AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-12-22, 14:58   Link #1
ACertainStark
Gift for Index

[PSV] Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution announced for PS Vita

Quote:
Famitsu this week confirms the next entry in Falcom’s Evolution series is The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution for PS Vita.

Due out in 2015, the game will have high-resolution graphics and full voice-overs, fully refined characters and visuals, facial expressions such as blinking during talk scenes, new illustrations, reconstructed movie scenes, font and mini-map changes, a full background music arrange, and better distant view.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/12/legend-he...CjQ5l6pWw1P.99

Official Site: http://www.sora-evo-fc.com/
Teaser:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2014-12-24 at 21:27.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 18:53   Link #2
rladls2121

This means if it is true, then someday we will hear voiced Oliver and his Amber of Love song.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 03:43   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Question, what is this "Evolution" series I keep reading about? Is it a straight up remaster special edition?

More importantly does it give it a higher chance of being localized?

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 03:56   Link #4
Kirayuki

"Evolution" is the label they have given for the series when they are porting the original game from Kiseki series into a fully voiced game (main story dialogues only) along with a re-arranged soundtrack, at least for Zero and Ao case.

Sora seems to get more renewal treatment judging from the info (updated character illustration, full-body cut-in for S-Craft, etc), mostly because it's a lot older than Zero and Ao.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 04:03   Link #5
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ

I was kind of hoping they would pack FC and SC in one game though

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 04:20   Link #6
Iron Maw
EXEC_CHRONICLE=KEY/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Possibly. That said as nice that wpuld be I'd rather that be set to a lower priority if XSEED does ever plan to bring it over. With a company as small as them we won't getting the other Kiseki games until we are old men if they get sidetrack by ports. Zero/Ao Evolutions are fine though since those have been out awhile now and localization has yet to be stared.
Old 2014-12-23, 06:33   Link #7
marvelB

As far as localization goes.... I guess it could be likely for FC, since Xseed could just recycle the PSP version's script with a few tweaks here and there. I don't see SC and/or the 3rd Evo coming overseas for some time though (if ever), unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I was kind of hoping they would pack FC and SC in one game though

Considering the amount of length+content the Kiseki titles have by themselves, I don't think that's very likely. ESPECIALLY when we have full voice acting included in the mix. Maybe a bundled port will be a different story when the portable version of PS4 comes out a few years down the line, heh.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 17:01   Link #8
ACertainStark
Gift for Index

It seems like Ao/Zero + more, which is exactly what I wanted. Can't wait to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Possibly. That said as nice that wpuld be I'd rather that be set to a lower priority if XSEED does ever plan to bring it over. With a company as small as them we won't getting the other Kiseki games until we are old men if they get sidetrack by ports. Zero/Ao Evolutions are fine though since those have been out awhile now and localization has yet to be stared.
Yeah they really should focus on SC right now and then next being TC.

They've mentioned they might prioritize certain Kiseki titles to be in sync with the Japanese release, which I'm all for. That would likely be SnK I and II.
Old 2014-12-23, 17:34   Link #9
Vigo
too lazy to post

Localizing 3rd and then SnK 1+2 while skipping Zero and Ao sounds like a terrible idea. Honestly I love Xseed but if it's too much for them then they need to stop after SC.

I wonder when they plan to release the other 2 games. 2016/17? Will the Vita even be alive by the time they reach 3rd Evo?
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 17:59   Link #10
ACertainStark
Gift for Index

I don't think that's a terrible idea. They're always going to be behind if they continue like this and going by comments from a few days ago, they do plan to continue. It's sort of what Falcom did w/ the Asian market and I'm glad XSEED brought it up. Once they are caught up, they can tackle Zero/Ao Evo, since it's not like they said they wouldn't ever.

They do need to be in sync with the JP releases. I feel there's no beating around the bush for this.

EDIT: Here's the post from SpaceDrake:
Quote:
If the series continues after SC (and Tom's comments seem pretty clear, I think) then skipping Sky 3rd is not on the cards. It sometimes gets heat for being more of a "fan-disc" or expansion than anything else, but it contains a lot of additional world-building that Falcom simply could not get into FC or SC initially, and while Zero doesn't rely on it as much (outside of some backstory for one specific character), Ao and Sen/S2 lean on it to greater or lesser degrees.

Other games might get prioritized in order to get the English-speaking world synched better with releases, but skipping it is not on the cards if the franchise remains a going concern.
I don't see them skipping SnKI/SnKII if they ever do this. First we need SC & TC anyway.

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2014-12-23 at 19:27.
Old 2014-12-24, 03:56   Link #11
Iron Maw
EXEC_CHRONICLE=KEY/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
I wonder when they plan to release the other 2 games. 2016/17? Will the Vita even be alive by the time they reach 3rd Evo?
This another reason why Zero and Ao need prioritized ASAP IMO. Vita's situation is still fairly violate at moment and we don't what it will look like 5 years from now. Ofcourse the PS3 is staring to be phased out whoch another problem, bu falcom could always port the game to PS4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I don't think that's a terrible idea. They're always going to be behind if they continue like this and going by comments from a few days ago, they do plan to continue. It's sort of what Falcom did w/ the Asian market and I'm glad XSEED brought it up. Once they are caught up, they can tackle Zero/Ao Evo, since it's not like they said they wouldn't ever.
The problem with doing the Sen games first is that they rely heavily on the Crossbell Arc to really understand what's going on and importantly avoid spoilers. That's how they meant to be played and doing this would be akin to skipping several hugely chapters in a book then reading the rest.
Old 2014-12-24, 05:10   Link #12
ACertainStark
Gift for Index

Vita's situation is a bit different in Japan, so the Sora Evo's will be fine. Falcom will likely continue their support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
This another reason why Zero and Ao need prioritized ASAP IMO. Vita's situation is still fairly violate at moment and we don't what it will look like 5 years from now. Ofcourse the PS3 is staring to be phased out whoch another problem, bu falcom could always port the game to PS4.

The problem with doing the Sen games first is that they rely heavily on the Crossbell Arc to really understand what's going on and importantly avoid spoilers. That's how they meant to be played and doing this would be akin to skipping several hugely chapters in a book then reading the rest.
I want all of them, but if they can't see themselves releasing all of them and only some, I'll take that too lol.

Sure. Although they can be played individually and enjoyed like that, too. So I wouldn't compare it to that. And that would be the case even if they prioritized certain releases anyway, but you're right for the bigger picture would be missing. That said, Tom also mentioned they've learned a lot from FC & SC and plan to change how they approach these games to have a speedier release. I'd like to see how this goes if (when) they announce TC and so on:

Quote:
That's what I mean when I say that we've learned a lot from FC and SC, though. We've been faced with projects of an enormity on par with FC twice since then (Rune Factory 4 and Story of Seasons), and have tackled them (or are tackling, in the latter case) much more quickly and efficiently due to the experiences we've gained in working with FC and SC. So if we're to work on another Kiseki game, rest assured, there will be no room for complaint with our approach, be it organizational or managerial. We'll be on top of it from the very start.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=162

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2014-12-24 at 05:32.
Old 2014-12-24, 10:21   Link #13
LROlsson

Partials scans from Dengeki
Images

Last edited by LROlsson; 2014-12-24 at 10:42.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 13:52   Link #14
ACertainStark
Gift for Index

Ohh~ Estelle looks cute.
Old 2014-12-24, 15:25   Link #15
Iron Maw
EXEC_CHRONICLE=KEY/

Ooooh nice! Falcom's updated the art be more in line with recent games. This will probably the biggest touch it gets through lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Sure. Although they can be played individually and enjoyed like that, too.
Most importers always tell me that the main draw to series is the intricate story first and the gameplay second. That it's definitely not recommend to jump in between games like where each plot and arc to tightly because that will kill enjoyment o be had.

Quote:
So I wouldn't compare it to that. And that would be the case even if they prioritized certain releases anyway, but you're right for the bigger picture would be missing. That said, Tom also mentioned they've learned a lot from FC & SC and plan to change how they approach these games to have a speedier release. I'd like to see how this goes if (when) they announce TC and so on:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=162
Glad to hear that!
Old 2014-12-24, 15:25   Link #16
marvelB

Joshua's design in the new style basically makes him look like a darker-haired Adol, lol.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 15:31   Link #17
ACertainStark
Gift for Index

Hope bigger scans come soon. Need to see the high-res visuals. I want to hear the arranged BGM, too.
Old 2014-12-24, 21:21   Link #18
ACertainStark
Gift for Index

Full site is up with screenshots, artwork, and teaser:
http://www.sora-evo-fc.com/

YouTube

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2014-12-24 at 21:33.
Old 2014-12-25, 04:17   Link #19
rladls2121

Sora to Sen in Vita.
This is just too good to be true.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 12:42   Link #20
tootbrush

Location: In a better place. Like the beach. But NOT the moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The full voice acting lowers its chance of being localised. XSEED can't get (if there are licensing restrictions) or afford (if there aren't) the Japanese VA nor can they afford a full English dub. Since that's the biggest feature of the Evolution releases, there's no point in localising them. You can already play TitS without a full dub on your Vita. :P

And since this isn't developed nor published by Falcom, XSEED would have to jump through hoops to even license the game. Which also means the improved assets won't make it into the PC release (officially).
tootbrush is offline   Reply With Quote