AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-21, 12:35   Link #3561
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Depends on what treatment you're talking about. If you mean medical and immediately getting trained afterwards, no. But I have no reason to believe another unit that could secure him wouldn't give him at least the medical attention they have, and inform his relatives of the event. They might have put him under medical supervision (indeed I would expect them to), but I see no reason to believe another unit would immediately start performing experiments without consent.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 12:40   Link #3562
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
They wouldn't, but maybe they'd isolate him as a percaution against him going berserk.

They might also be more inclined to obey if they were told to hand him over to another group that may or may not be on the up and up. Subaru would most certainly fight it if she were told to give him to people who are "totally not suspicious, I swear!"

He did get lucky that he was picked up by his loved ones.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 13:23   Link #3563
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
They wouldn't, but maybe they'd isolate him as a percaution against him going berserk.
If they have a working treatment, why would they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
They might also be more inclined to obey if they were told to hand him over to another group that may or may not be on the up and up.
Unless said group so happens to be the government of the place they captured him, I can't see any viable reason why the TSAB would simply hand over Thoma.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 13:30   Link #3564
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Other group within the Bureau. Or a higher up that's in bed with the evil scientists could hand the order down.

You might not think the Bureau is corrupt, but not everyone in it is Mother Teresa.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 14:18   Link #3565
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Guys, guys, you're conveniently forgetting that those labs are much more probably property of "Vandin Corporation". Supported by the fact that, at the moment, they're the only ones canonically in possesion of one of such labs and the results of their investigation already started to pay off in the form of the Book and Divider replicas. Unless some connection gets implied between them and the TSAB i still can give the naive Bureau a chance xD.

About Tohma VS. Reinforce let's take some things into consideration:

1.- Tohma is against killing but his book isn't
2.- Reinforce can destroy worlds but Tohma can end all life and energy within an area at least as big as Two Warships.
3.- Tohma got "defeated" because the heroes have Anti-Anti-Magic stuff which Reinforce lacks(also really good luck), even the strongest of the conventional mages represent no more threat to a Tohma-level Eclipse Driver than the strongest Ant.

So yeah i guess it will reduce to who is able to destroy the conditions of survival of the other(i wonder if a full fledged Eclipse Driver can survive IN SPACE! xD).
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 14:18   Link #3566
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Oh, this argument again. The big bad TSAB is gonna abuse the Eclipse Infectees, waaaaaaaah. There's no proof of that that the writer has actually followed up on, but I'll say it's going to happen anyway!
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 14:19   Link #3567
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Personally, I find power level discussions hilarious. War is not just a matter of overpowering your enemy, it's also about outsmarting. And doing both while still following your self-imposed restraints in the forms of whatever rule of war you're following. Seriously, nuke the planet? If that's the solution to every insurgency, we'd already be living on a radioactive wasteland.
Funny, that means the loser side is not only weaker but that they're weak morons xD.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-08-21 at 14:32.
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 14:47   Link #3568
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Oh, this argument again. The big bad TSAB is gonna abuse the Eclipse Infectees, waaaaaaaah. There's no proof of that that the writer has actually followed up on, but I'll say it's going to happen anyway!
Who said it was going to happen? I've been saying that it's a possibility. Here you got a powerful weapon. Why wouldn't the Bureau want it for themselves?

And yet everyone keeps saying "It's not possible because the Bureau is pure and just and good and there's no way they'd ever do anything wrong!" despite the fact that we have 3 separate occasions where Bureau personnel were behind everything.

Don't generalize the Bureau based on how messianic Nanoha and her pals are.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 14:52   Link #3569
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
And yet everyone keeps saying "It's not possible because the Bureau is pure and just and good and there's no way they'd ever do anything wrong!" despite the fact that we have 3 separate occasions where Bureau personnel were behind everything.
Nobody is saying that xDU. I'm not against the idea of some radicall cells whitng the TSAB but i'm against the idea that the TSAB is an eeevil organization as a whole xDU. You talk about them as if they were commanded by Lex Luthor xDU.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 15:01   Link #3570
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
I'm saying give me some proof if you want me to believe it.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 15:04   Link #3571
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I specifically said that the Bureau as a whole isn't evil. All it would take would be to have some one like Lex giving out orders, and those orders have to be obeyed.

Their motives probably aren't evil either, just very extremist. The lives of a few Eclipse infectees are nothing if it means protecting the universe.

They seem very preoccupied with capturing the Huckebein instead of, ya know, looking for the people spreading the virus around, or the ones who actually tried to kill Thoma and Lily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm saying give me some proof if you want me to believe it.
And I have. Might not be very concrete, but no less so than the counter arguments that say the Bureau isn't involved on any level.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 15:17   Link #3572
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
They seem very preoccupied with capturing the Huckebein instead of, ya know, looking for the people spreading the virus around, or the ones who actually tried to kill Thoma and Lily.
Who says they don't have other units working on that, sure there isn't any proof that they're working on that but there's also no evidence that they isn't.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 15:33   Link #3573
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Instead we know for a fact that the Bureau was cooperating with them in the search for Thoma.

If they somehow managed to dispose of all incriminating evidence before the Bureau came to investigate that much is applause worthy. But then that giant whole in the cieling requires some explaining.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 15:38   Link #3574
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
If they somehow managed to dispose of all incriminating evidence before the Bureau came to investigate that much is applause worthy. But then that giant whole in the cieling requires some explaining.
An accidentally exploding generator xD?
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 15:41   Link #3575
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Well how many times have you made this argument, and people have asked you for some proof of it in THIS story? You'd think you'd have realized it's not one worth making anymore since people will just counter with something you can't back. If you say it's a possibility, then so is pigs flying, potentially.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2011-08-21 at 15:51.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 15:54   Link #3576
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Yes, how silly of me for thinking that in an organization with hundreds of thousands of members at least one of them could be corrupt. What an idiot I am.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 16:10   Link #3577
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Yes, how silly of me for thinking that in an organization with hundreds of thousands of members at least one of them could be corrupt. What an idiot I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Anyways, you can't deny that Thoma wouldn't get such great treatment if he was picked up by people he didn't know.
Funny, from the way you worded your I was under the impression that everyone but Section 6 were eeeeevvvvuuuullll!

Great treatment? Probably not. Doesn't mean the only option would be "MWAHAHHA! Obey us or perish!" one, y'know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Funny, that means the loser side is not only weaker but that they're weak morons xD.
What, you've never heard the terminology "Asymmetrical Warfare?"
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 16:22   Link #3578
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Funny, from the way you worded your I was under the impression that everyone but Section 6 were eeeeevvvvuuuullll!

Great treatment? Probably not. Doesn't mean the only option would be "MWAHAHHA! Obey us or perish!" one, y'know
I didn't say nor imply that. It's "He's precious family" vs "he just another passenger" vs "he's a valuable research sample" etc.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 16:32   Link #3579
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
And I have. Might not be very concrete, but no less so than the counter arguments that say the Bureau isn't involved on any level.
"It happened before" is not proof. And the lack of any proof that the bureau is involved is on its own proof that they aren't.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 16:34   Link #3580
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I said more than just that.

Also, a precedent is a valuable thing. If it happened before it will probably happen again.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga, nanoha force

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.