AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-03-15, 10:03   Link #1501
kakakka

Well, I don't think he'll join right away. He's "interested", as in he wants to check it out.

But yeah, it's two ways for me. If what is keeping Ging from going to outside is the V5, he either: join Beyond and go outside; or not and just wait for his requirements to be fulfilled. Because if it's just going out there, Ging could have just made his way there long time ago, but he didn't. There's something in V5 that Ging wants to know. But we know Beyond is giving a way out by ignoring V5, and possibly knows what Ging wanted to know to get to Outside, so Ging might actually take advantage of this.

Last edited by kakakka; 2012-03-15 at 10:22.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 10:17   Link #1502
marvelB

^Yeah, that's pretty much how I'd interpret Ging's situation, as well. I mean, that person with the glasses in Beyond's group had even detailed the entire procedure necessary in order to gain W5's permission to go to the "dark continent". At least joining Beyond provides a better opportunity than going through years of tedious paperwork just for the possibility of being granted approval to travel to the outside world.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 11:40   Link #1503
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Hiatus, yet again. I thought he was well enough to actually consistently draw now, but I guess my hopes were too high. Maybe I should be happy that I can expect a nice arc when it does comes back...
Old 2012-03-15, 12:12   Link #1504
grecefar

leaving the son of netero and then put an hiatus, nice one. I have to admit that I didn't see that coming (I mean netero son)
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 15:49   Link #1505
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
My bad, that thing about Kurapica turned out to be a fake spoiler (though the hiatus news is very much true, sadly). Anyhow:

Spoiler:
I'm quite surprised Pariston joined too. I can never tell what's going on inside that guy's head, and I love it. Can't wait to find out what he's scheming... in a few years.
Old 2012-03-15, 18:02   Link #1506
Excelion

My money's on him being a Netero clone, or a shapeshifting creature that Netero met in the outside world. Beyond Netero's desire might be to take these hunters to the outside world where they get coerced or converted into working for whoever lives there, and starting a war on the regular world.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 20:26   Link #1507
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Yeah, that's pretty much how I'd interpret Ging's situation, as well. I mean, that person with the glasses in Beyond's group had even detailed the entire procedure necessary in order to gain W5's permission to go to the "dark continent". At least joining Beyond provides a better opportunity than going through years of tedious paperwork just for the possibility of being granted approval to travel to the outside world.....
I will be greatly disappointed if Ging takes the easy way out and join Beyond Netero's group. Ging is a selfish person who likes to do things his own way, but not to follow someone who has the same goal. The fact that Pariston is plotting something inside Beyond Netero's group further eliminates the possibility. The two cannot work together.

It has been repeated many times in the story that Ging is a very powerful person, with influence that rivals the head of a state. Beyond Netero's group basically breaks the rules upheld my the entire world. With such a sudden change of situation, I can see Ging able to wield his influence and create an opportunity for himself.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 22:52   Link #1508
kakakka

I dunno if joining Beyond is taking the easy way out in a disappointing way. While Ging is selfish, he is also opportunist; he is someone I can say that will grab opportunity if it arises. I don't think he's not into cooperation either (his past works are thanks to people contributing to the same effort). Joining also does not mean he becomes a "subordinate". We all know Pariston is still his own man even if you put him anywhere; Ging, his rival, should not be that different. Also, this is also a way for him to keep a close watch on Pariston. Ging's someone who, I imagine, is not going to limit his options and keep himself out of something so important.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:12   Link #1509
chikkychappy

^thing is, ging is not motivated enough. he already said two chapters ago that he's enjoying his journey and is in no rush. so if he goes out of his way to join beyond (even at the risk of fighting the zodiac), it'll be contradicting what he said.

i think ging will play some role in this, but not to join netero.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 08:50   Link #1510
kakakka

From what it looks like, the V5's restriction is keeping Ging's progress at bay. If a slow procedure is the only close option for Ging at the time, there's no doubt he couldn't force some progress that much. If Beyond is providing an option, it still worth checking out.
Old 2012-03-16, 13:06   Link #1511
christinemarie
Best Imouto

Since the author has announced a hiatus (I hope it's only one week, and not five months, or even a year.)
After this chapter,
Pariston's ambition is to take over the world by using the technologies and those aliens such as the Ants, and the sole reason for joining Beyond Netero's group is to achieve something that Ging already accomplished. It seems the X day that Ging mentioned to Cheadle several chapters ago would have something to do with it.
I bet Ging already went there before and luckily came out alive and gained something there which he probably used to make the Greed Island possible.
The Zodiacs would probably recruit some Hunters like Gon that would journey to that place to stop Beyond Netero.
How Togashi would add the Phantom Troupe and Kurapica in this new "One Piece-like" arc?

