AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Old 2011-06-16, 00:19   Link #2601
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Long story short, if someone doesn't keep reminding us how he loves Force (event after making his stance clear before just like I've made mine), I have no drive to remind people about it's faults. (except when there are new, recently shown faults we haven't over-discussed yet)
If you want to play the pointing fingers game we'd just go around in circles. You say people saying Force is good makes you want to say otherwise, but then to rebute your comments they'll say more good things, which makes you say bad things, etc etc.

You should probably just resist that urge when it comes up. Hell, I want to punch some one in the face everytime I hear NanoFate refered to as "everyone's favourite couple" but I keep my fingers idle.
Old 2011-06-16, 00:37   Link #2602
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Eh, I'd rather have more repetitive conversations than no new conversations. With so little information coming out, eventually we'll run out of subjects to talk about.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 01:05   Link #2603
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
If you want to play the pointing fingers game we'd just go around in circles.
Took you long enough to figure that out

Quote:
You should probably just resist that urge when it comes up.
I don't see you resisting the urge to defend Force everytime we mock it, so why must we be different.

Besides, like Mirron said, this is more interesting than letting the thread wither and die
Old 2011-06-16, 01:11   Link #2604
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Hmmmm.... i'm bored i need to think of a new Signum rant for tomorrow xD

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 01:30   Link #2605
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Hmmmm.... i'm bored i need to think of a new Signum rant for tomorrow xD
No, please, I'm fine with the Force is good/bad rants but spare me another Signum rant.
Old 2011-06-16, 01:41   Link #2606
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
i'd have a better opinion if i can read them :/

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 02:19   Link #2607
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No, please, I'm fine with the Force is good/bad rants but spare me another Signum rant.
Fine then...*goes back to re-read Father's Knife*

Damn! that's a good fic xD

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-16, 06:20   Link #2608
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Took you long enough to figure that out

I don't see you resisting the urge to defend Force everytime we mock it, so why must we be different.

Besides, like Mirron said, this is more interesting than letting the thread wither and die
I am always baffled by this attitude, if you dislike something, why do you keep reading/watching it and keep posting comment on how it sucks donkey ball, it's aggravating for the people that like it to see the same people saying the same things again and again.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 07:07   Link #2609
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Your comments are directly interfering with others' liking of the series like FRS said. By your own admission you can't even allow some one to say something good about it without jumping at them. Really gives off the "Stop liking what I hate!!!" vibe. My defending of Force certainly won't interfere with your liking of Force since you've made it clear how much you dislike it.

Quote:
I'd rather is go into a lull than have pages upon pages of posts saying the exact same things about how Force sucks. If you really want to continue at least think up new complaints. We already know "I hate the Huckebein" and "No magic, Nanoha is ruined forever!", so try to vary it up.
Old 2011-06-16, 09:40   Link #2610
Skane
Anime Snark

To me, Force has been a disappointment so far in terms of fulfilling its potential. When both Force and Vivid were announced at the same time, I was actually more excited for Force and followed it more closely than Vivid (which was more "vapid" in the beginning).

However, whereas Vivid became better in terms of pacing and getting to the point as the chapters went by, Force seems to be getting more and more mired in narrative direction (and excitement level).

Also... the level of "AWESOME" which is what made me love the Nanoha series in the first place was sadly lacking. Case in point being Nanoha's Fortress Mode. When the Force Next of her Fortress Mode came out, I was so damned eager to see it in action... but when it finally made its début... not even half of its listed abilities were used, and then it got destroyed.

What.

A parallel comparison can be made with Sunrise who now have a damn bad habit of making "1-Shot" wonders for the sole purpose of making more models to make merchandise of, and it would really leave a bad taste in my mouth if that is really the case here. Orange Gouf anyone?

Even Heine got to show-off for a few fights at least...

Nanoha Fortress Mode should have been AWESOME. Not necessarily a victory, but at least enough to incite a "Fuck YEAH!" from the reader instead of "What?".

Same goes for Hayate's Iceberg of Doom. What?

Cheers.
Old 2011-06-16, 10:47   Link #2611
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I agree with Skane that Force has a serious case of 'meh' when it comes down to living up to the hype of its new toys.

I think the biggest flaw though is the fact that Force is monthly, while most of us are used to weekly chapters or episodes. Many of the issues here are things that either can still or have a good chance of happening in the future, but with the chapters being monthly the story feels as if it drags out, even though we are only a measly 15 chapters into the story (some of which even split up into half chapters, though that is not a point in Force's favor either).
Old 2011-06-16, 12:09   Link #2612
Justin_Brett

They seem to be using the pacing of something that's released weekly, too. Like the chapter where Curren first shows up; that could have been in one of the big three with a few edits (and in fact it kind of was in Bleach, for several weeks). It's like this wasn't planned to come out monthly at all.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 12:58   Link #2613
Mirron

Personally, I like Force somewhat. Vivid is more likely to give me what I'm looking for since it's more about expanding the world and showing off new styles of magic, whereas Force only is really exploring the Eclipse style.
Old 2011-06-16, 13:06   Link #2614
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And the technological side of the Nanohaverse.
Old 2011-06-16, 13:38   Link #2615
Mirron

Well... I really don't care about the technological side of Nanoha. I may like the Devices, but that's not really applicable to Force, since I'm not a fan of the new weapons. And, as well, what I most like is seeing the new weapons for the new styles, which... are already mostly shown.
Old 2011-06-16, 18:51   Link #2616
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Would be awesome if they manage to use magic to beat anti-magic, like, growing as better mages and learning to overcome the Eclipse, or at least using the 5th Gen upgrades and teaming up to engage their invincible enemies and combine their strenght to exploit the Hucks's weaknesses and assest an imposible victory.

Yup, i just returned from the thetaer after seeing "certain" movie xD

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-16, 19:22   Link #2617
Mirron

I have no clue what movie that'd be. But I do wish they had all been 5th gen weapons, not just... AEC weapons? Would have been nice.
Old 2011-06-16, 22:20   Link #2618
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Anti magic is just something that shaves energy more equally against magic (Or should I say it has a better win ratio 7:3 against magic) as compared to other substances. In the end, it's still a battle of power.

The hate over AEC weapon is unjustified because the majority of reasons are the 'it's SOO not cool' kind. In their reality though, there is a need for such a weapon, considering how miserable the grunt could only cower with their C+ shitty magic when the gadget drones roamed freely during the JS incident.

These weapons seemed to:
1) conserve magic use, thus reduce magic strain on a drawn out battle.
2) kinda 'battery' powered so even grunts can use it. (Not sure, but if they wanna mass produce it...)
3) provides melee combatant who aren't versatile/efficient with ranged magic a choice to be more useful
4) Extra protection for devices. Wouldn't want Raising Heart to break.
5) Deals a sizeable amount of fixed damage at the very least.

Overall it's a pretty darn good tool. Sure it limits magic users to a common fighting style and block usage of skills like Starlight Breaker (Not even sure if this is true actually), but one could assume that it's discardable.

It's also the best thing Nanoha could get for herself. She's a ranged shooter so melee combat is not a concern (If she tries melee she would be slaughtered with or without AEC), she needs to save her strength for major turnarounds in battle, her body gets worse everytime she pushes her limit so she needed tone down her magic use, average it out instead of spiking it mad.
Old 2011-06-16, 23:54   Link #2619
Justin_Brett

Is there room for them in this universe? Maybe, if done well.

Should the main heroes be using them? No. The only reason they are is because the Huckebeins are, again, specifically designed to force them to use such weaponry.

Most of the arguments for these things I see is 'well, they could be useful for the grunts', and that's valid, but Section Six aren't grunts.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 00:12   Link #2620
Mirron

Yeah, kind of how I feel. And part of the appeal to me of Nanoha is how she's always pushing herself. I mean, she'll die when the creator wants her to die, so even if she had never pushed herself, it would have overall the same impact. And I like seeing the magic overall. It's just not the same without the magic spell circles and all that.

Tags
manga, nanoha force