AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-13, 21:03   Link #561
Vigo
too lazy to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Still waiting for Ys: Celceta to get localized...
Yepp. It's strange that we still have no release date. I really hope they won't delay it to 2014.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:50   Link #562
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

Amazon France lists Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus for PS Vita

~Uncomfortable, Incomfortable, Anti-comfortable, Counter-comfortable~
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 16:57   Link #563
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

Robotics;Notes coming to PS Vita

Quote:
The PS Vita version will launch this winter in Japan. A price has not yet been announced.

Old 2013-07-24, 18:28   Link #564
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The Vita feels like the perfect system for that game. It has a camera and a touchscreen, it just needs killballad and that AR system from the show
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 01:48   Link #565
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Sony Asks Nintendo for One Mario Game to Help Sell Vita

... honestly not sure what to say...
Old 2013-07-29, 01:51   Link #566
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

Smells like a troll article if you ask me

Old 2013-07-29, 03:01   Link #567
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Its a troll. Even assuming Sony is desperate, they are not stupid.

They'd be kneeling down with bags of money to Capcom and SE for MH, RE, FF and DQ, not Mario.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 03:12   Link #568
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Sony Asks Nintendo for One Mario Game to Help Sell Vita

... honestly not sure what to say...
P4rGaming... isn't that site like "The Onion", but for gaming news?
Old 2013-07-29, 09:29   Link #569
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

Tearaway delayed one month

Quote:
“We are now in the final stages of development, and have come to the realization that we need a little more time than we anticipated to finish the game,” studio director Siobhan Reddy said on the PlayStation Blog, “to tie all of the mechanics, story and amazing visuals together into the adventure that we want you to play.”

Old 2013-07-29, 12:23   Link #570
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The Vita feels like the perfect system for that game. It has a camera and a touchscreen, it just needs killballad and that AR system from the show
It's pretty amazing how the Vita keeps on getting games announced for it even though it's mostly a dead console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Its a troll. Even assuming Sony is desperate, they are not stupid.

They'd be kneeling down with bags of money to Capcom and SE for MH, RE, FF and DQ, not Mario.
Nintendo has most of those games locked down already. However, games that sell in the 40-100,000 copy range tend to do better on the Vita than 3DS which is why so many niche Japanese companies are jumping onboard. I don't think that Sony even expects any million unit sellers to come any more.

Quote:
That's pretty bad news as it will come out around the time the PS4 launches. Sony will want to concentrate on the new console, so Tearaway will get lost in the marketing shuffle. The game still looks all sorts of awesome though. Killzone Mercenary is looking pretty amazing as well:

Nine things you might not know about Killzone: Mercenary
Old 2013-07-29, 12:40   Link #571
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It's pretty amazing how the Vita keeps on getting games announced for it even though it's mostly a dead console.
I still have confidence that Vita will pick-up its stride though. To me, Vita has always felt like a device that was launched a year too early, but had no choice but to launch anyway or be swept entirely by a 3DS monopoly + the eroding market of handheld gaming thanks to smartphones & tablets.

I still think that once Sony sorts out its cost-issues with that OLED and any internals to push the price & memory cost down further, release a redesign that's a lot more pocket-friendly, possibly even collaborating with their Sony Mobile division, they can at least do modestly well to at least have a 'decent' install base.

Quote:
Nintendo has most of those games locked down already. However, games that sell in the 40-100,000 copy range tend to do better on the Vita than 3DS which is why so many niche Japanese companies are jumping onboard. I don't think that Sony even expects any million unit sellers to come any more.
Yeah, 3DS has those locked down, so it's difficult. But I really like the fact that it's becoming the go-to device for the niche, smaller titles. It grants space for 'MH clones' like God Eater and Toukiden to exist healthily without being worried about getting destroyed, and they can push for better experiences and visuals due to the superior hardware, hopefully eroding the mindshare of the star titles.

With that being said, I still think Sony's going to attempt to try and get whatever 'high-profile' scraps they can get, even if it's sooner rather than later. And Sony can afford to play the waiting game, due to how solid the Vita hardware is.

IMO, the best thing about the Vita is that I think it has the potential to last in the market for a long time, and as attention diverts over the PS4, Vita would become the 2nd-best option when console game developers can't afford to make PS4 games or would like to recycle sub-PS3 era assets... I mean, devs can't stick with the 3DS recycling PS2-era assets forever... right?

Besides, Sony still haven't unleashed its ultimate weapon... Grand Turismo Vita.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2013-07-29, 12:45   Link #572
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
While the indie scene for Vita is looking good, I really want to have less port and many more new and big titles on the Vita. So far the only thing I bought is Soul Sacrifice, and mostly I just grab things from PS+.

Well, there is Dragon's Crown next week.
Old 2013-07-29, 13:53   Link #573
4Tran

Quote:
I still have confidence that Vita will pick-up its stride though. To me, Vita has always felt like a device that was launched a year too early, but had no choice but to launch anyway or be swept entirely by a 3DS monopoly + the eroding market of handheld gaming thanks to smartphones & tablets.

I still think that once Sony sorts out its cost-issues with that OLED and any internals to push the price & memory cost down further, release a redesign that's a lot more pocket-friendly, possibly even collaborating with their Sony Mobile division, they can at least do modestly well to at least have a 'decent' install base.
I think that the Vita was the wrong product at the wrong time. A huge chunk of people who were interested in mobile gaming have migrated to iOS and Android, and most of the rest have pitched in with the 3DS. There's just not much market left for the Vita to succeed in.

However, as a side effect of this, Vita is left with hardcore gamers who apparently buy a lot of games. I've heard as high as 10 games per unit. A solid, if small, market like that is enough to entice publishers, and there's still some potential for good games. Given its issues, I don't think that a price cut would help things substantially (I'd love a lower price on the memory cards though!). There should be a cut sometime in September-October, so we shall see.

Quote:
Yeah, 3DS has those locked down, so it's difficult. But I really like the fact that it's becoming the go-to device for the niche, smaller titles. It grants space for 'MH clones' like God Eater and Toukiden to exist healthily without being worried about getting destroyed, and they can push for better experiences and visuals due to the superior hardware, hopefully eroding the mindshare of the star titles.
That's sort of already happened. Outside of a few select titles, third-party 3DS games haven't performed all that well. This guy seems to know some inside figures:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=681

Quote:
As I've mentioned before, 3DS sales have been very poor for third parties. It is yet another first party machine... Far more than the DS was, which a lot of people made money on for years. Angry Birds is over 500k and its a couple hundred thousand above any other third party title last bothered to check. Sure it has a higher install base, but the Vita actually converts better software wise. Hell, AC Liberations is higher than all third party Wii u games too
I think that the Vita is in sort of a limbo state for Sony. It's not making a whole lot of money, but it isn't really losing much either. There's enough incentive to support it a bit, but not to the expense of taking resources away from the Ps4. Western publishers aren't really set up to make mobile games, but I expect that there'll be another Assassin's Creed game. On the other hand, Japanese developers seem to be slow to embrace the Vita, but the support seems to be pretty solid - 2014 looks to be the year when they transition from PSP to Vita. It's not a whole lot of support, but it's still something.

Quote:
Besides, Sony still haven't unleashed its ultimate weapon... Grand Turismo Vita.
I don't know if Sony will think that the Vita is important enough for that. They should want a PS4 version of GT6 out for Holiday 2014, and even the chance of a delay because of resources committed to a Vita version wouldn't be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
While the indie scene for Vita is looking good, I really want to have less port and many more new and big titles on the Vita. So far the only thing I bought is Soul Sacrifice, and mostly I just grab things from PS+.

Well, there is Dragon's Crown next week.
Prepare for a slew of hunting games!
Old 2013-07-29, 14:30   Link #574
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
A solid, if small, market like that is enough to entice publishers, and there's still some potential for good games. Given its issues, I don't think that a price cut would help things substantially (I'd love a lower price on the memory cards though!). There should be a cut sometime in September-October, so we shall see.
It won't help substantially, but Sony needs to be able to at least increase its pace in moving systems and at least spark 'some' extra interest in the market. In time, it needs to be priced affordably enough anyway that it makes sense to own it as a PS4 companion.

Quote:
I think that the Vita is in sort of a limbo state for Sony. It's not making a whole lot of money, but it isn't really losing much either. There's enough incentive to support it a bit, but not to the expense of taking resources away from the Ps4.
This is a problem with Sony on its own. Unlike Nintendo who actually has handheld-focused dev teams, Sony's studios are pretty much console game devs who occasionally have to make handheld because of smaller team/less budget.

Basically every core team in Sony is well-equipped to support console development, yet it means that at any time, Vita development can be halted for a more 'important' platform.

Quote:
I don't know if Sony will think that the Vita is important enough for that. They should want a PS4 version of GT6 out for Holiday 2014, and even the chance of a delay because of resources committed to a Vita version wouldn't be worth it.
Probably not anytime soon, but Sony will do it eventually, even if it's just a downport of PS3 GT6.

It took 5 years for the PSP to get its Gran Turismo after all.

Old 2013-07-29, 14:59   Link #575
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

I gotta ask then guys- which has it worse, the vita or the wii u ?

Old 2013-07-29, 15:30   Link #576
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
I still hold out hope that the Vita will receive the same fate as the PSP. Not a particularly showy support from the big high profile titles but quite a large number of smaller, more niche games that are just in line with the kind of things hardcore gamers pick up.

I think Sony made some very safe bets on the Vita that may take a couple more years to pay off: the system was assembled with mostly off-the-shelf components but has more than enough power to take on the 3DS and even the current crop of tablets and smartphones that are saddled with quite a bit of lowest common denominator targeting games (and will so remain for the foreseeable future).

I honestly believe that even with modest sales the Vita will pay itself off in quite a short time, in particular if the high number quoted of as much as 10 games per device holds up. And don't forget that the PSP is currently pure profit but still on the market with a really affordable price and a pretty big library of accessible games, that has to be helping not only Sony's bottom line but also the construction of a future Vita and PS4 player-base.

Video game systems are marathons, not sprints. That's a lesson Sony proved with the PS3 and Sega failed to understand (or couldn't afford) with the Dreamcast.

Quote:
Honestly I think the Wii U is looking worse than the Vita right now. The latter at least has some pretty cool exclusives like Persona 4: Golden and Soul Sacrifice while the Nintendo system is still waiting for most of the big guns. However Sony needs to help the Vita get some more system movers and so far I don't see much of those games outside of Japan. The Wii U on the other hand has all it's cards yet to play (Smash Bros, Mario Kart, etc).

EDIT: also, while both systems are at present slightly too expensive for what they promise, the Vita, being assembled mostly from off-the-shelf parts, has a larger chance to see a price drop in the near future than the Wii U that is sadled with some particularly expensive hardware that may take quite some time to increase the profit margins of.
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 17:42   Link #577
Reality_Breaker

I remember everyone saying that the Vitas price was perfect before it released then a few complained and everyone started mimicking them, seriously the only thing I see that is remotely pricey is the Memory Cards. Games, they are there if they don't interest you don't say it doesn't have games, also why are people bitching (not calling out anyone in particular) about getting indie games? if this was XBLA or 3ds you would be praising them, it's more games, AAA title take time to make even on handhelds... unless you want another Black Ops Declassified.

Everyone likes to make comparisons with the 3ds, remember the 3ds lauch, right? it wasn't the games that saved it (which released in the holidays), it was that price drop Nintendo had (which pissed off early adopters, but it seems that if you whip out nostalgia even and call it an ambassador program that fixes everything), what 4, 6 months after release because the Vita was priced the same, I can't be the only one who noticed. If Sony had done the same and dropped the price early then everyone would be mad at them, especially the early adopters.

I think Sony should keep the price like it is until this holiday season, stop trying to cater to the shooter crowd with the Vita and star releasing jrpgs, action rpgs, etc. because Sony handhelds at least in my opinion are perfect for rpg experiences.
Old 2013-07-29, 17:50   Link #578
GrimJack

I love my Vita though I don't have to many game cards for it I do however have lots of games from my PS plus (both PS1 and Vita games)

I just wish some of the games from Japan would make there way over here (faster or at all) because they have a nice selection

two added bonuses are Youtube and Skype which I use a bit as well
Old 2013-07-29, 17:55   Link #579
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

At present I don't think I'll run out of games to play on my Vita, mostly because my playtime on it is limited to train rides to work and back

Finished Soul Sacrifice, Working on Post-game Muramasa, haven't even touched Gravity Rush and God Eater Burst yet.

Plus, the big one is still sitting on the bench- P4G

Old 2013-07-29, 18:23   Link #580
4Tran

Quote:
They're both in a lot of trouble. I think that the biggest difference is in how the two are treated by their respective companies. Sony is resigned to Vita's poor position, and they're maneuvering it into being a companion device for the PS4. Nintendo is still trying to turn the Wii U into a decent-selling platform.

Strictly speaking, I think that the Wii U is in the worse position. While there are a number of strong titles coming out, the most important of them aren't going to be out until sometime in 2014. Realistically, it has only until the end of 2013 to show real improvements or else the retailers will start dropping them. Even worse, it has gone from a system that only appeals to Nintendo fans to a system that will only have Nintendo games.

Sony doesn't have all that much expectation from the Vita any more, and yet there are still third parties coming out with new games for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I still hold out hope that the Vita will receive the same fate as the PSP. Not a particularly showy support from the big high profile titles but quite a large number of smaller, more niche games that are just in line with the kind of things hardcore gamers pick up.

I think Sony made some very safe bets on the Vita that may take a couple more years to pay off: the system was assembled with mostly off-the-shelf components but has more than enough power to take on the 3DS and even the current crop of tablets and smartphones that are saddled with quite a bit of lowest common denominator targeting games (and will so remain for the foreseeable future).

I honestly believe that even with modest sales the Vita will pay itself off in quite a short time, in particular if the high number quoted of as much as 10 games per device holds up. And don't forget that the PSP is currently pure profit but still on the market with a really affordable price and a pretty big library of accessible games, that has to be helping not only Sony's bottom line but also the construction of a future Vita and PS4 player-base.

Video game systems are marathons, not sprints. That's a lesson Sony proved with the PS3 and Sega failed to understand (or couldn't afford) with the Dreamcast.
Usually, we have a good idea of where a console will end up within 12 months of launch. The PS3 is an exception as Sony was willing to lose billions of dollars to repair its market position. Moreover, the PS3 was a system that lots of people wanted but who just didn't want to pay the original asking price. In the case of the Vita and the Wii U, I don't think that there are nearly as many potential buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Everyone likes to make comparisons with the 3ds, remember the 3ds lauch, right? it wasn't the games that saved it (which released in the holidays), it was that price drop Nintendo had (which pissed off early adopters, but it seems that if you whip out nostalgia even and call it an ambassador program that fixes everything), what 4, 6 months after release because the Vita was priced the same, I can't be the only one who noticed. If Sony had done the same and dropped the price early then everyone would be mad at them, especially the early adopters.
Were 3DS owners really mad at Nintendo? I have an ambassador unit, but I wasn't upset at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
I think Sony should keep the price like it is until this holiday season, stop trying to cater to the shooter crowd with the Vita and star releasing jrpgs, action rpgs, etc. because Sony handhelds at least in my opinion are perfect for rpg experiences.
That's already happening. There's Dragon's Crown, Toukiden, God Eater Burst 2, a couple of Disgaeas, Conception, Corpse Party, Danganronpa, Freedom Wars and so on. The Vita is only missing a full slate of Atlus titles, and they're known to be slow at jumping onto new game systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I love my Vita though I don't have to many game cards for it I do however have lots of games from my PS plus (both PS1 and Vita games)

I just wish some of the games from Japan would make there way over here (faster or at all) because they have a nice selection
I think that a large portion of the Japanese titles will come over to North America and Europe. The slate from the AAA Western publishers is pretty slim, so Sony will encourage all of their Japanese partners to localize their games. The fact that we're getting games like Danganronpa is a very good sign.

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv