AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-08-22, 09:59   Link #121
cyth
ふひひ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Calm down guys. noitaminA has had Otakucentric stuff before. What about Fractale?
Considering Yamakan's dissent for moe anime, nobody expected it would turn out the way it did. They had creative struggles on that project anyway, so it wasn't planned and thus not a very good example of when Noitamina "went south." But I think the block slowly started testing new ground with Shiki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
We don't even know the story yet.
If it's anything like the OVA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Maybe Noitamina's focus in claiming a lot otaku-centric shows these days to stay afloat?
Correct. What I gathered from Yamamoto P, the TV ad business has changed and so must the program block. Still, too bad.
Old 2011-08-22, 10:26   Link #122
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Anime is in a state of flux anyway. It's understandeable that noitaminA is having to find new ways to stay afloat.

I just hope that in doing so they don't become like every other Anime block. noitaminA is about the only programming block that anyone actually recognises. For everything else we don't really care what channel or time it's airing at.

I hope various companies experimentation with online efforts bears fruit. TV (as we know it) won't be around forever.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 14:32   Link #123
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Though I'll admit, Black Rock Shooter is setting a new precedent... But maybe it won't be as Otaku as we think it will be? Right? eh....

Though I have to admit, though I like the sound of it, Guilty Crown seems kind of Otaku too...
Yes, NitroPlus and Good Smile Company are involved with the Guilty Crown project, so the marketing machine is already under way.

Compared to previous noitaminA shows, a big difference with BRS and Guilty Crown is that otaku are explicitly targeted.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 19:23   Link #124
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Considering Yamakan's dissent for moe anime, nobody expected it would turn out the way it did. They had creative struggles on that project anyway, so it wasn't planned and thus not a very good example of when Noitamina "went south." But I think the block slowly started testing new ground with Shiki.
"Went south" for you is heaven for me. noitaminA has been better the past 2 seasons than it has in the past 2 years. With Guilty Crown, BRS, and UN-GO in the pipeline things are only looking up. It's clear that they're not only "otaku pandering" as some of you call it, but they're also putting a much heavier focus on producing original anime. Between winter '11 and winter '12, noitaminA will have produced 6 original anime, out of 9 produced anime in total. If we get that in exchange for getting rid of relatively boring slice of life romances and weird "artistic" adaptations then I'll gladly except that exchange. For the record, I don't count Usagi Drop in the latter category because it clearly has otaku appeal.
Old 2011-08-22, 19:37   Link #125
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

By the way, DonQuig, just a heads-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime News Network article on Noitamina BRS Anime
Yutaka Yamamoto, the supervisor of the Black Rock Shooter video anime and the founder of Ordet, reported on his Twitter account on Friday that the new project is not his.
So nope, there will be no 883-sensei this time around.
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 20:26   Link #126
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
By the way, DonQuig, just a heads-up.

So nope, there will be no 883-sensei this time around.
Interesting. Still, I'd say his influence in the studio is still pretty heavy.

However it turns out, we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2011-08-23, 07:12   Link #127
totoum
Gamer

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Does the fact that BRS is the only winter show that's been announced confirm one of the fall shows is 2 cour or has the other winter show not been announced yet?

As for BRS,if they get a good staff and give us some kind of good dark post apocalyptic action anime (for example) I don't care if the heroine is a cute girl otakus are crazy about.
Old 2011-08-23, 09:16   Link #128
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Does the fact that BRS is the only winter show that's been announced confirm one of the fall shows is 2 cour or has the other winter show not been announced yet?
Your guess is as good as mine. It might seem a bit surprising that the possible second show wasn't announced at the same time... but if you take Fractale and Hourou Musuko, for instance, they were announced months apart, so maybe the production is just more advanced for BRS right now.

I personally took the single announcement as yet another hint pointing towards 2 cours for Guilty Crown. *shrug*
Old 2011-08-23, 10:21   Link #129
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Guilty Crown seems like it would need 2 cours. Action series very seldom only have a single cours.

1 cours is usually reserved for more "Niche" stuff with a greater density of storytelling.
Old 2011-10-17, 07:29   Link #130
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Anyone have figures for the TV Ratings for Guilty Crown and Un-go?
Old 2011-10-17, 07:41   Link #131
cyth
ふひひ

2.6% for the first week
Old 2011-10-17, 07:56   Link #132
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so hat is the situation. better or worser
Old 2011-10-17, 09:18   Link #133
cyth
ふひひ

Depends on future sales, but TV viewer-wise it's not even close to shoujo shows of the past.
Old 2011-10-17, 13:55   Link #134
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
so hat is the situation. better or worser
Katapan has a complete set of ratings since the start of the hour-long version here. karice67 posted this set of averages for each show since noitaminA began (taken from 2ch).

Prior to expanding to a full hour, noitaminA shows averaged ratings in the 3.5-4.5% range. Since then, ratings of 2.5% have been the norm.

What I find most troubling is the comparatively poor ratings for Usagi Drop/Number 6 in Katapan's data. Of all the recent noitaminA offerings, Usagi Drop seemed the closest to shows like Hataraki Man or Nodame in terms of themes and presentation. Not having separate ratings for the two shows makes direct comparisons difficult, of course, but even if Usagi Drop polled better than the combined figure for the two shows, it's still probably not drawing more than a 2.2-2.4% rating.

That suggests to me that the original noitaminA audience of older teen and young adult women aren't a reliable audience for the slot any longer.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2011-10-17 at 14:16.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 15:44   Link #135
totoum
Gamer

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Aren't TV ratings down in general for everyone compared to a few years ago?Or is it just a NoitaminA problem?
Old 2011-10-18, 00:44   Link #136
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Aren't TV ratings down in general for everyone compared to a few years ago?Or is it just a NoitaminA problem?
noitaminA since airing 2 show at time is also have the airing schedule more later (close to midnight IIRC)

That making the rating goes down and not suited to their previous audience (casual watcher n mostly women)

I wonder that point is why noitaminA changing their mindset lately.

They can think like this.

"screw it, let make otaku show, only otaku that will watch in this kind of schedule anyway"
Old 2011-10-18, 09:00   Link #137
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

From what I heard it aired a little bit later than usual. Same thing happened to Usagi Drop and No.6 in their first episodes and they got 1.3%.
Old 2011-10-18, 09:51   Link #138
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I believe that's true in general. However what's striking in the time-series data for noitaminA is the rather abrupt decline that begins with Trapeze and continues after Nodame Finale with the beginning of the full-hour format. Trapeze might have disappointed other Nakamura Kenji fans like myself who were looking for something more like Mononoke. Whether that was enough in and of itself to suppress noitaminA viewing is obviously an open question.
Old 2011-10-27, 12:01   Link #139
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Since it was announced that Black Rock Shooter (a show I'm not thrilled to see on the NotaminA block anyway) is only going to be 8 episodes, it begs the question - is the NoitaminA block itself switching to an even more restrictive 8-episode format? Is Guilty Crown confirmed for 22 episodes, or might it perhaps be 19?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 14:12   Link #140
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Since it was announced that Black Rock Shooter (a show I'm not thrilled to see on the NotaminA block anyway) is only going to be 8 episodes, it begs the question - is the NoitaminA block itself switching to an even more restrictive 8-episode format? Is Guilty Crown confirmed for 22 episodes, or might it perhaps be 19?
It's probably just specifically for BRS...if GC were only 19 episodes it wouldn't run into March.