AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-17, 11:52   Link #1581
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Personally I just think his creativity is slow. Coupled with the fact that he already makes plenty of money without doing anything for it, results in hiatus.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 13:57   Link #1582
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Putting all my past silly answers aside, my guess is that sadly, Togashi doesn't care for his series as much as his fans do. Not trying to bash him here since his writing can be amazing when he actually puts in some effort, but the fact that he takes so much time off in the first place really says a lot here (case in point: If you don't count that recent Kurapica story he did a few months back, it's been a full year since his current hiatus). I can only assume that he's somehow able to keep a job at SJ because the series is a top-seller, and his bosses are too reluctant to let go of their precious cash cow (otherwise, he could have quit already, since he's already wealthy enough to be set for life). Again, I know it's sad, but that makes the most sense to me.



Even sadder is that despite the fact that I realize this, I'm STILL waiting to get my HxH fix. I guess I'm just a HxH crack whore like that.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 13:59   Link #1583
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
If you were a crack whore you'd be more impatient probably.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 17:01   Link #1584
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^Must.... have..... Nen! Require..... more.... walls of text that explain characters' actions in minute detail! But.... need... most of all.... chapters that look like they were drawn by a six year old!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 17:23   Link #1585
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
You know, I've never understood why he just doesn't get someone else to draw the thing for him. That would solve all the problems, plus give him time to do whatever he likes.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 17:53   Link #1586
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
He'd still have to write the damn thing. Unless you want him to subcontract that, too?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 18:02   Link #1587
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He'd still have to write the damn thing. Unless you want him to subcontract that, too?
I'm sure it would take less time if he just wrote it, as opposed to writing and drawing it.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 18:07   Link #1588
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Sure, but try to look at it from his point of view. He can either:
- make some HxH. Not necessarily all of it, as you suggested, but he'd still need to spend some time and energy doing it. In that case, he gets what he wants.
- do nothing at all. In that case, he... still gets what he wants. Because, as far as we can tell, he wants nothing but what he already has.

Bottom line: he'll do what he wants, when he wants. Hopefully someday it'll mean "make more HxH", but don't hold your breath.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 14:10   Link #1589
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
I've heard from the president of a French manga publishing company that he's got a blood disease. I don't know who exactly he got that information from.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 07:30   Link #1590
Valid
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Since I don't think I can post this in the anime thread it should be able to go here
More scans from the latest Jump of Chimera Ant Arc. Credits to Heiji at Mangahelpers
Spoiler for picture:

Looking goood
__________________
Valid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 14:11   Link #1591
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
See? It's happening!

Wait, it Nefelpitou actually female?
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 14:30   Link #1592
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
See? It's happening!

Wait, it Nefelpitou actually female?
I partly didn't believe it either, but props to those who had faith.

and NO SHIT Dude! Gotta lay off those strange doujins.
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 14:39   Link #1593
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Well I did think Nefelpitou was female before, but then everyone started treating him/her as male and I was like huh? So seeing those shapes I was like "Yeah there is no doubt Nefelpitou can't be male".
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 17:24   Link #1594
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Pitou is male. Just like Kurapica, Kalluto, and (probably) Alluka. Togashi loves his traps.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 17:31   Link #1595
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^That reminds me: I always thought it would be hilarious if Yupi turned out to be the lone female of the 3 royal guards. I just like the idea of the irony of the only masculine-looking ant of the trio turning out to be butch.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 02:27   Link #1596
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Pitou is male. Just like Kurapica, Kalluto, and (probably) Alluka. Togashi loves his traps.
But... The shapes... He/she has hips! He/she lacks muscles! He/she has a bust!
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 07:04   Link #1597
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's an ant. It's not a male and it's not a queen, so it's neuter.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 12:21   Link #1598
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Good point. Which means we can refer to her however we want.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 14:32   Link #1599
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's an ant. It's not a male and it's not a queen, so it's neuter.
Similarly to honey bee's where all the worker is female with a queen bee. Male's usually are breed during the right season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Good point. Which means we can refer to her however we want.
Bro, its a she, there no way those curves are deceiving us!
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 15:29   Link #1600
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Bro, its a she, there no way those curves are deceiving us!
The other ants - including the Royal Guards who lack the feminine curves - are the same gender, though. Neuter. Females with undeveloped sex organs.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.