Hoping for the best.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 14:12   Link #1512
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Since the author has announced a hiatus (I hope it's only one week, and not five months, or even a year.)

Considering how long all the previous hiatuses were, I wouldn't even hold my breath hoping for one as short short as a week. I'd nail down about 5/6 months being the minimum amount of time to wait before Togashi gets his rear back in gear.....

Anyhow, I'm kinda surprised nobody else brought up the possibility of Kurapica joining the zodiacs. I mean, I'd say they're the next-best people to go to outside of the mafia for leads on the whereabouts of his clan's eyes and the Ryodan (I mean, Mizaistom alone is specifically titled a crime hunter, is he not?). Undoubtedly the conditions to join with them would be high indeed, but I'd think the benefits would be worth all the obstacles that need to be cleared in order to join their ranks.....

Oh, and I forgot to mention it before, but I found it highly amusing that the tiger dude was unaware of the lost continent, despite being a world-class hunter. I mean, I knew he was already implied to be dim during the election arc, but I guess being a muscle-head was pretty much the sole reason he became a zodiac at all, huh?
Old 2012-03-17, 10:02   Link #1513
kakakka

It's a day late, but...

Isn't the zodiacs netero's personal doing? I dunno if they can recruit someone into zodiacs if the one who made it out of personal reasons is dead. But then again, the zodiacs are holding on to their titles from the looks of it, so they might?

Also, about Kurapica. I dunno if the zodiacs will accept him open arms. The guy is in underground business. His shady background will make it hard for him to get the acceptance from the other zodiacs. I also dunno if he'll get any easy access to his clan's eyes if the owners have huge backing from the higher authorities. In the underground, he can pull some strings from the shadows, but in the zodiacs, one suspicious move can work against you; we see how the zodiacs check on each other and it is possible they can turn against each other. That's one additional mess Kurapica wouldn't want to be in.
Old 2012-03-17, 12:49   Link #1514
marvelB

BTW, concerning the hiatus, this was what Togashi said in the author comments for this chapter. Credit goes to Bomber D. Rufi from Mangahelpers for translation:

Quote:
朗報 巻末コメント
TOC comment: Good news.

ヒキがヒキなので早めに戻ってきたいです。
I'd like to return pretty soon.

短い休載で有ってくれ!!
Please let it be a short hiatus!!

30巻は4/4発売
Volume 30 on April 4th.

Amusing that even Togashi apparently hopes for a short hiatus, but for those of us who have been following the series for a long time now should know, it's pretty much best to take those words with a grain of salt by this point.

Oh well, I still look forward to seeing the zodiacs finally getting into action once the break is over....
Old 2012-06-29, 10:54   Link #1515
noktown

Why is he going on hiatuses so often ?Health issues ?(hope not).
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 11:19   Link #1516
K. Shiruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Why is he going on hiatuses so often ?Health issues ?(hope not).
Dragon Quest.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 13:43   Link #1517
Clarste
Human

I believe the official story is health issues, but since we don't have any details people like to make fun of him.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 15:08   Link #1518
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

somewhere i readed it was heart issues, but the thing with dragon quest is very valid specially how the hiatus coincided with the DQX beta.
Old 2012-06-29, 15:26   Link #1519
marvelB

I keep saying it again and again.... DQ Syndrome is Togashi's illness. And the sad thing is that as long as DQ exists, there's little hope of a cure.....
Old 2012-07-06, 20:21   Link #1520
Vicious108

Speaking of DQ Syndrome, with the new Sailor Moon anime there'll probably be even less of a reason for Togashi to continue working. Let's hope it doesn't extend the hiatus any longer.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote