AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-31, 17:49   Link #3101
Kuze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
The really funny thing is that the Breaker is a entirely online series. Even without registering on Daum, you can read all 108 chapters all you want.

Of course, up to chapter 72, they were still released in magazine and volume format. So, I can only summarize that not only did the French fans buy a considerable amount, but also chose to go to Daum to keep the ratings up, as well as checking out the ads on the side.

Fan support can lead to some really surprising marketing choices after all; We Nanoha fans should know this better than anyone.

Schizo - schizo - schizo - phreeeni-c!
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 18:20   Link #3102
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
Well then, I will just leave the words of wisdom from Peter Watts in one of his stories
I like the quote, though whether Tsuzuki is actually trying to make them sympathetic instead of just understandable is yet to be decided.

Considering past events though, my pessimism says it leans towards the former.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
"Um, Nanoha, didn't you say I nearly killed you while you were using one of these?"

"Shut up, Touma."

"And Lily sort of needs to fuse with me to help me fight at all without going crazy, so what's the point of her-"

"Shut UP, Touma."
"And is that a big fat Caladfwelch check I see bulging from your pocket?"

*I'd insert a "cool your head" joke here* but Touma will probably dispel any magic and we all know what happened the last time Nanoha used Strike Cannon on him


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
Fan support can lead to some really surprising marketing choices after all; We Nanoha fans should know this better than anyone.
Well to buy them they must first sell it to us, don't they? I've never encountered any officially translated Nanoha manga in my country, so I guess my "support" will be nil
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 19:20   Link #3103
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
I'd understand if it was just Touma training with one, since his Divider is a gun/sword hybrid, and a Strike Cannon is a lot safer for sparring, I'd imagine, even if it is more cumbersome and different in function.

But it seems like they're not all that useful for what Lily and Isis bring to the table in combat, and in fact giving one to the latter seems like it would make her less capable.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 19:24   Link #3104
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
Check PM.
Well it seems the only contact method is through MAL. Unfortunately I have to wait 3 days to send a message (what the fuck kind of rule is that?).
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 19:38   Link #3105
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I'd understand if it was just Touma training with one, since his Divider is a gun/sword hybrid, and a Strike Cannon is a lot safer for sparring, I'd imagine, even if it is more cumbersome and different in function.

But it seems like they're not all that useful for what Lily and Isis bring to the table in combat, and in fact giving one to the latter seems like it would make her less capable.
It's possible that they're still working out the bugs and need a number of people of varying magical strengths to iron them out. One of the issues was the level of strength a mage needed to be, and perhaps they haven't fully fixed that one. Of the three people we saw using the Strike Cannon before, only one of them was for all intents and purposes normal. Erio was an artificial mage clone like Fate, and Vita was... well, Vita. Guardian Knight and program and all.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 19:45   Link #3106
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Fair enough, but do Touma and Lily really count as 'normal' anymore?

(That would also be, uh, kinda mean, all things considered)
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 19:48   Link #3107
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Methinks the Lily-exhausted-with-a-strike-cannon scene was more for comedic effect.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 20:01   Link #3108
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Fair enough, but do Touma and Lily really count as 'normal' anymore?

(That would also be, uh, kinda mean, all things considered)
Perhaps not those two (and I agree with Keroko about Lily) but I was thinking more along the lines of Isis.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 20:29   Link #3109
Kuze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias
I like the quote, though whether Tsuzuki is actually trying to make them sympathetic instead of just understandable is yet to be decided.

Considering past events though, my pessimism says it leans towards the former
Yeah, that's understandable. I /was/ in the middle of a sugar high, so it was hard for me to hold to my characterization.

I mean, pessimism and cynicism. I don't mind Force as it isn't a complete screw up, but I really wish it wouldn't screw up so much either.

Quote:
Well to buy them they must first sell it to us, don't they? I've never encountered any officially translated Nanoha manga in my country, so I guess my "support" will be ni
You see, there was never any officially translated Breaker as far as I know. Yet, people still made the shipping orders.

To be honest, I wouldn't order either Nanoha or Breaker if untranslated unless I was doing a favor or being part of a scanlation group, let alone any manga at all.

That is, unless it was anything by Daisuke Moriyama, because, yes, I'm a fanboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser
Well it seems the only contact method is through MAL. Unfortunately I have to wait 3 days to send a message (what the fuck kind of rule is that?).
That still sounds better than leaving a comment on the WP entries and hoping that GiB ever comes around to take a look. ALthough it's still pretty bad.

I don't know if Nina Wolken still visits AS, but if you can get in touch, that might be quicker overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett
I'd understand if it was just Touma training with one, since his Divider is a gun/sword hybrid, and a Strike Cannon is a lot safer for sparring, I'd imagine, even if it is more cumbersome and different in function.

But it seems like they're not all that useful for what Lily and Isis bring to the table in combat, and in fact giving one to the latter seems like it would make her less capable.
Well you see, the idea is that the Book of the Silver Cross will have its shape changed. To a Strike Cannon.

That will open up into smaller Strike Cannons. That can fire more Strike Cannons in lieu of the Hundred Million Stars. Also fires more Strike Cannons to form a shield.

Oh, Touma will still have his Divider, it'll just have a Strike Cannon taped on the blade.

And Isis will have her chemicals replaced by clouds of microscopic Strike cannons that explode into larger Strike Cannons, that then explode into a Strike Cannon shaped explosion, through chemical reaction.

How will Caledfwich do all of this? Don't ask, they're just salivating on how much money they can make off of the TSAB underwriting all of the costs. Aren't monopolies so awesome?

Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 20:54   Link #3110
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Quote:
Well you see, the idea is that the Book of the Silver Cross will have its shape changed. To a Strike Cannon.

That will open up into smaller Strike Cannons. That can fire more Strike Cannons in lieu of the Hundred Million Stars. Also fires more Strike Cannons to form a shield.

Oh, Touma will still have his Divider, it'll just have a Strike Cannon taped on the blade.

And Isis will have her chemicals replaced by clouds of microscopic Strike cannons that explode into larger Strike Cannons, that then explode into a Strike Cannon shaped explosion, through chemical reaction.
Tsuzuki'd do it, too.

Quote:
Methinks the Lily-exhausted-with-a-strike-cannon scene was more for comedic effect.
And I asked 'why' instead of laughing. Guess I have no sense of humor. : (
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 20:57   Link #3111
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
Age: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
I like the quote, though whether Tsuzuki is actually trying to make them sympathetic instead of just understandable is yet to be decided.

Yeah, sympathetic but ireedemable. But But we can do is wait and hope, if Tsuzuki doing is right.
__________________
"Use of deadly force is authorized"
Zero Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 00:33   Link #3112
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
Makes you wonder if Touma has a choice in employment when he returns to Mid-Childa. "If you needed a different option soldier, the TSAB would've issued it to you!"
Nanoha: "Aaavenir! What is your sole purpose in this army?!"
Thoma: "To whatever you tell, Miss Takamachi, Ma'am!"
Nanoha: "Goddamn it, Avenir! You are a goddamn genius! That's the most outstanding answer I've ever heard! You must have a goddamn IC of 160! You are goddam gifted Private Avenir!"




Quote:
Touma can't resist when Erio puts on those short-shorts. :3
Who can?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Methinks the Lily-exhausted-with-a-strike-cannon scene was more for comedic effect.
Personally, I think that was more for fanservice. >__>
__________________
Koveras Alvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 02:28   Link #3113
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
-Signum, Hayate, Agito, Zwei. I have to admit, it is cute. Signum is…a bit too calm for me. Come on, make it look like she’s prepared to admit to herself that’s she’s really glad to be alive. It doesn’t have to be like Brooke from One Piece, but it really should be a quiet emotional scene.
Calm after that? So Tsuzuki goes with the indifferent version and select the most boring reaction to this. Signum will act as if nothing happened. Pretty lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
Also, bets on whether or not Signum will have the scars on her next swimsuit special?
The eternal reminder of the day she acted like a moron xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's possible that they're still working out the bugs and need a number of people of varying magical strengths to iron them out. One of the issues was the level of strength a mage needed to be, and perhaps they haven't fully fixed that one. Of the three people we saw using the Strike Cannon before, only one of them was for all intents and purposes normal. Erio was an artificial mage clone like Fate, and Vita was... well, Vita. Guardian Knight and program and all.
Hayate's guardian nights are as frail as common humans by now. Looks like their abnormal toughness is finally gone.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-08-01 at 02:49.
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 02:58   Link #3114
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
... seriously, Aki, enough is enough. You're not even on the same subject as the rest of us. We're all sick and tired of it and we just want you to lay off. Is that too much to ask?
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 03:05   Link #3115
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I'm discussing about details of the most recent chapter of the FORCE manga and relating it with issues related to previous chapters of the same work. Who's that not ontopic?

It's not sugar and flowers but it's related to the thread. Besides there's always plenty of time and opportunities for translation and context to come and prove me wrong. But so far i was right on most of what i was guessing(not that i'm particulary happy about it, i should be happier if i where wrong). Even then, there's still time for that punch to come into my face, even after all my complaints i keep prying for that day to come.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 03:09   Link #3116
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
No. What you are doing is bashing a character for far too long, well past the point where it stopped being funny.

My own remark about Vita concerned her magical strength, the level of magical power she has. It had nothing to do with her physical toughness, so why are you even bothering to bring it up?

And were Vita a real person, she'd break you in half for that comment.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 03:10   Link #3117
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base partying with the Sendai sisters
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I like the quote, though whether Tsuzuki is actually trying to make them sympathetic instead of just understandable is yet to be decided.

Considering past events though, my pessimism says it leans towards the former.


Precia in the Movie, never forget.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 03:19   Link #3118
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
My own remark about Vita concerned her magical strength, the level of magical power she has. It had nothing to do with her physical toughness, so why are you even bothering to bring it up?
What i was trying to say is that the Wolkenritter are no different from normal human mages now, at least strenght wise. But i think i'm not managed to express the idea properly. My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And were Vita a real person, she'd break you in half for that comment.
If she were a real person i won't be making those comments on first place xDU. I'm heartbroken but i'm not a suicidal moron. What kind of fool goes against someone far stronger than oneself? ...wait.

By the way, returning to the main discussion. Kuze, don't you have images about the comments you did xD?
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-08-01 at 11:27.
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 07:26   Link #3119
Mirron
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
As others have said, it wasn't like Signum had much of a choice. Can't just sit by and let civilians be in danger like that, even if it is nigh suicidal. But you also already know this, so not like it matters any.

Aww, Erio/Thoma looks cute. I'd love that pairing to get established more. :P

Sounds interesting so far though, wonder just what will happen. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Though I don't see how the Huckbein are any less sympathetic than the Wolkenritter so far, at least as far as the lots of deaths deal. Though they're significantly less noble than them, which is probably the issue.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 08:50   Link #3120
Kuze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
LeoHeart has all of the spoiler pictures on his blog near the end of the month. Howeveeeer, I have no permission to post any of his pictures, nor do I wish to ask for it, and I would much prefer for them all to stay where they are. But that's already pretty much the same thing said as the last time this came up. We're not trying to bring the heat down on LH, thanks.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga, nanoha force

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.