AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-02-01, 20:34   Link #21
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I thought this episode clears his motif for us for joining Aizen's group. When he says he is cold as snake, he truly is. He didn't care about anyone else. He still doesn't care about anyone else. The only exception is/was Matsumoto. So when Matsumoto asks the question why he ever joined Aizen, no wonder his facial expression comes out of that eternal smirk on his face. He really looked puzzled when he asked Matsumoto, "are you seriously asking me that..?"

Eternal smirk look:

Puzzled Gin look:

Gin's a softy when it comes to Matsumoto. Everybody else in the world are not so lucky. Go Gin!
Old 2011-02-01, 21:59   Link #22
Fran~
floating away...

Gin is like Sasuke (in terms of their selfishness) they're so focused on their revenge that they forget everything around them. What would happen if Matsumoto didn't ask for revenge and she would like more to have Gin by her side?....

Gin was selfish enough to do what he wants to do.
Old 2011-02-02, 01:11   Link #23
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan View Post
Hello everyone! Hello monir! Hello Lumir!

Hahaha!!! Sorry for the lack of presence, sometimes, you just can't see a week has already passed...^^;

Anyway, I've just watched the episode, and I really enjoyed it!
Yey Hellychan! Yea sometimes a week just flys by hehe. Now that I think about it Gin as a kid has been planing to kill Aizen since that incident with Ran. I wonder how long its been. Must have been centuries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anon-san View Post
Butterflaizen, I choose you!
Lol made my day. I was like o_O WTF! He went from badas5 to butterfrie mode LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Gin is like Sasuke (in terms of their selfishness) they're so focused on their revenge that they forget everything around them. What would happen if Matsumoto didn't ask for revenge and she would like more to have Gin by her side?....

Gin was selfish enough to do what he wants to do.
At that age certain things can leave a heavy impression and forever change someone until they mature to a point that they can overcome it and what they did/doing about it. Gin clearly dedicated all that time to finding just 1 fact about aizen, a crucial one but just 1!!!

Last edited by Lumir; 2011-02-02 at 01:34.
Lumir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 02:25   Link #24
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^What was that thing called again...butterfree or something like that?
Old 2011-02-02, 06:03   Link #25
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Proves Aizen's an idiot. He wants to become a god, yet travels for years with a sidekick whose Bankai is named GOD-KILLING SPEAR.

Durr durr.
Old 2011-02-02, 06:38   Link #26
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

the main reason why Gin do that to Aizen was revenge for Rangiku...
but the question is, is Rangiku still alive? (i doubt its yes..)

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 07:57   Link #27
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Proves Aizen's an idiot. He wants to become a god, yet travels for years with a sidekick whose Bankai is named GOD-KILLING SPEAR.

Durr durr.
makes you wonder even more - presumably gin must have known that holding aizen's sword will stop that hypnosis thing, up to at least before he fused with the hogyoku. why pick when aizen is at his most powerful/goddamn invincible to try and kill the guy?

ever since becoming gimp suit aizen, he's shown impossible to comprehend powers. gin could have picked any moment before that point to do that. it would have at least spared everybody seeing the most ruthless, cold and calculating villain in bleach turn into a butterfly.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 08:43   Link #28
Blaster

Nice hack by Aizen there. This pro action replay code that turns him into a butterfree is seriously bad for the series. It just means that Ichigo is going to have a much ridiculous hack in order to defeat him.

After so many chapters, kubo came up with such a crappy ending for gin X rangiku. Really disappointing. The anime should just dump the original storyline.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 09:07   Link #29
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anon-san View Post
He certainly doesn't seem to care about Kira, thinks Matsumoto as a nuisance, or anything related to Gotei doesn't seem to influence him away from his "kill the one noone could" goal.
It was frustrating to see how they played out that scene between Gin and Matsuomoto in the anime. In the manga, he doesn't call her a nuisance. He says she's "in the way". There's a big difference there. HUGE! And they buggered it.

Cue blathering:

My opinion on Gin has and always will be the same. The ONLY person he cares about is Matsumoto. I think he could give a shit about SS or anyone there. He's showed complete indifference or apathy to everyone around him and really, fair enough since everyone seemed to hate him/have judged him already.

It seems pretty clear now that he's been steadfast in his goal to get vengeance for Matsumoto from the very beginning and in that respect, SS was little more than a means to an end - something to bring him close enough to Aizen to kill him.

I'm wondering now if that 3rd seat Gin killed as a child wasn't one of the men who attacked Matsumoto...? Would be a very interesting development if it were the case.
Old 2011-02-02, 10:24   Link #30
Mr. Anon-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
It was frustrating to see how they played out that scene between Gin and Matsuomoto in the anime. In the manga, he doesn't call her a nuisance. He says she's "in the way". There's a big difference there. HUGE! And they buggered it.
Actually, after watching it again, I think that what Gin said ("Jamai ya" or smth) could also be taken as "in the way", but the translation was more liberal and translated as "nuisance". Someone who knows Japanese should check if that's the case... (or maybe you already do and it really doesn't translate as "in the way" )
<looks at "Location:">
Yeah, nvm.
Mr. Anon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 10:29   Link #31
Langus
Optimus Prime

No worries, mate! My J-go is far from perfect. I'm bound to make mistakes but in this case I think the mistake was on the part of the anime subbers.
Old 2011-02-02, 11:38   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
No worries, mate! My J-go is far from perfect. I'm bound to make mistakes but in this case I think the mistake was on the part of the anime subbers.
Actually both translation is accurate, but the latter is more to the point from the context of the scene. The scene plays out like the following: Gin has his left palm placed squarely on Matsumoto's cleavage. love that scene Matsumoto is now facing Gin. Gin is saying, "Naaa Rangiku, jamaya." We see Gin's holding his sword on his right hand.

Matsumoto is certainly in Gin's way, but that's not what Gin is exactly trying to convey by saying, "jamaya." He is already annoyed by the fact his quest to stab Aizen that spans millenia went over Matsumoto's head. At the same time he can't exactly say he did it for her. So Matsumoto is an annoyance at that moment for Gin. He could take the time to clear things up, but that's kind of pointless at the moment considering the guy he wants to exert his revenge on still walks dandily. So yeah, she was the cause for his annoyance/nuisance/on-his-way at that moment, and that's the best way he could convey it.

Quote:
What would happen if Matsumoto didn't ask for revenge and she would like more to have Gin by her side?....
From their brief conversation it was pretty apparent that Matsumoto didn't have even the slightest of inclination to the fact Gin took it so hard that he would join a viscous bishounen so he could one day get the opportunity to stab the bishounen.

Gin's single minded ruthlessness far surpasses those of Aizen-sama or any other villain shown in Bleach and I guess that's what impressive about him. I agree with your take on he is being selfish, but the gesture of awkwardly expressed affection about the only person he holds dear is not lost. In the end, that was pretty romantic. Gin's a softy. Yes, he is.

Sasuke... that's another nutjob entirely in his own class. And he is gay.
Old 2011-02-02, 11:56   Link #33
Fran~
floating away...

But that attitude is worthless... i would understand if instead of Gin we would have Matsumoto in the role of the "avenger". But Gin... meh. The snake's speech i already heard it from Orochimaru, so, i don't know, i'm not impressed by Gin, not even an inch.

One of the greatests mistakes in Bleach, i don't know why, is that the important things (facts that resolve loose ends) are left in a second plane. You can see that the guy who assaulted Matsumoto took some sphere that later he passed to Aizen and he fused with another one... i don't know you, but i was expecting some explanation about something that was clearly related to the Hougyoku... and that thing is one of the greatest misteries in the manga. So i don't understand why is more important to Kubo to show Gin's real face than explain the reason behind all this failtrain called bleach.
Old 2011-02-02, 12:21   Link #34
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
But that attitude is worthless... i would understand if instead of Gin we would have Matsumoto in the role of the "avenger". But Gin... meh. The snake's speech i already heard it from Orochimaru, so, i don't know, i'm not impressed by Gin, not even an inch.
On the other hand, I am very impressed. I would have been equally impressed if Oro-sama did something similar to express his eternal affection for his boy toy, Sasuke. Sasuke is another case all together. Compare to Sasuke, Gin's situation is more like... "honey, I'm going out for a stroll" and then he doesn't come back for a few decade. I was just happy to see some romance in Bleach. Truth be told, that's why I got into Bleach. I surely thought this series would end in about 26 episodes or so once Ichigo and Rukia hooks up. That theory didn't go very well because Kubo had other ideas...

Quote:
One of the greatests mistakes in Bleach, i don't know why, is that the important things (facts that resolve loose ends) are left in a second plane. You can see that the guy who assaulted Matsumoto took some sphere that later he passed to Aizen and he fused with another one... i don't know you, but i was expecting some explanation about something that was clearly related to the Hougyoku... and that thing is one of the greatest misteries in the manga. So i don't understand why is more important to Kubo to show Gin's real face than explain the reason behind all this failtrain called bleach.
I agree with most of what you've said here. The point of showing the hougykyou at that instance was to show Gin would be able to touch it with bare hands without any adverse effect. Ridiculous! Kubo isn't exactly a stellar storyteller, is he? How some of the main characters were shoved aside (Rukia), or given a complete make over to their role (Orihime) after the end of Soul Society arc was plenty clue for Kubo's ability as a storyteller.

Did you know that a mangaka as established as him gets tens of thousands of yens per page? He is going to have enough money to buy his own island if he can keep this up with Bleach for another decade.
Old 2011-02-02, 13:12   Link #35
Forever
Revealing the truth

I believe Gin didnt try to kill aizen for so long was becuz:

1. He had yet to find out the secret of his sword
2. He had yet to master the part of his bankai that does the poison.
3. He is just not strong enough yet.
4. He feels he is not ready yet.
5. He has yet to find out about the hyokoku powers fully yet.

Then y kill him now? Becuz it is probably now or never. He probably knows that once aizen gets the key created, aizen will be totally out of his reach.
Old 2011-02-02, 13:19   Link #36
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I would buy 1 and 3. The rest are kind of irrelevant as far as Gin is concerned. I think his startegy was to kill him and survive. He thought removing the hougikyou after infecting Aizen with the poison will be enough. Alas, he wasn't there for Aizen's lecture where he hammered through the concept that Hougikyou recognizes Aizen as its bearer and willing to grant any and all of his wishes.
Old 2011-02-02, 15:34   Link #37
shtanimerocks
he who pwns all
*Author

sht i honestly did not see that coming especially from Gin it really surprised it was a good twist to the bleach story but to bad he gets pwned by Aizen right at the end if the episode
love how they made him into a butterfly when he pwns Gin
i chose you Butterfree!!!!!!

Last edited by shtanimerocks; 2011-02-02 at 16:02.
shtanimerocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 16:01   Link #38
dredmorte

At the begging on the episode i was wondering when the makers would start using the soundtrack from the last movie (which i have not seen); behold, ominous music at the end (better musics yet to be used though)
dredmorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 17:28   Link #39
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
the main reason why Gin do that to Aizen was revenge for Rangiku...
but the question is, is Rangiku still alive? (i doubt its yes..)
You sure know Bleach bad then... even preview showed her running.

Besides it would be dumb of Gin to try to avenge Matsumoto and at the same time kill her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtanimerocks View Post
sht i honestly did not see that coming especially from Gin it really surprised it was a good twist to the bleach story but to bad he gets pwned by Aizen right at the end if the episode
Really?
Speculations about Gin being a traitor were out there for years!

The only thing that suprised me was a seriously bad timing... he could have stabbed Aizen way back in HM or SS but no... he waited until Aizen would become an unknown freak -_-
Old 2011-02-02, 17:37   Link #40
Excelion

Curious as to how Aizen would have strung their corpses up when they're supposed to disintegrate merely in his presence. Also find it to be odd timing that they put a RangikuxHisagi anime-original right before this.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote