AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-07-12, 14:41   Link #1
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Kuzu to Kinka no Qualidea


Authors: Sagara, Sou (Story), Watari, Wataru (Story)
Illustrator: Saboten (Art)
Translations: here
Genres: Drama, Romance, School

Plot Summary:
Quote:
Told through two perspectives, this is a tale about a world about to end and a dazzling time of youth—

Kusaoka Haruma, a student from a low-end high school, and the angelic underclassman Chigusa Yu. Two people who should not be in the same year level end up meeting as a result of a fateful incident. Abnormal weather, abnormal phenomena, abnormal actions. An ordinary life that falls off the rails little by little, and a bizarre urban legend.

According to “The Random Crossroad”—at midnight, if you come to the end of the T-juncture and choose the wrong path, you can never come back.

As they chase after a girl whose whereabouts are unknown as a result of these events, could what they find exceed Haruma and Yu’s wildest expectations…?!

First volume came out and so far, this seems kinda interesting. The chapters are not very long but so far emphasizes a bit on the main characters. Perhaps romance will develop later? The pacing seems odd so far. Anyways, just saw this and decided to read it today. I'm also looking forward to see how much more the story will develop..
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 16:48   Link #2
nero12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beyond the Wall!
Oh right I had totally forgotten about this one. Another novel to be added to my reading wishlist that would never end.....
does this have supernatural aspects as well like henneko?
__________________
Translating Web Novels Kuro no Maou, Kamigoroshi no Eiyuu to Nanatsu no Seiyaku here-https://shikkakutranslations.wordpress.com/
nero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 06:14   Link #3
Fiir-chan
Living Slovenly~...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Oh boy.. Do we get more doses of cynicism and sophistry? Poetic descriptions? And subtle comedy?

Edit

Yes to 2 and 3, as for 1 maybe a lot later
__________________

"I get it Kyousaru, you smoke weed everytime you do your art."

Last edited by Fiir-chan; 2015-07-20 at 06:38.
Fiir-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 20:37   Link #4
faiz blaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Now, here is something interesting: this novel is part of something called Project Qualidea. Basically, three major Japanese light novel writers - Sou Sagara (from Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko), Wataru Watari (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru) and Koushi Tachibana (Date A Live) - joined forces to produce four new works. All these four stories will take place in the same world setting, albeit at different time and places. Official crossovers have also been implied as a possibility.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm quite hyped about this!


For those interested, here is the link to official site of the project:

http://qualidea.jp/
__________________
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 06:35   Link #5
Fiir-chan
Living Slovenly~...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Oh shit! This is going to be good!!
__________________

"I get it Kyousaru, you smoke weed everytime you do your art."
Fiir-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 07:01   Link #6
theshade1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
That's interesting. But who's the fourth??

Also this is prolly the only one that I personally am interested in. The other writers' previous works are not really my style (shitty harems and what not).
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 12:18   Link #7
faiz blaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
You misunderstood me: the project involves 3 authors producing 4 different novels, one of which (this one actually) is a collaborative work between two of them.
__________________
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-25, 00:57   Link #8
theshade1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
You misunderstood me: the project involves 3 authors producing 4 different novels, one of which (this one actually) is a collaborative work between two of them.
Ahhh Okay. gotcha
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-25, 14:45   Link #9
larethian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero12 View Post
Oh right I had totally forgotten about this one. Another novel to be added to my reading wishlist that would never end.....
does this have supernatural aspects as well like henneko?
The answer to this will be rather shocking. Not too sure whether to spoil or tease

Quote:
Originally Posted by carinderyeah View Post
Oh boy.. Do we get more doses of cynicism and sophistry? Poetic descriptions? And subtle comedy?

Edit

Yes to 2 and 3, as for 1 maybe a lot later
Haruma does have some similarities with 8man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Now, here is something interesting: this novel is part of something called Project Qualidea. Basically, three major Japanese light novel writers - Sou Sagara (from Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko), Wataru Watari (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru) and Koushi Tachibana (Date A Live) - joined forces to produce four new works. All these four stories will take place in the same world setting, albeit at different time and places. Official crossovers have also been implied as a possibility.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm quite hyped about this!


For those interested, here is the link to official site of the project:

http://qualidea.jp/
Definitely worth hyping, since there's a lot more than meets the eye, especially the way this book ended. Also there seems to be an interconnection between all the books. I haven't read qualidea code yet, but I'm going to start soon on Thursday or towards the next weekend. -> http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201507itsuka/

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshade1 View Post
That's interesting. But who's the fourth??

Also this is prolly the only one that I personally am interested in. The other writers' previous works are not really my style (shitty harems and what not).
Well DAL did nothing for me after 5 volumes. Let's see what qualidea code will bring.
Henneko is no shit harem. It has alot of heartwarming parts and nice setups and foreshadows. Read it before flaking it.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 11:24   Link #10
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
So... they just did it, walked off and ended up in a different world? Okay...

While Chigusa Yu was definitely an interesting character, I can't say I like how they got together so quickly. I'm also not a fan of Date a Live, so I'm not particularly hyped for whatever fantasy setting he will bring either.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 12:59   Link #11
Botan_TM
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Polandball
Can we discuss other novels from this universe in this thread? I wonder if anybody read them and can give some summary.

By the way, I'm in the middle of this, and indeed this is quite a wild ride with such heroine.
__________________
Anime & LN
Botan_TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.