AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-08, 22:02   Link #6741
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Maybe I should have Tatenashi or Maya teach him? Though Tatenashi would probably troll him and tell him to say "Watashi" to refer to himself instead of Boku.
Atashi, referring to himself as soft spoken little girl, for the lulz!

Quote:
He speaks mostly English though. He's not German or Russian no matter how he looks.
.......... I have no idea then

EDIT: Why so quiet Meister?
Old 2011-11-08, 22:04   Link #6742
Eratas123

I'll just have him speak extremely broken Jap for the early parts. He learns fast anyway so it won't be that much of a hassle in the long run.

I'll have him use Atashi in the early chapters since he's confused. This makes people thinks he's just another "Charles" case.
Old 2011-11-08, 22:11   Link #6743
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Speaking of it, latest chapter of Sacred Twins is VERY odd.

I has one, and ONLY ONE review, but the Traffic numbers indicates that people who reads earlier chapter read it as well.

This might be what's happening with Yachi's story.
Old 2011-11-08, 22:14   Link #6744
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Speaking of it, latest chapter of Sacred Twins is VERY odd.

I has one, and ONLY ONE review, but the Traffic numbers indicates that people who reads earlier chapter read it as well.

This might be what's happening with Yachi's story.
The more chapters you put out the less reviews ypu get too. Thwy already know you're updating and they've already subscribed to you. Why bother reviewing when you've already favorited the story and subscribed to it?
Old 2011-11-08, 22:17   Link #6745
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
The more chapters you put out the less reviews ypu get too. Thwy already know you're updating and they've already subscribed to you. Why bother reviewing when you've already favorited the story and subscribed to it?
I though thats what happens too, but Yachi's case is strange (being a SEQUEL), oh well, I maybe paid too much attention to it.
Old 2011-11-08, 22:19   Link #6746
Eratas123

Shadow only has 12 reviews. Most authors would drop it at that plint but I'm ginna finish no matter how slow it'll be. Look at Stratos, he doesn't care about reviews and writes because he wants to.
Old 2011-11-08, 22:23   Link #6747
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Shadow only has 12 reviews. Most authors would drop it at that plint but I'm ginna finish no matter how slow it'll be. Look at Stratos, he doesn't care about reviews and writes because he wants to.
Yep that's the spirit! I'll go Trans Am again after I finish this freaking Nursery Communication paper. See you later!
Old 2011-11-08, 22:29   Link #6748
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
No, just... no, we have an unique MALE character that is NOT a Stu and you decided to turn him a girl?
...is Max a Stu?

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 22:39   Link #6749
Eratas123

@ Meister - He's the only OC that can be classified as an adult and is one of the only nom-combatant males to boot. I doubt he's a Stu.
Old 2011-11-08, 22:40   Link #6750
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
...is Max a Stu?
Hardly, at worst he's a Parody Stu, but I don't think He is one...

The girls aside Karon and Browning on the other hand.....

(bear in mind the word Sue/Stu is subjective, so I might be hypocritical myself as even in my opinion, my own OC skitting too close to Studom if not for Blitz and Eratas)
Old 2011-11-08, 22:49   Link #6751
Eratas123

@ Zero - Mines a walking deconstruction of tropes.
Old 2011-11-08, 22:54   Link #6752
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Meister if I remember some of them are absorbed form other's fanon right? Do you have the one you create from scratch?
Old 2011-11-08, 23:03   Link #6753
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Hardly, at worst he's a Parody Stu, but I don't think He is one...

The girls aside Karon and Browning on the other hand.....

(bear in mind the word Sue/Stu is subjective, so I might be hypocritical myself as even in my opinion, my own OC skitting too close to Studom if not for Blitz and Eratas)
Well, I was a victim of Stu-dom, as I thought that was how Ocs were supposed to be in the past (and looking back at those self-inserts by other people), I somehow refined myself and saw what other people were creating. That's when my present OCs, who may APPEAR like Stus, may have many character flaws.

I bet most of you may be starting to point fingers at why my Red Rain Ocs have a S rank, well, rank =/= piloting ability always, just compatability.

And while Lily starts out somewhat arrogant and proud (well, there's a reason behind this as well) but I won't get into the details, but I might wait until falco teaches me how to use that program. xD (and someone to teach me Photoshop/any Tablet drawing programs properly)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 23:06   Link #6754
Eratas123

@ Zero - How come Child soldiers are Glorified/normal in the IS verse? Inami and Kyuukai are good examples. Despite the fact that they fight on a near daily basis and see things no teenager should they're still relatively well adjusted. Kyuukai says he might be damaged but we never really see signs of him like that and he interacts fine with others, ditto for Inami.

Most Child soldiers would have either mental conditions of psychosis like Irish or signs of PTSD like Jak's OC's. There's also the fact that most people tend not to be shocked when they find the age of the character. Nobody in IS academy seems really shocked about Kyuukai's age and he's obviously famous since he gets chased by fangirls a lot.
Old 2011-11-08, 23:10   Link #6755
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - How come Child soldiers are Glorified/normal in the IS verse? Inami and Kyuukai are good examples. Despite the fact that they fight on a near daily basis and see things no teenager should they're still relatively well adjusted. Kyuukai says he might be damaged but we never really see signs of him like that and he interacts fine with others, ditto for Inami.

Most Child soldiers would have either mental conditions of psychosis like Irish or signs of PTSD like Jak's OC's. There's also the fact that most people tend not to be shocked when they find the age of the character. Nobody in IS academy seems really shocked about Kyuukai's age and he's obviously famous since he gets chased by fangirls a lot.
This is one problem I have a dilemma with in Sacred Twins and I might have to ask Blitz (side note: if you read this please reply) about the 'reactions' to the reveal about Laura as Child Soldier (notice most girls are damn afraid of her in chapter 9-10, and Charles definitely against Child soldier as stated in his monologue in earlier chapters).

EDIT:
Maybe I can justify it that 'glorified military' is part of government's propaganda, there's a trope for that. Also this one.
Old 2011-11-08, 23:18   Link #6756
Eratas123

Quote:
This is one problem I have a dilemma with in Sacred Twins and I might have to ask Blitz (side note: if you read this please reply) about the 'reactions' to the reveal about Laura as Child Soldier (notice most girls are damn afraid of her in chapter 9-10, and Charles definitely against Child soldier as stated in his monologue in earlier chapters).
You also have to remember that Laura was genetically altered so she was builtnfor being a soldier which justifies her lack of PTSD. The other OC child soldiers have no such excuse yet they deal with it fine.
Old 2011-11-08, 23:21   Link #6757
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
You also have to remember that Laura was genetically altered so she was builtnfor being a soldier which justifies her lack of PTSD. The other OC child soldiers have no such excuse yet they deal with it fine.
It's not Laura I have a problem with, but reactions from ordinary girls. Yoshi also has no PTSD, he IS a smiling and laughing corpse that not afraid of anything and basically will kill himself sooner or later if not smacked with logic.

Irish has his reason not to be traumatized, though, and Inami has no problem because he's just that Innocent (haven't killing single life at all) I haven't read deep into other guys, even Kyuukai.
Old 2011-11-08, 23:31   Link #6758
Eratas123

@ Zero - The girls might be shocked but it would wear off quickly. You have to remember that the IS world is vastly differemt so they play by different rules/

Side note - Irish IS traumatized. He has constant spells and is basically a darker version of Yoshi. What normal person would call themselves a monster like they were stating a fact and without a hint of angst or dramatics? His childhood days were even worse since he frequently mauled corpses and had no problem mutilitating himself if it would help the objective. He's used it before to distract soldiers, who would fire on an injured child?
Old 2011-11-08, 23:37   Link #6759
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - The girls might be shocked but it would wear off quickly. You have to remember that the IS world is vastly differemt so they play by different rules
Well then thanks for the clue, I'll have Charles basically goes to a long rants about the violations of human rights (played Narm Charm-tastically, both serious and over the top). But at the same time, he'll beg everyone to treat Laura indifferently, serving as heartwarming moment.

Quote:
Side note - Irish IS traumatized. He has constant spells and is basically a darker version of Yoshi. What normal person would call themselves a monster like they were stating a fact and without a hint of angst or dramatics? His childhood days were even worse since he frequently mauled corpses and had no problem mutilating himself if it would help the objective. He's used it before to distract soldiers, who would fire on an injured child?
it's called self-denial, he basically DENIES that he's traumatized by all those shit he had in his childhood: By having his current stoic facade.

Correct me if I wrong though...
Old 2011-11-08, 23:47   Link #6760
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meister if I remember some of them are absorbed form other's fanon right? Do you have the one you create from scratch?
Only a few. For major characters, I only have Higsby (Max's pervert gentleman friend), Pillai and Izumi Root for now.

Counting minor characters...

Professor Maximillan (Max's mother's) is playing a minor role in the fic I'm writing, might become more prominent in the main story.

Front Admiral Gou Hachong (his wife calls him Hacchin), he's now Rear Admiral and has a desk job overseeing Pacific operations.

Someone else took over command of the Lim Bo Seng, haven't planned who, except I know that he's played by Patrick Steward (Captain Picard, Professor X).

Gou Qixiang was promoted to Colonel and is in charge of the 210 Squadron Air Defense Artillery. She has very little role to play in the mostly-ISA era, though Karon receives video messages from her often.

Gou Kajie moved up from Eagle Four to Eagle One, and is now Captain of Air Group (CAG) of the 1st Foundation CBG. He is still flying an F35MC Rapier and in charge of the 515 SQN.

Li Zhiqing upgraded from Vandam Joaquim to a Rafale Majoris, but at the end of the fic, I intend to have the Vandam Joaquim Orchiris and Stamen to cameo as a lead-up to their appearance in the Browning Arc.

"Maybe next time."

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest