AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-09-18, 21:50   Link #1361
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Blitz1/2- An OC pilot is okay as long as they aren't male or mary sues. There is one fic like that on the archive but it bombed since the lead character was a GINORMOUS mary sue.

Planning to use one of the OC's from this thread ( Artificial human girl who believes the greatest pleasure of life is pain) as Kyuukai's yandere if i push through with it.
*Hint* Flan*** Scar*** *hint* as oc pilot. xD. Not really a crossover but a character heavily resembling it.

@Eratas: Which one are you talking about? Since there are several OC fics which I can think of that fit that criteria.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 21:56   Link #1362
DarkJak2050

Quote:
@ Blitz1/2- An OC pilot is okay as long as they aren't male or mary sues. There is one fic like that on the archive but it bombed since the lead character was a GINORMOUS mary sue.

Planning to use one of the OC's from this thread ( Artificial human girl who believes the greatest pleasure of life is pain) as Kyuukai's yandere if i push through with it.
Yandere? Uh-oh...

Whenever I hear that word, I just want to turn around and run my ass away!!

Alright, I got another question. Have you guys ever thought of "Background Music" for your Fanfics whenever you write them or reading others? I have for my Fanfic in mind, and here's some of them:

Track 1
Track 2
Track 3

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-09-18 at 22:10.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 23:47   Link #1363
Eratas123

@Blitz1/2- She's on the list that MeisterBabylon posted on the previous page. Her profile summary says she was born on a ship and that she's an artificial human being.

Plan to have Kyuukai save her from being killed (either by Irish or by somebody else) and she feels grateful. Unfortunately, she believes that pleasure and pain are the same thing so she wants to give "pleasure" to Kyuukai for saving her. Her alignment lists her as Lawful Neutral but she turns lawful evil when angered since she tortures and maims opponents while making sure they cant die

EDIT- Her name is Talia L. Curious

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-09-19 at 03:23.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 04:49   Link #1364
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Did someone say yandere?

When I'm done with my Hidan no Aria fic,
you can expect to regret mentioning that word.

WHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE~!!!!!
Old 2011-09-19, 05:02   Link #1365
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Siigh... The crack episodes completely bled my grimdarkness out of me! Dx

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 05:12   Link #1366
Eratas123

@Detective-san- I need a new yandere since Rin won't be that psychotic in the fic, good thing MeisterBabylon gave me that OC list )

@MeisterBabylon- NOOOOO! YOU CANCELED THE GRIMDARK FIC!? LET THE DARKNESS BACK INTO YOUR SOUL AND DESTROY THE CRACKINESS WITHIN YOU!

side note- Thanks for the OC list, could add some of them later for some jokes.
Old 2011-09-19, 05:14   Link #1367
DarkJak2050

I guess no body has Background Music in mind, oh well.
Old 2011-09-19, 05:21   Link #1368
Eratas123

@Darkjak-Actually I think of the song requiem for a dream, bring me to life by evanescence, and in the end by linkin park. Kinda like emo songs but I like em and they help me in writing.
Old 2011-09-19, 05:22   Link #1369
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Yandere? Oh boy...xD

I am still considering if I should make an oc story just for crack. (No, it's not a male oc pilot)
Quote:

I have two OC male pilot, except instead of Gary Stu, we have a 3 year old toddler (No, really, Blitz knew about it) and terminally-ill Yankee with heart of gold. Both of them, without IS, might as well moving background, very helpless.

With Ichika and Char, there will be four male IS pilot, and one of them is inactive (the toddler).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
*Hint* Flan*** Scar*** *hint* as oc pilot. xD. Not really a crossover but a character heavily resembling it.

@Eratas: Which one are you talking about? Since there are several OC fics which I can think of that fit that criteria.

I have no freaking idea about this, next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Siigh... The crack episodes completely bled my grimdarkness out of me! Dx
There goes our dream of having IIchika and Warhammer 40000

EDIT: As for Background music....

I always set it to [Monochrome L'Apprivoise version -Haruka Tomatsu-] while writing Ichika's battle (including now, while writing chapter 7). As for Twincest and the (serious) harem scene, [Your Guardian Angel -Red Jumpsuit Apparatus] is my choice.

But first song that came into my mind every-time I turned on my computer is...

[MASSIVE DREAMER -Nana Mizuki]
Old 2011-09-19, 05:28   Link #1370
Eratas123

Quote:
I have two OC male pilot, except instead of Gary Stu, we have a 3 year old toddler (No, really, Blitz knew about it) and terminally-ill Yankee with heart of gold. Both of them, without IS, might as well moving background, very helpless.

With Ichika and Char, there will be four male IS pilot, and one of them is inactive (the toddler).
How exactly did they test the baby and find out he was a pilot? (They'd had to have strapped him down on a chassis while he was probably crying) that's kinda accidental nightmare fuel. Does the Hicks terminal illness have any relation to his piloting ability?
Old 2011-09-19, 05:28   Link #1371
DarkJak2050

Quote:
@Darkjak-Actually I think of the song requiem for a dream, bring me to life by evanescence, and in the end by linkin park. Kinda like emo songs but I like em and they help me in writing.
Yeah, but check out the ones that I had in mind for my Fanfic. That's only some of them.
Old 2011-09-19, 05:33   Link #1372
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
@MeisterBabylon- NOOOOO! YOU CANCELED THE GRIMDARK FIC!? LET THE DARKNESS BACK INTO YOUR SOUL AND DESTROY THE CRACKINESS WITHIN YOU!

side note- Thanks for the OC list, could add some of them later for some jokes.

It certainly isn't cancelled, just that as I went along I realized that I didn't know where to take it.

Also, the class is also Lingyin's class, so she's the hapless Class Rep in charge of an entire class of people who in one way or another owns an MPIS, among which five (now with Mika is six) are ISpers. And yes, Rin is yandere-lite; Talia definitely does it a lot better.

Mirai Nikki shall be the inspiration for all yanderes hence forth...!!

Meanwhile, I need to focus on Veronique L'Bridget a bit more. She's the token detective character I usually include in the fics I write (and the medium of dark broodiness). But there's just too many things I want to do with 'Kratos', so I'm rather distracted. If I can whittle down my thoughts, that can get me somewhere.

But I do know what that OC is. She has her own Personal Core given to her by a woman named Shrew, and she uses it after dark to persecute those she judges to be evil under the pseudonym Kratos. As expected, a lot of characters are caught in the collateral, but that's grimdark for you. Just lacking an idea of her place in the overall scheme of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I guess no body has Background Music in mind, oh well.
I think Imay have missed your post?

Old 2011-09-19, 05:34   Link #1373
Eratas123

@Darkjak- All of them are from gears of war. I'm guessing gears of war is gonna be a major inspiration for your fic later.
Old 2011-09-19, 05:35   Link #1374
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
How exactly did they test the baby and find out he was a pilot? (They'd had to have strapped him down on a chassis while he was probably crying) that's kinda accidental nightmare fuel. Does the Hicks terminal illness have any relation to his piloting ability?
The toddler was created specifically with IS piloting capability in mind, Tabane saved him during a raid on random evil scientist' lab and gave him to Chifuyu to took care off.

The ex-Yankee's treatment (using special high grade nanomachines) allow him to live normally and 'accidentally' using IS (although with measly C-rank compatibility), but every-time he finished using an IS more than 10 minutes, his condition will become frail and weak, as well as showing withdrawal symptoms (the illness as well as the nanomachine theraphy is applied to his nerve system). Under 10 minutes, all he got is some level of tiredness. (planned to pair him with either Ling or Houki)
Old 2011-09-19, 06:10   Link #1375
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Final parts of the Linyin story arc. Enjoy.
(Drops dead of exhaustion)
Quote:
I was screaming my head off when my feet finally hit the ground, lord knows where in the middle of the sandy desert outback. Flat firm ground, I was thankful for. Even moreso that I could see a small lake nearby and realized she could have dropped me in there, that Linyin!

"--WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?!"

"You don't like flying?" Linyin mischeivously grinned.

"PLANES!" I yelled. "I am okay with flying in PLANES! Large metal cylinders with wings and engines and pretty stewardesses and inflight entertainment and safety regulations and a generally acceptable record of getting its passengers to where they need to go without DROPPNG THEM! NOT being hauled by my armpits for three minutes at supersonic speed! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?!?"

