AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-18, 05:07   Link #8141
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
All you need is balance man, balance. Take Stratos' Inami Arisawa, whose has powerset similar to yours, having mech operated with hybrid technology.

Nobody said he was stu, and the only problem is spotlight distribution which can be easily fixed, everything else is top notch (@ Stratos have you fix it?)
Still working on it. I might re-upload the edited Chapter 8 tonight.

Also, notice Inami getting megaton-punch'd twice in the same chapter? I plan to have that affect his capability for the upcoming battle.

As for the "battle" itself, it'll wind up into something like this(until the end of the video):
http://youtu.be/kIY3LzLBqy4?t=13m11s

Still unsure as to how it will go for Inami.
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:09   Link #8142
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
@Eratas
That makes sense in context.

@Stratos
GO NEXT!
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:10   Link #8143
DarkJak2050
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
What I'm wondering is if the students of IS Academy actually have real life and death combat experience. I mean experienced things soldiers go through when on missions and assignments.

If so, then what's the percentage of IS Academy's student body who has it?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:12   Link #8144
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Jak - Other than Tatenashi and Laura? Absolutely none. The IS are supposed to be sports machines, not war machines. Teaching them about fighting, tactics, and combat not related sports just looks bad. Besides, who needs experience when you have the biggest gun? (At least, that's what they think....)
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:13   Link #8145
DarkJak2050
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Jak - Other than Tatenashi and Laura? Absolutely none. The IS are supposed to be sports machines, not war machines. Teaching them about fighting, tactics, and combat not related sports just looks bad. Besides, who needs experience when you have the biggest gun? (At least, that's what they think....)
Thought as much...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:14   Link #8146
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
What I'm wondering is if the students of IS Academy actually had real life and death combat experience. I mean experienced things soldiers go through when on missions and assignments.

If so, then what's the percentage of IS Academy's student body who has it?
1. Nope, as Laura noted the truth, most of them doesn't even look at I.S. realistic ability, just calling it walking nukes and bear them as fashion, the one that been seriously doing their study is Representative Cadet, even then it was limited. Those in the military (like Rin and Laura) or I.S. related organization (Tatenahsi & Kanzashi) has superior knowledge and responsibility (rule of funny notwithstanding).

2. The percentage? There's 22 country that own I.S., let's say every country in that list has at the least 2 personal I.S., so 44 out of 600.

And that's the largest number, because they're moving to gen-3, it was reduced severely, and in first grade there's six excluding Houki who's special (Ichika, Cecilia, Rin, Laura, Char, Kanzashi)
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:16   Link #8147
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Zero and Jak - The personal's have training, not experience. That's one of the main theme's of Shadow: Power can be beaten through pure human ingenuity.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:16   Link #8148
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
demino_hellsin - If they have the same skills as the hero, what's the pint of putting him there? Why not just use the hero? Your OC has to be unique, male IS pilots are just Ichika with more badassery just because the author wants them to. That's why the OC I use has different skills; he's a skilled hacker, he's smarter and he's more adaptable than Ichika but Ichika has more raw power and has the potential to be the strongest. It's all about making your character unique but not overpowered.

Besides, unique doesn't mean weaker, read "Heart of the Machine". The OC is stronger than Ichika but he manages not to completely make Ichika seem like a retard in comparison.
Probably the worst counter argument but...

"I'm not defined by my abilities alone!"---Kira Yamato to Rau Le Cruset. Gundam SEED, battle of Jachin Due. Freedom vs Providence.
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:18   Link #8149
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Worst argument ever, but that'll work (note: Character development in Gundam SEED is damn heavy, but the way they portray Kira is awful)
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:20   Link #8150
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ demno_hellsin - Too bad Kira is considered a God mode sue even by Gundam fans. Besides, as I said, why not just give the OC different abilities? Their personality is unique but they basically copy pasted the heroes abilities? You don't see anything wrong with that picture?
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:27   Link #8151
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I don't see anything wrong with people having the same basic talents, the same weapons, the same fighting style, the same heroic personality. But there will always be something that sets those two similar being apart from each other.

In writing I find that it may be unattractive to write about similar characters due to a lack of flamboyant identity and a chore to read about them. But what's so wrong about subtle differences? You have two people for example wielding the Reiraku Byakuya. If Ichika wields it in an iai like style, why not let the other wield it in a fencing style?

Bad-ass or not two characters are two characters unless you write one to be the semi-verbatim copy of another without letting each grow into their own unique paths.
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:33   Link #8152
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
That argument would work in fiction just like in real life, but for obvious reason, why you make two people with identical ability if you can done it differently? Your argument already covers that actually.

Take Ryu and Ken from Street fighter, different people, same powerset. This is mostly constrained by the technical and plot reason (whih is almost nonexistent).

Come new consoles with higher spec and dire need for plot, they became different in their skillset but have similar base style: Shotoclone. They also gain detailed backstory and characterization which is very contrast, all they share is same martial arts teacher and they're basically classmate.

Similar powerset =/= EXACT same power
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:33   Link #8153
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ demino_hellsin - So you're saying that you have no problem with a character being a clone of the other as long as they have subtle differences?

That's what you'd call a copycat sue, just look at the naruto archive. Thousands of stories about Naruto's sister who has the six tailed cat or something like that. Why are they unpopular? Because they're just the heroes clone in all but name.

When people read about OC's, they want to see what he has to offer. If he's just a clone of the character with slight changes, then he's got nothing new to offer. Why would readers want to read about this guy/girl who has the same things as the hero down to the same weapon and stance? It's pointless since the character already exists and you're just copying off of them.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:41   Link #8154
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
@eratas: Any naruto fic with a Naruto's sister in it should burn because Naruto being alone is a major plot point. Even from the start, you can give him a foster family or something just not a twin or "oh, a family member survived.". Being alone/having no family is one of the reasons naruto is the way he is. You take that away it breaks a crapload of things about him. The six-tailed cat or something issue? biju aren't just things you pick up out of nowhere. And even though it was really late, we learned that there are only limited number of biju at all. If somebody said that they were able to clone kyuubi and stick it in a ninja baby as some sort of sick experiment and put them in the same situation as naruto I think that idea would actually have a fighting chance instead of the twin sister theorem.

^subjective argument. Please ignore it and assume I lost.

@zero: by street fighter canon, Ken and Ryu have the same fighting style, same school, same hadoken, same shouryuken, same tatsumasenpuukyakuken(not sure if spelled right). It is both a mixture of the industries' demands and the unique personalities that the two guys differed in specialty. It's like you learn the same martial art but you perfect/improve-on the technique you prefer.
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:45   Link #8155
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Indeed, the point is that even if they start similar, character development will made them different. Most twin in anime/ manga is like that.

But actually, it's possible to seal some PART of Bijuu....
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:48   Link #8156
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
We really need more witty quotes in the fics we write right, rite?
Quote:
"I am a bearer," he sang. "I am a dwelling, I am a messenger---"

"You are an IDIOT!"
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:56   Link #8157
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
The six-tailed cat or something issue? biju aren't just things you pick up out of nowhere

@demino_hellsin - The Astra Exodus is similar to this. A machine that can rival the IS even if the IS themselves are evolving pieces of tech. The IS also have the cores to make them stronger while the AE is parts of the IS welded together to form a machine.

In naruto speak: Instead of finding a Biju, it's like building your own Biju.

Why not make it weaker than an IS? It can have different specialty's, not make it able to rival a machine that keeps evolving and getting better
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 06:02   Link #8158
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Sorry, sole exception, Faiz Accel!

EDIT: And the Fact Kurogane's sleeping form is a belt buckle....


Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
If we're talking speedy riders please don't forget Accel Trial
Ah... How could we forget.

Btw, I heard that Fujiwara Kei is hanging out with some police commissioner's kid. Amateur detective too. I think his family name was Terui...?
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 06:08   Link #8159
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Btw, I heard that Fujiwara Kei is hanging out with some police commissioner's kid. Amateur detective too. I think his family name was Terui...?
Meister. NO.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 06:09   Link #8160
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
If I said explicitly that the AE is weaker than the IS and that the AE is made up of IS frame parts, it's like I'm self denying.

Spoiler for rant for eratas:
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.