also problem of Spotlight, basically, I have this habit of giving my OC too much screentime, that problem somehow didn't exist if I used OC stand in.

Hell, if my premonition is right, Josh will be the first one that become real SECONDARY character, while the rest of my OC become Tertiary.

EDIT: I actually wanted to ask if Meister has FF.net idl.
Old 2011-11-04, 03:32   Link #6022
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Voice Actor update! (Note this is for my own works)

Agnes Esquivel - Takagaki Ayahi
Monique Esquivel - Tomatsu Haruka

=================

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
Eh...its probably better for your sanity if you don't watch it.

Anyway- I had an idea for an IS ability:

Emperors Left Hand- Extracts the IS core out of an ally and allows the core to assimilate a weapon that matches the personality and combat style. So a core taken from Houki would be a sword, while taking one from Cecillia would be a gun.
Quote:
I need some help there....I came up with the idea after watching Guilty Crown.
Quote:
I think you misread this.

The ability "Emperors Left Hand" allows him to take out the IS core out of an ally IS (which has to be at the same "frequency" as Byakku Shiki). This core than transformers into a weapon that reflects the pilot.

Examples:
- Using this ability, Tatenashi's core would become a water scythe when used by Byakku Shiki.
- Using this ability, Cecilla's core would become a sniper rifle.

The actual CORE becomes the weapon, he doesn't use a weapon. Each of these weapons would have their own abilities that reflect the IS and their pilot.

@ Detective- I thought of it more as a Another Century fighting system with beams and cutting edge weaponry as well as destroying buildings all around you.

Something like this: CLICK HERE TO SEE EXAMPLE

Apparently falcolobo has not read these posts of mine:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3859

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=4774 (look at the very bottom at one of my [Void Ideal Weapon] Ideas.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 03:33   Link #6023
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
There's also problem of Spotlight, basically, I have this habit of giving my OC too much screentime, that problem somehow didn't exist if I used OC stand in.

Hell, if my premonition is right, Josh will be the first one that become real SECONDARY character, while the rest of my OC become Tertiary.
I have that problem too you know. Notice that most of the drafts have Irish in them instead of Ichika, Kyuukai, Maximillian or the other OC's and CC's
Old 2011-11-04, 03:38   Link #6024
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I have that problem too you know. Notice that most of the drafts have Irish in them instead of Ichika, Kyuukai, Maximillian or the other OC's and CC's
BECAUSE Irish is the main character, that's different kettle. Yeah, I knew, you want 3 protagonist with equal screentime, even then Irish is the one you familiar with the most, and it's not like Ichika lacked screentime in Canon, and Kuukai is already well developed in HoTM, so it's justified, Irish is the only one left without cemented backstory and plot whatsoever.

What I mean is that I created OC as secondary character, he/she tend to overtake the spotlight, and if I create him/her as Main character, Idiot Ball and Worf effect is rolling around.

But as I said, I have the confidence in Josh.
Old 2011-11-04, 03:43   Link #6025
Eratas123

Quote:
BECAUSE Irish is the main character, that's different kettle. Yeah, I knew, you want 3 protagonist with equal screentime, even then Irish is the one you familiar with the most, and it's not like Ichika lacked screentime in Canon, and Kuukai is already well developed in HoTM, so it's justified, Irish is the only one left without cemented backstory and plot whatsoever.

What I mean is that I created OC as secondary character, he/she tend to overtake the spotlight, and if I create him/her as Main character, Idiot Ball and Worf effect is rolling around.

But as I said, I have the confidence in Josh.
I still feel like I'm gimping the other OC's since I barely feature Inami and Octans even if they should get equal screen time.

Side note - I'm writing the Yuriko and Aria draft right now. It'll be short but can you read it?
Old 2011-11-04, 03:44   Link #6026
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I still feel like I'm gimping the other OC's since I barely feature Inami and Octans even if they should get equal screen time.

Side note - I'm writing the Yuriko and Aria draft right now. It'll be short but can you read it?
Wait you mean EVERYONE should get equal screentime? Are you try to channeling meister?

Aria? Isn't that Kyuukai's child? If so, I'll read it.
Old 2011-11-04, 03:48   Link #6027
Eratas123

Quote:
Wait you mean EVERYONE should get equal screentime? Are you try to channeling meister?

Aria? Isn't that Kyuukai's child? If so, I'll read it.
Not really, I'm not experienced enough to try to channel Meister. It just feels like Maximillian and Octans were gimped because they only had like one segment while the others had two.

Side note - Aria is Kyuukai's kid and Yuriko is Past!Irish. I told you I was gonna put some toy ship tease right?
Old 2011-11-04, 03:51   Link #6028
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Do you remember that I and Da_Box warn you about trying to put the harem in balanced means? Seems like you're trying to top it now...

Not that it's bad, I mean, try it! It'll be revolutionary for the worlds of fanfic, especially I.S. Fanverse.
Old 2011-11-04, 03:51   Link #6029
DarkJak2050

[Sighs] I know I posted this a while ago, but did a little tweaking on it.
Spoiler for Project Silverback Ch. 4 (Tokyo Tower Scene):
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 03:54   Link #6030
Eratas123

Quote:
Do you remember that I and Da_Box warn you about trying to put the harem in balanced means? Seems like you're trying to top it now...

Not that it's bad, I mean, try it! It'll be revolutionary for the worlds of fanfic, especially I.S. Fanverse.
What do you mean trying to top it now? I don't understand. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 2011-11-04, 04:00   Link #6031
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
[Sighs] I know I posted this a while ago, but did a little tweaking on it.
Spoiler for Project Silverback Ch. 4 (Tokyo Tower Scene):
There's so many things I want to ask, but I knew the answer already. As for comments, it's good, but you can do better.

The bolded part for example, it doesn't seems like a separator at all, it blends with the rest of story and may caught a reckless reader of guard, made them confused.

If you want to do it, here's some example

By position:
10:50 PM. Tokyo Tower, Main Observatory.

By Marking
~10:50 PM. Tokyo Tower, Main Observatory~

By Description:

We arrived in Tokyo Tower, Main Observatory section precisely at 10:50 P.M.

Well, that's just my advice.

Quote:
What do you mean trying to top it now? I don't understand. Am I doing something wrong?
Wrong? Nope, but definitely unconventional, and it's a great challenge which I chickened out.
Old 2011-11-04, 04:05   Link #6032
Eratas123

Quote:

Quote:
There's so many things I want to ask, but I knew the answer already. As for comments, it's good, but you can do better.

The bolded part for example, it doesn't seems like a separator at all, it blends with the rest of story and may caught a reckless reader of guard, made them confused.

If you want to do it, here's some example

By position:
10:50 PM. Tokyo Tower, Main Observatory.

By Marking
~10:50 PM. Tokyo Tower, Main Observatory~

By Description:

We arrived in Tokyo Tower, Main Observatory section precisely at 10:50 P.M.

Well, that's just my advice.

Wrong? Nope, but definitely unconventional, and it's a great challenge which I chickened out.
Um...what exactly am I doing that's unconventional? That's what I don't really get.
Old 2011-11-04, 04:07   Link #6033
DarkJak2050

That's actually the beginning of a "segment".

I use the "lines" on Fanfic.net to seperate the segments in the chapters.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 04:08   Link #6034
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Um...what exactly am I doing that's unconventional? That's what I don't really get.
First you're trying to balance the Harem, which I'll admit, if I want to be strict, 65-80% guaranteed to be fail (ironically, To-love-RU succeed in this).

Second, multiple main character, arguably harder to do, because there's very good chance that the readers will be confused about who's the real main character...
Old 2011-11-04, 04:11   Link #6035
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
EDIT: @ Meister - I thought that was only the AU? You said the new story was some kind of serious myth arc right?
Now I don't know what I'm going for. Metropolia is gone, but idol singers are back. Much of Vandam's beam weapons don't come into play until later, but then there's the Inventor System. Karon's older brother is alive, but she's still obsessed with mecha (given that I've changed the prologue event to be held in atmosphere rather than in space)

Right now, I think I'll just write what I have then go from there.

Quote:
EDIT: I actually wanted to ask if Meister has FF.net idl.
I'm sure its meisterbabylon there too.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~meisterbabylon

Enjoy... some really old crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Like I said..........

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 04:14   Link #6036
Eratas123

Quote:
First you're trying to balance the Harem, which I'll admit, if I want to be strict, 65-80% guaranteed to be fail (ironically, To-love-RU succeed in this).

Second, multiple main character, arguably harder to do, because there's very good chance that the readers will be confused about who's the real main character...
Ichika, Irish, and Kyuukai share the roles of Main character. The three of them are the mains. If you ignore one then the story will be incomplete and there will be plotholes.
Old 2011-11-04, 04:17   Link #6037
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Ichika, Irish, and Kyuukai share the roles of Main character. The three of them are the mains. If you ignore one then the story will be incomplete and there will be plotholes.
Then no need to be worried about Inami, Max, or Octans. Stratospear, Meister, and Agex will handle them.

I guess it'll be fun either way, the choice is yours.

Your story reminds me of Front Mission 4, where there's two main character. The thing is? They never met, EVER, and unlike the usual, Front Mission 4 span YEARS in terms of chronology, the usual game only has 1 year, top.
Old 2011-11-04, 04:19   Link #6038
Eratas123

Quote:
Then no need to be worried about Inami, Max, or Octans. Stratospear, Meister, and Agex will handle them.

I guess it'll be fun either way, the choice is yours.
I meant in the stories here like "SWC" and "Future Imperfect". So far Maximillian and Octans haven't appeared despite it being about the six males.
Old 2011-11-04, 04:23   Link #6039
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I meant in the stories here like "SWC" and "Future Imperfect". So far Maximillian and Octans haven't appeared despite it being about the six males.
Oh, sorry, i was talking about "What Lies In The Shadow" all along...

Max can understand, but... Octan? I cannot find his info so far, Agetreme isn't exactly the most talkative person here, his post might be buried under my spam.
Old 2011-11-04, 04:27   Link #6040
Eratas123

Quote:
Oh, sorry, i was talking about "What Lies In The Shadow" all along...

Max can understand, but... Octan? I cannot find his info so far, Agetreme isn't exactly the most talkative person here, his post might be buried under my spam.
I'm waiting for Meister to finish his tests before I ask him for help in Future Imperfect. Inami appears since Stratos can help me write about his segments.

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest