AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2011-06-02, 07:07   Link #2321
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
...the other is about managing a perpetual crisis. ^^
That's leading, whether Good or Evil.

Page Claim for leaders. Like Hayate.
Old 2011-06-02, 08:51   Link #2322
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Like Hayate.
...and Blazing Flame Generals!
Old 2011-06-02, 14:38   Link #2323
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Regarding the Eclipse infection, I just thought of this but...when someone becomes infected, it probably obliterates their Linker Core, no?

It's not like I'm pointing out a flaw in the plot, but if they find a cure for it, Thoma (and every Huck?) will most likely become a normal human.
Old 2011-06-02, 14:39   Link #2324
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Just out of curiosity, why do you think that would be the case?

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 14:42   Link #2325
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I tought the linker core was an etereal "organ" as important as any other physical one, thus the complete removal of it will endanger the life of the affected. Still that's just the impression i get. There's any official info about it?

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 14:50   Link #2326
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

We know that the Book of Darkness consuming Hayate's was what was paralyzing and killing her. We also know that "harvesting" linker cores as the Wolkies did invariably resulted in the deaths of the subjects, if drained completely.

And if the bit about obliterating linker cores has something to do with anti-magic, I'm going to go smash my head against a rock.

Old 2011-06-02, 15:45   Link #2327
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
And if the bit about obliterating linker cores has something to do with anti-magic, I'm going to go smash my head against a rock.
Yes, that might be it.

The Eclipse and Divider's effect breaks magical links, and the Linker Core is a mass of concentrated magic, not to mention that the body itself has magic flowing through it...and Thoma went through a pretty high fever when the infection spread after the church incident.
That was most likely his body changing to the next stage of the infection.
Old 2011-06-02, 15:49   Link #2328
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Ok, now that will be a big trouble if the Eclipse Virus somehow "replace" the linker core completely, a full cure probably will be impossible under those condition, the Eclipse infected probably will need to remain in tratement for life in order to live as normal as possible.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-02, 15:49   Link #2329
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Okay, okay. I said I'd never explain this again at least twice, but "anti-magic" is a type of magic. The name is misleading. It's not usually a practical method of defense for mages for obvious reasons, but the eclipse are clearly an exception. Just because they cancel magic used against them and other peoples' magic defenses does not mean they are not using magic themselves.

Sorry if I seem frustrated, mate. It's been a harsh week.

Old 2011-06-02, 15:53   Link #2330
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

An that arises some interestion questioning of the suppossed Eclipse Driver's magic usage. All of the Hucks NEXT design use the word "energy" rahter than "mana" or "magic" when refering to one of the Hucks special powers(in the case of Cypha it mentions that her swords can shoot "energy beams"). Thus leaving in the air the possibility of the Hucks utilizing another source of energy different from magic(like mutants i guess).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-02, 16:41   Link #2331
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I don't think I've ever heard what Nanoha uses being referred to as magic beams, or at least I wouldn't be surprised if they've been called energy beams before. But what the Eclipse people use looks to be magic in pretty much every way it can be magic. It just seems like it's magic designed to defeat magic. Might seem odd, but makes sense to me.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 16:43   Link #2332
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I don't think I've ever heard what Nanoha uses being referred to as magic beams, or at least I wouldn't be surprised if they've been called energy beams before. But what the Eclipse people use looks to be magic in pretty much every way it can be magic. It just seems like it's magic designed to defeat magic. Might seem odd, but makes sense to me.
So, what happens if an Eclipse Driver fights another Eclipse Driver?

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-02, 16:48   Link #2333
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
So, what happens if an Eclipse Driver fights another Eclipse Driver?
I think you have hit upon the crux of Thoma's involvement.

Old 2011-06-02, 16:53   Link #2334
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
An that arises some interestion questioning of the suppossed Eclipse Driver's magic usage. All of the Hucks NEXT design use the word "energy" rahter than "mana" or "magic" when refering to one of the Hucks special powers(in the case of Cypha it mentions that her swords can shoot "energy beams"). Thus leaving in the air the possibility of the Hucks utilizing another source of energy different from magic(like mutants i guess).
Yes, let's not forget that before Force, StrikerS introduced a different source of energy (used by the Combat Cyborgs) that can replicate the same effects as magic.

I wouldn't be surprised if "Eclipse energy" is similar to that.
Old 2011-06-02, 16:56   Link #2335
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

If it's true that they use magic and it ends also true that they can cancel magic attacks and defenses that will explain a couple of things like the "ammo" used during Tohma and Veyron's battle or the very prominent blades on the Dividers, as also why Veyron use an aditional weapon(his "Claw Grab") who use fuels to make combustion attacks(like "Napalm Fang). In case of confronting another Eclipse Driver or other source of Anti-Magic they have alternate weaponary or defensive gear to not be left completely helpless against said enemy.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-02, 16:58   Link #2336
Mirron

The effects cancel each other out so it's just the same as a mage vs. a mage? I don't know, either that or the one with the higher grade of anti-magic succeeds? I suppose we'll find out when Thoma fights one of them what happens.
Old 2011-06-02, 17:04   Link #2337
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Yes, let's not forget that before Force, StrikerS introduced a different source of energy (used by the Combat Cyborgs) that can replicate the same effects as magic.

I wouldn't be surprised if "Eclipse energy" is similar to that.
Yup, that's true, the energy used by the Cyborgs along with their Inherent Skills are completely unaffected by AMF thus cannot be considered "magic"(proven by Subaru who is able to use her cyborg powers inside the Craddle and under an AMF field powerfull enough to shut down HAYATE). My above theory can be defied if the Hucks end up being in a similar situation in relation to their powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
The effects cancel each other out so it's just the same as a mage vs. a mage? I don't know, either that or the one with the higher grade of anti-magic succeeds? I suppose we'll find out when Thoma fights one of them what happens.
So they cancel the cancelation effect? I'm confused xDU

In regards of Tohma, the boy have a slight advantage against any Huckebein not named Curren, he's holding a book AND a Strosek reactor with him and posses an AoE attack powerfull enough that even surpasses Anti-Magic and rose slightly into Anti-Life territory(and thus being able to cancel anything from magic, to electronics, to cardiac health, to eclipse drivers). I wonder if Curren holds a similar power or have the key to survive that.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-02, 17:14   Link #2338
Mirron

Yes, so essentially neither of the anti-magic effects really work, so it's just a straight-up battle in all other accounts. That'd be what I guess happens, at least. Not like I have anything to compare it to though, just makes sense to me.
Old 2011-06-02, 17:20   Link #2339
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Yup, that's true, the energy used by the Cyborgs along with their Inherent Skills are completely unaffected by AMF thus cannot be considered "magic"(proven by Subaru who is able to use her cyborg powers inside the Craddle and under an AMF field powerfull enough to shut down HAYATE). My above theory can be defied if the Hucks end up being in a similar situation in relation to their powers.
Probably, the reason why the use the AEC weapons, is because AMF doesn't work on them...could be wrong though

Quote:
In regards of Tohma, the boy have a slight advantage against any Huckebein not named Curren, he's holding a book AND a Strosek reactor with him and posses an AoE attack powerfull enough that even surpasses Anti-Magic and rose slightly into Anti-Life territory(and thus being able to cancel anything from magic, to electronics, to cardiac health, to eclipse drivers). I wonder if Curren holds a similar power or have the key to survive that.
Yeah, Divide Zero "Eclipse"...Everyone was seriously affected by it and some even went into cardiac arrest (like Fate and Lucino), but those infected didn't.
This could be coincidence, or that those infected have some resistance against the Zero Effect.

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2011-06-02 at 17:30.
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 17:31   Link #2340
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Still the Hucks end up affected somewhat, they're severely weakened under the effects of it and, as Cypha points out, even their "rections" got cancelled, Veyron and Stella fainted and the rest end up in the ground. Also the menace of shooting it again was enough to nerve Fortis and scare Stella. So yheah it can be a very powerfull weapon against them(with the little inconvenience that it can provoke countless deaths if used carelessly).

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force