AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2011-08-23, 15:19   Link #3661
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCHMl...eature=related

Paper combat.

Proto, who couldn't resist making this jab
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 15:20   Link #3662
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
But speaking of unique skills, until Curren And Thoma, have we ever someone using paper in combat?
Nope, but we don't know if some of those Book replicas had fallen in the wrong hands.

I also wonder if Curren's Book is a replica of Tohma's or a completely new book(or again, maybe the Book of the Silver Cross is divided on volumes?). Or maybe none of those two are the real thing and the true Big Bad will appear holding the true Book of the Silver Cross.

...5 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 15:50   Link #3663
Justin_Brett

Quote:
But speaking of unique skills, until Curren And Thoma, have we ever someone using paper in combat?
Hey yeah, why don't they call attention to that? It's far more unique.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 16:29   Link #3664
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Hey yeah, why don't they call attention to that? It's far more unique.
She did. She said "combat style" which tends to refer to the entirety of combat.
Old 2011-08-23, 16:44   Link #3665
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I also wonder if Curren's Book is a replica of Tohma's or a completely new book(or again, maybe the Book of the Silver Cross is divided on volumes?). Or maybe none of those two are the real thing and the true Big Bad will appear holding the true Book of the Silver Cross.
If there is 4 Conductors/Plugs, I think there is a book for each.
Curren`s book is a different color than Thoma`s too.
The question is does Curren as a Lily hidding somewhere ?
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 17:24   Link #3666
Justin_Brett

I guess she did, huh. I still find it a little weird, though.

And it's probably Veyron for her book.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 18:06   Link #3667
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
...and all the guards, office personal and floor employees of Vandin Corporation.

...yeah, the Hucks killed that eeevil coffee guy xDU
To be fair, I said I'd need to know more of the details of any other killings, and I haven't read that chapter yet (I will when it's translated, heh). But it sounds like bad guys killing bad guys, so I'm not exactly shedding a tear, yet.

Quote:
She's currently planning on what appears to be a meeting of various family or potential family members out there, which brings a lot of possibilities for her master plan. What's exactly on Curren's mind? That's a big question for now.
Karen. And more than her, I'm wondering who else is waiting in the shadows. The Hucks don't feel like the big bads here, despite how bad some might view them. Even if I agree with that assessment, I still feel like there's another person out there that is a major piece of the puzzle. The Regius, if you will.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 18:43   Link #3668
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
To be fair, I said I'd need to know more of the details of any other killings, and I haven't read that chapter yet (I will when it's translated, heh). But it sounds like bad guys killing bad guys, so I'm not exactly shedding a tear, yet.
Not that it matter but i don't think EVERYONE in the building is an evil terribad person, i wonder what kind of evil toughts are on the mind of the guy who runs the copier machine, or the dudes who do the cleaning. I mean, just because you're an employee on an evil corporation that doesn't make you instantly evil. The executive comitee, unboubtly evil. The scientist, very probably. The bodyguards and security, well it's their job to take the bullet so it's ok. But what the common employer do to the Hucks to deserve being slaughtered? Did some of those guys give Cypha a nasty compliment or something?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Karen. And more than her, I'm wondering who else is waiting in the shadows. The Hucks don't feel like the big bads here, despite how bad some might view them. Even if I agree with that assessment, I still feel like there's another person out there that is a major piece of the puzzle. The Regius, if you will.
Regius didn't end up being that big of a figure. At the end he also ended up being a mere puppet and pay for the corruption of his ways with his life. If some business/military guy is behind the Hucks possibilities are high that Curren is already on the way of getting rid of said "puppeter". It becomes clearly that she takes more priority on her family and fellow infected people as also demanding absolute respect from people that make bussiness with her as proven by her assault to Vandin Corp.

By what i've seen and readed apparently those guys have some sort of relation with the Hucks but started to do thing out of the conditions of their deal and Curren take hand on the matter immediately(with such high priority that she decides to leave the quest for Tohma without a second tought). and now, this reunion, whater Curren is planning seems to be big.

...5 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 18:55   Link #3669
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
And society's view on killing is very hypocritical. "It's not okay to kill unless you do it for your country!" and so on. A lot of people resist from doing certain things solely because they don't want to go to jail for it.
Yes, people avoid doing many things because they'll get sent to jail for it. But murder is not one of those things. If you were to go out and ask someone why they wouldn't murder someone, the average person would say they won't commit murder because it's wrong rather than it's a crime. Saying the latter is equivalent to saying "It's OK as long as you aren't caught". Saying the latter means they find nothing wrong with murder at all.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 20:30   Link #3670
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
But how did it come to be considered wrong? It's because the law says so. Society tells us it's wrong (unless you're in the army or your state has the death penalty or abortion is allowed) so we consider it wrong. The fact remains that people do commit murder, and I'm sure there are those out there who didn't get caught and are pretty chill about it. If thinking murder is wrong is a fundamental human trait, then it wouldn't happen as much as it does.

Killing is considered wrong because of the idea that everyone has a right to life. But here in lies the connundrum. To the Huckebein, killing and living are the same thing. So if killing is wrong, then that means them living is wrong. But if everyone has the right to life, then them living can't be wrong.
Old 2011-08-23, 22:15   Link #3671
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

Quote:
But how did it come to be considered wrong? It's because the law says so. Society tells us it's wrong (unless you're in the army or your state has the death penalty or abortion is allowed) so we consider it wrong. The fact remains that people do commit murder, and I'm sure there are those out there who didn't get caught and are pretty chill about it. If thinking murder is wrong is a fundamental human trait, then it wouldn't happen as much as it does.

Killing is considered wrong because of the idea that everyone has a right to life. But here in lies the connundrum. To the Huckebein, killing and living are the same thing. So if killing is wrong, then that means them living is wrong. But if everyone has the right to life, then them living can't be wrong.

Lol, so overly complicated.

Huckebein kills human, so for the sake of our own survival, we'll kill them first- simply as that. If they don't want to compromise, then so be it.

We did it to the tigers, we did it to the vampires, we'll do it again to the Huckebein.

I'm sure they'll have no complains.

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 22:38   Link #3672
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

That's cool, so long as you accept that doing so makes you no better than they are.
Old 2011-08-23, 22:50   Link #3673
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

Quote:
That's cool, so long as you accept that doing so makes you no better than they are.
*shrugged*

If they don't want to compromise like human beings, then they don't leave us alot of choice right? I'm not willing to sacrifice people's lives for the sake of equality, or would you prefer the good old days where we periodically sacrifice virgins to appease monsters?

They attack us, we attack back. Humans never like to be bullied so sure Huckebein has as much reason to live as... You know, like vampires and werewolves... And we have every right to cut them down like monsters or pound them into submission and keep them in cages.

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 22:51   Link #3674
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
So their victims has no right to live?
Old 2011-08-23, 23:16   Link #3675
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Animals in nature straight up murder each other all the time.

And lest you think I'm just talking about animals that kill to eat.... think again. Monkies have been observed traveling dozens of miles in single file, not stopping for anything, until they reach another tribe... and then they straight up kill any members of that tribe that are off by themselves. Why? to expand their territory. Monkeys were literally going to war.

Man is an animal. Sometimes we like to think ourselves better, but almost anything man does, can be found being duplicated by animals.

So be careful when discussing morality of specific actions. The law of nature is that the strong win. Man is no different.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 23:27   Link #3676
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
*shrugged*

If they don't want to compromise like human beings, then they don't leave us alot of choice right? I'm not willing to sacrifice people's lives for the sake of equality, or would you prefer the good old days where we periodically sacrifice virgins to appease monsters?

They attack us, we attack back. Humans never like to be bullied so sure Huckebein has as much reason to live as... You know, like vampires and werewolves... And we have every right to cut them down like monsters or pound them into submission and keep them in cages.
Indeed, basically people do not like it when disturbed. But the problem now is the Huckebein was the one who started all this. We know that they are suffering because they experienced the influence of Eclipse, but seen from their behavior seemed to have exceeded the word stubborn. In other words, ignorant. Hayate trying desperately to help Huckebein, but what were the results? Rejected. Not to mention the leaders look like an asshole. Likewise with Fate, he also said that "we can solve this problem without bloodshed". The result, also rejected by Deville. There is no other way, except for providing appropriate penalties by their deeds: death.

On the other hand, I also understand why Curren let Hayate alive, she might want to ask for help to her because she was so famous. But seen from his behavior, as if she was wanted to mockingly Hayate and said "we do not need you, slut. We can handle it alone." Actually, what she want if ever Curren and her gang have her revenge? Continue to kill all living things or what?
Old 2011-08-23, 23:28   Link #3677
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
So their victims has no right to live?
Of course they do, hense the connundrum. Unless of course one thinks so highly of themself that they think they get to declare that some one has more right to live than another. That's just plain arrogance bordering on God complex.

People are passing judgement on the Hucks when they have no right to do so. They're human just like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Indeed, basically people do not like it when disturbed. But the problem now is the Huckebein was the one who started all this. We know that they are suffering because they experienced the influence of Eclipse, but seen from their behavior seemed to have exceeded the word stubborn. In other words, ignorant. Hayate trying desperately to help Huckebein, but what were the results? Rejected. Not to mention the leaders look like an asshole. Likewise with Fate, he also said that "we can solve this problem without bloodshed". The result, also rejected by Deville. There is no other way, except for providing appropriate penalties by their deeds: death.
So, give themselves up to the Bureau and... then what? Sit around and do nothing while the Bureau tries to come up with a cure? A cure that they might not even develop. And when their urge to kill surfaces, the Bureau certainly won't let them sate that so they become lumps of meat.

So, it's death either way. Better to be free and search for your own methods of survival than to be confined and wait for certain death. The choice is obvious.
Old 2011-08-23, 23:32   Link #3678
Zero Hurricane

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Hurricane
Indeed they are all human, but their leaders had not human anymore, but pariah in my eyes
Old 2011-08-23, 23:35   Link #3679
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

A pariah is still human, yo.
Old 2011-08-23, 23:47   Link #3680
Zero Hurricane

Indeed you're right. Although I think so, but I also have high expectations to the Bureau if there is a vaccine for antidote Eclipse. Lily may could have the antidotes.

Tags
manga, nanoha force