AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-18, 03:06   Link #8121
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
*just a matter of time 'till wavehawk jumps on this*
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:17   Link #8122
DarkJak2050
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero and demino_hellsin - Shadow is only about 1500-1800. Serious stories aren't that popular.
Yeah, while Project Silverback is about half that...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:21   Link #8123
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Kamen Rider can easily break the shield and ignite Absolute Defense, problem is, they're too slow!
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:42   Link #8124
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meister - Name her Komoe sensei!
I'm still thinking... But... very likely she's a Tsukiyomi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
What if Infinite stratos crossed over with kamen rider? Who has technological superiority in your opinion? for the Kamen Rider tech, just pick your favorite one.

EDIT: or any kamen rider you know of
Let's see what's already in my fanon...

The ISA 2nd year student who is an African Masai Princess from Ethiopia using medals to infuse her IS with beastial power?

Class 1-2 Kougami Tsubomi, heiress to Kougami Industries, using the BIRTH system to build a modular variant of Rafale, becoming Rafale Fourze?

Fiona and Itsuki, the two-in-one 3rd Year ISper pilots?

Or how about the passing-through delinquent in pink (now a graduate) who can transform into any of the Masked Stratos which preceeded her?

Can you say 'been there done that'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Kamen Rider can easily break the shield and ignite Absolute Defense, problem is, they're too slow!
[CLOCK UP]
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:43   Link #8125
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Sorry, sole exception, Faiz Accel!

EDIT: And the Fact Kurogane's sleeping form is a belt buckle....
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:59   Link #8126
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
If we're talking speedy riders please don't forget Accel Trial
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:27   Link #8127
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Zero - Still won't stop Jasper, who's addiction to any diversions from canon can basically be called illogical. He's probably gonna say "Tatenashi wouldn't fall for your wimpy ass OC!" then go on a rant about how my story is full of gary stus.

I wonder why he hates OC's so much? Him and "Therightwayagain" act like they know what the entire fandom wants and anything they say is law. Why don't they bug the Naruto archive? There's lots of Sues there.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:34   Link #8128
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
@eratas: This may be the best time for me to ask the worst question. Is it safe to say that 90% of the IS fandom is locked into the thought that the very franchise of IS is full-on fanservice with no other redeemable qualities? As in, do they think it's a giant platter of T & A and ignore the other concepts which seem to have so much potential? Is it wrong to say I like the world of IS but I have no real love for any of the characters? Jasper's review has put all these questions in my head.

@meister: not a fusion of systems. A full on rider vs an IS
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:38   Link #8129
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ demino_hellsin - You could say that. IS was marketed as a harem series, so when fans read fanfiction they expect corny harem moments. That's why I'm putting a lot of slice of life and rom-com even if Shadow has depressing moments, it's what the fandom expects.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:38   Link #8130
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Still won't stop Jasper, who's addiction to any diversions from canon can basically be called illogical. He's probably gonna say "Tatenashi wouldn't fall for your wimpy ass OC!" then go on a rant about how my story is full of gary stus.

I wonder why he hates OC's so much? Him and "Therightwayagain" act like they know what the entire fandom wants and anything they say is law. Why don't they bug the Naruto archive? There's lots of Sues there.
They can fuck their own asses for all we care, general consensus that irish is not a stu, he isn't one.

And as I said, while it's hard, Irish is more plausible than even Ichika if she liked Irish theh way she liked Ichika in Canon.

(I can't wait to introduce Yoshi, which will gave a hueg stab in asses of those guys)
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:39   Link #8131
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Who's Jasper...?


Also, another part of Chapter 9:

Spoiler for Scene:
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:42   Link #8132
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
LOL, that's definitely the golems....
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:42   Link #8133
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Zero - The biggest stu indicator is the fact that he's male but he can also pilot an IS. That's why I put a limit to everything Irish has: If he were in a show like black lagoon, then yes, he'd be overpowered. But in a show where every woman can pilot a walking nuke? Not so much.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:44   Link #8134
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - The biggest stu indicator is the fact that he's male but he can also pilot an IS. That's why I put a limit to everything Irish has: If he were in a show like black lagoon, then yes, he'd be overpowered. But in a show where every woman can pilot a walking nuke? Not so much.
Then I do the inverse, turning Charles into a guy and putting a mentally challenged MAN in said walking nuke just so I can roll the dark plot of Sacred Twins, and oh yes, Blitz sanctioned the plan too.
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:51   Link #8135
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Zero - At least Charles has a reason for being able to pilot (sex change) so he's excused. Most male pilots in the fandom have no reason and just end up being able to pilot because the plot says so. Of course, the fans will find a way to sue up ay OC (Probably gonna get complaints how Irish can even survive despite having no power armor)
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:53   Link #8136
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I don't know why OCs have to have this deadly limit on just to be acceptable. I can accept an OC that is a legitimate threat to the hero, as in they can go toe to toe on heroism. Even if the OC sometimes occasionally out-heroes the hero it's fine. Just not make the out-heroing too frequent or too left-field.

Why is it that when an OC shows up with the same potential/the same ability as the hero. then he is acknowledged as a stu? You actually have to left field him failing and purposely put him down, smear him in mud and over-reason the very being of his existence.

I know it's like overshadowing the author but doing things like that feels stifling. It's an insult to the creator if you overshadow their character but it feels dirty for some reason and meaningless when I write a character just to be somebody else's clown. >.>

EDIT: I'm sorry if this post is annoying but I feel it has to be asked.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:57   Link #8137
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
All you need is balance man, balance. Take Stratos' Inami Arisawa, whose has powerset similar to yours, having mech operated with hybrid technology.

Nobody said he was stu, and the only problem is spotlight distribution which can be easily fixed, everything else is top notch (@ Stratos have you fix it?)
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:01   Link #8138
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
demino_hellsin - If they have the same skills as the hero, what's the pint of putting him there? Why not just use the hero? Your OC has to be unique, male IS pilots are just Ichika with more badassery just because the author wants them to. That's why the OC I use has different skills; he's a skilled hacker, he's smarter and he's more adaptable than Ichika but Ichika has more raw power and has the potential to be the strongest. It's all about making your character unique but not overpowered.

Besides, unique doesn't mean weaker, read "Heart of the Machine". The OC is stronger than Ichika but he manages not to completely make Ichika seem like a retard in comparison.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:04   Link #8139
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
demino_hellsin - If they have the same skills as the hero, what's the point of putting him there? Why not just use the hero?
Case in point "Dokuganryuu", god mode sue to the max that SOMEHOW is very popular and likeable, rare case indeed.
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:06   Link #8140
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Zero - It's because Ichika is such a wuss in canon that turning him into a god mode sue is actually a welcome change. Putting an OC there that one ups everyone just looks bad.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.