AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-14, 22:05   Link #13021
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Rito's in the army? I'm assuming all the other parents know of their childrens involvement? It wouldn't be good if they hid that.
Rito and his father are in the JSDF Army, Kotegawa-papa and Yui is in JSDF Air force, oddly, Yuu himself serves in the Army than following his father (and serves under Rito's father).

Haruna is once again expected to take her sister position as Canadian I.S. Rep (so Haruna IS a Cadet Representative, though she don't go to I.S. academy due to A.S.D.F. related business).

Rin is a Ninja Maid serving Tenjouin family, so there's not much problem, considering Tenjouin is one of A.S.D.F. sponsor.

In other words: all the five are related to violence and military stuff to various degree.

Quote:
What, like Ichika recitong pi in his head? Anyway, he might not even realize what the feeling is. In real life, child soldiers often fall in love and fail to realize what's happening. I guess his reactions not gonna be pretty if they kiss in that state

Quote:
Side note - Laura's arc has been getting too long and Toby860 even suggested I separate it to to its own fic altogether. I'm worried since I'm not sure if its good enough to be its own fic. What do you think? I might even separate everyone's life arc into separate fics and leave the one chapter daydreams in.
Lol, why not? You don't need to force yourself to stop, if you think you can write, write it, no matter how long... all the readers seems to like it too!
Old 2011-12-14, 22:10   Link #13022
Eratas123

@ Senpai - What about the others? Are only the 5 of them in the army?

How do you think a traditional family sees romance? The Sarashiki Head (Tatenashi's Mom) is a traditional person (Big Japanese house being the biggest example) so she might not grasp romance the same way. Need some rom-com ideas when Irish and Tatenashi stay in the house.

Side note - I guess I'll see what happens. Honestly, Laura's arc doesn't seem good enough to get its own fic, not when there are better fics out there.
Old 2011-12-14, 22:17   Link #13023
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - What about the others? Are only the 5 of them in the army?
Technically, only three of them are in the military, seeing as Sairenji sisters, Ren and Lala are civilian volunteer of some sort (being I.S. Cadet Rep), but all of them are sanctioned by their parents and countries.

Laura or Celeste might join later depend on the development of the story, still I need a good reason for German to join.

EDIT: @Meister Can you share a little crack please?

Quote:
How do you think a traditional family sees romance? The Sarashiki Head (Tatenashi's Mom) is a traditional person (Big Japanese house being the biggest example) so she might not grasp romance the same way. Need some rom-com ideas when Irish and Tatenashi stay in the house.
Fun stuff: Traditional Japanese concept of love is.... rape. Yes, Yamato nadeshiko is NOT expected to shown her enjoyment of sexual related stuff, and have to act as IF she's raped (even if the act of sex itself SHOULD be consensual).

Considering the introduction of I.S. flipped the table, there's good chance this might be flipped...

Quote:
Side note - I guess I'll see what happens. Honestly, Laura's arc doesn't seem good enough to get its own fic, not when there are better fics out there.
If you say so
Old 2011-12-14, 22:24   Link #13024
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Why not? IS is an international school and I can see them putting Celeste on loan to them since the Yuuki family is pretty close to them.

.......Are you serious? Why the hell does the woman have to act like she's been raped!? That just makes it look like the dude's a criminal! Christ, the gender inversion just makes things worse I can just see the horrors of her Mother forcing her to act like a "Proper woman of the times"....then tying up Irish while he's sleeping.

Side note - Guess I'll see what happens
Old 2011-12-14, 22:30   Link #13025
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Why not? IS is an international school and I can see them putting Celeste on loan to them since the Yuuki family is pretty close to them.
Possibly this, need to cement it more then. Thank you.

Meister, any ideas?

Quote:
.......Are you serious? Why the hell does the woman have to act like she's been raped!? That just makes it look like the dude's a criminal! Christ, the gender inversion just makes things worse I can just see the horrors of her Mother forcing her to act like a "Proper woman of the times"....then tying up Irish while he's sleeping.
I said TRADITIONAL concept, meaning it's outdated by at least 300 years. Titular character from Tales of Genji is not a serial rapist, but a skillful lover.

There's no need to that other length, since Shadow is serious even if it comes to romance.

Fabulous!Stratos on the other hand played it for laughs, since Houki practically ASKED to be raped (being uber traditional Yamato Nadeshiko)... but only to Ichika, who is a camp gentleman and won't do such vile things such as "Rape roleplay". .
Old 2011-12-14, 22:36   Link #13026
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Glad I could help.

Then I guess there's no problem for me I doubt her Mother can be that traditional when it comes to romance. Romance in Shadow isn't very serious 9/10 times its just plain rom-com and joke material. It only gets serious when they acknowledge each others problems.

Another question: How should I have Tatenashi act in front of her parents? Same as usual or more subdued? I'm not really sure here.
Old 2011-12-14, 22:37   Link #13027
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Then I guess there's no problem for me I doubt her Mother can be that traditional when it comes to romance. Romance in Shadow isn't very serious 9/10 times its just plain rom-com and joke material. It only gets serious when they acknowledge each others problems.

Quote:
Another question: How should I have Tatenashi act in front of her parents? Same as usual or more subdued? I'm not really sure here.
More subdued in front of mother, but all hell break loose when she's with her father alone.
Old 2011-12-14, 22:40   Link #13028
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Sorry Zero havent been following your conversation closely. Do you need help in getting Germany to join the antixenos war?

Quote:
@Meistah - Meh, nothing much going on either for me.

1. Honestly,though. How do you plan to put IKaron with overprotective Riselle and Celeste there? I'm kind of expecting Irish to get jumped when he's sleeping

2. Do the girls parents really have no problem with them being idols/mission takers? Riselle and Tsubomi I get, but Karon and Erika? They'd probably get more reactions from their parents.

3. How do all the girls meet each other first? Via joining the idol group or before that?
1. It takes a long time, but as Karon changes him, so do the other 2 slowly come towards beng neutral to him. But they know they cant stop Karon from trying to help him, so in the mean time they keep watch. Also, I have Irish be one of the forces that gets Karon out of her rut when Louise betrays the team. In his own brutal way, but that works as well. :3

2. Karon's parents support her rock star path in life. And Kazari Weber doesn't stop her daughter either. Nice Parents trope to the max.

3. The christmas before 1st year. i'm writin about it now.
Old 2011-12-14, 22:45   Link #13029
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Meister

It's okay, Eras helped me to find it. And yes, if anything, German is even more crazy prepared for all their recklessness... rather than using Armor Stratos, they have a bucketload of supersoldier. Don't see why they can't lend Laura and Celeste especially that they're close enough.

EDIT: I mean they can work when they left I.S.A., such as Saturday and Sunday.
Old 2011-12-14, 22:49   Link #13030
Eratas123

@ Senpai - What do you mean all hell breaks loose? I wanna write a scene and I need specifics

@ Meistah -

1. He'd probably tell her to just stop whining and move on. The one she's fighting isn't Louise, but a traitor. If she can find a way to stop fighting then her friend is returned to her. Something like that.

2. What about the mission taking? You have to remember that fighting Dunoa is dangerous since they're using IS for combat and they were designated as sports machines. Add to the fact that they were fighting on international ground and everything.

3. They all met before going to school? Even Celeste and Erika?
Old 2011-12-14, 22:51   Link #13031
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - What do you mean all hell breaks loose? I wanna write a scene and I need specifics
Where do you think Tatenahsi get the knowledge about how to toy with men's heart?

Quote:
1. He'd probably tell her to just stop whining and move on. The one she's fighting isn't Louise, but a traitor. If she can find a way to stop fighting then her friend is returned to her. Something like that.
Louise is a mole... before Karon befriend her.
Old 2011-12-14, 22:52   Link #13032
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I'm back!

Anyway, the daydreams thing, each of the plots for the life arcs are good for multiple short fics ranging from 3-4 chapters. They're not true daydreams, so it might be a good idea to separate them.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 22:57   Link #13033
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Oh lordIrish is gonna have nightmares when staying with these two. Who do you think he should room with while in the house? Tatenashi or her Dad?

@ Rain - Do they look like they're good enough to be their own fics?
Old 2011-12-14, 23:00   Link #13034
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: They're good enough, and they have enough content to be their own fics.

Heck, they could spawn alternate continuities that create such varied alternate realities, that each one could be a hit fic if well written.

We could each pick a character and write off an AU fic that has Ichika and whatever girl, or you could do it since you have picks over all the different AUs since you made most of them.
Old 2011-12-14, 23:00   Link #13035
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Oh lordIrish is gonna have nightmares when staying with these two. Who do you think he should room with while in the house? Tatenashi or her Dad?
Sarashiki-papa of course, he'll try to Teach him way of Casanova, which Irish, for all intent and purpose, cannot grasp, and Sarashiki-mama will prevent the poor guy from being corrupted... so much hilarity can be inserted from that stuff alone.
Old 2011-12-14, 23:05   Link #13036
Eratas123

@ Rain - I'll try with Kanzashi's life arc Anwyay, how do you think Tatenashi's organization is run?

@ Senpai - He'd probably ask Irish how he views Tatenashi first and he'll be shipper on deck once Irish says he trusts her. I can so see him dragging Irish around town and show him how to pick up girls by example........then Kaa-san appears right behind him
Old 2011-12-14, 23:06   Link #13037
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Eras

Agreed. Anyway, you'll write ALL of the life arc?
Old 2011-12-14, 23:07   Link #13038
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

*Reading Daydream...*

Err.... I think I know why people say that make Laura's section a separate story rather than one of the Daydream.....

IT IS NOT A DAYDREAM!

Edit: I have been tricked! Time to jump the bus!
Old 2011-12-14, 23:07   Link #13039
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I believe it's run by her family at it's head, and runs much like a feudal organization, with the main family at the top of the hieararchy and everyone else trailing behind in varying levels.

Otherwise if that doesn't work, I think it's run like most secret sectors of intelligence agencies.
Old 2011-12-14, 23:11   Link #13040
Eratas123

@ Treme and Senpai - I already have one for Kanzashi Honestly, I never thought Daydreams would get this far. It was just an experiment to improve my romance writing. Now it's my most viewed fic Seriously, Laura's arc has spiraled out of control.

@ Rain - Planning awkward moments between the family and meeting Irish. Any suggestions?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest