AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2011-08-20, 05:41   Link #3521
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Given their adult forms, I guess it's no surprise they started early.
I always wondered what that Adult Mode transformation is gonna do to their hormonal balance. Because, you know, there is a reason adult women look different from preteen girls, and that has (as far as science can tell) to do with hormones released by adult's glands. So if a body is artificially aged, said glands must also kick in in force and start pumping out hormones like no tomorrow. Even after the transformation is reversed, the hormones should still remain there (unless all three of them are biology-savvy enough to cleanse their bloodstreams, as well), speeding up the growing process. If they transform too often, I wouldn't be surprised if Vivio and Einhalt end up with voluptuous adult bodies at the age of 14-15. That'd be so embarrassing for Nanoha, btw, having an (seemingly) adult daughter at the age of 28.

EDIT: Page claim for voluptuous adult women. :3
Old 2011-08-20, 05:54   Link #3522
Sheba
Night Battle Oh La La

Your post then brings a sound in mind.

Boing boing.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 06:07   Link #3523
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
I always wondered what that Adult Mode transformation is gonna do to their hormonal balance. Because, you know, there is a reason adult women look different from preteen girls, and that has (as far as science can tell) to do with hormones released by adult's glands. So if a body is artificially aged, said glands must also kick in in force and start pumping out hormones like no tomorrow. Even after the transformation is reversed, the hormones should still remain there (unless all three of them are biology-savvy enough to cleanse their bloodstreams, as well), speeding up the growing process. If they transform too often, I wouldn't be surprised if Vivio and Einhalt end up with voluptuous adult bodies at the age of 14-15. That'd be so embarrassing for Nanoha, btw, having an (seemingly) adult daughter at the age of 28.

EDIT: Page claim for voluptuous adult women. :3
I think I just heard a thousand H-artists cheer in the distance.
Old 2011-08-20, 09:51   Link #3524
Kuze

Sadly, I think it's actually a thousand H-circles crying out in pain. Remember, lolicon is numbah one in the hood, G!

Now, if overuse of adult mode lead to them developing wrinkles and loose skin early, yeah, all of them would cry out in pain then.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 11:47   Link #3525
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Pretty sure it creates the appearance of an adult, not functionally or developmentally.

Yuuno ferret magic ftw

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 12:04   Link #3526
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

To a degree, if it didn't enhance strength or magic, then there'd be a lot less point to having said forms (the only one I can think of from the top of my head would be reach, and that's not exactly worth designing an entire mode for when all it takes is a couple of years to reach that size).

But over-thinking this, we are. 12 year olds with chests like that are hardly unheard off.
Old 2011-08-21, 02:25   Link #3527
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Pretty sure it creates the appearance of an adult, not functionally or developmentally.
ViVid chapters 1 and 2 specifically state that Adult Mode is made for magical training, to which an adult body is more suited than that of a child. Ergo, the difference is functional, not just cosmetic. However, whether it also causes hormonal problems and accelerated growth is pure speculation on my part.
Old 2011-08-21, 02:49   Link #3528
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

ViVid discussion is ViVid xDU

Oh well, apparently i finded the script of Ch. 18, so you can give a peek.

Spoiler for Lots of japanese stuff o_o:

After a half-baked translation on google apparently this chapter is mostly filler(or at least gives a filler-like feeling xDU) to cover more of the training of the kids with no relevant info being revealed aside of a little comment about Caledfwich next step in combat crime or something like that.

Japanese-readers! please! xD

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 02:53   Link #3529
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
ViVid discussion is ViVid xDU
Nope, we're discussing Ein's and Vivio's growth in Force, so you're going to have to put up with us. :3

But yeah, fillerish chapter is not that surprising. After a lot of battlechapters a calm chapter was to be expected.
Old 2011-08-21, 03:03   Link #3530
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
But yeah, fillerish chapter is not that surprising. After a lot of battlechapters a calm chapter was to be expected.
A calm chapter with actual important info woulde be also welcomed, but yeah, Ch. 17 has ton of info so i think it's understandable.

Generic "welcome to life" greeting is generic xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-21, 03:50   Link #3531
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
W00t, Tsuzuki is actually familiar with writing conventions? trollface.jpg

On an unrelated bit of trivia, I just noticed that based on the number of unique visitors of the respective characters' Wikia pages, the most popular seven are:

1. Nanoha
2. Fate
3. Hayate
4. Vivio
5. Signum
6. Subaru
7. Vita

I guess almost getting yourself killed does give you extra popularity coins. :3
Old 2011-08-21, 03:55   Link #3532
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Spoiler for Lots of japanese stuff o_o:

After a half-baked translation on google apparently this chapter is mostly filler(or at least gives a filler-like feeling xDU) to cover more of the training of the kids with no relevant info being revealed aside of a little comment about Caledfwich next step in combat crime or something like that.

Japanese-readers! please! xD
So, in this chapter is not only narrated Signum's awakening, but also about Thoma how to control the power of Eclipse that was in him, right? I hope that Thoma could do well.

Well, I myself was not a good Japanese translator, but I could interpret it as much as possible.
Old 2011-08-21, 04:00   Link #3533
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
I guess almost getting yourself killed does give you extra popularity coins. :3
Now she only need the tragic backstory explained in detail and Signum will be ready to compete with any Nar*to character in popularity xD

EDIT:
This have enough material for a Rocky IV Spoof xD

Fate Testarossa - Rocky Balboa
Signum - Apollo Creed
Cypha - Ivan Drago
Vita - Apollo's Trainer

*Fate making push ups with Subaru sitted on her back*
Vita: No Pain! No Pain! No Pain!

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-08-21 at 04:19.
Old 2011-08-21, 04:25   Link #3534
Sheba
Night Battle Oh La La

Naruto? Pfffffft. If you are looking at popularity over the jpn web and how crazy in pop culture it can be, you need to look at Vocaloid, especially Miku, and Touhou. Then we can talk.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 04:32   Link #3535
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
So, in this chapter is not only narrated Signum's awakening, but also about Thoma how to control the power of Eclipse that was in him, right? I hope that Thoma could do well.
Hmm, weren't they supposed to, like, heal him?

"Hey, boss, didn't we promise to help him get rid of Eclipse?"
"Naaah, the treatment is real expensive, so the dude better start working his anti-magic ass off for the Bureau..."
Old 2011-08-21, 04:37   Link #3536
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yup, i'm also wondering why can Vita and Nanoha teach to a guy that is like ten times stronget than them xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-21, 04:59   Link #3537
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Thoma is hardly stronger than them. He's just the water to their fire. And in the bureau's defense, it kinda makes sense that if you have someone with anti-magic weaponry it's a good thing to train him and get him on your side. There's a lot of pesky magic using villains out there who'll shit bricks when Thoma comes knocking.
Old 2011-08-21, 05:05   Link #3538
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

To be honest, Tohma can potentially kill anything by taking the zero effect to the extremes, not just magic xD

Rather than the water to their fire he's more like the void that engulfs everything XD

At this point i think he can curbstomp Reinforce Eins xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-21, 05:28   Link #3539
mechdra

Is it me or the latest chapter indicating that TSAB is turning into Hellsing. Use fire to fight fire.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 05:32   Link #3540
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Needs more blood to be Hellsing.

Quote:
To be honest, Tohma can potentially kill anything by taking the zero effect to the extremes, not just magic xD

Rather than the water to their fire he's more like the void that engulfs everything XD

At this point i think he can curbstomp Reinforce Eins xD
The rest of the Nanoha cast have a rather high genocide potential themselves if they decide to remove the stun from their magic. And really, defeating Eins? Even though he lost against RF6 in his übermode?

Tags
manga, nanoha force