AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-09-07, 01:59   Link #1081
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Heads up guys. Spotted another fanfic on Fanfic.net.

IS: What lies in Shadow

Not sure on who wrote it, though.
Yeah, It's good, surprisingly. And it's seems like Cecilia got a spotlight, which is rare. Desu wa!
Old 2011-09-07, 12:15   Link #1082
DarkJak2050

Fanfic spotted...

Secrets the Fire has Revealed

Judging from the Summary; the spotlight's on Houki, finallly a new fanfic concentrating on her.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 12:27   Link #1083
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Fanfic spotted...

Secrets the Fire has Revealed

Judging from the Summary; the spotlight's on Houki, finallly a new fanfic concentrating on her.
read 3 chapters, character is a blatant Mary Sue.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 21:55   Link #1084
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
EDIT: How exactly a small flying drone able to carry a Tomahawk? Maybe you're thinking about Hellfire Antitank Missile? Seriously, change it...someone will notice sooner or later.

Spoiler for for Spoiler:

But perhaps you make it like this

> OC met Canon Characters (CC) this also known as Establishing Original Character Moment.

> More interaction with CC, this interaction will slowly humanize and characterize your OC, whether they're hero, anti-hero or villain. Keep in mind, Villain does not equal Antagonist. Light Yagami and Lelouch Lamperouge is some example of Villain Protagonist and Anti-hero Protagonist.

> Tell readers about OC's background (Perhaps not in first chapter, maybe second or third). Your OC's action should have a motive, in this case, their hatred toward IS explained whether by flashback or exposition, but you may prefer Flashback. So, this preview might became this part.

> Reaction from CC about those, this is important. Whether they sympathize with OC or whatever you think suit the plot.

If you put it that way, the reader will think "What's their motive? Who are they?" and keep reading.

Remember, as I said before, full OC story is hard to do well. If you want to do such story, you should put all your might in it, and writing fanfiction became less fun that way. Of course if you succeed making a story that is good according to reader, the satisfaction is priceless.

In the end, it's still up to you
Okay, I'm almost ready on getting my prologue posted on Fanfic.net. But I'm kinda concerned on how it's gonna look on it. I used Microsoft Word to make it and it's in DocX format. Fanfic.net said that DocX will not be converted into publishable storys/chapters. If anyone here has an account on Fanfic.net I need some help here guys.

Zero, what did you use to write your fanfic?
Old 2011-09-07, 22:03   Link #1085
blitz1/2

Quote:
Okay, I'm almost ready on getting my prologue posted on Fanfic.net. But I'm kinda concerned on how it's gonna look on it. I used Microsoft Word to make it and it's in DocX format. Fanfic.net said that DocX will not be converted into publishable storys/chapters. If anyone here has an account on Fanfic.net I need some help here guys.

Zero, what did you use to write your fanfic?
story, if you mean the program, then I use word 2003.

Old 2011-09-07, 22:18   Link #1086
DarkJak2050

I use Microsoft word 2007.

What exactly did you do to get your Fanfic published into story/chapter format if the file is in DocX format?
Old 2011-09-08, 01:20   Link #1087
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I think there's some misunderstanding, Jak. DOCX in FF.net is [Document eXchange Program], meaning that you [share it with another author (usually beta) by establishing a connection with them]. Of course, you can't post them as story, usually the beta just highlighted the mistakes to point it out.

DocX in Microsoft Office 2007 means [Document XML Embedded], meaning that it's just fine upload them, but you had to click o[Story] option instead of o[DOCX].

I myself use MSO 2003 because MSO 2007 is way too bothersome in terms of interface.

Besides....my computer is ancient...(Celeron 1.2 GHz, 256 RAM, 16 MB N-Force VGA, 6 GB Hardisk, 158k EVDO) and MSO 2007 is greedy.

Hope this could help.
Old 2011-09-08, 01:34   Link #1088
DarkJak2050

Okay, but is it possible to add chapters to the story even though the file format is in DocX?
Old 2011-09-08, 04:44   Link #1089
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author

Tsk tsk, wavehawk, I'm gonna have to teach you a little about handling tsunderes.
Old 2011-09-08, 04:52   Link #1090
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Okay, but is it possible to add chapters to the story even though the file format is in DocX?
TO answer you, I'll quote FF.net themselves

Quote:
Notes/Compatible Files
Life: documents will live/stay in the system for 60 days. After 60 days, stale documents will be removed. Document Life resets when the document has been edited.

Always double space between paragraphs. Otherwise, text will be bunched together when displayed.

Make sure the file has the proper file extension. For example, a Microsoft Word document should always have a ".doc" or ".docx" at the end of the file name.

There is an upload file size limit of 9MB and we do not support password-protected files.

List of Supported Document/File Formats:

1. # LibreOffice/OpenOffice/NeoOffice (.odt, .sxw)
2. + Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
3. + Microsoft Works (.wps)
4. + WinWord, WordPad (.rtf)
5. + StarOffice (.sdw)
6. + WordPerfect (.wp, .wpd)
7. + HTML (.htm, .html)
8. * Plain Text, NotePad (.txt)

# = Enhanced support where basic layout styles (bold, italics, underlines, centering) will be preserved. Highly Recommended.
+ = Enhanced support where basic layout styles will be preserved. Recommended.
* = Basic support. Not recommended. Use as last resort.
Hope this help, yes, I had exprerience with Open office and Libre Office too, but in the end, I returned to good ol' MSO 2003.
Old 2011-09-08, 18:18   Link #1091
DarkJak2050

Yeah, that helps man. And as a show of thanks, here's the Prologue to my Fanfic. Recommend on reading the Plot first (for first time readers).

Spoiler for Plot:

And now...
Spoiler for IS: Project Silverback Prologue:

Had to censor it a bit for safety sake.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-09-09 at 13:29.
Old 2011-09-08, 18:31   Link #1092
blitz1/2

Quote:
Yeah, that helps man. And as a show of thanks, here's the Prologue to my Fanfic. Recommend on reading the Plot first (for first time readers).

Spoiler for Plot:

And now...
Spoiler for Project Silverback Prologue:

Hmm, the characters are well introduced, and the plot seems ok. Although, it seems like a huge chunk of text thrown at me, I think it would be better had you divided it in half, or at least in smaller portions.

Old 2011-09-08, 21:05   Link #1093
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:

Spoiler for Plot:

And now...
Spoiler for Project Silverback Prologue:

Now that's I'd call PLOT, starting with exposition and kick with a BANG! Awesome action.

Actually, I recommenced you to erase that ~FLASHBACK~ exclamation because it's killing the mood swing effect, a couple of readers told me so (they said Flashback tag is corny, so I had to erase them from "Sacred Twins").

No, even without tag, the reader will knew, since the storytelling is incredibly good since the beginning.

You're able to establish the OCs without SINGLE CC appeared, and that's really an achievement I honestly cannot imitate.

P.S. DAMN IT FF.NET IS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-09-08 at 21:15.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 22:05   Link #1094
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Now that's I'd call PLOT, starting with exposition and kick with a BANG! Awesome action.

Actually, I recommenced you to erase that ~FLASHBACK~ exclamation because it's killing the mood swing effect, a couple of readers told me so (they said Flashback tag is corny, so I had to erase them from "Sacred Twins").

No, even without tag, the reader will knew, since the storytelling is incredibly good since the beginning.

You're able to establish the OCs without SINGLE CC appeared, and that's really an achievement I honestly cannot imitate.

P.S. DAMN IT FF.NET IS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's down? It works on my end though.

Old 2011-09-08, 22:46   Link #1095
Eratas123

Will your OC character interact with the infinite stratos cast?
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 23:05   Link #1096
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Will your OC character interact with the infinite stratos cast?
This is an OC story that's set in the IS universe, but coming from the perspective of a group of former mercenaries in IS Society, not IS Academy. So there's a very, very strong possibility that they won't.
Old 2011-09-09, 03:48   Link #1097
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author

Due to various reasons, I was unable to view the WINcest fanfic until now...

...and after less than a minute, I don't think my body can take it any longer.

Excuse me gentlemen while I, "blow-dry my hair".
Old 2011-09-09, 03:58   Link #1098
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

WOAH COOL BUDDY, you're really a brave challenger. I Support you 100% with my heart, Jak.

On a side note, here's a sneak peek of Chapter 4, I wrote it with 100% originality of my mid (the plot is the same though....for now)

Spoiler for Warning for twincest:

Spoiler for Crazy awesome:

Damn it Ichika, there's no misunderstanding whatsoever! you just missing the point!

Currently sending a full chapter to my unofficial Beta Blitz 1/2 and wait for his comment, then I'll update.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-09-09 at 04:29.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 04:35   Link #1099
Eratas123

Can I ask for anybody here to help me with"IS: What lies in Shadow"?
I'm not very confident with my grammar and formatting so I wonder if anybody is here is willing to please help me proof-read it.
BTW love the WINcest fic, can't wait for more.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 04:45   Link #1100
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Can I ask for anybody here to help me with"IS: What lies in Shadow"?
I'm not very confident with my grammar and formatting so I wonder if anybody is here is willing to please help me proof-read it.
BTW love the WINcest fic, can't wait for more.
I'm not sure about grammar (since mine are broken to begin with ) but the formating is fine if you ask me.

BTW, who's the main heroine? Us Fanfic Writer often pushed a heroine in front of others (Most people choose Char(lotte), some choose Houki, some choose Laura, in case of me, I choose Madoka).

It's rare to find one with complete balance like canon (Tier 1: Houki, CHar, Laura. Tier 2: Cecilia, Ling, Kanzashi). It would be good if you can make a balanced one too.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest