AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-18, 10:40   Link #281
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulba.Saur View Post
Ohh can you tell me a bit more? Any other differences? I didn't like the ending of Season 2 very much...felt like it just slumped off

I'll see if I can get some for a decent price
Sry for answering so late:

The difference is immense as far as i know (i didn't watch the anime myself, but i heard a lot about the differences).

From what i hear the most important story starting "ghoul arc" was completly left out. Including its far reaching consequences... basically the anime tells a completly different story with just a few funny and ecchi scenes being taken from the manga later on... But the manga definitly had a clear storyline and is NOT a gag-manga. Also if I heard it right, Ruby's character was made completly OOC in the anime.

Also Tsukune changes a lot over the time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
That is what I like about manga's like these. You see the art improve and characters age or if they train muscles or some other things are shown that make them look different physically from what they where before.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Due to certain circumstances I am now the "Imouto Instructor"
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 13:03   Link #282
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Shounen... lately I started to really despise it because no matter what show it is, it always follows same formula.

You can predict almost everything miles away especially when it comes to battles... flashback stories tend to be very cliched and over used.

Authors try too hard to make main cast look heroic while totally destroying side cast.

I feel like I'm going to drop shounen all together soon
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 13:28   Link #283
Akito Kinomoto
木之本 慊人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Shounen... lately I started to really despise it because no matter what show it is, it always follows same formula.

You can predict almost everything miles away especially when it comes to battles... flashback stories tend to be very cliched and over used.

Authors try too hard to make main cast look heroic while totally destroying side cast.

I feel like I'm going to drop shounen all together soon
Fist of the North Star (the original 108 episodes anyway) will be your best friend.
__________________
My MALLet's do a head count here. We've got a ruthless spearman, a girl with a thousand muskets, a near-psycho fighting for love, and a deity who lives up to her status. You've managed to piss them all off. When they come, and they will, they're coming for you

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ I have an army

We have a Goddess
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 05:48   Link #284
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
I hate how a lot of anme girls have huge tits but flat boodies. It's really unbalanced and if you're gonna say "poo poo doo doo on reality!!" anyway, why do this so often?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 06:09   Link #285
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Seikon no Qwasar was all sex and no class.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-21 at 06:02. Reason: please try to control your language...
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 09:47   Link #286
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Seikon no Qwasar was all sex and no class.
Indeed. I'm an open-minded person who doesn't mind ecchi but I wouldn't touch that series with a ten-foot-pole after learning the synopsis!

.....has good music though. (I watch random anime OPs on youtube to find more music to listen to)

Quote:
Air Headed Cows ( Stupid Girls with Big Boobs)
>_> Tell me about it.
Extra negative points if they have giant glasses.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 13:38   Link #287
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Indeed. I'm an open-minded person who doesn't mind ecchi but I wouldn't touch that series with a ten-foot-pole after learning the synopsis!

.....has good music though. (I watch random anime OPs on youtube to find more music to listen to)


>_> Tell me about it.
Extra negative points if they have giant glasses.
Yes!! The big glasses on big breasts is overdone.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 14:23   Link #288
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Also, I cannot imagine the strain that it puts on their backs but then again it is fictional universe where ecchi rules over physics or even common sense.
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 14:37   Link #289
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: in a car's trunk
Age: 22
the mc never having an awesome beard. only clean face or scuff
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 14:42   Link #290
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
the mc never having an awesome beard. only clean face or scuff
Well there is Darker Than Black's 2nd season...
__________________
Due to certain circumstances I am now the "Imouto Instructor"
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 16:25   Link #291
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
........come to think of it, you really DON'T see Japanese men with beards. o_o
I think maybe the culture doesn't find them attractive.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 17:15   Link #292
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
........come to think of it, you really DON'T see Japanese men with beards. o_o
I think maybe the culture doesn't find them attractive.
You mean this?



Most of my asian friends have a very hard time growing facial hair.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 17:16   Link #293
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: in a car's trunk
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Well there is Darker Than Black's 2nd season...
he as a small beard not an awesome one
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 17:19   Link #294
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: in a car's trunk
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
You mean this?



Most of my asian friends have a very hard time growing facial hair.
this makes me think. do women like girly men more then big manly guys?
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 17:21   Link #295
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
the mc never having an awesome beard. only clean face or scuff
Seeing that the majority of anime MC's are teens or adolscents, i don't think it's wierd why they don't have a socalled "awesome" beard
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 17:25   Link #296
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: in a car's trunk
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Seeing that the majority of anime MC's are teens or adolscents, i don't think it's wierd why they don't have a socalled "awesome" beard
i had a full beard in my teens and so did some of my friends. so that not a good reason. i think that any way.
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 17:29   Link #297
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
i had a full beard in my teens and so did some of my friends. so that not a good reason. i think that any way.
And you think that the japanese media depict the average teenagers with beards just because you have beards in your teens? >_>

While we are at it, when i was at high school there were only 5 males and 21 females in my class. So i have to assume that every anime/manga is wrong with the ratio male/females in mixed schools just because it was not true for myself?

Making a comparison to your own situation is pretty flawed and more importantly a beard is usually not part of the generalization of the average teen in japan.

Last edited by hyl; 2013-01-20 at 17:42.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 17:42   Link #298
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: in a car's trunk
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
And you think that the japanese media depict the average teenagers with beards just because you have beards in your teens? >_>

While we are at it, when i was at high school there were only 5 males and 21 females in my class. So i have to assume that every anime/manga is wrong with the ratio male/females in mixed schools just because it was not true for myself?

For me it similarly flawed reason, as a beard is usually not part of the generalization of the average teen in japan.
no but how often is the show about an average teen? and i am saying thats no reason that at least one mc does not have one
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 17:44   Link #299
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
no but how often is the show about an average teen? and i am saying thats no reason that at least one mc does not have one
Well that is the funny part, because it's an anime cliche that most animes have a teenage/adolscent main character. Just pick some random anime from the last few years (or decade for what i care) and i can even guarantee that most of them fit in that category
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 17:50   Link #300
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: in a car's trunk
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Well that is the funny part, because it's an anime cliche that most animes have a teenage/adolscent main character. Just pick some random anime from the last few years (or decade for what i care) and i can even guarantee that most of them fit in that category
they say they are but their far from it
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
disscusion, manga cliche good bad

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.