AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-07, 02:48   Link #16881
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@_@ on a completely unrelated note, I'm thinking of the feasibility of wing modules...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 03:01   Link #16882
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Why? Char has one....

Wait, you mean the feather-like unit as in Wing Zero Custom?
Old 2012-01-07, 03:03   Link #16883
Eratas123

Stupid internet made me lose access for an hour

@ Senpai - Is it ever possible to self teach yourself a fighting style?

Side note - Is Ichika a technical pacifist? As in would he be willing to attack someone to protect someone else?

Have to go to derma now. Back to acid face
Old 2012-01-07, 03:07   Link #16884
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Maybe, if you have sufficient amount of clues. The result tend to be imperfect though.

Quote:
Side note - Is Ichika a technical pacifist? As in would he be willing to attack someone to protect someone else?
Yes, Laura can attest that.

Quote:
I always wonder why you need to drill holes on your face then cover it with acid?
Old 2012-01-07, 03:13   Link #16885
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well, the idea is that the unit itself has no wings, but instead has hardpoints for specialized wing modules. These modules can shift between two modes: weapon and booster. These modules can be attatched to any of the specialized hardpoints and the weapon modes can be used for handheld and as a mounted weapon. Mounted weapon usage gives the weapon mode more power, but handheld would give it a better firing arc.

Can't think of an existing unit with this design. Probably because it's redundant to some extent but the options seem viable.
Old 2012-01-07, 03:22   Link #16886
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Well, the idea is that the unit itself has no wings, but instead has hardpoints for specialized wing modules. These modules can shift between two modes: weapon and booster. These modules can be attatched to any of the specialized hardpoints and the weapon modes can be used for handheld and as a mounted weapon. Mounted weapon usage gives the weapon mode more power, but handheld would give it a better firing arc.
Exactly how my "Hanger System" work in Sacred Twins, to compensate ByakuShiki's lack of preset gun.

Also, Rafael's booster are modular and can be replaced by custom version.

Ichika mounts additional sword against Cecil, small Gatling gun against Ling, sniper rifle against Charles, laser cannon against Laura, in gospel arc, a Scramjet booster module.

Meanwhile, Kurogane will have Variable Wing System that can switch between weapons, booster, AND armor. Used as basis for Gen-3.5 mass production unit of Japan.

Quote:
Can't think of an existing unit with this design. Probably because it's redundant to some extent but the options seem viable.
Once again, Rafael does, not in the case of weapon though.
Old 2012-01-07, 03:32   Link #16887
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

How it was achieved? The module has variable geometric construction, basically they're just a plasma nozzle that can change shape.

As weapon, those nozzle deliver a focused stream of plasma (without air intake). Short ranged, but they can even do 'full burst' if the targeting system is sufficiently good.

As Propulsion, those plasma is used to burn and propel the air instead.

As armor, the nozzles fold-in and become thin, covering the main body with plasma sandwich, in short, reactive armor.
Old 2012-01-07, 03:35   Link #16888
Masuzu
« ヒーロー »
*Author

Quote:
Stupid internet made me lose access for an hour

Yes it is, that's exactly what I did.
Old 2012-01-07, 03:38   Link #16889
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm still fine tuning the concept actually, but for now it basically has a spread energy stream flow for boosters and concentrated energy stream releases for weapon mode. If ever I'm gonna make them physical weapons @_@(much easier to deal with).

Extra: In the plot of Ichika with the older women, should the original harem be supporting characters or just make cameos?
Old 2012-01-07, 03:45   Link #16890
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I'm still fine tuning the concept actually, but for now it basically has a spread energy stream flow for boosters and concentrated energy stream releases for weapon mode.
But you need working mass in case of propulsion to increase thrust and decrease hazardous exhaust range, while as weapon, less working mass means higher velocity, more range and less recoil.

Remember that weapon = propulsion and vice versa, the problem is how to make it a good weapon or a good propulsion.

Quote:
If ever I'm gonna make them physical weapons @_@(much easier to deal with).
How exactly a physical weapon can become booster?

Quote:
Extra: In the plot of Ichika with the older women, should the original harem be supporting characters or just make cameos?
Up to your choice.
Old 2012-01-07, 03:54   Link #16891
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the propulsion system itself isn't necessarily the weapon, however than can also work. boosters require propellant and propellant gives air expansion/displacement that drives most booster reliant crafts(I think). Energized particles can make for some pretty explosive bursts of energy which will most likely result in great air expansion and therefore propulsion(plane engineers. I'm waiting on your corrections ). I realized if I use energy/particle based module then all I need to weaponize the booster is particle accelerator and focusing chamber, the barrel should be simple enough.

For physical, the barrel is mostly an add-on as well as a small ammo magazine attached. It'll be fairly limited number of shots per reload but it should be workable.

Both module types work on the capacity that they are foldable/collpasible and generally transformable. This makes their greatest weakness "structural stability"
Old 2012-01-07, 04:04   Link #16892
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, as far as I knew, yes, all those concept of yours will work.

The structural strength issue makes more sense, and utilized in my concept in case of reactive armor (which spill a huge amount of plasma outward) due to their fragile nature, even though they're called 'armor'.

In mine, AkaTsubaki has this exact problem too, since there's no Gundanium magic. XD
Old 2012-01-07, 04:08   Link #16893
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm still studying the possibility of using electric current to harden materials in the module structure when engaging into meelee weapon mode, but right now it seems ceramics are the only ones that have this kind of reaction(still studying it). So the only choice is to use ceramic composites as materials. Something I doubt to be a very good idea
Old 2012-01-07, 04:37   Link #16894
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ceramic composite, definitely bad.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:05   Link #16895
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Posted a scene unrelated to Athena a few pages back, not sure if anyone noticed.

Then again, I added a few stuffs:

Spoiler for Scene:

Also, question:
- Is using the barrier shield for offensive purposes(ala, pin-point barrier style) plausible?
Old 2012-01-07, 05:13   Link #16896
DarkJak2050

Yeah, something unrelated for sure.

And I also posted something about Brian's Background. Here it is in case you missed it.

Brian's Background
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 05:18   Link #16897
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Yeah, something unrelated for sure.

And I also posted something about Brian's Background. Here it is in case you missed it.

Brian's Background
Definitely missed that one.

Then again, looks like Ratchet's been going on a series of terribad misfortunes... I can only imagine how he could still stay sane while being abused like that at a very young age.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:24   Link #16898
DarkJak2050

If you're wondering how bad his sisters were, watch the flashback segment in Ep. 7 of Freezing.

Be adviced; Freezing has extreme explicit content.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 05:28   Link #16899
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Is Arachne afraid of Chifuyu or anything?
Old 2012-01-07, 05:31   Link #16900
Eratas123

I'm back What I miss?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest