AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2011-06-10, 03:53   Link #2441
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I give Bureau corruption more credibility because it's happened before. Twice. Three times if you count the assholes Precia worked for.
Understandable.

Of course, this is also not the first time the villains turns out to be assholes themselves. Remember Precia? Sickly, tragic past, sympathetic goals...and so nasty in her conducts that we hate her nonetheless. Or Jail, the madman with records of grisly, unethical experiments who also almost took an entire world hostage for the Lulz. And there's Toredia and Runessa, who were behind terrorist attacks orchestrated because they want Midchildans to feel the same pain as them.

The possibilities goes both ways, you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
There'a also the possibility that when tohma is about to be cured some big trouble arises and tohma realizes that his incredibly broken Eclipse powers are necessary to save the day and forfeits the chance to be cured in order to save everyone. Probably with Shamal saying something among the lines of "if you undergo a second reinfection the cure will be useless" to add more weight to the drama xD.
Ah! Something like Spider-Man 2?

Page Claim for heroes and villains!

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-06-10 at 05:22.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 06:54   Link #2442
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
In the case of Thoma refusing the cure we still wouldn't know if the cure would actually work or not. Only way to know is if it successfully cures some one of the virus.

Maybe they'll weaponise it like in X-3

Anyways, in the last few pages when have I argued against the Huckebein being assholes? All I've been saying is that parts of the Bureau could be involved in shady dealings.
Old 2011-06-10, 09:23   Link #2443
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
In the case of Thoma refusing the cure we still wouldn't know if the cure would actually work or not. Only way to know is if it successfully cures some one of the virus.
It also can happen that Tohma gets actually cured or starting to ged rid of the infection when she decides to engage with Lily again(and being infected as a consequence) in order to save the day.

*suddenly i imagined Tohma enjoying a "normal day" like Peter Parker in Spider-Man 2 ....complete with the music and the Hot-Dog bite xD*

Quote:
Maybe they'll weaponise it like in X-3
Iiiiiiiiiiinteresting

...5 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 12:36   Link #2444
Justin_Brett

Maybe the Eclipse Virus also makes you act like a douchebag, like the Symbiote? It would explain a lot of stuff.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 15:58   Link #2445
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
You can't sit there and tell me that absolutely everyone in a galaxy spanning government is all pure and good.

At the very least Shamal saying Thoma will be the first means there's no way of knowing if the cure actually works. That she also says she needs to investigate further before she can make it suggests that the treatment mentioned in the Force Next was a theoretical one. "Come with us and recieve treament, even though we're still working on the actual treatment part."

Huckebein could have gone "We're not putting our lives in your hands. We'll handle it ourselves."

In all likelihood Shamal's cure will be a failure. Can't have Thoma losing his powers until the end of the story.
The word I saw Akiyoshi use was 'cure' not 'treatment'. I don't know if that's a translation error or something, but generally the difference between cures and treatments are that cures are proven.

Seeing as how the Hucks seem to have good intelligence on the TSAB, I doubt they don't know about it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 16:03   Link #2446
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The word I saw Akiyoshi use was 'cure' not 'treatment'. I don't know if that's a translation error or something, but generally the difference between cures and treatments are that cures are proven.
Well...

Quote:
-Shamal explicity states that her medical team have the technology for the investigation and tratement of the Eclipse virus and even says that Tohma will be the first patient to recover from the infection.
Those are the orignal words spelled by Shamal(at least according to the spanish translation) it's a bit tricky because she states that they have a treatement but also that it works and that Tohma will be cured, so the line between "treatement" and "cure" blurrs a bit XD. Also got my attention Nanoha's mention of the "ACE sytstem" i don't know what it is or if have something to do with the Eclipse virus.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-10, 16:07   Link #2447
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I wonder if the ACE System is an offshoot of ACS.
Old 2011-06-10, 16:36   Link #2448
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I wonder if the ACE System is an offshoot of ACS.
That or some kind of attempt to control and weaponize the Eclipse virus xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-10, 16:39   Link #2449
Justin_Brett

Sort of makes you wonder why none of them felt like mentioning that to the Hucks in any capacity, then. I mean, having the cure implies you were going to apply it after you arrested them, right?

Maybe they were all having a bad day.
Old 2011-06-10, 17:04   Link #2450
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

Those are the orignal words spelled by Shamal(at least according to the spanish translation) it's a bit tricky because she states that they have a treatement but also that it works and that Tohma will be cured, so the line between "treatement" and "cure" blurrs a bit XD. Also got my attention Nanoha's mention of the "ACE sytstem" i don't know what it is or if have something to do with the Eclipse virus.
Shamal says that it works, so it's a cure.

Quote:
Sort of makes you wonder why none of them felt like mentioning that to the Hucks in any capacity, then. I mean, having the cure implies you were going to apply it after you arrested them, right?

Maybe they were all having a bad day.
I'm quite sure they heard it from someone. In any case, as I said earlier the Hucks seem to know much about the TSAB and Section Six so they must know from that.

Old 2011-06-10, 17:06   Link #2451
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

By the way, there isn't any tranlation or raw text of the NEXT design 14? I know it's Thoma's Black Knight form again but i want to know if there's any new info on that.

This is the pic xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-10, 17:07   Link #2452
Justin_Brett

I hope he gets another form later with some actual, you know, armor, if they're gonna call it that.
Old 2011-06-10, 17:11   Link #2453
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I hope he gets another form later with some actual, you know, armor, if they're gonna call it that.
To be fair his "Black Knight" form is one of the first "protective gear" that actually resembles an actual armor(heavy armored leg-pieces,, mid-section and also arm pieces), the Belkan "Knight Armor" were the closest before this and that only because of the casual metal plates they have and their "Knight-esque" design(like Signum's jacket piece, those shoulder-parts make her look buffer xD).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-10, 17:18   Link #2454
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The Wolkies wear Knight Garb, not Knight Armor. I don't think we've ever seen actual Knight Armor in the series.
Old 2011-06-10, 17:22   Link #2455
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

When you mean Knight Armour, so you mean the traditional full plate armour knights use? I doubt, where going to see that, not when you have barrier jackets.

Tohma's look, with gauntlets and greeves and vambraces, is the closest you'd get.

Old 2011-06-10, 17:26   Link #2456
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The Wolkies wear Knight Garb, not Knight Armor. I don't think we've ever seen actual Knight Armor in the series.
I know, i was talking about the name of their protective gear, Ancient Belkan fight clothes are called "Knight Armor" instead of "Barrier Jacket" and even if they lack actual armored protection they still look stetically Knight-like xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-10, 17:32   Link #2457
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
They are actually called Knight Garb though, not Knight Armor. It's not even the name of it. Ancient Belkan warriors normally do fight in Knight Armor, but that isn't what the Wolkenritter use. At least not currently.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 17:36   Link #2458
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
They are actually called Knight Garb though, not Knight Armor. It's not even the name of it. Ancient Belkan warriors normally do fight in Knight Armor, but that isn't what the Wolkenritter use. At least not currently.
Source?

I readed the "Knight Armor" thing on the Wikia so i'm not completely sure, and the series never referenced it by name onscreen.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-10, 17:57   Link #2459
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Y'all like to forget that Zest wore armored boots and gauntlets, like Touma does.
Old 2011-06-10, 17:58   Link #2460
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I didn't forget Zest, and it's somewhere on here in one of those translated booklet things. I don't really know where it is, but doubtless someone does, or will search for it. Doesn't matter too much to me either way.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force