AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-02-02, 19:33   Link #41
Langus
Optimus Prime

Gin couldn't have predicted that Aizen would have transformed into Butterflaizen after he cleaved his body in half. He's a genius, but even he couldn't have predicted something that random (WTF KUBO?! )

Also, I think the argument could be made that Gin waited so he could catch Aizen while his guard was down. Think about it - the rest of SS had been taken out, Ichigo was gone, Aizen was simply wandering around K-Town at his leisure tormenting mortal children. There were no other visible threats (apart from Gin).

Aizen also had a serious God Complex and thought himself invincible. Put all that together and it's probably the first time his guard was that low in the entire series - he already thought he'd won. In that light, Gin's plan to wait that long was smart - and it worked!

Unfortunately, however, Kubo was determined to give Aizen mad-hax powers and revived him. Stupid.
Old 2011-02-02, 20:01   Link #42
carcanclaw
Kitty?

I like how we're supposed to believe Gin is a good guy now. All that killing shinigami and cutting Hiyori in half stuff was just his way of showing he cared, right?

It's a massively BS development. Kubo could've just had Gin try to take the hogyouku out of greed, but instead he pulls together this ridiculous backstory in an attempt to make one of the most unsympathetic villains in the story a tragic character.

Gin deserved to die, partly because his character was so suddenly ruined, but also partly as karma for all of the EVIL things he's done.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 20:11   Link #43
Fran~
floating away...

Gin = Itachi?
Old 2011-02-02, 20:14   Link #44
scorpio516

If Gin would have ACTUALLY killed Aizen, that would have been awesome. Really truly awesome. Hell of a way to end the series.

But then wings sprouted (he's really going with this butterfly/moth motif) and eyes rolled.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 21:55   Link #45
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Gin = Itachi?
Kind of, but at least with Itachi they established a reasonable motivation for his actions.

Gin, on the other hand, sees a thug hurt a girl who he may not even know and proceeds to act as a subordinate to the thug's boss for over a century; all the while, he commits horrible acts in his enemy's name.

If they had given an explanation on WHY Gin cares about Rangiku, then maybe I'd feel a bit better about this development. We have no clue what relationship, if any, they had before she was assaulted.
Old 2011-02-02, 21:57   Link #46
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
Kind of, but at least with Itachi they established a reasonable motivation for his actions.
That's why Kubo sucks... and that's why you're starting to understand how this arc is going nowhere.

Quote:
If they had given an explanation on WHY Gin cares about Rangiku, then maybe I'd feel a bit better about this development. We have no clue what relationship, if any, they had before she was assaulted.
To be honest, we could see that in some flashbacks: Gin and Rangiku shared their childhood being very poor and having a very bad life. Perhaps their bond is somewhat related to the bond between Renji and Rukia, but weirder.

But... whatever, Kubo is more worried about Ichigo's training... so... yeah...
Old 2011-02-02, 22:27   Link #47
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
That's why Kubo sucks... and that's why you're starting to understand how this arc is going nowhere.
Not quite "starting," haha! I'm up to date on the manga, so I've known for a while how bad it is and I know what we're in for. The next few episodes, with the right animation, could be the best of the arc.

Still, I've heard that Kubo doesn't decide his story more than a few weeks ahead of drawing it, and it really shows. Kishimoto has the excuse of serious executive meddling (he would've ended Naruto in 2009, but editors forced him to expand the story) and Oda has managed to keep One Piece's quality consistently great.

Kubo is great at setting up all the elements for a cool story, but then he seems to avoid every cool storytelling technique in favor of drawn-out, meaningless fights and equally bizarre twists. I can't believe this is the same guy that wrote the Soul Society arc.
Old 2011-02-02, 22:37   Link #48
Fran~
floating away...

Leaving aside Oda for obvious reasons...

Kishi was able to stick to the plot, introducing new characters, but the plot is there, we all know what the hell is happen. OTOH, Kubo... well, he ruined Bleach... and that's quite an awesome achievement.
Old 2011-02-02, 22:42   Link #49
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:

Gin, on the other hand, sees a thug hurt a girl who he may not even know and proceeds to act as a subordinate to the thug's boss for over a century; all the while, he commits horrible acts in his enemy's name.

Because it would be pointless and stupid for Gin to care about someone he's never met, I think the implication was obvious that he already knew Rangiku when he found that she'd been attacked by the SS thugs.

Also, their backstory was shown in flashbacks when he left SS with Aizen. They grew up together as kids on the outlying regions of SS. They only had each other. Then he left her to go train in SS and get his revenge against Aizen.
Old 2011-02-03, 01:49   Link #50
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

More Hougyoku nonsense.

Rescue Rukia Arc:
Hougyoku: Reasonable device. Grants shinigami the powers of a hollow and vice versa. Should lead to good boost in power.

Fake Karakura Arc (part 1):
Reasonable device. Granted Vasto Lordes the powers of shinigami. Leads to increase in power but they were too weak to begin with.

Fake Karakura Arc (part 2):
Ridiculous. A magical genie orb that grants wishes. Somehow made Ichigo's friends gain power when they weren't even in the same dimension as it. Transforms Aizen to be more powerful than every character combined.

Ouken Arc:
... resurrects dead and broken characters will MORE power (let's face it, Aizen was haxx even before he had the Hougyoku). Aizen now has reality haxx, God haxx, even more plot haxx, and whatever else Aizen (read: Kubo) wants.

Apparently Aizen also had a Hougyoku or something that looked like one but just let it collect dust in his closet somewhere.

At least Gin and Mizuiro were both badass.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 02:09   Link #51
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Liked episode much better animation than before but why thye have to end it with that cliche should have done it the same as the manga did it
Old 2011-02-03, 02:39   Link #52
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Looks like next episode is probably gonna be flashback heavy...with MAYBE Ichigo showing up at the end...it would make sense...but I'm not sure if I can be that optimistic.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 07:33   Link #53
ykf566

Quote:
I like how we're supposed to believe Gin is a good guy now. All that killing shinigami and cutting Hiyori in half stuff was just his way of showing he cared, right?
Trying to kill the enemy doesn't necessarily make you a good guy. Gin isn't a good guy, like you said, sliced Hiyori and probably killed many off screen too among other things.

He pretty much is doing everything for Rangiku, doesn't give a damn about anything else.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 07:40   Link #54
Fran~
floating away...

Gin sliced Hiyori because he knows that nobody dies in Bleach
Old 2011-02-03, 15:17   Link #55
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

gin sliced hiyori because she stood a chance of killing aizen before he could do.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 16:12   Link #56
secretzfan
*Fansubber

What a laugh that was
Old 2011-02-03, 18:29   Link #57
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
gin sliced hiyori because she stood a chance of killing aizen before he could do.
IMHO she was just annoying. Gin hates kids.
Old 2011-02-03, 23:14   Link #58
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Lol and that was more of one
Old 2011-02-03, 23:54   Link #59
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:

It's a massively BS development. Kubo could've just had Gin try to take the hogyouku out of greed, but instead he pulls together this ridiculous backstory in an attempt to make one of the most unsympathetic villains in the story a tragic character.

Gin deserved to die, partly because his character was so suddenly ruined, but also partly as karma for all of the EVIL things he's done.
People going undercover isn't exactly a new concept
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 12:28   Link #60
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

im quite suprised at the lack of jokes at mullet butterfly in this thread.
im sadden that there is no more arrarrcar encylopedia poor gin getin throw out like that, and he had such a lovly suit on for the occasion *sigh*

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote