AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2011-06-10, 23:53   Link #2481
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Pretty sure she doesn't weaken when in sunlight. That'd be an odd weakness, if so.

And I think Shamal is just being confident. If he's the first to be cured, there's no way to guarantee an absolute cure. Unless they found a device that is designed specifically to remove the Eclipse virus.

Page claim for Eclipse virus discussions.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 23:54   Link #2482
Justin_Brett

Not a very subtle one, either, even for the evil member.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 23:58   Link #2483
Skane
Anime Snark

Shamal might have tested it on tissue samples. Like how they tested Penicillin on petri-dishes.

Cheers.
Old 2011-06-11, 00:51   Link #2484
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Pretty sure she doesn't weaken when in sunlight. That'd be an odd weakness, if so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
* Cypha's reactor "Koing" transform into two long double-edged swords with great cutting capability. Both blades can channel the "dividing" effect thus being very effective at nullyfing magical defenses, the blades can also dispell magical attacks and shoot powerfull beams of energy(as Agito confirms xDU). The downside is that their power and precision are not very good in light, reason because they're more suited for "killing at short distances" and because of their link to Cypha's infection they're also resistant to steel corrosion.
That's from the post i made some time ago about the NEXT designs. So ok, it's less like is getting weaker in light and more like is less effective in light.

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 01:11   Link #2485
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Shamal might have tested it on tissue samples. Like how they tested Penicillin on petri-dishes.

Cheers.
Then the question becomes where she'd get such samples.
Old 2011-06-11, 01:25   Link #2486
Justin_Brett

Quote:
The downside is that their power and precision are not very good in light, reason because they're more suited for "killing at short distances"
That...doesn't make any sense. I mean, I get she wouldn't be very good at long range because of depth perception, but the time of day wouldn't have anything to do with that all of the time. Only when you're facing the sun, really.

If anything, doing it at night would be just as bad.
Old 2011-06-11, 01:29   Link #2487
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
That...doesn't make any sense. I mean, I get she wouldn't be very good at long range because of depth perception, but the time of day wouldn't have anything to do with that all of the time. Only when you're facing the sun, really.

If anything, doing it at night would be just as bad.
Well, they say "light" not "sunlight" or "daylight", i guess we need more info about that(only if said disadvantage get actually exploited we will get solid info, i guess).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-11, 01:31   Link #2488
Justin_Brett

Well, 'in light' doesn't leave very much guesswork for it.
Old 2011-06-11, 02:48   Link #2489
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
To be fair his "Black Knight" form is one of the first "protective gear"
Correction: The Japanese classification term for the Black Knight is "戦闘防護服" ("combat protective clothing"). The kanjis for Barrier Jackets are "防護服" ("protective clothing"): exactly the same thing, minus the word "combat". Thus, at least, according to nomenclature, the Black Knight suit seems to be treated similarly to Barrier Jackets. However, since the "防護服" usually comes with ruby spelling "バリアジャケット" ("Barrier Jacket"), this subtle similarity/difference gets lost in translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The Wolkies wear Knight Garb, not Knight Armor. I don't think we've ever seen actual Knight Armor in the series.
Actually, we have: in ViVid flashbacks (of regular knights) and a lot of them in Memory;ex (chapter 19.5, where Vita is the POV character). They are literally armor sets with chest plates and stuff. The Japanese term is "騎士甲冑" ("knight's armor and helmet"). The Knight Garb is spelled "騎士服" (lit. "knight clothing") and uses the same third kanji as "Barrier Jacket" above, indicating that it's basically a Barrier Jacket for Knights (thus, extra armor pieces).

Quote:
Then the wiki needs to be corrected
It does not. The entire infos outlined above have been posted on the wiki for months now (at least since January).
Old 2011-06-11, 02:48   Link #2490
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Then the question becomes where she'd get such samples.
Fights with Eclipse users, raiding of laboratories a-la the one in the first chapter, dead Eclipse users who consumed themselves in the field, the list is endless.
Old 2011-06-11, 03:08   Link #2491
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Actually, we have: in ViVid flashbacks (of regular knights) and a lot of them in Memory;ex (chapter 19.5, where Vita is the POV character). They are literally armor sets with chest plates and stuff. The Japanese term is "騎士甲冑" ("knight's armor and helmet"). The Knight Garb is spelled "騎士服" (lit. "knight clothing") and uses the same third kanji as "Barrier Jacket" above, indicating that it's basically a Barrier Jacket for Knights (thus, extra armor pieces).
Oh yeah, I'd forgot about that. Looks like the difference in appearance between Garb and Armor doesn't have to be all that large then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
It does not. The entire infos outlined above have been posted on the wiki for months now (at least since January).
I corrected it yesterday. Before that, it said that Knight's Garb "was often called" Knight's Armor.
Old 2011-06-11, 03:29   Link #2492
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
it said that Knight's Garb "was often called" Knight's Armor.
Which it is, at least in the confused fandom. But I agree, you edits were clarifying.
Old 2011-06-11, 12:40   Link #2493
Mirron

Considering it said something about being meant for close-range attacks, pretty sure something was lost in translation. It... doesn't make much sense at all that the attack would be weaked in light if it's meant for short-ranged attacks. Since it's doubtful it's meant to be used at night, and the way Cypha fights sound like a more melee combatant... just doesn't add up.
Old 2011-06-11, 12:52   Link #2494
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It makes a lot more sense if the actual translation is something like "The downside is that their power and precision are not very good at long range."
Old 2011-06-11, 17:06   Link #2495
Justin_Brett

Well really, none of the Hucks' weapons are made for precision or subtlety, so it's not like that's a weakness unique to Cypha.
Old 2011-06-11, 17:32   Link #2496
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

I'm still thinking Shamal's treatment seems a bit sketchy, especially at this point in the story. Does anybody else get the feeling this "cure" is going to work almost as well as Hank McCoy's serum?

Of course, that'd just give Aki more grounds to rage about the Wolks.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 18:02   Link #2497
Mirron

Even if the cure worked perfectly, and somehow managed to cause a chain reaction affecting the rest of the people affected by the Eclipse, yet somehow causing Cypha to die, pretty sure Aki would complain. :P

And I just think that it's too soon to say it'll absolutely work if Thoma is the first live human subject. Especially since his Eclipse virus is likely at least somewhat different from the norm, based on his just... well, greater level of power.
Old 2011-06-12, 01:35   Link #2498
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Of course, that'd just give Aki more grounds to rage about the Wolks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Even if the cure worked perfectly, and somehow managed to cause a chain reaction affecting the rest of the people affected by the Eclipse, yet somehow causing Cypha to die, pretty sure Aki would complain. :P
Well, yes and no.

If Shamal is the one who made the "cure"(which i really doubt) i will complain, but if not it will be responsibility of the people that worked on it, not Shamal's(albeit she will be indirectly responsible for administrating it to Tohma).

About Cypha, she and Signum have no excuses, shame on the latter for being turned into a weakling and shame on the former for not be able to live up to the hype she gathered after that victory.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-12, 01:38   Link #2499
Mirron

It's mostly a joke, but you are unfairly harsh on the Wolkenritter. Even with Hayate being, say, my second favorite of the series, not that harsh on her. :P
Old 2011-06-12, 02:22   Link #2500
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Yeah, cuz one damn loss means you're a weakling, amiright?

Tags
manga, nanoha force