AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-07, 19:33   Link #4761
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nanoha Used Car Dealership. RERISE!
Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
chrono has a ship of his own
__________________
For those that belittle their favorite characters, complain about pairings, complain about oversexed images. Stop, thank you.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:40   Link #4762
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
chrono has a ship of his own
Hey, the question is who can replace Hayate as the commander. Not to mention the Wolfram's armaments did jack shit so might as well use his ship.

Or you can pry Lindy out of her retirement.
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:42   Link #4763
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
The only difference the Claudia is going to have to the Wolfram when up against the Esquad Huckebein is that it'll be a bigger target.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:44   Link #4764
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The only difference the Claudia is going to have to the Wolfram when up against the Esquad Huckebein is that it'll be a bigger target.
It's bigger? I never knew we have info on ship sizes. Source?
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:48   Link #4765
LostSome
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Did the Esquad Huckebein did anything besides running away against the Wolfram ?
If Stella had just turned the ship around and fought back, what could the Wolfram had done ?
__________________
Nyohohohoho ! It`s the law of the universe that only wizards die as virgins.
You can`t let yourself die as a virgin, right ?
-Old geezer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:49   Link #4766
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Pink-haired girl who served as the skipper on the Arthra in StrikerS--the position Amy had in the previous two seasons. She communicated with Signum when Signum and Agito took down all those drones.
Her hair is blue.

Amy was only a communication's officer. Lucino actually drove the ship.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:50   Link #4767
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Her hair is blue.
We're both wrong, it's purple.

__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 20:08   Link #4768
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Being in command just isn't all that glorious. It's mostly paper work and politics. But that's what Hayate wanted so no sense complaining about it.
There are dozens of manga, comics, anime and live action shows in which commanding officers are made of pure awesome. It's not about Hayate wanting command, it's about how it's written. Which is crap, and about as bad as Yuuno getting shafted to the library.

I'm okay with Hayate being in command as long as it's written good and entertaining. Tsuzuki can't do this, which means that the character in command is generally shafted, with their only moments of screentime holding the idiot ball.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 20:31   Link #4769
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The only difference the Claudia is going to have to the Wolfram when up against the Esquad Huckebein is that it'll be a bigger target.
Apparently the Claudia is indeed larger. Doesn't mean we can't have Chrono take command of the Wolfram instead

Anyway, does size really matter? I'm going to tie this with this question below,
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
If Stella had just turned the ship around and fought back, what could the Wolfram had done ?
and add the questions "Does the Esquad even have anti-ship weaponry?" and "How powerful would the weapon be?"

Because though bigger size means bigger target, it also means more layers of armor and steel to destroy before the ship perish. If the Hucks have one-hit kill guns like the Arc then the size is indeed a liability, but if it takes barrages to down a ship then the Claudia would last longer simply by virtue of having more parts stuff to be destroyed before reaching the critical parts.

And regarding what the Wolfram could have done had the Esquad return fire. If the Esquad has no anti-ship weapons (and we haven't seen any, yet) then...ram the ship, I guess? If they have the guns...pray for a miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm okay with Hayate being in command as long as it's written good and entertaining. Tsuzuki can't do this, which means that the character in command is generally shafted, with their only moments of screentime holding the idiot ball.
And they didn't even give her a "boobs jiggle when ship got shot" stock footage *RUNZ*
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 20:54   Link #4770
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nanoha Used Car Dealership. RERISE!
Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Ah captain tyler. Ram the ship! "you mad!?"

...

...

organic ship gets sliced in half by the bulkhead of the non organic ship
__________________
For those that belittle their favorite characters, complain about pairings, complain about oversexed images. Stop, thank you.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 21:06   Link #4771
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
and add the questions "Does the Esquad even have anti-ship weaponry?" and "How powerful would the weapon be?"
It does have weaponry. Stella mentions attacking back a little to drive them off, "like usual", when the Wolfram attacks the Esquad Huckebein. Furthermore, Arnage was stationed at the ship's guns at Fortis' order.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 21:17   Link #4772
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
and add the questions "Does the Esquad even have anti-ship weaponry?" and "How powerful would the weapon be?"
I wonder if those big blade-like things the ship have in both sides can be used as a contact weapon. It will be cool seeing the Esquad slicing other ships xD!

Stella: Taste the edge of "The Sky Sword"
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 21:45   Link #4773
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It does have weaponry. Stella mentions attacking back a little to drive them off, "like usual", when the Wolfram attacks the Esquad Huckebein. Furthermore, Arnage was stationed at the ship's guns at Fortis' order.
But are they large-caliber anti-ship guns or small point defenses?

...then again, we never actually seen any of theses, either. Why didn't Stella fire, again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I wonder if those big blade-like things the ship have in both sides can be used as a contact weapon. It will be cool seeing the Esquad slicing other ships xD!
Umm, I only mentioned ramming because the Wolfram doesn't have guns that can harm the Esquad - it's a last resort thing. If the Hucks actually have cannons they could just, y'know, fire?
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 22:23   Link #4774
Kuze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I thought they meant sending out members of the Huckbein to attack the Wolfram. There's no mention of any ship mounted weapons on the Esquad as far as I know.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 22:28   Link #4775
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
I thought they meant sending out members of the Huckbein to attack the Wolfram. There's no mention of any ship mounted weapons on the Esquad as far as I know.
Record 9, Page 9, bottom panel:

Fortis: "I'll leave the interception to you three. Aru, support them at the ship guns, and I'll go with Stella."
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 22:29   Link #4776
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Umm, I only mentioned ramming because the Wolfram doesn't have guns that can harm the Esquad - it's a last resort thing. If the Hucks actually have cannons they could just, y'know, fire?
But you must admit it will be incredibly cool to see a ship swordfighting another one xD!

Rule of Cool as it's purest xD!
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 22:33   Link #4777
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Record 9, Page 9, bottom panel:

Fortis: "I'll leave the interception to you three. Aru, support them at the ship guns, and I'll go with Stella."
Again, why didn't they fire? Why wait until the Wolfram is within spitting range? Even if the guns are merely short-ranged CIWS they could have used it to fend off the boarding party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
But you must admit it will be incredibly cool to see a ship swordfighting another one xD!

Rule of Cool as it's purest xD!
I'm more inclined to Dr. Henry Jones Jr.'s "just shoot him" mentality

Besides, only DA ORKS can do that and looks awesome instead of utterly ridiculous.
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 22:40   Link #4778
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Besides, only DA ORKS can do that and looks awesome instead of utterly ridiculous.
C'mon, we're talking about the Huckebein here, they eternally live on the thin line between ridiculous and awesome xD!
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 22:43   Link #4779
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
If you reread the chapter, you'd know that they didn't have time to react--they didn't expect the AEC equipment. In rapid succession, they'd been hit by the Strike Cannon, then a Plasma Pile, and then the boarding party infiltrated the ship through the damaged section Vita made, all before Stella could get to the controls and repair the damage that was wrought on the ship.

We don't know if the Esquad Huckebein started firing after that point; we only see the battle within the ship. And only minutes later, Touma fired off the Divide Zero Eclipse and brought the battle to a complete halt on both sides.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 22:51   Link #4780
ZeroIchiNi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Pink-haired girl who served as the skipper on the Arthra in StrikerS--the position Amy had in the previous two seasons. She communicated with Signum when Signum and Agito took down all those drones.
I though that was Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Her hair is blue.

Amy was only a communication's officer. Lucino actually drove the ship.
so she's just a pilot... Did she do anything that no one else does? like deliver a school uniform?
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga, nanoha force

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.