AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Old 2011-03-25, 01:33   Link #1321
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Lucino got some rare official shipping in Force.

And don't forget Arnage's favourite ship: Veyron/Lobster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
(somebody knows the male equivalent of "Imouto"?)
Otouto.
Old 2011-03-25, 01:47   Link #1322
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Lucino got some rare official shipping in Force.
With Griffith, of all people(probably Shari becomes too popular and Tsuzuki decided to sink the "Shari x Griffit" ship to avoid fanrage xDU).

Quote:
And don't forget Arnage's favourite ship: Veyron/Lobster!
Ruwella's Sea Food reastaurants will never be the same o_O!

Quote:
Otouto.
Thanks a lot xD.

besides, i find funny how at the beginning, a big portion of the fanbase was thinking about Tohma, Isis and Lily forming a "Love Triangle" with some goofy hijinks before the the real plot kicks in. Thus, Veyron enters the scene and the "Love Triangle" theory got blasted into ashes xD.

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 01:51   Link #1323
Justin_Brett

I still don't know why she said that. It didn't even really make any sense in that situation.

...really, in what situation is telling someone to fornicate a lobster appropriate?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 02:56   Link #1324
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
personality introduction, i thought it was hilarious :3

that word just means 'hit' anyways and we know how they abuse the german language

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 03:38   Link #1325
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
On the other side, it will be cool to see different spin-offs based on exclusive set of characters.

The Uncanny Wolkenritter, N-Factor(Numbers), TSAB(JLA), Signum ORIGINS, Fate/Teana World's Finest, The Amazing Chrono, The Adventures of Nanoha, etc, etc...
And Fate could appear on the cover of everything she wasn't actually in but was by the same publishing house.

Edit: Myself, I prefer straight shipping. I've never had a lesbian fetish. Also, I'm anti-Subaru-shipping because I'm a jealous bastard. I can admit it. <shrug>

Last edited by Arcc; 2011-03-25 at 03:59.
Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 03:45   Link #1326
Sheba
Wanna Be The G.I.R.L

Enforcers, starring Fate, Teana and Runessa. With that theme song.. Or you can have the Fate/Tea Files.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 04:00   Link #1327
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

A comedic slice of life starring the Nakajima household, excluding the shark jumping.

The adventures of Erio and Caro in an edutaiment-like-show.

Yuuno Scrya, saviors of the lost arc/the castle of doom/the last jihad/the kingdom of the the crystal school.

Law and Order, Enforcers Unit.

The posibilities are endless.

...This is horribly fun.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 04:04   Link #1328
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Su-su-su-baru and Tea, Rescue Rangers!

Old 2011-03-25, 04:11   Link #1329
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

This is an old one i posted long ago starring Fate, Nanoha and Vivio:

"Two and a half women"

xD!

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-25, 06:24   Link #1330
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

In the TSAB justice system, the beatdowns are served by two separate yet equally important groups: the enforcers who investigate crimes and the aerial mages who nuke the living hell out of the offenders. These are their stories.

Old 2011-03-25, 06:48   Link #1331
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Yeah, the Hucks would actually be intimidating if they weren't, well, dicks. And just in a general douchebaggery sense, not being villainous about it. Makes them less 'implacable force' and more 'someone shut these guys up, for the love of god'

Aren't they already kind of shooting to kill? It's plasma bullets against unarmored foes.
Yes, I initially thought that too. But according to the folks here, apparently Strike Cannon is *ahem*canonically*ahem* basically firing compressed magic..or something. I don't know why that can went past Huckebein's anti-magic, but apparently that was the explanation.

Quote:
If anything it would show how serious the situation is that would require them to do something they normally wouldn't to put a stop to things.

See Final Crisis. Darkseid was such a threat that Batman had no choice but to shoot him with a gun. That's how real shit was.
It's possible that things would go that way, but let's just be honest: do you really think Tsuzuki has the guts (and skill) to make the protagonists more pragmatic?

Quote:
Creator can't exactly tell their fans to shove it. It's bad for business.

Unless you're Tomino or Anno, I guess.
IIRC the "Little Women" author already did that long before by refusing to bow to the demands inside letters sent by rabid shippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well that's...okay, I could see that happening if Nanoha had a boyfriend. But that hasn't happened here. Just put up an author's note implying NanoFate 'subtly' and you'd probably be fine.
Well the jobs done I guess. Fate already got her "Dashing Prince to the Rescue" moment.

Quote:
I posted a joke WMG on TV Tropes about Veyron and Curren being lovers, for example xD.
I knew it, that was you!

Quote:
Deville seems to be asexual, Cypha is apparently in love with her Divider, Stella is too young and Fortis will probably just utilize the woman in question for his own purpouses and ditch/kill her when she outlives her usefullness. Arnage seems to be more sensible than the rest but real shipping is still yet to be showed(Arnage x Isis didn't count yet).
Maybe the Eclipse Virus chemically castrated them, and the medicine they were looking for was actually to cure it?

Fortis: "Dammit, I'll kill anyone just to get my b_ner back!"

Quote:
But, considering the kind of plot FORCE is following things like shipping and romance issues will more likely never be touched so the shipping will be only fan-exclusive.
Unless it turns out Lily's going to need mana replenishment

*runs away from CG Dragons and Dolphins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Su-su-su-baru and Tea, Rescue Rangers!
Caro lu Rushe, Pet Dragon Detective!

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-03-25 at 07:40.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 07:15   Link #1332
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Captain Reinforce and the Wolkenritteers!

Kuudere! Hammertime! Aperture Science! Doggie! Heart! She's our hero, gonna drain your magic down to zero!

The power is yours!

Last edited by Arcc; 2011-03-25 at 07:25.
Old 2011-03-25, 07:53   Link #1333
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:

Kuudere! Hammertime! Aperture Science! Doggie! Heart! She's our hero, gonna drain your magic down to zero!

The power is yours!
... Can't unsee.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 09:35   Link #1334
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
With Griffith, of all people(probably Shari becomes too popular and Tsuzuki decided to sink the "Shari x Griffit" ship to avoid fanrage xDU).
Actually, there never really was a Shari/Griffith ship. Aside from it being established that they're childhood friends, nothing else happened between the two. Heck, look at the StrikerS manga and Shari was actually teasing Griffith about Lucino.
Old 2011-03-25, 11:55   Link #1335
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Actually, there never really was a Shari/Griffith ship. Aside from it being established that they're childhood friends, nothing else happened between the two. Heck, look at the StrikerS manga and Shari was actually teasing Griffith about Lucino.
Well, more like a one-sided crush then, but still the "osananajimi" trope is played more or less straight and considering that Griffit and Luccino never got any developement(i'm rewatched StrikerS until episode 7 and they didn't even crossed any words yet xDU) it made look this like it came out of nowhere xDU.

Quote:

The power is yours!
Fortis: You'll pay for this CAPTAIN REINFORCE!!

Also:

Nanoha: Raising! Raising! Raising! ....Raising Heart! HOOOOOOOOO!!!

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-25, 12:16   Link #1336
aers
*Fansubber

This month's Nyantype cover

Spoiler for Nyantype 5/11:

Reminder: No Force this month.

Last edited by aers; 2011-03-25 at 12:36.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 12:20   Link #1337
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Yes, I initially thought that too. But according to the folks here, apparently Strike Cannon is *ahem*canonically*ahem* basically firing compressed magic..or something. I don't know why that can went past Huckebein's anti-magic, but apparently that was the explanation.
AFAIK (unless my knowledge in the matter is outdated) they don't actually shoot magic. They use magic to create physical force shots that do pass by the barriers. An analogy would be the difference between using electricity in itself to deal damage, like in lightning (or for a more tech example, a stun gun) and using electricity to fire a solid projectile in a railgun: in the latter, the electricity itself isn't the one doing the damage, it's just being used to propel the projectile dealing the damage, in this case a solid slug.

If you think of AMF as an electric insulator/ground, then a stun gun wouldn't do much to that object. But a hypersonic railgun slug would.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 13:20   Link #1338
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, i gather all my courage an re-read FORCe Ch. 6 to secure some details but the most notorious it's Steed's location. The last we saw of "him" was in this chapter, the brave little camera left the group in search of an escape route, since we already know what happens next(kidnapping), i'll think is safe to asume that Steed is still surrondiong the area or is trying to find a method to be reunited with Tohma, the Huck's didn't know about his existence and i doubt they're interested in searching for a running non-fighting camera xDU.

On another note i'm wonder what's exactly the reason for the "arise needing" of killing those villagers that Cypha mentions. I mean, she even kill the childrens and elders who are unable to pose any significant threat to her.

What if, the Eclipse somehow manage to tranform tons of people around the infected into unrepenant, mindless, killer zombies? At least that will be enough of a good excuse to kill them, that way you save your butt and also free them of their misery. Not exactly guilty-free, tough, as your virus will be essentialy the cause for them to go into that but at least it will be a much better excuse with a healthy touch of woobiness than "we kill becase we're sick".

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-25, 14:30   Link #1339
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

No matter how you look at it, there is a lot of information we're missing. I expect it to be worth it.

Old 2011-03-25, 14:38   Link #1340
Laevatein

Personally, my problem with the Huckebeins' ability... you know how in some of the old Superman stories, every single villain had kryptonite? That's what I feel this is turning into. Since it's a single storyline, it's not as bad as that yet, but the story has been going on for quite a while with no end in sight, and as a plot device it's wearing thin on me.

Combine this with, as previously mentioned, the sadistic-seeming beatdowns on characters we know and love, and it's really getting quite unpleasant for me.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force