AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-14, 03:46   Link #12881
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Feeling lazy the past few days for some reason. It feels like I'm forcing myself to write now instead of just doing it on my free time.
Note yourself that, this is fanfiction, supposedly had to be fun.

No matter if I write a story about Gary Stu OC, if I have fun with it, I could made myself deaf to critics (even if that basically insulting original author AND fandom).

Look at Hawk for example, if he felt he can't write, he won't. I was being idle from writing fanfic and that didn't stop me from enjoying here chatting and discussing stuff (unless I'm so busy I can't even sit here for more than 30 minutes).

Quote:
I'm more conflicted on whether I should split it again or not since it's really going over the limit.
Again, up yours, as author you would knew what is plausible/ acceptable and what isn't.

Quote:
Side note - I stopped replying to that a while ago. I really don't care that much since I don't want to post arguments.
Old 2011-12-14, 03:52   Link #12882
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Okay, back to discussion of fanon/canon!

1. Does IS academy have the right to the student more than their home country?

2. I heard that Tatenashi and Kanzashi are half-Japanese. Think this is true?

3. How do you think Tabane made the IS weapons and gear when she had no funding?
Old 2011-12-14, 04:00   Link #12883
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

1. But they aren't part of any country, yes?

2. Nothing was said, since their names are Japanese, we'll just have to assume that.

3. She had funding...plot funding.
Old 2011-12-14, 04:02   Link #12884
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Okay, back to discussion of fanon/canon!
Yippie

Quote:
1. Does IS academy have the right to the student more than their home country?
Dunno, but canon implies that the countries still had some influence on I.S.A., just somewhat limited (to what extent is unknown).

Quote:
2. I heard that Tatenashi and Kanzashi are half-Japanese. Think this is true?
Her facial feature SOMEHOW makes me think of Chinese than Japanese, personally I think it could be true, there's still no official claim so I cannot be sure.

Quote:
3. How do you think Tabane made the IS weapons and gear when she had no funding?
If she had secret lab, there's no need, especially if all of them is perfectly arranged and automated.

1. energy? Fusion reactor, water is everywhere, and 1/6400 water molecule contains deuterium. Something more advanced is possible, this is Tabane we're talking about.
2. Material? Converter unit, she can summon giant missile launcher out of her 455, why not converting garbages/ raw materials for her needs?
3. Information? Well, nuff said, it's TABANE.

Note that she work by herself plus the help of machines, and she successfully avert "Crapshoot AI" trope as far as we knew (unless she did it intentionally).
Old 2011-12-14, 04:04   Link #12885
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: I feel like I have to apologize for overloading you with plotlines. Sorry

It's not impossible for Tabane to start up from scratch again. It would be child's play for her to gather resources considering her various amounts of skill in digital duplicity and capacity to build with scraps.

EDIT: (Correct me if I'm wrong)The Sarashikis being half-russian half-japanese would make sense though since from what I gather of the random stuff I hear, Tatenashi is russian representative while Kanzashi is current Japanese representative. Plus I believe some sources say it was an off-hand comment by Tatenashi or something that she was half-Japanese.

Some people feel indebted to their motherland/country. Even if they hate their country and no longer are bound to them. Some are patriotic but I think most just regard their country as home.
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 04:05   Link #12886
Eratas123

1. So what if Cecilia does something the UK disagrees with? They can't do jack about it?

2. TVtropes seems to list her as half, but here's another problem: No one comments on some of the casts other physical appearances. Laura's is the exception since people frequently comment on her silver hair, but what about the others? Maya has green hair, Tatenashi and Kanzashi have light blue hair and red eyes (This is usually commented on) and both Dan and Ran have Dark red tea colored hair yet no one comments. What the hell?

3. Not to mention the fact that she had to have done this at 14 years old>_>
Old 2011-12-14, 04:08   Link #12887
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

1. They can, because they own her IS, but they can't wrestle her out of there.

2. Do they have to comment on it? (I wouldn't.)

3. That's not too unbelievable.
Old 2011-12-14, 04:13   Link #12888
demino_hellsin
That one guy

1. agree with detective.

2. agree with detective.(prolly keep it in mind and laugh about it if I think it's hilarious. After a few shots of brandy that is.)

3. Considering she built the IS at that age. I agree with detective.
Old 2011-12-14, 04:14   Link #12889
Eratas123

@ Senpai and Demi -

1. Then why don't they do that to Charlotte? Just grab the Rafael Revive from her.

2. I thought she was half russian too. Also, she looks like a westerner based on her skin. Not being racist here, just saying she looks almost as pale as Laura. Also, I'm asking because Ichika comments on Maya's name, but not her green hair?

3. Her family runs a Dojo! Where the hell did she get enough cash to fund herself?
Old 2011-12-14, 04:19   Link #12890
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era:
1. As long as she's in ISA they can't touch her. The second she's in French air space, please expect a warm welcome filled with much much fireworks

2. It's anime. Your Mileage May Vary on the normalcy

3. You'll be surprised what some people can do with a little cash, a military scrapyard and a lot of ingenuity and tools. I believe Tabane has a lot of the 3rd and knows exactly where to find the 2nd. Plus she built the IS, she's got to be funded from before and I doubt she used it up. She prolly moved those funds before they could be frozen or something. That or, as I said, digital duplicity. Sample is Laura: She has 20 million euros in the bank... from her job as a soldier!
Old 2011-12-14, 04:19   Link #12891
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
1. Then why don't they do that to Charlotte? Just grab the Rafael Revive from her.
Plot hole because author left it unresolved, case closed.

EDIT: @Demi French doesn't know, it was Dunois corporation who's lying.

Quote:
2. I thought she was half russian too. Also, she looks like a westerner based on her skin. Not being racist here, just saying she looks almost as pale as Laura. Also, I'm asking because Ichika comments on Maya's name, but not her green hair?
Does Tatenashi EVER mentioned of having blue hair (and red eyes?). Maya likely a case of Adaptation Dye Job because her hair never been commented upon.

Ichika also has black hair, not dark blue (and in anime his eyes are blood red, something that usually commented upon, in Novel Ichika has brown eyes). Dan and Ran not so much, since they're having red hair even in novel illustration.

Quote:
3. Her family runs a Dojo! Where the hell did she get enough cash to fund herself?
Oh, another plot hole.... hence why Sacred Twins use morally ambigous organization as background
Old 2011-12-14, 04:25   Link #12892
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

re: Schwarzehase space marines - fanon retcon possible here, but Celeste explains that all 1000 Schwarzehase girls were artificially fertlized from male and female progenitors, grafted on to cybernetic cores then growth accelerated. As such, each and every one of them are only roughly 10 years old. But the growth acceleration process is flawed so errors began surfacing when they were 6 years old biologically and the process had to be stopped prematurely. So for the last 8-9 years they've growing like a normal person excet for the periodic grafts and upgrades they receive.

While most of the flaws have been corrected, some effects remain. Like for example, Celeste has poor eotional expression, Clarissa is a hardcore pervert, and Laura an unstable grunt, unlike the honorable chapter meister Bodewig she was created from.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 04:28   Link #12893
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: they know something is wrong with Dunois if a 15 year old could bypass the company's tests and successfully lie through everything about their gender.
Old 2011-12-14, 04:28   Link #12894
Eratas123

@ Senpai and Demi -

1. But the unit belongs to the country, not her! Even if they can't grab her, why don't they make any attempt to get the unit?

2. Tatenashi and Kanzashi have Blue hair and Red eyes as shown in the illustration so that's not a dye job. Also, I'm asking about the Gotonda's hair since red hair is usually perceived by people to be dyed so they think you're a delinquent. I can't believe people just ignore it like it's not a unique hair color.

3. This also means Chifuyu had to have stopped those missiles while she was 14-16>_> To add to that, she also looks like she's hitting 20 in the White Knight flashback to boot.

Side note - Male Fanon Characters tend to be Japanese as well.

1. Yoshi - Japanese.

2. Inami - Japanese.

3. Kyuukai - Japanese.

4. Octans - Japanese

5. Rong - Chinese

6. Maximillian - Eurasian.

7. Irish - Unknown. Presumed Albino.

8. Various male IS pilots - Japanese.

How come female fanon characters tend to be more varied in this aspect?\

@ Meistah - Celeste seems the worst, honestly. Laura being unstable was due to the VT system and Clarissa was due to reading Shoujo Manga. They weren't born with their flaws.
Old 2011-12-14, 04:31   Link #12895
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lawl, dunno.... maybe because I.S.A. while technically neutral is located on Japan. It's a matter of convenience.

EDIT: Note that Ren in crossover is Australian-born Chinese descendant that also half-Japanese. So this still apply
Old 2011-12-14, 04:38   Link #12896
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Once again, Ren is Japanese I'm surprised there aren't any westerner OC's (Apart from Jak's)
Old 2011-12-14, 04:40   Link #12897
demino_hellsin
That one guy

1. If I were in charge of France, I would not be willing to break international laws for a machine which isn't even on the same level as every other country's. Think about it era-era, unless that Rafael can take down over 50+ countries then I wouldn't bother.

2. Red hair isn't very uncommon, just ask the soulless folk(I'm kidding!). But the blue hair is kind of funky... Again, I blame the fact it's anime and the fact that IS is basically, as you guys have reminded me many times, being shipped off as harem series meaning exotic hair and eyes = fetish fuel.

3. Same case with Tabane. Chifuyu is the pilot equivalent of the genius inventor who made the IS. I even had this weird idea once that they were actually originally one being and had to split from the sheer brokenness they exuded.

on your sidenote. This is a harem series, multi-national conquest-ho!(capture the flag, in more ways than one )

Most fanon OC's in any anime fanon are Japanese because it feels awkward to most OC writers to use a non-Japanese background. For one, they are so used to hearing stuff like "Ichika", "Uryu", "Setsuna", which are all acceptably awesome sounding names that they find names of their own country much more... mundane. This applies mostly to English names like "John", "Joe", "Alan". There's also the fact that a non-Japanese background makes it seem awkward with the question "Why are they even in Japan?"

EDIT: I forgot to mention. If you realize it, some random hair colors are actually for the sake of making the character stand out more. It's just standard procedure not to talk about those very random colors and the reason why they are the color they are when it comes to fiction.
Old 2011-12-14, 04:45   Link #12898
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Doesn't stop Joshua O'Brien from collecting multinational harem that includes Chifuyu in it... but his real name is Yoshio Orimura
Old 2011-12-14, 04:49   Link #12899
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

1. It would be unsightly, no?

2. Hair color is the last thing I'd find weird in a world ruled by women with super-suits...especially the part about women.

3. I find it hard to believe nobody would be interested in funding something like the IS.
Old 2011-12-14, 04:50   Link #12900
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Yes Celeste got most of her indoctrination and physical modification intact and lost her emotions. However, emotions are something a soldier can live without. On the other hand, the indoctrination process had been undone in Clarissa completely thus opening her mind to outside influences. Laura lost around half of the indoctrination, which is why she could become filled with blind rage eventually break down, unable to control VT.

I'm reinterpreting them as what supersoldiers are supposed to be, and they have gone horribly wrong on many levels. Their founders have noted this, but instead of terminating the experiment, they let them live. Exploring why they did that is what Black Rabbit covers more in detail. And it shows that even the founding soldiers have a heart.

This also explains how a supersoldier turned into an idol.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest