AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2011-07-09, 23:37   Link #101
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

First episodes aired late, and they're first episodes. Too early to judge based on this week - and DVD/BD is much more important anyway. I don't expect either to do the gangbuster business AnoHana is doing, but it's too early to say.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 23:45   Link #102
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'll honestly be surprised if one of them breaks 5k.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 05:49   Link #103
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Agreed. Besides the fact that BONES seems to have a curse with disc sales, the only noitaminA series to sale well since Tatami Galaxy is AnoHana, which broke the trend for obvious reasons. Neither No.6 or Usagi Drop have what's needed to sale well. The only upcoming noitaminA series with a chance to sale well is Guilty Crown. At the very least, let's hope the ratings don't go as low as Fractale/Musuko.
Old 2011-07-10, 07:09   Link #104
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Well, where there is despair and darkness, there is always spec of light and hope.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-2764.html

noitaminA head producer saying at a noitaminA seminar that they might start increasing 2-cour productions in the slot.

This is my own personal speculah, but I think this will probably start with Guilty Crown and UN-GO in the fall. Which is great, since it means they've learned they can't fit sci-fi otaku series into 11 episodes. That said, this puts us even further away from the noitaminA of old (not that I mind, I'm not a fan of most shoujo romances anyway).

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-07-10 at 07:25.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 07:48   Link #105
cyth
ふひひ

Other points that article mentions:
  • 2ch sales figures are bullshit, as they state only early harvest (not to mention they cover only Oricon)
  • Graveyard Kitaro delivered sales on backorder
  • Nodame did at least 3 times what was posted on 2ch
  • Noitamina used to be fine if it got good audience ratings, but it's not like that anymore, they need sales too
  • Producer Yamamoto likes Infinite Stratos
Old 2011-07-10, 08:13   Link #106
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

^ "Early harvest"? Do sales really boost that much in subsequent weeks? I get that Oricon doesn't report the entire sales since they don't have every single chain reporting to them, but they have to be a good indication of whether a series is successful or not because more often than not stuff that does not sale from Oricon reportings don't get second seasons or continuing media pushes. They may under-report successful series, but it doesn't change the fact it's still a good indicator of what's successful and what's not.
Old 2011-07-10, 08:34   Link #107
cyth
ふひひ

^My take on it is that Oricon+Manabi is a closed benchmark system and should be left alone. It's been used for so long now that taking other numbers into consideration would harm its consistency. Still, in terms of raw numbers it's bullshit; taking it as sacrosanct would be a bit much. I mean, Wings of Honneamise took 10 years or something like that to recoup its costs, Oricon only takes into consideration the first couple of weeks.
Old 2011-07-10, 15:34   Link #108
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
^My take on it is that Oricon+Manabi is a closed benchmark system and should be left alone. It's been used for so long now that taking other numbers into consideration would harm its consistency. Still, in terms of raw numbers it's bullshit; taking it as sacrosanct would be a bit much. I mean, Wings of Honneamise took 10 years or something like that to recoup its costs, Oricon only takes into consideration the first couple of weeks.
Yeah, would be too labour intensive for Oricon to collect numbers on everything indefinetely.

The companies themselves are likely to have more precise numbers, but of course they aren't going to just hand those numbers out
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 23:57   Link #109
totoum
Backstop

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
[*]Producer Yamamoto likes Infinite Stratos
So when will NoitaminA's first harem air?

And also,I guess slightly off topic but with NoitaminA talking about increasing 2 cour production,is it just me or are 2 cour animes making a comeback this year after having seemed on the path to extinction these past couple of years?
Old 2011-07-12, 00:51   Link #110
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Well, there are definitely a lot more 2-cour productions this year, as well as more original anime. We'll have to wait to see how next year goes before we can say this is an upward trend or 2011 was just a lucky year.
Old 2011-07-13, 06:05   Link #111
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
So when will NoitaminA's first harem air?

And also,I guess slightly off topic but with NoitaminA talking about increasing 2 cour production,is it just me or are 2 cour animes making a comeback this year after having seemed on the path to extinction these past couple of years?
This is the reason why a lot of anime last year sucked or didn't get to become awesome. There wan't a lot of 2-cours. This year has quite a boost in 2-cours though and it feel like we are going back to the 2007 era.
Old 2011-08-21, 11:25   Link #112
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Appears noitamina is a on a roll again with Usagi Drop. According to the TV ratings thread, Usagi drop is getting around a 2% reception rating which is pretty good. It's also one of the more popular DVD/blu-rays that are being pre-ordered out of this season.

Don't hear much of No.6 though. Anyone got statistics for that (ratings, DVD preorder figures etc)?
Old 2011-08-22, 05:56   Link #113
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

So the Black Rock Shooter anime is going to air on Noitamina. Please somebody tell me that it's only a nightmare. I've think I've just lost all respect I ever had for this thing. I should probably just quit watching anime altogether.
fanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 07:49   Link #114
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou

What? What's wrong with Noitamina and Black Rock Shooter?
You haven't seen even a word of summary of the anime project.
Log Horizon, Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens from Fall 2013.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 192. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 08:48   Link #115
cyth
ふひひ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
What? What's wrong with Noitamina and Black Rock Shooter?
You haven't seen even a word of summary of the anime project.
If you had bothered to read the thread you probably would have noticed why this announcement comes off as unfavorable to many. With the announcement, Noitamina has basically extinguished all hope for those of us who wanted Noitamina to continue housing deviant or different anime projects - it's become a typical otaku-muke program block now.
Old 2011-08-22, 09:16   Link #116
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou

I actually never think Noitamina is a haven for deviant anime series.
It's just another anime series timeslot for me.

EDIT: Well I'll be darned. Black Rock Shooter is going to be the very first Noitamina show I'm actually anticipating.

Old 2011-08-22, 09:25   Link #117
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Awesome, we've destroyed the heretics and extinguish their flames of revolt.

With Deviant Anime Threat all but rooted out, the Otaku Anime Empire can finally claim undisputed control over all of 2D!
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 09:36   Link #118
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Calm down guys. noitaminA has had Otakucentric stuff before. What about Fractale?

Though I'll admit, Black Rock Shooter is setting a new precedent... But maybe it won't be as Otaku as we think it will be? Right? eh....

Though I have to admit, though I like the sound of it, Guilty Crown seems kind of Otaku too...

Un-go is based on a Meiji era novel though, so ....
Old 2011-08-22, 09:38   Link #119
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou

We don't even know the story yet. Remember — those who question Black Rock Shooter on Noitamina — the anime series is based on a concept, not a form of media with an inherent plot. Unless the plot is already released, we can't say if it is truly otaku "pandering".

Old 2011-08-22, 09:54   Link #120
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Indeed. Ordet is set to produce it, so that makes it pretty likely Yutaka Yamamoto will be at the head of this. Now I think we can all agree he's had at best mixed results in his last projects (*cough* Fractale), but I think he's shown himself to not really be an Otaku Panderer.

Black Rock Shooter may be yet another massive troll on his part. No real way of knowing.

Though I'm surprised noitaminA picked it up. They must have given Fuji Television a mighty good pitch to pull it off.