AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-31, 19:26   Link #1
Muira
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Sports anime

It's been awhile since I've looked, but is there anything out there that I haven't seen that's worth a look at?

Seen:
Cross Game - simply awesome
Overdrive - too bad there isn't a sequel to this
Major - I've seen ~100 episodes; left off at ~5-6 eps. in the 5th season
Hajime no ippo - seen both the first and new challenger
Slam Dunk - old school classic
Prince of Tennis - kind of long, but got through it
Whistle - saw it awhile back; was decent iirc

Probably missing some others that I've seen and haven't noted above, but looking for any suggestions that you guys/gals might have.

TIA

Last edited by Muira; 2011-01-31 at 19:51.
Muira is offline  
Old 2011-01-31, 20:24   Link #2
HimOsiris
第六隊隊長-Dai roku tai taichō
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Zealand
Although u seen best of them, i mean cross game and ippo. You can try these
Bamboo Blade - About kendo
Ookiku Furikabutte - or Big Windup! in English - Its about baseball.
Shion no Oh - shougi( Japanese chess)
Initial D - street racing with cars. Its good.
Over Drive - cycling
Air Gear - kind of sport.. skating maybe
Eyeshield 21 - american football

Some Old ones: Old as in 1980-1995 with poor character art.
Ashita no Joe - Boxing
Touch - baseball
Captain Tsubasa - soccer.
Slam Dunk - basketball (1993)
__________________
Kiseki wa ichido dake hassei, niido wa nai.
HimOsiris is offline  
Old 2011-01-31, 21:03   Link #3
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Air Gear - skating in future you could say.
Bamboo Blade - kendo
Suzuka - track team though series are more concentrated on romance but still have some nice sport moments since main heroin is a proffesional jumper in high and the guy appears to be a good runner.

Sadly that's all I watched myself so far... need to increase the list.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2011-01-31, 21:09   Link #4
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Capeta - excellent series about motor sports.
Giant Killing - professional soccer (football) in every aspect of the business.
Guardian Enzo is online now  
Old 2011-01-31, 22:41   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Basquash has giant robots that play basketball. They wear Nikes, too. You'll see why if you watch it. I only watched an episode or two so I can't really tell you how good it is.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline  
Old 2011-02-02, 16:25   Link #6
Muira
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HimOsiris View Post
Although u seen best of them, i mean cross game and ippo. You can try these
Bamboo Blade - About kendo
Ookiku Furikabutte - or Big Windup! in English - Its about baseball.
Shion no Oh - shougi( Japanese chess)
Initial D - street racing with cars. Its good.
Over Drive - cycling
Air Gear - kind of sport.. skating maybe
Eyeshield 21 - american football

Some Old ones: Old as in 1980-1995 with poor character art.
Ashita no Joe - Boxing
Touch - baseball
Captain Tsubasa - soccer.
Slam Dunk - basketball (1993)
Found Ookiku Furikabutte yesterday and started watching the first 2 episodes. Looks good so far.

Already saw Over Drive, Initial D, and Slam Dunk, but will check out the others. Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Air Gear - skating in future you could say.
Bamboo Blade - kendo
Suzuka - track team though series are more concentrated on romance but still have some nice sport moments since main heroin is a proffesional jumper in high and the guy appears to be a good runner.

Sadly that's all I watched myself so far... need to increase the list.
Will have to check these two out. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Capeta - excellent series about motor sports.
Giant Killing - professional soccer (football) in every aspect of the business.
I think I saw parts of Giant Killing at one point or another. I'll have to rewatch it, but thanks for the suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Basquash has giant robots that play basketball. They wear Nikes, too. You'll see why if you watch it. I only watched an episode or two so I can't really tell you how good it is.
I saw an episode of this when it first came out. I'll have to check out the entire series now. Thanks!
Muira is offline  
Old 2011-07-18, 19:57   Link #7
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
How about sports anime which features girls instead of boys, similar to Sofuteni and Ro-Kyu-Bu?
judasmartel is offline  
Old 2011-07-18, 23:16   Link #8
raduccio
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
If you consider Go to be a sport you really should watch Hikaru no Go!
raduccio is offline  
Old 2011-07-19, 04:31   Link #9
sangofe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muira View Post
It's been awhile since I've looked, but is there anything out there that I haven't seen that's worth a look at?

Seen:
Cross Game - simply awesome
Overdrive - too bad there isn't a sequel to this
Major - I've seen ~100 episodes; left off at ~5-6 eps. in the 5th season
Hajime no ippo - seen both the first and new challenger
Slam Dunk - old school classic
Prince of Tennis - kind of long, but got through it
Whistle - saw it awhile back; was decent iirc

Probably missing some others that I've seen and haven't noted above, but looking for any suggestions that you guys/gals might have.

TIA
Animes that have not yet been mentioned:

Touch - best real life/baseball anime ever.
Aoki Densetu Shoot - best football anime there is.
Buzzer Beater - intergalatic basketball, made by same creator as Slam Dunk.
Nasu movies - really good cycling anime.
Hungy Heart Wild Striker - really good shounen-esque anime.
Yawara - great judo.
sangofe is offline  
Old 2011-07-19, 07:38   Link #10
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
How about sports anime which features girls instead of boys, similar to Sofuteni and Ro-Kyu-Bu?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raduccio View Post
If you consider Go to be a sport you really should watch Hikaru no Go!
By that standard, I'll recommend Shion no Ou and endorse Hikaru as well.

The protagonists in Moshidora are female, though the baseball players are boys.

I've also read positive reviews for Taishō Yakyū Musume, though I haven't watched the show myself.

I'm expecting to see an anime about girls playing soccer pretty soon now!
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline  
Old 2011-07-23, 10:12   Link #11
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
I see. So the RKB team is the only female basketball team in anime, huh? Oh well.

Love to see a female soccer team animated, though, now that Japan has just won the Women's World Cup.
judasmartel is offline  
Old 2011-07-23, 15:37   Link #12
mecharobot
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Kaleido Star would be the best sports anime ever made if it were sports. Basically it's still the same thing. Hard physical training, rivalry, joy of success and fear of fail. Oh, and angst of course.
mecharobot is offline  
Old 2011-07-23, 23:23   Link #13
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Then how about an "offense vs. defense" setting, similar to that of Deimon and Ojou from Eyeshield 21?
judasmartel is offline  
Old 2011-07-26, 13:52   Link #14
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
battle athletes victory- the main charcter is all annoying with the crying and everything but i found it really funny and enjoyable as it goes on.
__________________
<3
xxanimefan4_ever is offline  
Old 2011-07-26, 18:05   Link #15
poisui
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 28
I definitely recommend Eyeshield 21 and Initial D. Even if you do not like American football, you will love Eyeshield 21.
poisui is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.