"Crazy old man!" Linyin was laughing her head off. The twin-tailed devil was laughing at me once again! "Seriously, you look hilarious!"

"THAT WAS NOT FUNNY! What if you dropped me into that pool of water? The crocodiles are hungry this time of year, and there aren't enough great white sharks left in the ocean for them to eat!"

"You're thinking aloud VERY loud," she pointedly noted.

"It WOULD be out loud! I am trying very hard not to freak out after being yanked off the ground and taken to lord only knows where--actually, where are we and why the hell did you bring me out here?!"

"Out here, the meteor shower's clearer."

"Eh?" My gaze looked upward and realized the kid was right. What we were watching earlier in the wine valley countryside was but a fraction of the scene above us now. The night was scattering from the rain of light overhead, and there were almost rainbow-like tails as the meteors streaked with impunity over the black canvas sky.

"I wanted to watch a meteor shower with him, just once."

"You wanted to--oh, you mean Orimura Ichika." Slow down. I tend to talk descriptively out loud when I'm under major stress, if nobody's noticed by now.

"If I didn't have to leave..." She seemed to take this wistfully, not really caring who heard it. I let it be, because I didn't know if she meant watching the sky now or if she was talking about some time in her past.

Finally: "I just realized it."

Realized what?

"You came here because you're running away from your past." Linyin continued. "I went there--IS Academy--to get back to it."

"Huh?" Is this kid lecturing me now?

"It's not just Ichika." <Shenlong> straightened as Linyin looked to ths sky. "I wanted those old times back, when I was happy. Everyone was happy."

My brain finally decided to work properly, and I recalled that Linyin's parents had separated years back. Now I was starting to realize that there was more to Linyin than I'd first thought.

"You've lived in Japan before." Statement of fact.

"When I was younger. I don't really like it," she continued. A slight frown followed by a smaller, more modest smile. "But because someone I like lives there, I now think it's a great place."

Hmmm. "Just Ichika? Don't you have other friends there?"

"Well, those other girls--" Her eyes then narrowed theateningly at me. "If you tell them anything--"

"Like hell I will!"

Was that a cautious sort of look on her face? The kind that a jealous woman shows when she's bad-mouthing her rivals to someone else? Is it that kind of relationship she has with everyone who's not Orimura Ichika?

“I'm not going to bad-mouth anybody." came the flat response.

"I never said--was I thinking aloud again?"

"No, it's quite obvious what you're thinking from the look on your face."

Ah crap.

"Really," the twin-tailed devil was pouting as girls do when they doubt your sincerity. "You're not as cool as you think, old man."

"Don't go there, okay?" I was desperately burying my face into the heel of my right palm and it hurt like hell. "So it's just Ichika, then?"

"Not really." Linyin had this oddly pensive look, I swear that it didn't fit the personality of manic little chinese devil that I'd been dealing with earlier. "I wouldn't really call them friends. More like rivals."

"Rivals?"

She said no more from that, so I just let it go. IS pilots tended to be fairly competitive. Not just in IS matches or combat, either.

"You don't regret meeting them, though?"

"Hm?" Linyin seemed to consider that thought for a bit. "No, I don't. Well, I feel like I want to kill Cecilia sometimes..."

So it's bad to kill cutout wallabies but not an annoying pom? Well, I know a few fellow aussies who would agree wholeheartedly, but---!

"But they're not bad people." Linyin was looking upward at the stars and streaks of meteor dust. "I'd rather be alone with Ichika, watching this. But if they were around as well...it might not be so bad."

The sky was darkening now, the meteor shower slowing down to a trickle as the world passed it by. I could see that wistful look on Linyin's face, and could picture the thoughts she had. It was Orimura Ichika she wanted right next to her, watching the start, middle, and end of the light show that just now began winding down.

It was pretty hard, figuring out what to say next.

"The worst thing a kid can do is to act like adult when it's not appropriate." I began, then searched for words as Linyin looked at me, the skyward scenery now dimming to the ordinary pale black of night. "Don't let pride get in the way of happiness. Pride is an adult's regret."

"But pride comes with the job! I'm the representative Candidate--" Linyin began, but stopped. As if she was beginning to see my point.

"You're a kid first. When I was a kid, I swore I'd never do anything I'd regret. Now I regret NOT doing things that I'd regret, because that means I didn't do anything at all," I'm scratching my scalp because it's itchy, not because I'm thinking. "Lots of things, like riding a bike, or falling in love the first time. Or saying sorry even when you know damn well it's not your fault."

More silence from Linyin, I wasn't sure if she was mulling over my words or just silently annoyed, but I continued on.

"Do you talk to Orimura often?"

"Yeah." <Shenlong> was stationary, and it seemed almost like Linyin was a separate entity, completely independent of her IS even though she wore it firmly. "I do."

"Do you talk about each others' feelings?"

"That's private." Her reply was sharp, but did not go beyond that. I had a feeling she would have instantly beheaded me if she was in less mellow a mood.

"I think you should. Or at least, try to talk to each other more honestly. Obviously, there's things you can't fix just by talking about it. But for crikey's sake, TALK. Not just make words to fill up the air, but communicate. Don't make the mistake of assuming he should know what you're thinking. Don't let it get to the stage you'll regret it, Fan Lin Yin. "

Again, my old regrets were reminding me as I imparted this.

"Don't let him tell you he doesn't want to know what you said."

The breath in her voice was caught, as Linyin took in this lesson.

"--I won't."

Silent moonlight was raining on the surface of the water. It isn't what I expected.

In the cold dry night of the desert, I saw the girl standing armored and tall in the quiet, lonely dark. Her machine was silent in its stance, but the maiden's heart within her trembled like the turbulent oceans.

She turned to me with those questioning eyes, a hint of soft gentility clad in her cloak of beautiful steel.

"I wish I had met you sooner," she replied, the girl-woman hiding both her smile and tears under a tone of familiarity.

Looking at her I could only ask myself...how did it come to this?

"...Old man." That mischeivous grin was back on her face.

"Huh." It didn't feel nearly as insulting now.

"One thing," the question posed. Actually honest, for once. "Why did you move here, instead of some other country?"

"This is one of the youngest countries on earth. Even in this age of satellite observation, there's still places here that nobody's ever been to."

I stretched, happily taking in the desert air.

"It's a place where you can feel young again. Out here, we still have places to amaze an old man like me." Turning to Linyin, I gave her my own smirk. "Feel free to bring that idiot here to watch meteor showers anytime."

"That'd be nice," she smiled, then stopped, almost embarrased to admit it: "If only that blockhead could take a hint."

"Talk to him. Spell it out if you have to." All of a sudden, my smirk grew mischeivous as well. "And if that doesn't work, you can always feed him to the crocodiles..."

-------------------------

"They're in love with him?"

Sam's face was as skeptical as someone being sold the Atlantic Ocean. At least he wasn't trying to kill me. And at least I'm not fired yet. But damn, it's gonna take awhile for my life to return to normal.

"From what I gather, yes." Thankfully, the impact cannon test data was captured well--when Linyin nearly blew open the shutter walls at the Automotive centre, the data techs got more than they bargained for. There wasn't a need for <Shenlong> to shoot any paper wallabies, much to Linyin's relief. "I know it sounds ridiculous, but the only reason they're in such a group is because of that. And friendship, as well."

"Friendship," Sam was still skeptical. "Sounds like somthing a cartoon about ponies would talk about. Why the hell do you think this isn't some sort of plot?"

"Because they're kids." I could now confidently say that with a smile. "And they're going to be just fine."

There was a grumpy frazzled harrumph out of Sam, but he seemed to accept it. At least, he wasn't chasing me out of his office threatening to kill me or anything of the sort. In fact, he actually promoted me, somewhat.

From Office All-rounder to administration response. Which basically reads: Same position, same pay, slightly longer lunch break, but longer hours. Well, it's not totally depressing. At last I can use my 45 minute lunch break to think up stories that'll never get published.

What was it said about writers? Oh yeah. Good writers get accolades, bad writers go and get a real job?

Seriously though, Sam's just passed on a new assignment to me: The ASIO is currently undertaking an investigation into an organization called Phantom Task. Apparently it's a terrorist organization of some sort. Don't know much abotu them, but I was getting a bad feeling about it nonetheless.

What the hey. I could handle a temperamental twin-tailed devil of an IS pilot, I can handle this.

Easy.
Old 2011-09-19, 06:11   Link #1376
Eratas123

Quote:
It certainly isn't cancelled, just that as I went along I realized that I didn't know where to take it.

Also, the class is also Lingyin's class, so she's the hapless Class Rep in charge of an entire class of people who in one way or another owns an MPIS, among which five (now with Mika is six) are ISpers. And yes, Rin is yandere-lite; Talia definitely does it a lot better.

Mirai Nikki shall be the inspiration for all yanderes hence forth...!!

Meanwhile, I need to focus on Veronique L'Bridget a bit more. She's the token detective character I usually include in the fics I write (and the medium of dark broodiness). But there's just too many things I want to do with 'Kratos', so I'm rather distracted. If I can whittle down my thoughts, that can get me somewhere.

But I do know what that OC is. She has her own Personal Core given to her by a woman named Shrew, and she uses it after dark to persecute those she judges to be evil under the pseudonym Kratos. As expected, a lot of characters are caught in the collateral, but that's grimdark for you. Just lacking an idea of her place in the overall scheme of things.
That class is chock full of natural enemies for the three males.

Feminists- Ichika (Only male to be able to pilot an IS), Kyuukai (Can fight on par with an IS), Irish (Destroyed numerous IS facilities)

Paparazzi- Kyuukai (Any rumors will be overblown and cause Tabane to go ballistic on him), Ichika (Over attention is dangerous)

Terrorist hater- Irish (Former Terrorist)

Yandere (Artificial Human)- Kyuukai (Earned her "gratitude")

Yaoi fangirl- Ichika (Due to Ho yay with "Charles"), Irish (Due to being mistaken for gay)

Saint like girl (loves trying to solve problems)- Irish (Tries to keep problems hidden.)

BTW- YES! IT'S NOT CANCELLED! YEEEAAAH!
Old 2011-09-19, 06:19   Link #1377
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123
How come? What's Ren like?
- Remember that segment of a girl with knives about to cut someone with a barber's razor?

...that's our darling <Ren>-chan... snikt.

As for bgm music, here's some I like that I think would be ideal for my -next- fic. The one with <Ren> as the main character....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1djIkk7zpHE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvEQX27TLyU

...am a fan of Kajiura Yuki's music. I'm not necessarily a grimdakr type of writer (Well past that phase in life), but I will be puttign a little bit of humor combined with dark seriousness in some of my stories...

Last edited by wavehawk; 2011-09-19 at 06:29.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 06:27   Link #1378
Eratas123

@ Wavehawk- ...Yeah...I can imagine Irish shooting her on sight now that I know who she is.
Also, Thank you! for the awesome Rin fic, very refreshing to see something like that. Post it on fanfic .net, I'm sure you'll get a lot of positive reviews.
Old 2011-09-19, 06:38   Link #1379
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
That class is chock full of natural enemies for the three males.
It is why it is the only class in school who can't be bothered with Ichika. Well, except their class rep.

Quote:
Feminists- Ichika (Only male to be able to pilot an IS), Kyuukai (Can fight on par with an IS), Irish (Destroyed numerous IS facilities)
This alone is the spearhead for the Academy Resistance.

Quote:
Paparazzi- Kyuukai (Any rumors will be overblown and cause Tabane to go ballistic on him)
I never mentioned this before, but in my Celestial Being fic, I implied that Tabane has dealings with all my various plotlines, just under different identities.

Yes, I made her use her brains a lot.

Quote:
Terrorist hater- Irish (Former Terrorist)
If Karon finds out about this, she would be very snarky to this guy until he proves himself.

(Her brother "died" while fighting in Helmajistan, but if Maximillan helps her get over it by the time they meet, it would be just snark and not more lol)

@Ero-jiji Decade:

Niiice. You inspired me enough to reference this arc in my fic, when the Class Rep appears in Chapter 1 of Masked Stratos Fourze.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-09-19 at 06:58.
Old 2011-09-19, 06:39   Link #1380
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Quote:
@ Wavehawk- ...Yeah...I can imagine Irish shooting her on sight now that I know who she is.
- Oh, he can try...

That segment is just a small sample of her personality, though. I'm rewriting segments of the fic to fit better.

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest