AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-11, 10:57   Link #17621
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
@ Age
Yeah, I don't surprised because you tend to mix the Canon rules, realistic insertion (theories or proved concept), and balls-to-the-walls stuff AT THE SAME TIME.

@Demi
For me, because they have no fucking loophole to abuse. Good as fiction, bad for fanfiction writers. :|

I also leaning more on Real Robot side, and the technical inconsistencies by Izuru irks me out despite his excellent world-building (the lack of loophole in case of I.S. machines and concept surrounding it). But I tolerate that as I saw him as writer, not an engineer.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 13:35   Link #17622
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Then why's Gen scared of her? That guys arms would make a pro-wrestler jealous

He becomes a Tsundere for a perverted Genki girl. Oh the irony

Scene - Knowing to limit is good Having OC's hog the spotlight every time gets annoying after a while. There should be scenes where OC's aren't there or being talked about all the time.

Side note - Remember the transfer student one? No flames whatsoever. The fandom's definitely relaxed these past few months.
It's not the fact that OCs hog the screentime, but rather they hog the canon cast's screentime. For example, Red Rain takes place before Ichika enrolls into the Academy, and takes place other than the country. But since, the canon cast isn't into the action, it's all OC work, and it is in this fic (if I ever finish it, establishes why the VT system is banned and the development of the Blue Tears Remote weaponry but then it got sold elsewhere)
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 14:43   Link #17623
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philippines
Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Anyone had the idea of peacekeeping force before? An illegal one?
I have about 2 in my story planning:

[Guardian Angels] : A trio of "IS-like Objects" that help people in distress. They are wanted by the UN since, well they are "IS-like Objects" and are violating the Treaty.

[Yet to be named] : A UN IS Peacekeeping Group.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 17:47   Link #17624
DarkJak2050
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I'll just leave this quick snippethere

Spoiler for Maria vs Elena : A Typical Day:


*goes back to killing more internet tanks and planes*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
>w< 一生の不覚の独り

Now that I'm done with that, I can focus on my stuff
I wonder how my guys would look like if they were in the IS anime.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 19:05   Link #17625
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I wonder how my guys would look like if they were in the IS anime.


Rachet?

(Note to Jak: personal use only, do not share it with readers, this is not mine)
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-01-11 at 19:45.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 19:17   Link #17626
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai - Why are all the adult women in Infinite Stratos so scary?

Those parts will be the hardest to write since Irish has to act like a genki boy uke Then comes the deconstruction later.

Scene - The only annoying part about OC's is if they appear whenever the canon cast are there for no reason or they're always being talked about. If this story happens before the CC are introduced, then it's fine. If the CC are there, but you still make the OC barell his way to the spotlight every time, then they're just hogging the attention.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 19:45   Link #17627
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Why are all the adult women in Infinite Stratos so scary?
Don't ask me, the point is that how much I can stretch before I tears canon to shred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Those parts will be the hardest to write since Irish has to act like a genki boy uke Then comes the deconstruction later.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Scene - The only annoying part about OC's is if they appear whenever the canon cast are there for no reason or they're always being talked about. If this story happens before the CC are introduced, then it's fine. If the CC are there, but you still make the OC barell his way to the spotlight every time, then they're just hogging the attention.
As you said, it can only achieved IF majority of the characters being OC, due to absence of Canon Cast.

Hell, I managed to achieve spotlight imbalance with a Canon Character, the ONLY complain readers got for my old Nanoha story (besides grammar that often not mentioned as I already pointed it myself in my disclaimers).
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 19:56   Link #17628
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai - There's also the fact that all of them look like they're in their 20's or younger form some reason

The story focuses on Ichika at this point since he's the only one who didn't get massively crippled during the MG defense. Who do you think should be ship teased with him at this point?

Side note - What do you mean spotlight imbalance on a canon character?
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:02   Link #17629
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - There's also the fact that all of them look like they're in their 20's or younger form some reason
Only Ren and Maya is younger than she look, everyone else look age appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
The story focuses on Ichika at this point since he's the only one who didn't get massively crippled during the MG defense. Who do you think should be ship teased with him at this point?
Hard choice...

Maybe Houki? Not to sound weird but everytime important stuff happens, Houki came into spotlight.

Otherwise, just have the one that haven't been ship teased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Side note - What do you mean spotlight imbalance on a canon character?
I managed to make Yuuno, otherwise good supporting character, a spotlight hogger. That he IS the main character in the fic is not a problem, it's just that the everyone is talking about him all the freaking time.

The sequel and spinoff are better, but since Nanoha fandom matured very fast, those modest fic fading into obscurity.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:05   Link #17630
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai - You have a point there Then again, it's possible this also applies to males. Gen sure doesn't seem like he's in his 80's

Any thoughts on Kanzashi? She never seems to get any in fics

Side note - At least you didn't make him into a god mode sue ladies man or something.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:09   Link #17631
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - You have a point there Then again, it's possible this also applies to males. Gen sure doesn't seem like he's in his 80's
LOL truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Any thoughts on Kanzashi? She never seems to get any in fics
Woobie points +1

But seriously, I someday will make an angst fic to slap the fandom with, telling them not to forget that Kanzashi is her own entity! Not Tate's inferior shadow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Side note - At least you didn't make him into a god mode sue ladies man or something.
He is a ladies man, played with in that ladies seeks him for companion, not relationship (majority being lesbian )
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:15   Link #17632
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai - The teens skirt the line of youngerthan they look Dan's probably the biggest example.

This is the reason her and Irish became friends in the first place He basically tells her flat out to stop complaining and that she's not her sister nor is she supposed to be.

How to shiptease Ichika and Kanzashi, though? I need to make it unique from the other girls.

Side note - That's butt monkey points As long as a character isn't any type of sue, then it's possible for it to be fixed.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:23   Link #17633
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - The teens skirt the line of youngerthan they look Dan's probably the biggest example.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
This is the reason her and Irish became friends in the first place He basically tells her flat out to stop complaining and that she's not her sister nor is she supposed to be.
Fun stuff, in TLR Stratos Saki is no longer attached to Tatenashi, but still very fond of Kanzashi because they're shares the exact same sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
How to shiptease Ichika and Kanzashi, though? I need to make it unique from the other girls.
Maybe saw her working hard by herself?
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:24   Link #17634
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
-------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I have a problem with developing the relationship between Chifuyu and Josh.

First, they don't meet too often privately ("It's all business").

Second, both of them are too professional to flirt (well, Josh did, but much less often than his usual shtick to other females).

Third, Chifuyu is torn due to her 'loyalty' to Yoshi and the fact Josh resembles him in many aspect, yet different. In short, Chifuyu do not want to make Josh a Replacement Goldfish.

And even if their past revealed later, that doesn't means instant lovey dovey like a pair of separated childhood lover, seeing as now they're adult with a lot of responsibility.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:28   Link #17635
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai - Ichika's the freaking messiah in Shadow He was the first person Irish trusted in the academy over his own partner

That makes sense, actually. The old saying of "Birds of a feather flock together" applies here. Irish and Kanzashi have an odd relationship since she doesn't hesitate to blackmail (Only for minor things) him when she saved his life.

You mean on her IS?

EDIT: Shouldn't they be more worried about the fact that they're siblings first over lovey dovey romance? Also, there's the reactions of Ichika and Madoka to take into account.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:33   Link #17636
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Ichika's the freaking messiah in Shadow He was the first person Irish trusted in the academy over his own partner
Haha, as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
That makes sense, actually. The old saying of "Birds of a feather flock together" applies here. Irish and Kanzashi have an odd relationship since she doesn't hesitate to blackmail (Only for minor things) him when she saved his life.
LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
You mean on her IS?
Anything will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
EDIT: Shouldn't they be more worried about the fact that they're siblings first over lovey dovey romance? Also, there's the reactions of Ichika and Madoka to take into account.
Those are part of the adult responsibility I meant, the present and future is not all about two of them, but also for everyone's benefit and comfort.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:38   Link #17637
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai - He's actually justified in trusting Ichika first in this case.

He helps her try to get with Ichika as well Though he himself doesn't seem to notice romance when it's directed at him

Hmmm, you think IS academy allows the selling of manga?

Well, first you're gonna have to deal with Ms. Fairs
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:46   Link #17638
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - He's actually justified in trusting Ichika first in this case.
Ichika is the only one that doesn't try to kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
He helps her try to get with Ichika as well Though he himself doesn't seem to notice romance when it's directed at him


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Hmmm, you think IS academy allows the selling of manga?
Inside campus? No :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Well, first you're gonna have to deal with Ms. Fairs
The problem is how to make it convincing and engaging, from Japanese's perspective, they LOOK like a perfect couple, meaning that Chifuyu think the same (until Natasha explain she's still putting effort in reaching that status)
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:51   Link #17639
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai - No, it's because he's the only reason Joshua was still alive after the bomb exploded O course, this causes it to look like they have a crapload of Ho-Yay

Why not? Manga's not illegal is it?

So how does Josh choose between the two?
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:58   Link #17640
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - No, it's because he's the only reason Joshua was still alive after the bomb exploded O course, this causes it to look like they have a crapload of Ho-Yay


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Why not? Manga's not illegal is it?
Despite being an integral part of Japanese culture, manga is also seen as distraction from school. It's okay to read it in your free time, but selling it inside school is crossing the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
So how does Josh choose between the two?
Hmmm, it had something to do with the twins, about they still need father figure or something.

(and if the idea for sequel is right, Minato is in DIRE NEED of parental figure and the twins are way too young and inexperienced to do it themselves)
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.