AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 22:04   Link #5381
Justin_Brett

Yeah, that's always possible. They just don't feel like it with him, apparently.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 23:25   Link #5382
rxrx

Who knows. I guess we need more time to see how the story will go.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 00:53   Link #5383
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Just hope the aces will not steal the spotlight too much and delve into the unhealthy relationship between Touma and Hayate.
It`s only a GoD joke hopefully...

I`m still waiting for Lily do go Yandere on Thoma. You`re my driver or else !
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 00:55   Link #5384
rxrx

A crack: Hayate is Yandere on Touma, thus she makes his life hard because he is not noticing her but spend more time with Lily and Isis and even the Wolken more.
Old 2012-01-17, 05:50   Link #5385
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Yeah, that's always possible. They just don't feel like it with him, apparently.
There's a difference between "A character that isn't interesting" and "A character I don't find interesting."
Old 2012-01-17, 09:32   Link #5386
Justin_Brett

Oh, there is some stuff about him that's interesting. Those parts have just been minimalized as much as possible - intentionally, I think.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 09:34   Link #5387
rxrx

Which is a shame as Touma and Lily's character is developed in the PSP game and not the comic where they star.
Old 2012-01-17, 12:24   Link #5388
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Well, the development they got was only possible due to the setting. When faced with the chance to change the past his immediate reply is "Nah, it might have been tough at times but I like the way my life is. I don't want to change it."

The them in the game are from a point further in the manga, though. Lily knows Einhart and they've apparently fought before (Thoma realised it was her due to her strength), and that has yet to happen in Force.
Old 2012-01-17, 12:28   Link #5389
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I just don't see how that'd work. With the brains, maybe, but Regius? The guy was already uncomfortable with Jail, who at the time wasn't even nearly as bad as Curren. Again, Regius wants to uphold the law, not ignore it. The cyborg project was moral gray area as hell, and something Regius wanted to drag outside the gray area into the light. Hiring Curren, a known criminal charged with first degree murder for who-knows-how-many occasions though? No, I just don't see Regius do that.
Take into consideration that by StrikerS timeline the Huckebein just have around 1 year of activity and thus probably involved in a few crimes and mercenary jobs. We can even handwave that the Brains or Regius have attempted to arrest/kill them after they finished the job for them and thus explaining once and for all why the Huckebein is so unreasonably distrustfull of the TSAB in first place.

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 12:42   Link #5390
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, my main problem isn't with Curren, it's with Regius. Despite how much of an asshole he was, he received a rather large amount of demonization. He's a lot more like Graham than people give him credit for. His ways were shady, and karma kept grinding him into the ground, but he really only wanted to strengthen the ground force and drive crime of Mid Childa once and for all.

I can see the Brains do this no problem, but Regius still has a moral code he tries to uphold, even with karma smashing him over the head with it again and again and again.
Old 2012-01-17, 12:45   Link #5391
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

If anything he might have considered it but after learning of their brutal nature might have kiboshed that idea. Still, hiring them would make sense not only for the fire power but the reputation as well. I bet anyone in the criminal underground would brown their pants if they knew the Hucks were on the hunt.
Old 2012-01-17, 12:46   Link #5392
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Discrimination against fat people. Had he looked more burly, like ~*SpArkLy*~ FLEXING Armstrong, he would have supporters.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 13:00   Link #5393
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Discrimination against fat people. Had he looked more burly, like ~*SpArkLy*~ FLEXING Armstrong, he would have supporters.
But Regiuz do have supporters, even The Ace/Wolks commented that, while rude, he's a very charismatic person that knows how to motivate his people, kind of like the Drill Sergeant that is respected by loyal followers despite it's rough behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I can see the Brains do this no problem, but Regius still has a moral code he tries to uphold, even with karma smashing him over the head with it again and again and again.
Yup, considering the Brains where also playing with Regiuz and are willing to take such dangerous descicions to do their will i see them as being more likely willing to hire the Huckebein.

By the way, i think that in the grand scheme of things, Jail Scaglietti is far more dangerous than The Huckebein family. Curren and her gang didn't even want to have a direct beef with the TSAB, work in the black market as mercenaries and want to keep a low profile. Jail destroyed military bases and the coast area of a city and gloat in Live TV about it and also dreams with taking a planet hostage and take the entire TSAB as his plaything just for SCIENE!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-17, 13:23   Link #5394
Key Board
Donut

It's because of JS that the TSAB took anti magic warfare more seriously

JS jump started AEC and 5th generation device development. Which operates really closely to combat cyborg weapons.

The guy is an unintentional hero

And really, if the TSAB officially adopts Raptors as part of their arsenal then they've gone beyond slippery slope and into hypocrisy.

-- Mushoku Tensei. on the dangers of osananajimi attachment
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 13:23   Link #5395
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
But Regiuz do have supporters, even The Ace/Wolks commented that, while rude, he's a very charismatic person that knows how to motivate his people, kind of like the Drill Sergeant that is respected by loyal followers despite it's rough behavior.

I am talking about the fandom.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 13:27   Link #5396
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

He hates all the characters we love so we must hate him in turn!

Old 2012-01-17, 13:29   Link #5397
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
He hates all the characters we love so we must hate him in turn!

That's harsh, poor fat guy xDU

At least that makes me feel more justified in hating Cypha xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-17, 13:38   Link #5398
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Cypha is a villain, at least. With Regius it was more the idea of "OMG Nanoha and them are so pure and good and awesome! How dare you not like them and give them a hard time you old fart!"

I don't have any particular problem with Regius but at the end of the day he doesn't stand out all that much, especially when he was in the same season as Jail.
Old 2012-01-17, 13:43   Link #5399
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I don't have any particular problem with Regius but at the end of the day he doesn't stand out all that much, especially when he was in the same season as Jail.
Yup, i agree. Regius comes almost as an inefectual sympathetic villain compared with Scaglietty xDU.

Regiuz: *shakiing his hand in anger* You'll pay for this, Commander Yagami!

(Captain Planet reference xD).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-17, 13:45   Link #5400
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
And really, if the TSAB officially adopts Raptors as part of their arsenal then they've gone beyond slippery slope and into hypocrisy.
I don't see how.

Tags
manga, nanoha force