AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-22, 02:37   Link #541
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I think the reason why Netero said the King's name, is because the next skill that he is going to use, if he has one, will kill him. And since he doesn't know if this next attack will finish off King, he is getting the name out of the way. Though really, this is simply speculation. If Netero ends up losing/dying, I can only think of Gon killing the King. I think Gon's raw power (ie jajaken's rock) is the strongest out of the hunters, and possibly the only thing that can damage him.

And as much as I wish to see the Spiders in action, I'm not counting on it, seeing just how much actions they've gotten so far. And as long as they are not directly threatened, they have no reason to risk their lives fight against the King.

Seriously though, more than anything else, I just want regular chapters again. When that loooong haitus was over, I thought finally! and then realized that it was only wetting my no-longer-present appetite...
I agree with you on this. But it's been ever since the beginning of this arc that I've been hoping we may get something reminiscent of the Greed Island arc. So far, there's nothing that could really compare to that even from Yu Yu Hakusho. I really hope something good happens later in this arc that'll get me to love this series again more than any other.

As for Netero, I also think he's on the brink of death. That's the reason he decided to say the King's name. As a final act, he is going to put in everything he's got left into taking the King down with him. I'm actually surprised that the fight's been dragged on for this long, not counting for the haitus. It's not like Togashi to do this normally. Despite that, it was nice to see a very experienced hunter in battle. And the only thing I don't like about the King is the fact he looks so much like Cell from DBZ.

What I'm more interested in right now, though, is Killua's fight with Palm and how the result of it will affect Gon.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 12:39   Link #542
DSDSSDWE
Blah

If Netero can still kill Meruem after all his other "failed" moves, I'm calling hax. He should be out of nen now. I doubt even if he did one of those "sacrifice my life (force) for one last move to attack you" attack that Meruem would actually die. He just took what was (likely) his most powerful attack with his remaining nen and he's still walking around like he simply took a punch in the face. Also, the fact that Netero said "I am not alone. Don't underestimate humans!" sounds like he's resigned to not defeating Meruem himself but instead have (the) others do it.

Currently, I don't see any of the hunters at the scene who can take Meruem. Although Pufu and Pitou are intimidated by Gon, it doesn't seem likely that he's stronger than Netero. Of course, there is the chance that a fully powered Gon/Killua tag team can take a weakened Meruem. But they won't be fully powered after Pitou/Palm is done with them.

Pufu doesn't seem like a "lots of nen" type, so it's possible that Knuckle's move works better on him than Yupi. On the other hand, Pufu is a smart tactician, so the idea of Knuckle being able to beat him even with his move seems unlikely. So assuming that Knuckle won't beat Pufu, and Killua will get some damage beating Palm, Gon is the only one left at full strength that could match Pitou.

Anyway, this fight doesn't seem to be winnable with the current number of hunters. Gon beating Pitou and Killua beating Palm are the only wins I see happening. The rest will lose, miserably. Yupi is also still roaming out there with lots of strength left. Actually, now that I'm still rambling, there's one killer combo that can change the entire outcome of the battle: Killua tagteaming with Meleoron. As an invisible, undetectable world class assassin, Killua can probably take out the guards himself if he gets close enough. Although that wouldn't be very satisfying from a more general point of view. So I don't think that will happen.
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 15:21   Link #543
fx_omar

hey why would killua fight palm didn\t she get her mind back after the talking killua said and she said that she will do anything to help gon????
fx_omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 15:57   Link #544
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fx_omar View Post
hey why would killua fight palm didn\t she get her mind back after the talking killua said and she said that she will do anything to help gon????
Snap!!!!!!!! I forgot!!!!
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 16:06   Link #545
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
If part of Pufu is fighting with Knuckle, and Yupi and the other half(or quarter or 1/8 or 7/8 or whatever) I think that Palm will end up fighting Pitou with Palm promising Gon something or another. Killua and Gon will go to fight the King, or maybe Killua will end up fighting Yupi and Gon fighting the King. This is assuming that no other hunters are just going to pop up. That would be awesome if Kuraprica would make a guest appearance because of hearing about Gon/Killua's incident with the ants or something.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 16:16   Link #546
fx_omar

but i don't think gon is letting palm fighting pito even if he was going to fight the king because of what pito did to kaito
Old 2010-02-22, 16:17   Link #547
fx_omar

so maybe palm fight yupi killua fight the king and gon fight pito and knuckle fight pofu and maybe netero help killua
Old 2010-02-22, 18:49   Link #548
DSDSSDWE
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx_omar View Post
What are you talking about? Killua sensed that Palm wasn't in her right mind and wouldn't tell her about Gon. Then Palm attacked Killua with the intent to kill him. That's the last thing we saw from their encounter (chapter 293). There's no reason to suddenly believe that they'll stop? Palm went crazy and there's no way Killua will trust her enough to let her near Gon. Who knows what she'll do. So Killua has no choice but to knock her out or something. I doubt he'll kill her, but Palm is obviously a lot stronger than before. It's possible that it's too dangerous for Killua to simply knock her out, but who knows.
Old 2010-02-22, 19:06   Link #549
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDSSDWE View Post
What are you talking about? Killua sensed that Palm wasn't in her right mind and wouldn't tell her about Gon. Then Palm attacked Killua with the intent to kill him. That's the last thing we saw from their encounter (chapter 293).
What are you talking about? Didn't you read chapter 294? fx_omar is right. Go read the chapter and see it yourself.
Old 2010-02-22, 20:05   Link #550
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

How would everyone react if Togashi decides to leave the king undefeated in the end but instead has him change his mind about ruling over humans? This would be based on some events dealing with his dying chess partner girl, gon, etc.

I'm interested to see where he goes with this, the King seems unbeatable by the current available opponents.
Old 2010-02-22, 22:55   Link #551
Key Board
Donut

I'm not sure how it is going to end.

But isn't a nuke coming soon? Wasn't the Hunter Association secret plan to have Netero lure the King towards a specific location and bombard it with nukes?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 05:18   Link #552
DSDSSDWE
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
What are you talking about? Didn't you read chapter 294? fx_omar is right. Go read the chapter and see it yourself.
OMG, I just realized I don't have chapter 294! Arg! I skipped a chap!

*goes to read*

Okies I read it. Sorry about that fx_omar, you're right. Ugh, that messes up my analysis before this one as well

Last edited by DSDSSDWE; 2010-02-23 at 05:39.
Old 2010-02-23, 09:51   Link #553
fx_omar

no problem but what chapter is the nukes plan said???
Old 2010-02-24, 10:40   Link #554
Kurapica

Bizef mentions an expected aerial bombing in chapter 285 and in chapter 290 Novu says that the King has been taken to "the appointed location" and consequently that the Royal Guards would be able to do nothing anymore. Additionally the Hunter Association has said that the Ants must be eliminated by any means possible so just flat out nuking them sounds like a pretty good failsafe especially now that Netero seems to have failed.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 12:15   Link #555
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Actually, a nuke seems confirmed in the latest spoilers of chapter 298.

Source:

913 名前:ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E [sage] 投稿日:2010/02/24(水) 18:39:16 ID:P8Xpi++FP

ネテロガリガリ

最後の技?爆弾に

爆弾の説明

その爆弾は低予算で驚くほどの殺傷能力を誇り
技術さえ確立してしまえば 短期間~~~~~

原爆のような状況。

プフ異変察知
ナックル、ガン見。
プフ顔半分虫化してる。

プフ王の元へ~~

王の生死は?で終わり。
説明ばっかりの内容です。
Old 2010-02-24, 17:18   Link #556
fx_omar

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post
Actually, a nuke seems confirmed in the latest spoilers of chapter 298.

Source:

913 名前:ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E [sage] 投稿日:2010/02/24(水) 18:39:16 ID:P8Xpi++FP

ネテロガリガリ

最後の技?爆弾に

爆弾の説明

その爆弾は低予算で驚くほどの殺傷能力を誇り
技術さえ確立してしまえば 短期間~~~~~

原爆のような状況。

プフ異変察知
ナックル、ガン見。
プフ顔半分虫化してる。

プフ王の元へ~~

王の生死は?で終わり。
説明ばっかりの内容です。
plz can anyone translate that???
Old 2010-02-24, 19:00   Link #557
Key Board
Donut

Spoiler:
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 20:51   Link #558
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Wow, at first I didn't like the idea of actually nuking the king. But having read the chapter I have to say Togashi really outdid himself in the execution of the Chairman's final ace in the hole. The look on the Pufus and Yupis face are awesome. Completely unaware that humans would be able to posses a power like the atom bomb. It was as I suspected anyway. I couldn't imagine Netero fighting the king without some sort of guarantee in case he was deafeated. And here we have it. A freaking a-bomb.

So what's next? I'm calling it like this: Yupi and Pufu find the king ripped up and dying. They rush him back to Pitou to heal, but she has already engaged with Gon (as well as Killua & Palm perhaps) and has possibly been defeated. The King will die next to Komugi whispering some retrospective words to sum up his short life. I can imagine one or two of the royal guards surviving. Pufu is a lost cause. He's too maniacal. Yupi seems (relatively) the most individualistic one.
Old 2010-02-24, 21:17   Link #559
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post
So what's next? I'm calling it like this: Yupi and Pufu find the king ripped up and dying. They rush him back to Pitou to heal, but she has already engaged with Gon (as well as Killua & Palm perhaps) and has possibly been defeated. The King will die next to Komugi whispering some retrospective words to sum up his short life. I can imagine one or two of the royal guards surviving. Pufu is a lost cause. He's too maniacal. Yupi seems (relatively) the most individualistic one.
More or less what I am expecting...unless, Kingy is truly just that powerful, that he only loses an arm or a leg, but is otherwise relatively okay (then again, unless Netero's final Nen attack is comparable to a small nuclear device, it does seem relatively unlikely the King could survive a nuclear strike).

Whatever the case, the arc seems closer than ever before. All that is left is to see Gon's rage and the encroaching conclusion.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 21:53   Link #560
Xion Valkyrie

I think this should be the end of the King arc. I'm sure Gon and co will stiff fight the guards and what not, but the King should die and that's it. If he can survive this nuke, then there's no way anyone else can beat him.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote