AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-02, 06:33   Link #10801
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - As you said first? I don't remember you saying anything about this before.
LOL we talked about it BEFORE we going into Tatenahsi forcing him undergo Rejuvenation treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Meh, thanks for the help Also, how would other characters find out first? Humans live under Arbitary Skepticism so they'll probably assume that he's just sleepy or tired. He's not really gonna say anything either since he doesn't want to bother people.
Arbitary skepticism? then I don't know, because IRL a drug addict can easily found by appearance and behaviour, let alone blood test...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Side note - Madoka and Ichika are clones, are they capable of giving birth normally and having an average, normal kid?
Depending what kind of clones are you talking about, but if they have EXACT genetic source (and it's impossible to create Ichika without donor unless we can transmute X into Y) there's good chance about genetic defect.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 06:41   Link #10802
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai - Wasn't that just on his drug addiction? They don't think he's dying at that point, just in danger of overdosing if he's not careful. The skull suit degradation is more on his body being turned more zombie like and how his physical capabilities start to strain (No blood test will help them here). All thing's considered, it's either Maya (found out on her own) or Karon (reads his mind) who finds out about it first. You think I should just have it fail on him during a mission (losing consciousness during an operation)?

Side note - Wait, doesn't that mean he's screwing himself !O.o! Will their kid be a full fledged human or a badass abnormal?
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 06:45   Link #10803
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Wasn't that just on his drug addiction? They don't think he's dying at that point, just in danger of overdosing if he's not careful. The skull suit degradation is more on his body being turned more zombie like and how his physical capabilities start to strain (No blood test will help them here). All thing's considered, it's either Maya (found out on her own) or Karon (reads his mind) who finds out about it first. You think I should just have it fail on him during a mission (losing consciousness during an operation)?
Then have Maya found it out, while Karon ACTUALLY found the clue earlier but Irish told her to shut up, all the more tragic and ironic for both of them. (also a LITTLE character development involved, but at least there's one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Side note - Wait, doesn't that mean he's screwing himself !O.o! Will their kid be a full fledged human or a badass abnormal?
LOL, depend on how 'special' Madoka and Ichika is, in mine, yes, their kid is Badass beyond mortals normals. At least they have proper Mother and father (genetic wise).

Also, this is how Dan and Ran's units appear (Yep, she's using Armored Stratos instead of I.S., too few of them ). But Dan has better armor and booster while Ran's has thinner armor but better shielding.

__________________
Ichika Is Awesome

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-12-02 at 06:56.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 06:56   Link #10804
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai = Alright: Karon find out first but he tells her to shut up about it. Maya gets suspicious and starts to check on his condition the past few days. While this is happening, Irish and Tatenashi are on a mission but he starts getting more and more strained. Maya checks his health and physical data compared to before and sees the spikes. Irish collapses during the mission and ends up being a liablility (Command tells Tatenashi to leave him behind if he's useless but she ignores them and helps him). Back in Academy and both of them demand an explanation to his erratic behavior.

Is it okay?

Side note - Please don't make the kid too strong. We don't need God mode Sue's in the IS archive, especially with the volatile state of it and hatred for OC's for some reason Also, is Dan and Utsuho's kid male or female?

EDIT: Wait, Ran has a unit!? !O.o!

@ Stratos - Why exactly is Inami given a teaching position again? Considering the fact that the Minerva isn't an IS and that it's not public knowledge.

@ demino_hellsin - Can you give me the weaknesses of the AE?
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:00   Link #10805
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai = Alright: Karon find out first but he tells her to shut up about it. Maya gets suspicious and starts to check on his condition the past few days. While this is happening, Irish and Tatenashi are on a mission but he starts getting more and more strained. Maya checks his health and physical data compared to before and sees the spikes. Irish collapses during the mission and ends up being a liablility (Command tells Tatenashi to leave him behind if he's useless but she ignores them and helps him). Back in Academy and both of them demand an explanation to his erratic behavior.

Is it okay?
Yes, this is the best explanation so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Side note - Please don't make the kid too strong. We don't need God mode Sue's in the IS archive, especially with the volatile state of it and hatred for OC's for some reason Also, is Dan and Utsuho's kid male or female?
I don't know if I will ever do Sacred Twins sequel, but probably Dan's kid would be female (and paired with Ichika's son).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
EDIT: Wait, Ran has a unit!? !O.o!
Only in the Grimdark spinoff... and she was killed in her third sortie when using that same unit...
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:07   Link #10806
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai - How do you think one can explain it? I doubt just blurting out "I'm dying" to them is going to get the best of results. Also, he doesn't know think that they care if he dies (Being raised that way) so he might sound callous/emotionless when he explains.

Side note - I was just going to suggest pairing him with Ichika's kid! Do it! Do it! Do it! I wanna see both parents acting awkward as hell about it

Side note 2 - And the death toll rises I really hate reading stories where people die senselessly *Ignores the fact that he wrote two drafts that do the exact same thing*.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:12   Link #10807
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
@eratas:
AE is:
- as of now only useable by people with highly adaptive minds. The AE has no working nerve interface to speak of, it runs only on mind-link. The feeling of piloting it is more akin to "getting a new body part" than giving orders.

- not able to utilize quantization so all its weapons are built-in and it has no storage form. The closest you can get is to make the AE fly around you but you have to be able to pilot it and the monopole engine must be working 100%

- the AE cannot evolve like the IS. It is completely reliant on physical modification of the frame and its parts.

- AE lacks the absolute defense of IS since absolute defense is handled by the IS core.

- AE is not connected to the IS network.

- AE is prone to disruption should you somehow single out one of its components flying solo before combining.

EDIT: things off the top of my head.

- other than 2 solid state particle conductor blades(can be remote controlled), all its weapons are particle beam based.

- an alternate pilot who is also listed as a pilot by the AE can interfere with the current pilot's control. Range is all dependent on the pilot's abilities :P
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:16   Link #10808
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ demino_hellsin - Then why the heck were you proposing dark matter and 100 bits? I doubt you can carry those around with you
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:17   Link #10809
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Stratos - Why exactly is Inami given a teaching position again? Considering the fact that the Minerva isn't an IS and that it's not public knowledge.
It's basically Chifuyu's gamble to test his trustworthiness, being the owner of a machine that was able to hold out on its own against the Silver Gospel.

And also the fact that he's involved himself with the Academy's affairs such that it leads to the following:

While the Minerva(or the initial one, at least) could not take down said IS, she realizes Inami's sheer willpower to face it head-on, which eventually allows to him to survive throughout the battle.

Then there's him having potential in planning strategic combat. For some reason, she's takes an interest in said potential within him, wanting to see what other hidden potential he has.

Last but not least, as per his own request to have Tsurugi enroll. He'll be responsible in training her to meet the Academy's standards, which he also volunteers for by rejecting to teach classes to become Tsurugi's personal instructor until she's ready.


Here's a scene:
Spoiler for Scene:
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:20   Link #10810
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
@eratas: the 100+ bits are only part of the upgrade thrusters. They're shaped like wing zero custom's wings. Only each detailed "feather" is a bit.

Dark matter was a misunderstanding on my part D: I have learned my lesson
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:24   Link #10811
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - How do you think one can explain it? I doubt just blurting out "I'm dying" to them is going to get the best of results. Also, he doesn't know think that they care if he dies (Being raised that way) so he might sound callous/emotionless when he explains.
That would work, considering Irish' nihilism...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Side note - I was just going to suggest pairing him with Ichika's kid! Do it! Do it! Do it! I wanna see both parents acting awkward as hell about it
Awkward?! They play shipper on deck! But of course Lingyin and her daughter will interfere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Side note 2 - And the death toll rises I really hate reading stories where people die senselessly *Ignores the fact that he wrote two drafts that do the exact same thing*.
Hey, I have to spill the grimdark somewhere other than Sacred Twins

(Chifuyu actually died in final arc instead of that flashback)

Besides these two, Ichika or Dan (or BOTH), the deads is composed of unnamed grunts or my OCs....
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:26   Link #10812
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Stratos - Chifuyu seems to dislike kids getting involved with Quota's above their age so I think it's more like she's the trying to limit his interactions, not the other way around.

Also, you might want to be careful of making him take the spotlight for too long. It tends to irk readers if the canon cast was cast aside completely.

Side note - PLEASE don't tell me the man-hater's gonna fall for him It's been done so may times it's ridiculous.

@ demino_hellsin - Alright then, how many can he control at once? Don't say all of them, that's a bit of an asspull.

@ Senpai - Ho do you think he should try to explain it? Lie, downplay it, try to weasel out, just say he's dying? I can't decide!

Shippers on deck? Did you forget his reaction when Ran showed interest in Ichika? He was pretty much completely against it.

I might have any of the mains die, but I'll have them do it giving the enemy the middle finger as they go down. As I said before, Irish can die but I need him to die accomplishing something and not getting gunned down like Michael with Akira.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:32   Link #10813
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
@eratas: Rong can use all of them at once... but like I said, it's not pleasant(either renders him comatose or dead). The only other way all bits can deploy at once is if the AE's current pilot lets another registered pilot have control over the unlaunched bits. Mostly Rong would just use them like 6-10 at a time either as reusable missiles or extra guns on field.

Though I am now thinking over whether I really want or need this system... this is supposed to be in response to a major threat that none of the characters can beat(except Chifuyu) on their own, and have a 1%<x<0% chance of winning when fighting as a team...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:36   Link #10814
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ demino_hellsin - Just don't make him br able to do it all the time or readers will call bull on it. Also, don't forget the teachers and the dtudent council presudent, they're most likely very strong and capable based on what we've seen so far so they won't be helpless either.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:40   Link #10815
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Stratos - Chifuyu seems to dislike kids getting involved with Quota's above their age so I think it's more like she's the trying to limit his interactions, not the other way around.
Seeing how she just allocated him to a seemingly haunted office as a dormitory, I wouldn't doubt that one bit.

Quote:
Also, you might want to be careful of making him take the spotlight for too long. It tends to irk readers if the canon cast was cast aside completely.
Not completely, no. Inami's will still make frequent appearances because Tsurugi's arc greatly involves him. (Personal trainings, Proioxis advent, Arete's advent, occasional Golems, PT etc.)

Then again, seeing how she's friends with the canon cast back in Athena Bouclier... Her being their schoolmate/classmate means they'll also be making appearances.

Quote:
Side note - PLEASE don't tell me the man-hater's gonna fall for him It's been done so may times it's ridiculous.
She's onto Inami because of his decisiveness and selflessness which she realizes after spending a lot of time alongside him in combat.

Then again, she begins to have doubts after learning Tsurugi's true feelings for him.

Moreover, she hasn't discarded her feelings for Ichika yet. (also, why would you refer to her as a man-hater?)

We'll see how it goes.
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:41   Link #10816
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
@eratas: I'll read through the canon to see how strong they are so I can come up with a proper enemy. But thus far canon has only given me the option of gundamjacking the silver gospel.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:52   Link #10817
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai - Made an edit to 2nd to last post.

@ Stratos - The canon cast aren't useless. The teachers should be able to handle golem attacks since it's their jobs to do so. Having them not do anything and just making Inami fight is major derailment of verse law.

If that fails, don't forget that the 1st years and 2nd years have been shown to be smart enough to be able to take them on. They wouldn't sit back and watch either.

The feminist falling for a guy has a lot of unfortunate implications (Mainly the one where she has to fall for a guy despite trying to be independent from them to be happy) so her taking an interest in Inami or Ichika might end up backfiring. Why not just have her change her attitude without falling for either?

@ demino_hellsin - To wit: Maya, who's shown to be a clumsy ditz, was good enough to fight and beat two rep candidates, at the same time, with an inferior unit, and even when she wasn't very serious about it. This should show how good teachers are in the IS verse.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 08:04   Link #10818
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I can only imagine what kind of monster my big bad has to be if he's shown to be able to curbstomp every single person that intercepts him and disable every legitimate threat before they can even board IS units.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 08:13   Link #10819
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Stratos - The canon cast aren't useless. The teachers should be able to handle golem attacks since it's their jobs to do so. Having them not do anything and just making Inami fight is major derailment of verse law.
Quote:
If that fails, don't forget that the 1st years and 2nd years have been shown to be smart enough to be able to take them on. They wouldn't sit back and watch either.
No worries for that part, I did post up a draft back where Tsurugi and a couple of other Academy students face off against a Golem.

I do have a scene in mind though... which does involve Inami(in the Proioxis) taking on an IS unit... alone

Quote:
The feminist falling for a guy has a lot of unfortunate implications (Mainly the one where she has to fall for a guy despite trying to be independent from them to be happy) so her taking an interest in Inami or Ichika might end up backfiring. Why not just have her change her attitude without falling for either?
Seeing how Inami and Tsurugi are progressing, it's pretty much a given as to where/how Cecilia will end up.

Then again, it's a challenge, but I'll see what I can do.
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 08:13   Link #10820
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ demino_hellsin - They would call that that big bad "mary/gary sue" If he curbstomps everyone and then Rong manages to beat him, that might cause eyebrows to be raised. I'm making phantom task borderline villain sue's in mine but this is offset by the fact that no one (bar Chifuyu and Maya) actually manage to land a win. All the protags get serious injuries or lasting damage to show that they're not as strong as the narrative implies they are.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.