AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2011-12-03, 05:39   Link #1261
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why exactly is Hisoka helping Illumi anyways?
In the last chapter he clearly stated, that he want's Gon back to normal. IIRC Illumi's argument was "Killua will make his wish wrong" and "You might die too". But the same Illumi stated later, that Killua knows more about Alluka's power. IMO this makes the original argument void.
The way I see it he's there just in case Killua can't fulfil a request. He uses the words "if it's possible" to bring Gon back, and he emphasises the "if", so he's waiting to see what happens and whether Killua will be able to pull it off or not. In the meantime he's gonna kill some folks.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 07:20   Link #1262
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I instantly noticed that, as well. The characters making very Jojo-esque poses, Gotoh pretty much ripping off Gyro Zeppeli with his coins..... but hey, if you're gonna rip off someone, it may as well be from the best, right?

But hey, awesome chapter. I like how the granny butler was proud of Killua for managing to escape the others, though she's still hot on his tail. I wonder if he'll be forced to fight her after all, though that would be pretty darned difficult since he still has to protect Alluka from their brother.....

Also, I'm kinda starting to wonder if Hisoka would actually be able to keep up with Killua in speed? He was zipping around Gotoh pretty easily during their fight, after all.....
I thought the high speed was due to him using his ability as a bungee rope to facilitate fast movement?

But I'm impressed with how Togashi has managed to make Killua's previously pretty useless ability into something godly. At the start it was just used as a stun gun of sorts, but by using his electricity on himself, he gains godlike reflexes and speed. Kind of makes his yoyoz useless though.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 12:22   Link #1263
christinemarie
Best Imouto

With this chapter, Kurapika attained the lightning speed nen, the only reason the traitorous old butler whose loyalty favors Illumi managed to trail him is by disappearing after sacrificing one of his nails/finger on Alluka and somehow planted some sort of nen on him. The love for sister meter have increased, even Togashi can't help himself but accept it would be part of his manga from here on onwards.

Hisoka is way scary with his ability to reflect those coins by Gotou all at once, and somehow can use the bungee to speed up, I wonder how he would betray Illumi later.

Spoiler for Connect the dots:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 12:59   Link #1264
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
With this chapter, Kurapika attained the lightning speed nen, the only reason the traitorous old butler whose loyalty favors Illumi managed to trail him is by disappearing after sacrificing one of his nails/finger on Alluka and somehow planted some sort of nen on him. The love for sister meter have increased, even Togashi can't help himself but accept it would be part of his manga from here on onwards.

Hisoka is way scary with his ability to reflect those coins by Gotou all at once, and somehow can use the bungee to speed up, I wonder how he would betray Illumi later.

Spoiler for Connect the dots:
No offense meant, but lots of errors:
I think you mean Killua obtained lightning speed.
The old butler is loyal to Killua's grandfather (I think) not Illumi. And I don't think she/he is tracking based on nen ability implanted.
Old 2011-12-07, 02:16   Link #1265
marvelB

Okay now, the next spoiler summary's out. Now, it hasn't been 100% guaranteed to be legit so far, but the content sounds genuine enough, so let's give it a shot:

Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 09:24   Link #1266
mrShady

Damn Togashi wtf kind of vacation did you go on....
Sounds damn awesome and just as unpredictable as before.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 09:29   Link #1267
Key Board
Donut

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-07, 11:04   Link #1268
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

if the rule about targetting other hunters were true, then Leorio needs to be taken out too.

Not to mention the executors of the order would be contravening the rule too since they woiuld be punishing for a crime instead of preventing a crime. Though of course they would get exemptions.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:11   Link #1269
kakakka

Targeting in a sense of hunting, threatening them etc.

Simple punch shouldn't be big of a deal.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 11:30   Link #1270
Key Board
Donut

It seems to me the issue that Illumi is manipulating all those people for a personal reason

And Hunters aren't allowed to do that unless it is mission related or preventing another Hunter from committing a "serious" crime
Old 2011-12-07, 11:40   Link #1271
kakakka

The present scanlt are confusing.

I guess this is it where the two story will start to converge.
Old 2011-12-07, 12:03   Link #1272
marvelB

^Indeed, the two separate storylines are about to connect, after all. I mean heck, Morau even confirmed that Gon's hospital is right next to the freaking hunters HQ! And now that some of those candidates will be involved in the fight against Illumi, it looks like we'll have to be prepared for the very real possibility that some of them will be permanently dropped from the ballot.....

BTW, I wonder how long it will be until the zodiacs get involved in this battle, as well.....?
Old 2011-12-07, 12:13   Link #1273
Key Board
Donut

not to mention that Killua broke all the rules regarding Alluka, already
Old 2011-12-07, 12:20   Link #1274
kakakka

Yeah noticed that too.

I think the zodiacs will get involved when that airship lands. I can imagine there'll be fighting the zodiac's will be curious to see if it concerns the election. (Or maybe not)

Or they'll be involved when they found out about Alluka's ability, just like how it was speculated that Pariston will also learn of it. They will try to get her first before Pariston.

Last edited by kakakka; 2011-12-07 at 12:50. Reason: LOL mispelled
Old 2011-12-07, 12:21   Link #1275
marvelB

Oh, that reminds me: Granny butler's ability to turn into a motorcycle is awesome! It also looks like her granddaughter is a bit of a tsundere..... heh. I'm actually sort of starting to wonder if even the granny will betray her master's wishes for Killua's sake.....
Old 2011-12-07, 12:39   Link #1276
kakakka

Oh yeah, I kinda remember seeing the Granny as a Blimp. Hahaha, I guess that's fake.
Old 2011-12-07, 16:59   Link #1277
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Does this count as a death flag for the grand-daughter?
Old 2011-12-07, 17:11   Link #1278
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Granny turning into a motorcycle was hilarious... and pretty awesome.

I didn't expect to see the new characters in action so soon. The next few weeks should be very interesting (just as the previous ones have been ).
Old 2011-12-07, 21:04   Link #1279
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i guess morel saying "a big brother would do that to his younger brother...!?" really confirms alluka beign a boy...
Old 2011-12-08, 01:41   Link #1280
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Somehow i kinda fall in love with Amane haha.. Nice work Togashi for slowly developing Amane's personality. Starting with somewhat bad appearances, but slowly showing her positive side.. and even her cute side too.

And i think i juz saw someone like Jotaro Kujoh..