AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-17, 21:39   Link #13421
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Does I.S academy forbid pets?
Old 2011-12-17, 21:49   Link #13422
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Does I.S academy forbid pets?
If it did, Freya's going to have a problem... A whole zoo of a problem...

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:57   Link #13423
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Who's Freya?
Old 2011-12-17, 22:57   Link #13424
Guido

Big Stratos in Little China

I have ideas, but I'm very determined to write a crossover fanfic featuring Infinite Stratos with Big Trouble in Little China.

I haven't written anything yet, but this is my basic premise:

LoPan's henchmen, the Wing Kong, in search for a Chinese girl with green-eyes kidnap Rin seeing as she's the "One" that'll make happy their leader to marry, therefore, breaking his curse of no flesh.

It'll be a battle between the latest, vanguard, and most revolutionary technology of the 21st century, personified in the I.S., versus the darkest arts of ancient Chinese Black Magic, though I can only hope to execute it well.

The general story for my crossover already laids down that Egg-Shen (the friendly sorceror played by the late Victor Wong in Carpenter's film) is actually a relative to Rin's, though still I'm uncertain as to cast him in the story as either an excentric grand-uncle or as her great-grandfather for the moment.

As well, this story will delve more deeply into Rin having personal issues with her family's secret heritage: her ancestors were Chinese mystics.
In this story of mine, Rin's both skeptical and doesn't bode well with her believing in such concepts as magic and sorcerers. She's kind of embarrased trying to cope that those things are real out there, and most of the time when one approaches the subject to her Rin would generally dismiss them as extravagances that are best left put inside the closet.

Besides cooking, Rin has a deep love for all that's Chinese martial arts, particularly Kung-fu and wushu and enjoys Wuxia action-films. Preferences that Ichika might have already knew about her during their childhood days.
However, when it comes to the subject of ancient magic Rin will do everything to keep it shut and changing the subject in order to save face, specially if Ichika is around.

So, for Rin fans out there this future crossover-fanfic of mine will be featuring Rin as the main girl character and love interest to Ichika, which he most brave himself along with Egg-Shen and the Chang Shing in a bid to invade LoPan's underworld stronghold to rescue Rin.

BTW, I do intend that in my fanfic Cecilia, Charlotte, and Laura give battle to each one of the three storms (Thunder, Rain, and Lightning) in separate matches; doing so for me will prove interesting and, above all, comically.

Moreover, I'm explaining Houki's absence during the events of the story as she had to leave to visit her mother due a long absence of not seeing her family after enrolling to IS Academy. Hence, Houki won't be available for the war against the forces of mystical darkness and remain oblivious as to what happened when she returns back to school.
(Houki fans out there probably will Not be very happy reading this, as Houki herself would fear that anyone of the girls, particularly Rin, would attempt to make a headstart for Ichika while she's away)

It could turn out interesting if Egg-Shen teaches Ichika about the concept of ki, and Ichika training spiritually to summon his "ki" in order to power-up his I.S.

As well, as Ichika going through LoPan's numerous hells of Chinese mythology with some black-comedy humorous results.

Anyone out there that wants to give me feedback for this story will be welcomed.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 23:00   Link #13425
Eratas123

Never watched Big Trouble in Little Chine so I can't be much help, sorry. Maybe some of the others can help you.
Old 2011-12-17, 23:10   Link #13426
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I have ideas, but I'm very determined to write a crossover fanfic featuring Infinite Stratos with Big Trouble in Little China.
Suddenly, I have this very nice custom IS and operator idea that involves kekkai of all things. i have already integrated Nanohaverse magic into some IS/Operators so i need another avenue

Maybe as a side ally to Rin or even an enemy-turned-ally.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 23:37   Link #13427
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

Free time, and if anyone reads this, I'm available for anything.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 23:42   Link #13428
Masuzu
« ヒーロー »
*Author

Lingyin as the main girl? Sign me up for this.
Old 2011-12-18, 00:00   Link #13429
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Rin + kung-fu...this is relevant to my interests.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 00:48   Link #13430
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Rin + kung-fu...this is relevant to my interests.
That is one of the outlined themes I want to make prominent in the fights for the crossover fanfic.

Weapons of Mass Destruction vs magically "ki"-enhanced martial arts, though I'm not sure if it's advisable to bring it into DBZ levels.

The IS characters having nothing to rely but only their I.S. for their sophisticated weapon system and tracking devices, however, once they come in contact with soft spots where the current of "ki"-magic flows the strongest the I.S. might suffer unsual or supernatural malfunctioning in its functionality.

On the other hand, Egg-Shen and the Chang Sing rely exclusively in ancient sorcery and magical martial arts, which include kung-fu and wuxia among their repertoire. The same holds true for LoPan, the three Storms, and the Wing Kong.
The power of super-modern technology that the IS represents means nothing to the bad guys, as if it's not reflected in their eyes. While the Chinese good warriors simply make no attempts to try to understand super-modern technology, because they only believe in the mystical forces of balance that flow from within the "ki".

Definitely, the only IS characters that'll be über-improved from receiving magical-"ki" spiritual training, in order to power-up their IS, will be only Ichika and Rin.
This is because in the IS anime it is explained that Ichika and Rin's respective I.S. are suitable for close-quarters combat.
Hence, I'm trying to envision how they can perform very realistic kung-fu and wuxia techniques while mounted on their I.S. Though I'm not forgetting either that Houki's I.S. is also a close-quarters combat type, but as I had already told
in my previous post, she won't appear because she'll leave to visit her family and will return after the final fight against LoPan has been settled; sorry for Houki fans out there.

As for Ichika's other three brides, I do definitely want to pair them to fight against LoPan's Big Three, the storms. The catch is that just because they operate IS that doesn't mean in anyway that they'll score one-shot victories against the storms, and neither any of them will have an easy fight against LoPans' students.
Remember the Storms are sorcerers having centuries or maybe millenia of magic and martial-arts combat experience and expertise, so I do not think in anyway that a display of the IS most destructive capabilities at its full potential would make them even flinch at the sight of it, lest alone to LoPan, the man himself.

Cecilia in her IS aims her big-cannon, sniper shotgun at Thunder. Thunder realizes his enemy's move unconcerned, so he teleports out of the blue next to Cecilia's range and hovering in mid-air without IS support, much to the girl's skepticism and shock. With a swift motion of his right-hand, the time it takes for the human eye to blink, Thunder disarms Cecilia off her weapon, and before Cecilia has time to react Thunder, using his left-hand, punches the shotgun destroying it completely in an instant. Cecilia's mind is unable to make what happened right before her eyes, but what she's sure of is that fear has crawled upon every inch of her body.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 01:06   Link #13431
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was wondering when someone would crossover the magical and paranormal with IS(not counting the ISper stuff I read bits of on the thread).

I don't advise integrating ki too heavily with the IS though
Old 2011-12-18, 01:18   Link #13432
Eratas123

I just got Skyrim! Expect fic updates to be more sporadic now

@ Demi - Think I should make it a full blown love triangle between Tatenashi, Ichika, and Chifuyu?
Old 2011-12-18, 01:28   Link #13433
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In the end, yes.

At the start though, make it somewhat dubious whether Chifuyu is going incest or not. People will see it coming but like I said before, it's more interesting that way no?
Old 2011-12-18, 01:30   Link #13434
Eratas123

@ Demi - Pick Tatenashi at the end or Harem ending?
Old 2011-12-18, 01:31   Link #13435
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Hope you enjoy the game as much as I do.
Old 2011-12-18, 01:37   Link #13436
Eratas123

@ Rain - Oh, I will.....till I reach 8 mb Anyway, I'm making a story for Tatenashi, ichika, and Chifuyu now. It was supposed to be Tatenashi's life arc, but I made it separate.
Old 2011-12-18, 01:38   Link #13437
demino_hellsin
That one guy

>.< hard decision era-era. Extremely hard. Kuudere vs the tease. GAH!

In the end I think it should all boil down to chemistry. Who seems to fit more... Honestly I can't tell O.o

EDIT: Harem end = every man's dream???
Old 2011-12-18, 01:40   Link #13438
Eratas123

@ How about making it ambigous? Ichika supposedly picks Tatenashi at the end and Chifuyu slumps down in defeat. Then Tatenashi whispers in Chifuyu's ear that she doesn't mind sharing
Old 2011-12-18, 01:42   Link #13439
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Ambigous ending is ambigous.

Which is common place ending for most harem series, and it's probably going to be the ending for Infinite Stratos canon.

Now I have a pounding headache, probably from staying up too late last night partying with a certain girl at her house. Came home at two. Damn.

There goes my dignity. And my shame.
Old 2011-12-18, 01:42   Link #13440
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: *clap clap clap* the future I see is very bright and beautiful.

EDIT: That's not ambiguous. That's harem )

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest