AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2011-07-31, 12:32   Link #3081
Justin_Brett

I can't imagine it's quite that much of a change.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 12:34   Link #3082
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I know this isn't the Fanfiction thread but i think it will be funny trying to imagine how it was the happy pre-Eclipse Cypha xD.

A fun chick who likes rock and roll with her friends at night?

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 12:45   Link #3083
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTFTH View Post
Maybe Teana began working on the investigation before Fate did and that's why she's the one being put in charge?
Judging by initial scenes in the manga they started working on it together or Fate was working on it first.

Right now, though, the most likely explanation is that Fate's working on a different investigation on this case, like maybe investigating the corporations (please, Force, make this even easier on me).
Old 2011-07-31, 12:47   Link #3084
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Probably Teana woul be more impartial since she wasn't at the previous battle and doesn't have the chance to be infected like the others.
Old 2011-07-31, 12:50   Link #3085
Justin_Brett

Hayate getting infected...that's all she needs as a character, isn't it?
Old 2011-07-31, 12:54   Link #3086
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well since the TSAB don't know everything about the virus, they aren't sure how contageous it is. That's why those who encounter infectees need to be tested.

So in the new chapter, Signum does wake up, Lily, Thoma, and Isis are wearing TSAB uniforms now and undergo Nanoha's typical training from hell.

Spoiler for Also...:
Old 2011-07-31, 12:59   Link #3087
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Line up girls! the boys are here!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-07-31, 13:00   Link #3088
NTFTH

How many chapters behind is the English translation right now?
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 13:00   Link #3089
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
About four or five chapters behind. Four last I checked. Same with ViVid.
Old 2011-07-31, 13:01   Link #3090
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I think some time must have passed since Erio is able to walk again.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-07-31, 13:02   Link #3091
Justin_Brett

Maybe some of Signum just rubbed off on him.

This is only what, a couple days after she nearly got quadrasected?
Old 2011-07-31, 13:04   Link #3092
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

After seeing Erio on his feet it must be more like a couple of weeks.

My, my Signum-chan, Erio manage to recover faster than you?

What a Lightning Bruiser xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-07-31, 13:09   Link #3093
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Erio and Vita only got diced up by some book pages, so likely the wounds were superficial and the only real danger was blood loss. Signum's wounds were much more serious. No surprise Erio's already up and about.

That said, we don't know the time context here.
Old 2011-07-31, 15:36   Link #3094
Kuze

Aki got everything on that summary, or as far as my Spanish skills can tell.

On page 6, Cypha does note that the fleshblobs would’ve been their final fate, but it’s not expanded upon (in spite of their special treatment from Vandin maybe? Still looking for the good ratio of virus to human flesh? IDK, nothing is too clear.)

EDIT: Touma says that VIvio is two years younger than he is. I've completely forgotten the timeline sequence and all, but wasn't it that Vivio was ten in ViVid, and Touma was 16 in Force? Or maybe he was actually referring to Einhart? IDK.

As far as English scans for Force goes, let’s just quote raizoo:
Quote:
Why do people comment way more when I’m using a crappy computer? Anyway, I’m sure you’re all wondering when the next Force is coming out and yadda yadda.
… Well, grim news! It’s becoming increasingly difficult for me to do much of anything lately. Good news is that Basaka said he’s willing to TL still if someone else would like to clean. I prolly should have posted something like this sooner, but I didn’t realize how busy things would become for me.
It’s been fun! Later days. :3
And that’s how it goes. The next person to claim that this is proof that Force is unpopular gets a bonk on the head, for a just plain out bad argument.

As far as chapter 18:

Spoiler:

Not as many pictures as last month from LH, I hope this isn’t going to be another 16 page half chapter.

I predict that Teana’s new weapon is a supercharged maser gun.

Quote:
Well of course it does, can't have...wait, does it? The Huckebein seem fairly calm most of the time, if fairly sociopathic.
Quote:
That actually made me think of the Hucks original personalities.
Quote:
I can't imagine it's quite that much of a change.
Well then, I will just leave the words of wisdom from Peter Watts in one of his stories,.
Quote:
But what really pissed me off was the way people kept making excuses for her.
Nobody saw a monster. All anybody saw was a victim of the disease. That’s why Dad never hit back, It’s not her fault, it’s the dementia. People would visit her in the home and she’d rant and spit and say all these vile things about Dad and everyone would just sadly shake their heads and say, “It’s the Alzheimer’s speaking, how can you cut her off like that, she’s your mother.”
But the thing was, they couldn’t have it both ways. If this was the disease, then it wasn’t my mother at all; my mother had died years ago, she died when the dementia undid all the circuits that made her what she was and rewired her into this vicious twisted body-snatcher thing made out of recycled meat. In which case I owed it nothing. And if she was my mother, well, then my mother was a rabid dog that needed to be put down if you ask me, and I didn’t owe that thing any special breaks, either.
No matter how you looked at it, I was off the hook. Switch the wiring, pimp the neurotransmitters, and mother turns into other. There’s nothing fixed about who or what we are, Roger. Even if it looks the same, it’s not. It’s all just wetware to be wiped, rewritten, rebooted.
I have multiple problems with the series and all, but saying that they’re making the Huckbein sympathetic is something I absolutely disagree with. Trying to make them understandable is a bit weak, but the message gets through.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 15:49   Link #3095
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
EDIT: Touma says that VIvio is two years younger than he is. I've completely forgotten the timeline sequence and all, but wasn't it that Vivio was ten in ViVid, and Touma was 16 in Force? Or maybe he was actually referring to Einhart? IDK.
Vivio Vivid: 10
Einhart Vivid: 12

Vivio Force: 12
Einhart Force: 14
Thoma: 15

Vivio's actually 3 years younger... though maybe because of difference in birthday's Vivio is 11 now? Who knows.

Quote:
As far as English scans for Force goes, letís just quote raizoo:

And thatís how it goes. The next person to claim that this is proof that Force is unpopular gets a bonk on the head, for a just plain out bad argument.
Where do I sign up? My editing skills are amateurish at best, but it's better than nothing.
Old 2011-07-31, 16:06   Link #3096
Justin_Brett

Quote:
-Touma and Isis are carrying Strike Cannons, with difficulty. Lily is again dying on the floor, Strike Cannon in front of her. (What the hell are you thinking, Nanoha, Vita!?)
"Um, Nanoha, didn't you say I nearly killed you while you were using one of these?"

"Shut up, Touma."

"And Lily sort of needs to fuse with me to help me fight at all without going crazy, so what's the point of her-"

"Shut UP, Touma."
Old 2011-07-31, 16:11   Link #3097
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Lily, Thoma, and Isis are wearing TSAB uniforms now and undergo Nanoha's typical training from hell.
Hell yea, that's the TSAB way! Got some new kids with magical talents? Put the ungrateful little schmucks to work!

Quote:
Erio/Thoma ftw
Roger that, boss; leaves Lutecia/Caro and Isis/Lily all to themselves. One yaoi pairing for two yuri ones? A more than fair trade-off. :3

Quote:
Translations of both Force and Vivid are five chapters behind the Japanese schedule at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Vivio's actually 3 years younger... though maybe because of difference in birthday's Vivio is 11 now? Who knows.
Maybe he only ever saw her in the Adult Mode.

EDIT: Oh, btw, according to the Japanese wiki, this chapter is labeled as "chapter 18 (part one)", but it doesn't state its pages count. So, how long is this month's release really?
Old 2011-07-31, 17:01   Link #3098
Kuze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser
Where do I sign up? My editing skills are amateurish at best, but it's better than nothing.
Check PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Hell yea, that's the TSAB way! Got some new kids with magical talents? Put the ungrateful little schmucks to work!
Makes you wonder if Touma has a choice in employment when he returns to Mid-Childa. "If you needed a different option soldier, the TSAB would've issued it to you!"

Quote:
Roger that, boss; leaves Lutecia/Caro and Isis/Lily all to themselves. One yaoi pairing for two yuri ones? A more than fair trade-off. :3
Touma can't resist when Erio puts on those short-shorts. :3

Quote:
Translations of both Force and Vivid are five chapters behind the Japanese schedule at the moment.
They're both completely up to date in both spanish and chinese. Sometimes, just sometimes, english scans don't make quite the impact that they do in other countries. The Breaker may be a popular manhwa on Jcafe, mangahelpers and on AS (all english oriented), but the author and illustrator ended up doing a tour in France because it was so much more known there!
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 17:33   Link #3099
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
They're both completely up to date in both spanish and chinese. Sometimes, just sometimes, english scans don't make quite the impact that they do in other countries. The Breaker may be a popular manhwa on Jcafe, mangahelpers and on AS (all english oriented), but the author and illustrator ended up doing a tour in France because it was so much more known there!
Sorta reminds me of when I heard that three popular Japanese JRPG titles were coming to Europe, but not the US. I knew I shouldn't, but I couldn't hold a slow smile of satisfaction from creeping on my face.
Old 2011-07-31, 17:35   Link #3100
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Germans love David Hasslehoff

But yeah, Go Nagai is another one who's big in latino countries but not in the US.

Tags
manga, nanoha force