AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-08, 02:20   Link #781
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Lessee...10 stars for M16A3, 8 for F2000, 7 for ACB-90/combat knife, 6 for M4A1 and SPAS-12, 6 for Mk3A1, 5 for MP7 and M240B. Now trying to get the mastery dogtag for M416...I forgot how much I loved that weapon until my preference started to drift towards the F2000, MP7 and M16. I'm not a dogtag whore, but some of them (those you can actually unlock, not the ones that are only granted through promotions and can only be stolen but never personally worn) are rather nice and funny; there's actually a new one that's granted once you get a hundred kills for ALL of the available primary weapons - now THAT is going to take me an eternity because there are some firearms I just don't care to use or simply don't want to (KH2002, SCAR-L, PP19). *sigh*

Maybe I should try to unlock the "pancakes" dogtag instead - I just need to find the right opportunity to die from a 200m freefall. XD

Aside from that, I've completed two of the EG assignments, but don't feel like tackling the remaining three, even though the last one grants you ownership of the M1911 S-Tac (which until now was a DICE Developer / Beta tester exclusive). In order to complete many of the assignments - including the camo/dogtag ones (which don't add anything to gameplay, though the challenges can be interesting) - I wasted a lot of my XP/skill, so I'm now haunting Noshahr Canals in TDM in order to recover what was...frivolously...lost.

Oh, in other news, there's a rumor according to which there won't be co-op in BF4 because it didn't have much success in BF3. And there won't be female soldier models in multiplayer - only in the single player campaign.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-04-08 at 06:42.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 08:02   Link #782
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Yeah, I've been trying to collect dog tags via melee kills more than anything. Some of them are really good, but I'd never pay to be able to wear them. And I don't even know what assignments are, so I have no chance of getting those.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 08:18   Link #783
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Assignments tab on Battlelog:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3.../319056090/pc/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3.../247921688/pc/

Assignments are challenges issued to the player; upon completing them you are rewarded with either a new dogtag, a new weapon/piece of equipment/vehicle add-on or a new uniform/weapon camouflage pattern. Assignments are exclusive to the DLCs and the Premium package: each DLC has between five and ten assignments each, all introducing new weapons or equipment, in relation to the DLC theme (the makeshift crossbow came with the post-earthquake Aftermath, the artillery airburst rockets showed up in the vehicle-centric Armored Kill, etc). So if you only have BF3 and never acquired any of the DLCs, don't be surprised if you haven't heard about this.

How does it work? Simple: the "Best Friend Forever" assignment in Back to Karkand is unlocked after reviving 10 teammates AND healing 10 teammates (this is one of the easiest assignments you can come across). The reward is the FAMAS rifle. Upon completing "BFF", the "Professional Russian" (right next to it) assignment becomes available.

Some of them can be challenging, such as finishing top 5 in a Gun Master match, destroying x pieces of enemy equipment with the EOD bot, destroying 25 vehicles with C4 (I learned how to Jeep Jihad just for this assignment), though. Sometimes depends on your type of gameplay (for example, I'm not prolific with C4, but I put up with it just to get those challenges out of the way).

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-04-08 at 08:37.
Old 2013-04-08, 19:06   Link #784
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

My stats:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ats/512517769/

I think I'm doing okay for a rookie player. Lol at how I've got 2 surveillance medals and MP7 stars.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 19:50   Link #785
JagdPanther

Ah, I didn't know they were DLC exclusive. I never paid attention to that tab and don't have any DLCs.

Here's me:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ats/332105468/

Old 2013-04-08, 23:29   Link #786
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Damn, I am definitely lagging behind. Still, I guess I've done alright for someone who only started playing barely 3 weeks ago.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 04:31   Link #787
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

First footage of BF4 multiplayer will be released on June 10th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA DICE news
Battlefield fans will soon get their first look at Battlefield 4 multiplayer! Starting June 10th, DICE will be showing off live Battlefield 4 multiplayer demos at E3.

First, DICE will reveal Battlefield 4′s multiplayer on June 10th, 1:00 PM PDT during “The Download”, EA’s 2013 preview. Learn about what’s new, what’s improved, and what to expect from the next generation of the leading online multiplayer shooter.

Starting on June 11th, we’ll be featuring live streaming multiplayer footage from the showroom floor of E3. Over these three days you’ll be able to tune in to live unscripted multiplayer footage, DICE developer insights, and interviews with community.
In other news, I've completed 74 out of the 75 available assignments. I only need to destroy 13 tanks with an attack chopper and I'm done...and it'll definitely take me an eternity since I always get shot down before getting in range for a solid rocket or gun run (or I get swatted out of the sky after a first successful volley >_>).

Oh, and for those who didn't already know, BF4 already has a DLC lined up, called "China Rising". Available at no extra cost if you pre-order BF4 now (no thanks).

Old 2013-06-10, 13:40   Link #788
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

SP campaign. MP reveal should come in two hours or less.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2013-06-10, 13:41   Link #789
Chase

B4 looked flatout amazing

No, Seed does not define what a Gundam show should be like.

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 15:21   Link #790
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
B4 looked flatout amazing
It DOES look amazing...

But I am still very concerned that BF is trying way too hard to be CoD:MW or BO. Can we get a more normal-looking campaign experience? We don't need any big, globe-trotting campaign with Tier 0.00001 personalities and Hollywood missions. Look at Multiplayer in the BF universe. We're all infantry unless we're driving/piloting vehicles. It's not like we're using the high-tech stuff from any missions that are there for story purposes.

Old 2013-06-10, 15:46   Link #791
T-6000

The enemy they were fighting on the ship, were they Russian? It sounded like they were speaking in Russian, but I couldn't tell 100% because of the gunfire. The gameplay also looked more interesting and better than the 2 Call of Duty Ghosts gameplay footage they showed yesterday. Ghosts footage nearly put me to sleep.
Old 2013-06-10, 15:47   Link #792
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
It sounded like they were speaking in Russian
I've heard "Grenade!" and "He's here!" in Russian, so - most likely. But yeah, too much gunfire to be 100% sure

BF4 MP:
Commander! No wai
Old 2013-06-10, 15:47   Link #793
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
The enemy they were fighting on the ship, were they Russian? It sounded like they were speaking in Russian, but I couldn't tell 100% because of the gunfire. The gameplay also looked more interesting and better than the 2 Call of Duty Ghosts gameplay footage they showed yesterday. Ghosts footage nearly put me to sleep.
I couldn't tell. I had thought they were Chinese, but I admit I wasn't trying hard to figure it out. There were no identifying marks, flags, etc. that I saw.

Old 2013-06-10, 15:49   Link #794
Chase

Multiplayer time!

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed
Old 2013-06-10, 15:51   Link #795
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I've heard "Grenade!" and "He's here!" in Russian, so - most likely. But yeah, too much gunfire to be 100% sure

BF4 MP:
Commander! No wai
Yes, Commander mode is back. I think they announced that a while back. Either way, YES. Easily one of the best parts of BF2.

Old 2013-06-10, 15:55   Link #796
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

- Return of Commander mode confirmed.
- Presence of Siege of Shanghai map.
- Holy crap, you can make entire ceilings crumble (even if the said ceiling is a road)
- BOATS!
- ELEVATORS! XD
- SKYSCRAPERS! >D
- Artillery fire through commander mode
- Uh...did the commentator just suggest (or imply) it's possible to take down an ENTIRE skyscraper?
- Oh motherf...they did. THEY DID.

Old 2013-06-10, 15:55   Link #797
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Yes, Commander mode is back. I think they announced that a while back. Either way, YES. Easily one of the best parts of BF2.
But commanding from an iPad? lulz
Old 2013-06-10, 15:58   Link #798
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
But commanding from an iPad? lulz
Gotta tie in the ludicrousness of tablet gaming somehow...

Old 2013-06-10, 15:59   Link #799
Chase

The multiplayer was pre-recorded and/or scripted but it looked amazing still. Damn, that building fell

Old 2013-06-10, 15:59   Link #800
JagdPanther

Hearing the "players" speaking was mildly amusing, as well.