AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-09-25, 22:09   Link #1581
DarkJak2050

I appreciate the thought guys, but I'd like to read the light novels. For me I'll get a better understanding of what's going on. And it also doubles as a "source" for Project Silverback in terms of setting and how things are in the IS universe.

Remember my "reaction" after reading Vol. 4 Ch. 2?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 22:40   Link #1582
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I appreciate the thought guys, but I'd like to read the light novels. For me I'll get a better understanding of what's going on. And it also doubles as a "source" for Project Silverback in terms of setting and how things are in the IS universe.

Remember my "reaction" after reading Vol. 4 Ch. 2?
Indeed, that's why I put a long warning in the first chapter. The more reason for the reader to put the novel before fanfic.

Your reaction? you mean like:
SHIT, JUST GOT REAL?!
Old 2011-09-25, 22:49   Link #1583
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

And that is why Tatenashi is my waifu in IS. xD (Badass and a fun character. xD)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 23:11   Link #1584
Eratas123

Can anybody tell me the height of these characters in feet?

Ichika

Dan

Chifuyu

Tabane

Tatenashi

Laura

Houki.

BTW, after reading volume 4 I have a question- Are ALL IS pilots as skilled as Charlotte and Laura (maybe not Laura, Charlotte at least)?

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-09-25 at 23:31.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 23:37   Link #1585
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Can anybody tell me the height of these characters in feet?

Ichika

Dan

Chifuyu

Tabane

Tatenashi

Laura

Houki.

BTW, after reading volume 4 I have a question- Are ALL IS pilots as skilled as Charlotte and Laura (maybe not Laura, Charlotte at least)?
If they're from military or a super soldier of sort, then yes. At least as skilled as Char.
Old 2011-09-25, 23:45   Link #1586
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
If they're from military or a super soldier of sort, then yes. At least as skilled as Char.
Irish is screwed first a yangire stalker now EVERYONE in the academy can kick his ass!? He's pretty much a butt monkey at this point.
Old 2011-09-26, 00:16   Link #1587
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Irish is screwed first a yangire stalker now EVERYONE in the academy can kick his ass!? He's pretty much a butt monkey at this point.
....Irish really has no combat capability of sort???

I mean anyone from military, like Clarissa (Laura's rigth hand). I don't think Nohonhon, Kanalin, or Takatsuki can kick his ass outside I.S.

Snippet in the future (Probably):

Spoiler for maybe:
Old 2011-09-26, 00:18   Link #1588
DarkJak2050

Quote:
I figured much when I was thinking of Chapter 2 of Project Silverback after reading Vol. 4 Ch. 2 in the IS Light Novels.

Anyway, I'm gonna have Ch. 2 take place in (I know this may sound odd), a Video Arcade. Set sometime a week after the events in Chapter 1. The guys of Alpha Squad just finished with their Mid-Term exams and thought that they should blow some steam off by hitting the Arcade. But unfortunately, they have a little run-in with some students from a certain "All-girls" school. Here it is again if you missed it. This also somewhat shows what happened to Ratchet.

Spoiler for Project Silverback Ch. 2 Preview:

Okay, I know it's short. But hey, it's all I can show right now.
Old 2011-09-26, 00:43   Link #1589
Eratas123

Quote:
....Irish really has no combat capability of sort???

I mean anyone from military, like Clarissa (Laura's rigth hand). I don't think Nohonhon, Kanalin, or Takatsuki can kick his ass outside I.S.

Snippet in the future (Probably):

Spoiler for maybe:
Irish wasn't trained for close combat fight since he's the teams Sniper and combat hacker. The best he could do in a close combat fight would be dodging around and trying to put some distance so he could pull out a gun pr using the jammer knife when he's desperate. Notice that he's pretty much helpless when Talia managed to grab him in the earlier draft.
Old 2011-09-26, 00:58   Link #1590
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Irish wasn't trained for close combat fight since he's the teams Sniper and combat hacker. The best he could do in a close combat fight would be dodging around and trying to put some distance so he could pull out a gun pr using the jammer knife when he's desperate. Notice that he's pretty much helpless when Talia managed to grab him in the earlier draft.
Well, irish still can subdue Cecilia outside her I.S., she's really helpless
Old 2011-09-26, 00:59   Link #1591
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Seems that Irish and Ratchet have something in common.

Although Ratchet can handle himself okay in close quaters combat, but to a certain extent. Take a look at my Preview for Ch. 2. And unlike Irish, Ratchet's not a Sniper.
Old 2011-09-26, 01:02   Link #1592
Eratas123

@darkjak-Really? I thought all your OC's are fronline fighters?

@ZeroXSEED- She's probably the only personal iS user he can subdue since she didn't go through the entire screening process and was just handpicked. Tatenashi can basically kick his ass though it's the reason she can always drag him around and make him crossdress for a mission if he refuses.
Old 2011-09-26, 01:02   Link #1593
DarkJak2050

Re-read my last post. I made an edit.
Old 2011-09-26, 01:09   Link #1594
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Re-read my last post. I made an edit.
I think any guy would have been subdued if they get ganged up on. Doesn't matter how experienced someone is; if they're unarmed and outnumbered then they'll most likely lpse unless the're a colossal badass.
Old 2011-09-26, 01:09   Link #1595
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@darkjak-Really? I thought all your OC's are fronline fighters?

@ZeroXSEED- She's probably the only personal iS user he can subdue since she didn't go through the entire screening process and was just handpicked. Tatenashi can basically kick his ass though it's the reason she can always drag him around and make him crossdress for a mission if he refuses.
EXACTLY what I mean, not everyone in Academy is strong, the main characters are...

And Jak, please tell me it's NOT the main characters that kidnap Rachet and store him in the closet.
Old 2011-09-26, 01:14   Link #1596
DarkJak2050

Quote:
I think any guy would have been subdued if they get ganged up on. Doesn't matter how experienced someone is; if they're unarmed and outnumbered then they'll most likely lpse unless the're a colossal badass.
That is why Ratchet has Hot Shot, Sideswipe and Scourge to back him up. But then again, if there's one who's weakest in close quarter combat out of the four, it would be Ratchet.

Quote:
EXACTLY what I mean, not everyone in Academy is strong, the main characters are...

And Jak, please tell me it's NOT the main characters that kidnap Rachet and store him in the closet.
I'll say this straight, it's not them.
Old 2011-09-26, 01:14   Link #1597
Eratas123

Irish still probably wouldn't be able to fight since his gynophobia would kick in if he tries to the only reason he doesn't panic in combat is that the skull suit always kept his nerves down and he can't afford to wear it during his free time since the pain is pretty much unbearable.
Old 2011-09-26, 04:57   Link #1598
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

next part. (Drops dead)
Quote:
Haruko had been silent since <Ren> left the apartment. At first ist was due to the cold terror of the girl's laugh. Now, it was due to deep thought. Despite the sarcastic banter between them, she had grown attached to the abrasive <Ren>.

Concerned? Inwardly, she scoffed at the thought. For such an unlikable girl?

It was a lie, as she knew.

Her true mission aside from supporting <Ren> in her duties, was more subtle. Though she approached it with all the guile of an ingenue, Haruko was far from the quirky innocent facade she put up. Despite the questions, she knew quite well what happened to her predecessor--a man who didn't know when to shut up.

She was both analyst and observer. Not only of computer data, but of people she worked with. It was far from a talent, but enough for her to subtly try to deduce the inner workings of other peoples' minds. Most people were easy; the harder they tried to hide their true selves, the more it stood out. Men were a lot easier to read than women in this respect. Those who had worked in an intelligence agency were more practiced at it.

<Ren>, though, Haruko found quite difficult. On the one hand the girl presented herself as a complete sociopath. But on the other hand, there was much more hidden. As if the surface personality were just snakeskin, shed for the serpent's survival and benefit. Haruko still did not know <Ren> as well as she thoght, figuring she would slowly peel away the layers of that blunt personality.

After Kokuto found out <Ren>'s true name, she became ever more convinced the sociopathic side was just a horribly well-preserved act.

In a way, this supports her. More than she'll know.

Her hone rang. With casual efficiency that she would never show her current partner, Haruko answered the phone in a voice as cold as the one she'd projected to Roland Cousseran not a few days back.

"It's Kokuto. She's taken action, sir."

The whispered, garbled voice on the line was a scrambled and inhuman mix. Kokuto knew that no one on the other end truly spoke--the sythesized voice was the result of a typed response to her reports. A speech machine basically read the sent message with emotionless precision. By this, her bosses would face little risk in being identified by their voices.

"Yes sir. I disagree with the method, but not the principle."

More electronic speech. It was hard to discern what her superiors were thinking, as the machine voice had only a flat monotone. Without the subtle pauses and emotional cues of true human conversation, Kokuto could only guess at the plans Johohonbu HQ were working through.

"---clean up afterwards? No sir, it's not a problem."

Taking a breath, Haruko listened to the spiel. In her mind, she wanted to picture her bosses' face, but could not. Never once in her career had she met the superior who now wrote her orders.

A blink, at the oddest question she'd been asked. "I didn't make an order for five morphine styrettes, no sir."

Silence for a time. Then one last firm command.

"I understand, sir." In truth, she didn't.

Acknowledgement, and the line went dead.

Putting down her phone, Haruko knocked back in the chair. Twilight was now approaching, and knowing <Ren>, she figured the girl was either starting her game with the security men or already in full swing.

The chair fell back on the floor with a thud, Haruko with it. But she did not complain or whine, unlike how she would if <Ren> were around.

Staring up at the ceiling. Thinking about her life, her orders, and working with a most strange, frightening, and yet twistedly admirable young girl. Kokuto decided to just lie there and sleep.

I probably should have been a teacher like Hanekawa. Normal teenage kids don't go around throwing knives and swords at people.

<--------------->

"Over there." Neville whispered harshly as he pointed his rifle toward the source. For the briefest of moments, he would have sworn he'd heard the tittering whisper of a young girl.

"Don't spread too far," Roland warned. "They might be trying to split us up or spring a trap."

The Englishman nodded, and three others from the group joined him in a boxed-in formation. Each man held their weapon at a different angle, Neville in front, one man at each side, and the fourth man behind covering their back.

The main group held their ground, a porcupine with spikes raised against all attack. Caution turned the air heavy with breath. All eyes were on Neville's party as it drew closer to the corner.

In one swift movement, the team of four rounded the corner.

"Nothing, blast it." The Englishman's voice was terse with built-up stress. There was relief in the other mens' voices, but no joy.

"Nev, this is ree-dock-you-lous." One team member in an exaggerated accent. "We're just paranoid, and Fernando's probably taking a popp somewhere."

Neville did not respond, as his nerves were still on edge.

His three teammates were now visibly relaxing, as the beep of his radio earpiece called his attention.

"Neville here." Turning away from his three teammates, Neville made sure his gun was always pointed in the same direction of his sight. "No sign of anything."

"Hyuu huu huu huu huu~~"

"Stop being a retarded dolt." Angrily, the Englishman turned to confront his one remaining teammate. "What if--"

One.

The chills along Neville's back worsened, as he noticed the remaining man giggling uncontrollably. On the other man's face was the biggest, stupidest drooling grin ever seen. The blubbering smile could only mutter one word.

"Heh. Heheh. Rhee-dhock-you-loous."

Punctuated by the dull THUD of a straight body hitting the floor.

"Morphine styrette." Neville managed to blurt out as he saw the small needlepoint sticking out of the man's neck. He'd seen American Special Forces use the things--normally reserved as fast-acting tranquilizers for heavily injured troops, the styrettes were a favorite of those who needed to knock out a victim quickly and quietly without having to resort to outright violence.

They were also drugs, highly restricted items that no japanese citizen or even the police force would have access to. It was strictly military or intelligence services use.

AT the very least, the man in front of him would be out for four hours. Of the two others he could see no trace.

"Mister Cousseran, we have a problem." Neville brought his rifle up from the hip to his face, ensuring everything he looked at was through the sights of his weapon. "Cousseran?"

He then stopped once more, as he realised there was no static in his headset. As if his radio was dead. Looking down, the first thing he saw was the connecting wire to his radio--Cleanly cut by a blade.

The next thing he saw was his rifle's ammo magazine was missing.

Before Neville's brain could absorb all that was happening, he felt a solid blow to his stomach--forcing him to lose any breath he could use to scream. Then his nose was broken. And after that, his jaw. He couldn't see his attacker, a small form too fast for him to catch up to. The close quarters were in the attacker's favor, as it was less of strength and more the angles which gave the blows their devastating effect.

As his body was peppered by rapid-fire pain, Neville's brain had it's own funny thought. Why didn't they use the morphine? It'd make this experience a tad more pleasant---

Everything went black long before the englishman's arm was snapped at the elbow.

<--------------->

"What the hell is taking him so long?"

Cousseran was already wiping the cold sweat from his forehead. There was no gunfire, no sounds of scuffle. And yet Neville and his team rounded the corner ahead and didn't come back.

"You don't think it could be an IS, could it?" Mischa offered, almost meekly.

The IS Exoframe was indeed capable of limited stealth.

"The factory is too small," replied Erich. "No way something like an IS could move around and not make noise."

"Okay." Bubba grunted. "So what the hell do we do now?"

A sudden clatter of plastic and elecronics on the floor grabbed their attention. Guns pointed at the source.

On the floor was Neville's radio, impaled by a small pocket-knife.

Erich, his chiseled face looking more gaunt as he looked at the radio--sans Neville and the other three. "Spread out."

"Are you insane?!" Cousseran moved to veto his second in command. "We still have an operation to fulfill."

"Whoever it is has no plans of letting us go."
Old 2011-09-26, 05:38   Link #1599
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author

Well, regarding the body armor issue you guys
were talking about, basically the author was
going by the logic that if it's strong enough to
break the field, no practical amount of physical
armor can do you much good.

Hope that helps.
Old 2011-09-26, 05:55   Link #1600
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Well, regarding the body armor issue you guys
were talking about, basically the author was
going by the logic that if it's strong enough to
break the field, no practical amount of physical
armor can do you much good.

Hope that helps.
Exactly what ZeroXSEED Ling thinks in my previous post, reverse logic. "If armor is going to bother the activation of the absolute defense, remove it". On the other hand, Ichika WILL upgrade his armor...

Of topic, but thinking about Gundam SEED: Sacred Twins or To-Love-Ru: Sacred Twins version....
O-ho-ho-ho-ho.....
Ho-ho-ho

*Read Wavehawk's fic again*

...............................................AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest