AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2011-05-20, 14:51   Link #2141
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I'm... pretty sure that it isn't meant to be taken literally. There is no way this is almost over, unless they mean one more big conflict. I could see that, but we have way too much plot to still delve into, unless this is all a big setup for a new season.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 15:40   Link #2142
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
unless this is all a big setup for a new season.
Hope that Haruhi and Madoka hear your words and approve the idea causing it to become a reality. An anime will be much easier to follow.

A lot of things can happen with those androids but we still need to wait around other two or three weeks to finally get info or previews of Ch. 16.

Mhhh.... talking about that, what you think will be the Force NEXT design of the month? One guess is that probably will be a set of weapons for the raptors or a vehicle for them or the unit leading the attack(probably led by the squad containing Cinque, Ginga and the numbers?). Or chances are that we will get desingns of the true weapons of Fortis, Curren or ....Veyron.

EDIT: Agh, i almost manage to claim the page xD.

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 17:27   Link #2143
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yes I am equating them, because the TSAB as an organization consistently does the good thing, while the ones doing the wrong thing are the rogues working in small numbers hiding in the shadows. I have no reason to doubt the entirety of an organization because of a few rogues, especially when there is zero evidence of such corruption in this case.
What we have seen are that some high ranking members have been well intentioned extremists. They went to great lengths for what they saw as the greater good. Graham wanted to seal Hayate away so the world would be safe from the book. Regius and the High Council wanted a more ample crime fighting force. They manipulated and harmed others to achieve these goals.

So I think it's possible that the so called 'treatment' could be something extreme. To protect the innocent from the virus, perhaps the infected are purged with fire. Maybe they're locked away for the rest of their lives. Maybe they get lobatamized so they aren't a threat anymore.

Cruel to the infectees, sure, but it's okay because it's for the greater good!

Also, we know of this treatment via a japanese to spanish to english translation. The exact meaning of the word could have been lost in translation.

Anyways, sure it's entirely possible that the Bureau's treatment is entirely humaine and the Huckebien are bad for not accepting it, but it's equally as possible that there's something more to it. We don't have enough information so we can only speculate and no speculation can be considered right or wrong.

At the very least, I'd image the treatment would require some sort of isolation or at least hospitalization. The Huckebien have their own treatment so it might have come down to "be confined and recieved treatment" vs "be free and recieve treatment." Most people like having their freedom.

We'll see soon enough when Thoma will be treated.
Old 2011-05-20, 18:08   Link #2144
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
We'll see soon enough when Thoma will be treated.
True, i wasn't thinked of that either, now that Tohma is back to his senses he can probably be convinced by Nnoha(or Subaru) to get the treatement or at least being subjected to exams, my bet is that something will go wrong like Tohma's infection is too advanced or is a special kind of infection more resilent to the treatement thus erasing again the boy's hopes on getting cured and arising the need to search for the Hucks's help, of course i expect some misunderstandings because Isis don't trust Section Six people entirely but also didn't trust the Huckebein. I wonder if Isis beign some sort of "fugitive" actually start to embrace the idea of make negotiations with the Hucks, as her little group is not directly tied to the TSAB.

In fact this can be kind of another option to approach these guys for the heroes in general, they utterly fail on the "heroic" approach by confronting them as villains. They can try to approach them as mercenaries instead and negotiate terms in hopes of convince the Hucks to make a deal to find a cure or to tend them a trap and finally capture them(like sleep gas or something), you know, kind of fight cheat with cheat xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-20, 18:56   Link #2145
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Seeing as how Isis had no problem running up to law enforcement officers and asking what's up, I doubt she herself is any sort of fugitive. If she does percieve the Bureau as any sort of threat at this point, though, she's definitely going to act in order to help the people she considers friends.
Old 2011-05-20, 19:35   Link #2146
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Seeing as how Isis had no problem running up to law enforcement officers and asking what's up, I doubt she herself is any sort of fugitive. If she does percieve the Bureau as any sort of threat at this point, though, she's definitely going to act in order to help the people she considers friends.
Yup, but there's also some suspicious things about Isis, after Tohma's battle with Veyron at the church Isis briefly consider the idea of leaving Tohma and Lily in order to avoid conflict. Her main reactions to the S6 people was of distrust and she apparently has her own agenda aside of helping Tohma and Lily. There's also Arnage's caution of her(but that was already justified with her pretty effective fighting style). People are right to claim Isis to be the most interesting character of FORCE at the moment(altough i think Veyron is pretty close too xD) she has a lot of misteries surrounding around her.

Hope that she manage to appear in the G.O.D. PSP game and hope she's balanced because i have the feeling that Isis powers can be deadly on a fighting game(multi-purpuse perfumes and fast-casting explosive birds spam sounds pretty hax with the "Battle of the Aces" engine).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-20, 19:50   Link #2147
Justin_Brett

I honestly wonder how evil they'd have to make someone supporting a lobotomy-like procedure just to try and make people side with the Hucks, if such an event occurred. Strictly speaking, they would not be correct in thinking it's the right thing to do.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 20:18   Link #2148
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well if an infectee has an uncontrollable urge to kill people, you remove part of their brain and they'd be incapable of actually taking a life (and doing pretty much anything else). The people are now safe from a blood thirsty killer and you actually haven't 'killed' the infectee either.

Of course that's total horseshit, but hey, freezing a little girl and tossing her into a demsnional rift was a great idea! [/sarcasm]
Old 2011-05-20, 20:20   Link #2149
Justin_Brett

So's killing people and going 'eh, don't worry about it'.
Old 2011-05-20, 20:48   Link #2150
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well I think the difference there is that the Bureau is trying to come off as all good and just despite its dirty laundry while the Huckebein are completely open and honest about it.
Old 2011-05-20, 20:52   Link #2151
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

If you want to go there, I still haven't forgotten Vita's vicious and bloodthirsty attitude during A's. Sure she's on the good side now, and she had more aspects to her character and motivations, but I haven't forgotten that face. She wasn't like Signum, simply sealing away her emotions to do a cold job she didn't want to do. She was a blood knight of pure rage and hatred, and it's hard for me to be understanding. Maybe that's one reason I still can't say I like her much even now. And there's no doubt if they alter one character for the A's movie like they did Precia, she'll be it.

So yes, the Hucks are pretty bad- or perhaps, they wear a pretty solid mask. The manga format doesn't allow for those little inflections that let you see the cracks and doubts like we could for Fate and the Wolkies. Some of them are more comparable to the Numbers in attitude, except that they've been in the business a bit longer. And if you recall, not all the Numbers were so redeemable.

But I don't see Cypha or Curren or even that one guy who confronted Tohma in the church as being on the level of Due or Quattro, and I don't care if they've taken down your favorite character. I've no sympathy for their actions at all, and even if they reform I will probably hold the same feelings towards some of them that I hold toward Vita. But the question of whether they are complete monsters with rotted souls is a different matter. Yes, it's not the option you would pick if you were playing Light Side in a Bioware game, but it's not that easy and you can't allow yourself to be that detached when looking at things. What it boils down to is this: Faced with their own mortality, their choice is very human.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 23:17   Link #2152
Justin_Brett

And the same would be true for anyone who wanted to use such a solution on them.

I really don't know why you insist on being as reasonable as possible for these idiots and then calling the TSAB evil in anything they might do to them, Raiser. Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it wouldn't work and be sensible - a similar rational is what the Hucks use, after all.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2011-05-21 at 00:04.
Old 2011-05-21, 00:01   Link #2153
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Uh, which comment are you replying to, Justin?
Old 2011-05-21, 00:08   Link #2154
Justin_Brett

First line at Arc, second paragraph at you.
Old 2011-05-21, 00:29   Link #2155
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I really don't know why you insist on being as reasonable as possible for these idiots and then calling the TSAB evil in anything they might do to them, Raiser. Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it wouldn't work and be sensible - a similar rational is what the Hucks use, after all.
He's playing Devil's Advocate for both sides, it sounds like. The default assumption is "TSAB = Good; Huckebein = Bad" so he argues the reverse of both positions.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 00:29   Link #2156
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
It just seems that several people are hell bent on only seeing it one certain way. I'm simply pointing out other possibilities.

I never once said the Bureau was evil. It has a proven dark side, though, as any large organization would.

EDIT: Yeah, what Dezo said.
Old 2011-05-21, 00:34   Link #2157
Justin_Brett

Yeah but to make the Bureau out and out evil in this case you'd need to do something completely ridiculous, or introduce a Regius 2.0 without the later flashbacks and twice as much war hawking. Especially since it's probably that company who's behind it all here, as pointed out earlier.
Old 2011-05-21, 00:56   Link #2158
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Again, I didn't say evil, I said extreme. Not 'locking away infectee just because it's fun watching them waste away', but 'locking away infectees so they don't go around killing people.' I suppose you could call the latter a 'necessary evil'. The point is that while it is possible the Huckebein don't take the Bureau's treatment because they have too much fun running around killing people, it's also possible that the Bureau's alternative is not exactly the happiest of choices.
Old 2011-05-21, 01:05   Link #2159
Justin_Brett

Yeah, but even a very painful extreme doesn't change the fact that just doing that alone makes sense. Getting locked up and hooked on meds is definitely a better alternative to what can happen to them otherwise. But that really wouldn't work with the sympathetic villain angle, so whoever is for that probably won't be portrayed as rational-minded.

Basically, if the cure isn't really, really horrible, the Hucks fighting the Bureau to avoid getting inoculated with it is gonna make them look even worse.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2011-05-21 at 01:27.
Old 2011-05-21, 01:11   Link #2160
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Again, I didn't say evil, I said extreme. Not 'locking away infectee just because it's fun watching them waste away', but 'locking away infectees so they don't go around killing people.' I suppose you could call the latter a 'necessary evil'. The point is that while it is possible the Huckebein don't take the Bureau's treatment because they have too much fun running around killing people, it's also possible that the Bureau's alternative is not exactly the happiest of choices.
I wonder if Hayate and co. are now more untrusting of the higher officers of the TSAB after all the stuff happened during the J.S. Incident, i mean they can't just ignore it, specially Hayate because she and her unit were one of Regiuz's primary targets. Of course there are a lot of trusty allies inside the TSAB, some of them on higher positions like Chrno or Lady Carim. BetrayerS was interesting for introducing the plot of the TSAB separating into different factions, sadly the story never continued(what happened with the people behind that doujin anyway?). Still other possibility is that Hayate now have contac and good relations with young and talented high rankers that will be the future leaders of the TSAB, thus guaranting a better administration and a brighter future.

Still Hayate seems to take her job very seriously now, wonder what her, Nanoha and the others actually think about the organization they're fighting for.

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force