AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-05, 23:23   Link #6341
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Wavehawk: I can understand that. I'm Filipino myself, and they've asked whether my cousin was gay because he doesn't have a girlfriend yet, or has many female friends. He's only 17, seriously...
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 23:24   Link #6342
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Probably more asian countries than western ones. I notice that here in Australia, it's not really a big deal, but in the Philippines, there was a considerable concern about anyone (male or female) not marrying by 30--hell, some of my relatives have accused me of beign gay since I'm not married yet at my age (And I have none too polite words for them back)---and I'M A GUY.
Ahh yes, my brother often gets pressure for not marrying his girlfriend despite being together since I was born.

Though the age thing doesn't matter much here, since my dad is 20 years older than my mom.

EDIT: Wow, why is Philippines the dominating presence here? Anung meron sa IS na nagdadala satin dito?

Last edited by Masuzu; 2011-11-05 at 23:26. Reason: wtf
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 23:30   Link #6343
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Detective: Ito ang isang filipino sa bagay na tulad ng anime.

My tagalog is probably very rusty/bad because one, I'm still trying to patch up what I've already learned, two, I'm born and raised in Canada.
Old 2011-11-05, 23:31   Link #6344
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthernalRain View Post
@ Eratas: Are you talking about Kyuukai being fourteen, or Irish being fourteen?

Edit: That's true, isn't it? Wow... So he'll get much less leeway in the Academy than Ichika and Kyuukai do... I wonder how do the girls react, when just a "regular", unknown male shows up on campus?
I meant Irish being 14. It also slightly excuses his stilted point of view.

As for the Academy thing - He's staying with Tatenashi so he's excused but it will cause some problems. The feminists in the school are already mad about Ichika and Kyuukao but can excuse them due to their status, not Irish though.

They'll harass him and at one point assault him which pisses him off enough to attack back. This will cause some controversy since he manages to disable the Uchigane unit the student was using and beat her even without using any noticable weaponry and power armor. Kyuukai at least has the excuse of having anti-IS weapons where he only uses a modified knife, a black jumpsuit and strategizing.
Old 2011-11-05, 23:34   Link #6345
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Kyuukai could do the same, but he'd need to be very lucky, and he'd have to carefully strike at the weak points of the IS, and because he's an engineer, he knows where they all are.

Though Irish would still be better at it then him. As soon as the two get frienndlier(ish), Kyuukai would probably let him stay for a bit in his workshop, if he was trying to avoid the girls. Cough, Tatenashi, Cough, Cough*
Old 2011-11-05, 23:50   Link #6346
Eratas123

Quote:
@ Eratas: Kyuukai could do the same, but he'd need to be very lucky, and he'd have to carefully strike at the weak points of the IS, and because he's an engineer, he knows where they all are.

Though Irish would still be better at it then him. As soon as the two get frienndlier(ish), Kyuukai would probably let him stay for a bit in his workshop, if he was trying to avoid the girls. Cough, Tatenashi, Cough, Cough*
Irish could do it only because the pilot was an inexperienced student using a training mech, fighting any of the personals is suicide. His tactics are also unexpected since he tends to dodge around the unit using obviously risky tactics which people don't expect.

Also, I thought Kyuukai, of all people, would be one of the people trying to push him to get to know Tatenashi better. He did the same with Ichika and Charlotte.

Side note - My Filipino is bad as well despite being born and raised in the Philippines. People even comment that I have an english accent when I speak to them in english. Maybe the Spanish blood has something to do with it.
Old 2011-11-05, 23:57   Link #6347
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Of course! Due to an undisclosed "accident" involving C4 and oh so fragile plumbing, Tatenashi can't stay in her dorm. Which forces her to move to the workshop as well.

Two people, one completely unsupervised workshop, and all the privacy one could ever want.

Kyuukai moves in with Kanzashi or Laura, after locking away all his stuff in the armory (which Tatenashi may or may not crack open), and uses the Arena maintenance rooms as a temporary workshop.

Edit: Gonna play Perfect World for a bit, be back soon.
Old 2011-11-05, 23:59   Link #6348
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

OhHOHOHO~ Character relationship discussions eh? :P

Quick question: How does it sound to have an IS's Absolute Defense activate upon the slightest breach in its energy barrier? Or does it only activate if the energy barrier is completely wiped out?
Old 2011-11-06, 00:02   Link #6349
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
OhHOHOHO~ Character relationship discussions eh? :P

Quick question: How does it sound to have an IS's Absolute Defense activate upon the slightest breach in its energy barrier? Or does it only activate if the energy barrier is completely wiped out?
It activates when the pilot is put at risk.

A light scratch won't trigger it, even if the energy barrier is breached, but if the pilot's arm is going to be cut off, then ofcourse it will activate. There is a way to exploit this, as the Absolute Defense won't activate if it's just a small cut, even if the blade is tipped with poison or is radioactive.
Old 2011-11-06, 00:02   Link #6350
Eratas123

Quote:
@ Eratas: Of course! Due to an undisclosed "accident" involving C4 and oh so fragile plumbing, Tatenashi can't stay in her dorm. Which forces her to move to the workshop as well.

Two people, one completely unsupervised workshop, and all the privacy one could ever want.

Kyuukai moves in with Kanzashi or Laura, after locking away all his stuff in the armory (which Tatenashi may or may not crack open), and uses the Arena maintenance rooms as a temporary workshop.

Edit: Gonna play Perfect World for a bit, be back soon.
All of this could be avoided if he simply tells people he's Gynophobic, too bad he's a stubborn little bastard. Hopefully nothing bad will happen to him in that undisclosed workshop.

"Stay away from me you big breasted cow!"

*Sounds of shooting heard*

.....Nevermind.

See ya in a bit, have fun playing

@ Stratos - Only if the pilot will die. You can cut the arm off and it won't activate as long as the pilot isn't in critical danger.
Old 2011-11-06, 00:13   Link #6351
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

No no no, it will activate even if the damage isn't necessarily lethal.

You won't be able to just cut their arm off, Ichika said this way back in the first volume.
Old 2011-11-06, 00:15   Link #6352
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post

You won't be able to just cut their arm off, Ichika said this way back in the first volume.
I bow to your superior knowledge
Old 2011-11-06, 00:16   Link #6353
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I bow to your superior knowledge
No no, I just have too much time on my hands.
Old 2011-11-06, 00:34   Link #6354
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm back a little too late eh?

Anyway, here's some spec of the Metal Wolf DGS Variant, IF, and I said IF Blitz somehow miraculously agree with this idea:

Powerplant: Sub-Core System
Type: Medium Range Ground Assault
Height: 238 cm
Rollout Mass: 610 kg
Land Speed: 390 kph (830 kph Hover)
Airspeed: 1900 kph (50m) 3300 kph (1500m) 5200 kph (10.500m)
Armament: .223-cal [Mirai Nishiki] Gatling Gun, 18mm [Vinieto] Rail Rifle, [Hayabusha] 2-tube Missile Launcher, [Degtrayev K-81] 18-tube Micro Missile
Armor: Full body, 28-33mm Quantum Nano-composite

Note that in my Fanon, most I.S. armor, except for defensive type like Uchigane or Schwarzer regen, barely reach 21mm and their mass minus pilot barely reach 550 kg...

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-11-06 at 00:47.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 00:40   Link #6355
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I'm back a little too late eh?

Anyway, here's some spec of the Metal Wolf DGS Variant, IF, and I said IF Blitz somehow miraculously agree with this idea:

Powerplant: Sub-Core System
Type: Medium Range Ground Assault
Height: 238 cm
Land Speed: 390 kph (830 kph Hover)
Airspeed: 1900 kph (50m) 3800 kph (1500m ) 8200 kph (10.500m)
Armament: .223-cal [Mirai Nishiki] Gatling Gun, 18mm [Vinieto] Rail Rifle, [Hayabusha] 2-tube Missile Launcher, [Degtrayev K-81] 18-tube Micro Missile
Armor: Full body, 28mm Quantum Nano-composite

Note that in my Fanon, most I.S. armor, except for defensive type like Uchigane or Schwarzer regen, barely reach 21mm.[/I]
You might wanna ask Meister, Zero and Treme for help here. I'm only good at story scenarios.
Old 2011-11-06, 00:44   Link #6356
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Also, Saintess and SaintX (though I had to be careful with him, I have this particular skill pissing him off).

I.S. than can breach 6.500 kph (faster than ICBM) under 10.000 m altitude is also rare....

EDIT: Screwed up with numbers, Edited it.
Old 2011-11-06, 00:47   Link #6357
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:

So I suppose the AD will activate if let say... Someone pops a Comet round into the IS pilot's head?(or hypervisor which may or may not increase the pilot's chance of survival)

The Comet round bypasses the IS' energy barrier, so yeah. :3
Old 2011-11-06, 00:48   Link #6358
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
You might wanna ask Meister, Zero and Treme for help here. I'm only good at story scenarios.
The twist: He can't get help from Zero...because he is Zero.
Old 2011-11-06, 00:51   Link #6359
Eratas123

Quote:
Sorry. I meant Rain.
Old 2011-11-06, 00:51   Link #6360
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
So I suppose the AD will activate if let say... Someone pops a Comet round into the IS pilot's head?(or hypervisor which may or may not increase the pilot's chance of survival)

The Comet round bypasses the IS' energy barrier, so yeah. :3
The Absolute Defense works like reactive armor than a massless shield, it'll deflect or shatter the Comet round, though a good amount of energy is needed and the I>S> battery will be drained by a good number (150-300 points)...

Quote:
*Cough-cough*

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest