AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 17:52   Link #8981
Eratas123

@ Zero - He's a terrorist, why would FRACTURE care to give him life support? Better to just use him while he can still function.

So can everyone (bar Koyomi) in the story overpower him then? It doesn't bug me since his skills lie more on agility and speed than strength anyway.
Old 2011-11-22, 17:56   Link #8982
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - He's a terrorist, why would FRACTURE care to give him life support? Better to just use him while he can still function.
Hmm, so they don't believe in redemption?

No offense, but that's idiotic, even if they don't see Irish as human, instead they saw him as assets, ignoring his health is idiotic. Gray POV notwithstanding.

At least they can prepare a special rejuvenating bed chamber (like those suggested by meister) to keep him functional at efficient level, countering the destructive effect of his suit. Similar to what was used in Gundam SEED destiny for the extendeds.

Quote:
So can everyone (bar Koyomi) in the story overpower him then? It doesn't bug me since his skills lie more on agility and speed than strength anyway.
I don't think Koyomi can, she's not a ditz, but she's too clumsy because she's the epitome of non-combatant (based on what I found on HoTM)
Old 2011-11-22, 18:02   Link #8983
Eratas123

@ Zero - The skull suit keeps him functioning. Besides, they're already spending a good amount trying to keep Joshua alive. That and Irish doesn't ask for treatment. He says that he's fine and that he can keep going as long as he has the suit with him (He only cares about Joshua's health at this point, not his own). He's good at hiding the strain on his body so no one really questions it. Heck, he manages to hide his drug addiction for a while as well.

I know Koyomi can't, I meant the other males/females. Koyomi's a 5 year old Tabane.
Old 2011-11-22, 18:02   Link #8984
DarkJak2050

Those were just visual aid on where the Tatoos might be placed.

And I'll let you know on somethings about those Tatoos in the pictures: They both "immortalize" or a personal memorial to the loved ones they lost in a war they've been fighting in.

The man on the left lost his wife, Maria. Before her death, his tatoo was in the shape of a heart to show the "symbolism" of his love to her. After her death, he had it altered to an angel that you see now.

The guy on the right lost 2 of his brothers (blood-related) while they were on active duty. And the helmets you see, are the ones they've used while on duty. Both with a name under their respected helmets. Here's a better picture of it:

And the guy who has this tatoo on his arm is a seasoned soldier; more battle harden and more muscular than his 2 deceased brothers.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 18:08   Link #8985
Eratas123

@ Jak - That looks cool, as long as it's not those huge tattoos that cover the persons head and body then I think it's okay.
Old 2011-11-22, 18:12   Link #8986
DarkJak2050

So in other words, if the IS Academy students were to see a tatoo like those, then they're not going to be "phased" by them?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 18:13   Link #8987
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Eras
The skull suit keep him functioning, but it won't last too long considering he had used it for YEARS.

Considering FRACTURE being what they are (high tech paramilitary), the gradual reduction of performance shown by Irish will made them concerned. Because even 5% reduction in performance = crucial loss of edge. They're in the risk of losing a considerably important asset.

Of course this wont happen soon, maybe in 2-3 months after his recruitment?

@Jak
I don't know about the symbolism because; 1. I don't play GoW, 2. You asked about the aesthetic. Thank you for elaborate the info.

Whether it was romantic or not, I believe the symbolism of the tattoos, had they're used in your story, can be a good plot point.

Hypotethical condition 1: A girl become close with Hot Shot, not in romantic, but platonic partnership. She asked about the tattoo, and what it means.

Hypothetical condition 2: As for the common girls saw the Tattoo... depending on which and what kind of tattoo, the one with high aesthetic value will make the girl pleased, the one that's is scary and symbolize brutality will made them less eager and a little scared.
Old 2011-11-22, 18:14   Link #8988
Eratas123

@ Jak - I saw a guy with a tatoo going from his lower arm all the way to his cranium, that surprised me. I've seen guys with smaller tatoos like that, I think they're cool.

@ Zero - It happens a few months, right. He wakes up in the middle of the night and starts puking his guts out and Tatenashi finds the painkillers he's hidden. Then comes the awkward explanations

Until then, he's still fully functional and can hide his symptoms.
Old 2011-11-22, 18:19   Link #8989
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:
@ Zero - It happens a few months, right. He wakes up in the middle of the night and starts puking his guts out and Tatenashi finds the painkillers he's hidden. Then comes the awkward explanations

Until then, he's still fully functional and can hide his symptoms.
Yeah, good scenario.
Old 2011-11-22, 18:22   Link #8990
Eratas123

@ Zero - Though I'll have to find a way for Tatenashi NOT to ban him from missions once she finds out. She may be a tease, but she's shown to be a good person.
Old 2011-11-22, 18:30   Link #8991
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Though I'll have to find a way for Tatenashi NOT to ban him from missions once she finds out. She may be a tease, but she's shown to be a good person.
As I said, rejuvenating bed and PROPER medical treatment. Once Irish returned form mission, he was blackmailed into stripping himself out of Skull Suit, put into an oxygen-pressurized chamber, with advanced medicine and nutrition injected into his veins.

Irish will stay like that for 6-8 hours, and released in the morning. Diagnosed by the medical staff, and if he's declared OK, then it's all go and he was free. The process is repeated everyday until he was sent into a mission again.

It'll at the least counter the damage a little, and healing process will took years, even then Irish is crippled in build department.
Old 2011-11-22, 18:35   Link #8992
Eratas123

@ Zero - That'll work. By the time he's shown symptoms, he's already proven a valuable asset and a good "investment" so FRACTURE would help him. Of course, he's still going to say no, but it's not like Tatenashi will listen to that. We all know who wears the pants in that relationship
Old 2011-11-22, 18:35   Link #8993
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:
@ Zero - That'll work. By the time he's shown symptoms, he's already proven a valuable asset and a good "investment" so FRACTURE would help him. Of course, he's still going to say no, but it's not like Tatenashi will listen to that. We all know who wears the pants in that relationship
Nice guess.
Old 2011-11-22, 18:42   Link #8994
Eratas123

@ Zero - It's not a guess. If you're a male OC in this fandom, you're never going to get in an equal relationship
Old 2011-11-22, 18:54   Link #8995
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas and Zero: FRACTURE may be a morally gray organization, but they have differing shades, operated by different people:

Tabane - "White" side, head of FRACTURE R&D, head of Medical Corps, head of Charity Core.

Ethan Roy - "Gray" side, Commander of STASIS, Commander of FRACTURE's Military Forces, head of Council of Public Relations, current "beloved leader" of FRACTURE

Cpt. Mactavish - "Black" side, leader of Task Force 141 (this one has different meaning)/the cover title of CERBERUS: Combative Executory Recon Black-operations Emergency Response UnitS, the side that does anything for the sake of peace.

And another wholly unrelated side: Koyomi - "Pink" side, decides everything recreational that happens on the ALBATROSS, such as festivals, parties, and anything literally pink.

@ Jak: I liked the Carmine brothers... Damn Locust...
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 18:54   Link #8996
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lol for the truth, but of course, this is because no matter what, the females are dominant. Fridge Brilliance much?

Okay, because I'm free, here's the hypothetical question about my plan of revisiting my fanfic.

Spoiler for LOL:

Yeah, cliche.... how about that? You all, please comment as honest as you can, and if you have suggestion, feel free to share.
Old 2011-11-22, 19:10   Link #8997
Eratas123

@ Rain - All sides have their good and bad points. If one dies, the others dies with it.

BTW, I planned a part like this between Irish and Kyuukai. (They don't die though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n5R7GaoyGE

@ Zero - Seems fine to me, but it's also easy to say that it's because of one of Lala's inventions.
Old 2011-11-22, 19:13   Link #8998
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Seems fine to me, but it's also easy to say that it's because of one of Lala's inventions.
Eh? In mine, it's an AU, no alien, every alien is mostly funky foreigner from real or fictional country. Lala still retain her super-intelligent side though (Because Tabane is her adopted mother and taught her everything, normal girls will go insane, but Lala is gifted enough to survive)
Old 2011-11-22, 19:17   Link #8999
Eratas123

@ Zero - There's still "Riko", Rito has genderbent before.
Old 2011-11-22, 19:19   Link #9000
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - There's still "Riko", Rito has genderbent before.
Hm....I knew... I think I have a plan

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest