AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-25, 03:30   Link #1541
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ~`Afterlife`~
good luck people
__________________
Yachiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 04:03   Link #1542
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Looks like there's gonna be a surge of updates later, hope to read them when they come out.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 04:06   Link #1543
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
Finally got off my lazy ass
now in the process of updating
my fic.

EDIT: (Man, I hate writing action scenes.)
__________________

Last edited by Masuzu; 2011-09-25 at 06:43.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 07:07   Link #1544
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ~`Afterlife`~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Finally got off my lazy ass
now in the process of updating
my fic.

EDIT: (Man, I hate writing action scenes.)
Since it's really hard lolz
__________________
Yachiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 07:13   Link #1545
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Does anybody know if you should write action scenes in past or present tense?

Draft 1- Bracing myself; I stand up and fire my gun at the man in front of me.

Draft 2- I braced myself before I stood up and fired a shot at the man in front of me.

Any idea which one is correct?
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 07:19   Link #1546
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
Depends, if it's a flash-back then yeah, past-tense.

If it's still happening, no, I don't see why you wouldn't use present-tense.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 07:20   Link #1547
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Does anybody know if you should write action scenes in past or present tense?

Draft 1- Bracing myself; I stand up and fire my gun at the man in front of me.

Draft 2- I braced myself before I stood up and fired a shot at the man in front of me.

Any idea which one is correct?
- I like to mess wih both past and present tense, but that's just me. And i tend to be a bit more...uhm...fluffy with words?

I immediately stood with the gun, bracing myself. With a squeeze of the trigger, the man ahead of me fell away--the bullet strikign him soundly in the chest.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 07:27   Link #1548
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
So it's either present tense or a mixture of both? I'm confused since the IS light novels use past tense but then again maybe that's because it's in third person...
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 07:28   Link #1549
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ~`Afterlife`~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Does anybody know if you should write action scenes in past or present tense?

Draft 1- Bracing myself; I stand up and fire my gun at the man in front of me.

Draft 2- I braced myself before I stood up and fired a shot at the man in front of me.

Any idea which one is correct?
Change the I stand up to standing up, then the fire to firing, then it would turn like this.

Bracing myself; standing up and firing my gun at the man in front of me

stand up and fire my gun isn't present tense, since you have Bracing from the beginning of the sentence
__________________
Yachiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 07:32   Link #1550
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachiyo View Post
Change the I stand up to standing up, then the fire to firing, then it would turn like this.

Bracing myself; standing up and firing my gun at the man in front of me

stand up and fire my gun isn't present tense, since you have Bracing from the beginning of the sentence
So is this correct:

I brace myself before I stand up and fire the gun at the man in front of me.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 07:51   Link #1551
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
^ I think that would sound better in past-tense.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 07:55   Link #1552
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I hate writing action scenes, this is what I get for writing in first person.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 08:21   Link #1553
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ~`Afterlife`~
I agree with box, it's better if it's in past tense
__________________
Yachiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:56   Link #1554
falcolobo
The Third Runner
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In my house
I need some opinions of a new ability I plan to replace Iginition Boost with.

Name: (Need some suggestions)
Ability:
By using energy absorbed from an attack, Byakku Shiki moves for a nano-second close to the speed of light. Using Einsteins theory of relativity, this means that time slows down as Byakku Shiki comes close to the speed of light; thus making all movements in this relativity extremely slow.


I'm keeping the Barrier Void attack as it comes with the Yukihira Nigata Type


Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Now I officially love you.
I'm flattered.
__________________
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 16:25   Link #1555
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
How about Ultima Agito? It means ultimate move in latin

Or Optimus Occuro? Best counter in latin.

Sorry, I know they sound stupid
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 17:38   Link #1556
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: America.
Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
So I'm working on a character for an AU but qucik question first: Whats the name of the girl diagnal (with the pigtails) to Yamada in this picture? Also, does she have an official personality?
__________________

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 18:09   Link #1557
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
She doesn't have a canon personality. She shows up from time to time as a girl interested in Ichika but that's about it.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 18:15   Link #1558
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: America.
Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
No official name either then?
__________________

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 18:20   Link #1559
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
No canon name either, just make one up if you want to.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 18:20   Link #1560
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
I need some opinions of a new ability I plan to replace Iginition Boost with.

Name: (Need some suggestions)
Ability:
By using energy absorbed from an attack, Byakku Shiki moves for a nano-second close to the speed of light. Using Einsteins theory of relativity, this means that time slows down as Byakku Shiki comes close to the speed of light; thus making all movements in this relativity extremely slow.


I'm keeping the Barrier Void attack as it comes with the Yukihira Nigata Type
You mean, like Accelerator skill from Cyborg 009? That would be good, but I'm afraid it would broke the power balance too much. Besides, it was stated that even I.S. has their limit in terms of acceleration/ speed as stated by Char here.

Quote:
"Ah, but it's better not to forcefully try to change the trajectory. The air resistance or pressure will cause additional burden on the machine, and in the worst case scenario, may even cause fractures."
So yeah, unless you have something to broke the physic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
So I'm working on a character for an AU but qucik question first: Whats the name of the girl diagnal (with the pigtails) to Yamada in this picture? Also, does she have an official personality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
She doesn't have a canon personality. She shows up from time to time as a girl interested in Ichika but that's about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
No official name either then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
No canon name either, just make one up if you want to.
Her canon nickname is Kanalin, as stated by Nohonhon. So, considering Nohonhon's penchant, her name would be Kana or Kana(something)
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.