AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-21, 22:17   Link #321
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: in a car's trunk
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
My personal answer is no.

I love guys with beard! Well not Santa style of course
Though there are exceptions too
i have hope in the world again
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 22:24   Link #322
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
i have hope in the world again
Here is an anime with at least some beards (though a lot more moustaches really). Some rather old Prussian styles as well.

http://yamato2199.net/character.html
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 22:50   Link #323
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
What is it?: Glasses girl look better without glasses

Worst offenders: Yuki Nagato from Haruhi

Notable exceptions: Saori Makishima from Ore Imouto (because her glasses is exaggerated )

Variants: Changing glasses to lens contact

What makes it popular: Probably because glasses symbolize isolation and removing the glasses mean she will be more socialize than using glasses

Reason that I hated it: 1...Which is like saying glasses girl cannot socialise at all. which is wrong! and it's stupid to show character development on character.
2.Glasses is symbol of identity. this will be a big problem if the anime/manga have "same face syndrome". it easy to differentiated glasses people face with "Random generic moe character". but without glasses. her face pretty much same with "Random generic moe character"
3. If the character look better without glasses. then why do you design it with glasses in first place!

Does the hate really worth it?: not really. it mainly matter of taste (and I have glasses fetish). but still I don't like glasses girl that remove her glasses permanently. I have no problem if character remove the glasses for one episode or so. but dont remove it completely and make it as character key point
__________________

Last edited by RRW; 2013-01-22 at 06:55.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 22:56   Link #324
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Uhmm.. Narusegawa's is good though.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 22:56   Link #325
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
It may come as a shock to you but us girls don't always see the "awesomeness" in things that guys do.
I said 'beauty" not "girlyness".
I do not value "girliness" in guys at all. If a guy has a beautiful face, I can admire that but that's not the same as "girliness".
I think what she's saying is that she likes a handsome man.

Who has facial hair.

On another note, the "fangs" for a girl, when the girl has a personality I can deal with (here's to you, green-haired girl from Haruhi), are actually kind of sexy.
Quote:
THIS.
I honestly wish this terrible cliche would DIE. (cutting long hair)
More than anything else.
This reminds me of D.Gray-Man, when everyone got really mad about Lenali's forced haircut. Not just the fans either, her brother was upset as well. She just looks so off with short hair. It didn't suit her! I am biased against very short hair on girls though.

Here's something that has a great example in Fairy Tail, for those who have watched late into the series. Characters who go from woman to woman looking for attention, because they really really like women. Brock from Pokemon is a perfect example as well. Yes there's humor in it, but if those characters are reoccurring it gets old very quickly. It's easier to deal with when that obsession is also treated as a weakness for the character like it is in FTail, but as an element unrelated to the plot it just gets boring. Equally annoying is the flipside of this, where the female who is abandoned by these obsessive characters feel scorned and jealous of the interests of this character that they hated. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be jealous, I would expect some jealousy, but to basically become the character they hated because they were abandoned is just silly. For me, this quickly results in an eyeroll and a "here we go again with this crap."

Edit:
Quote:
glasses girls
I'm confused. Glasses girls that look BETTER without glasses, or look better WITH glasses? I like girls with glasses, as a guy who wears glasses! Of course, not if the glasses don't look right on them.

I'm guessing this is about girls that take their glasses off and look better for them. I can say there's certainly a psychological effect associated with glasses, like any clothing. It's a cliche that at least has some fact associated with it. Although I still think that those girls look better with their glasses on, and I don't think that they should experience such drastic changes when they do. In Yuki's case there wasn't a whole lot there because regardless she's still robotic.
__________________

Last edited by Traece; 2013-01-21 at 23:03. Reason: I mad a mistake and got made.
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 22:58   Link #326
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
This reminds me of D.Gray-Man, when everyone got really mad about Lenali's forced haircut.
That was worst than being amputated...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 23:04   Link #327
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Edit:

I'm confused. Glasses girls that look BETTER without glasses, or look better WITH glasses? I like girls with glasses, as a guy who wears glasses! Of course, not if the glasses don't look right on them.
the bolded one. did i make grammar mistake that make you confuse?
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 23:07   Link #328
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
as a guy who wears glasses! Of course, not if the glasses don't look right on them.
Man with glasses are either: Smart, dumb, or has eye problems. One of the three.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 23:13   Link #329
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I think what she's saying is that she likes a handsome man.

Who has facial hair.
I like handsome men. Period.

Meaning with or without facial hair.
But if he has too much of it, he looks like a....lumberjack or something...

Flynn from the movie Tangled had a little bit.
And he is the hottest CGI character I've ever freaking seen....>////<

Quote:
I'm guessing this is about girls that take their glasses off and look better for them.
I have glasses...and I hate wearing them!! I try to wear my contacts as much as possible when I'm out in public. I hate how I look with them...but some people tell me they like them....but....I normally place my feelings above theirs when it comes to personal stuff....so I don't wear them very much
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 23:13   Link #330
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
the bolded one. did i make grammar mistake that make you confuse?
"Glasses girl look better than without glasses." Glasses girls look better than without glasses. That implies the opposite, beyond being a bit broken.

Well, I don't know if that's so much a cliche as a potential culture thing. I don't know how the Japanese perceive people with glasses, and what they associate with glasses people. Here in the U.S. people with glasses are often associated with intelligence and potentially nerdier things. This is starting to go away though as people with glasses are becoming increasingly common. So beyond that, as far as whether a girl is perceived as being more or less attractive with or without glasses that's more of personal feelings.

Perhaps someone Japanese can tell us about how culture views glasses, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Man with glasses are either: Smart, dumb, or has eye problems. One of the three.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I have glasses...and I hate wearing them!! I try to wear my contacts as much as possible when I'm out in public. I hate how I look with them...but some people tell me they like them....but....I normally place my feelings above theirs when it comes to personal stuff....so I don't wear them very much
I hear you, kind of. I actually prefer glasses because I view them as being a fashionable accessory. Also, I've been in them since third grade. I wore silhouettes for the longest time (frameless, glasses that are basically designed to be as minimalistic as possible), but now I'm wearing some Oakley Drillbits, which are far more conservative and "adult" looking. Honestly I think the good thing is to get a pair of glasses that you can wear comfortably, and that you can look at yourself in and consider it an improvement upon your appearance. Some people prefer contacts though and that works too!
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 23:41   Link #331
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
What is it?: Dense Male Character

Worst Offenders: Harem Animes like of Infinite Stratos

Notable Exceptions: Yuki of To Love Ru? Maybe not!

What makes it popular: I don't know

Reasons that I hate it:

Dense, idiotic and dumb young teenagers must die for not recognizing girl's feelings.

Is the hate really worth it?: Yeah.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 06:55   Link #332
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
"Glasses girl look better than without glasses." Glasses girls look better than without glasses. That implies the opposite, beyond being a bit broken.
ah sorry then bit hurry when i type it. i will fixed it.

the glasses supposed to be a fetish so is really mater of taste.

but I hate when they just remove it permanently just because someone say so. it supposed to be character trait. without it her trait is gone and it become harder to differentiate them from other "moe character"
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 14:43   Link #333
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
The comedy "Loaded Weapon 1" did a parody of that cliche by having the main love interesting show up the first time with her hair up and glasses (played I think by Allyce Beasley) than later she take off her glasses and lets her hair down and she's played by Kathy Ireland for the rest of the film.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 01:51   Link #334
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
@RRW

I have an inclination that you might - probably - maybe - perhaps - could be - just slightly obsessed with meganekko. :P
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 03:53   Link #335
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
What is it?: Dense Male Character

Worst Offenders: Harem Animes like of Infinite Stratos

Notable Exceptions: Yuki of To Love Ru? Maybe not!

What makes it popular: I don't know

Reasons that I hate it:

Dense, idiotic and dumb young teenagers must die for not recognizing girl's feelings.

Is the hate really worth it?: Yeah.
Okay, so many of them are TEENAGE GUYS WITH VIRTUALLY ZERO EXPERIENCE IN ROMANCE AND GIRLS. So how do you expect them to know that girls like them, assume that's the case just because they look at them funny? It's not like every teenage girl, anime or otherwise, can be that straightforward with their feelings.

Sometimes, just because girls look at us funny doesn't mean they like us that way.

And what should they do if they DO know the girls like them, they may not show it (of course, it's embarassing IRL, you know), but he doesn't like them back? Say to their faces, "Sorry I don't like you that way"? It's hard to do that IRL without offending or worse, scarring the girl for life.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 04:04   Link #336
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Okay, so many of them are TEENAGE GUYS WITH VIRTUALLY ZERO EXPERIENCE IN ROMANCE AND GIRLS. So how do you expect them to know that girls like them, assume the case just because they look at them funny?
Cooking lunch for you. Waking you up in the morning. Blushes whenever she sees you. Asking you to go out. I can't see the reason why they wouldn't see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
And what should they do if they DO know the girls like them, they may not show it (of course, it's embarassing IRL, you know), but he doesn't like them back? Say to their faces, "Sorry I don't like you that way"?
Ignore them is the best option (if you don't want to feel guilty at the tons of things you'll be owing them) unless they confess and then you have to tell them the truth.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 04:26   Link #337
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Cooking lunch for you. Waking you up in the morning. Blushes whenever she sees you. Asking you to go out. I can't see the reason why they wouldn't see that.
Sometimes, just because she does all of the above (except maybe the blushing whenever she sees you part) doesn't mean she likes you. She might be playing with you. Okay, sure, there's a stupidly low chance of that happening in anime, but still.

Other times, just because you don't seem to notice doesn't mean you're dense. You might not be so interested about romance. AT. ALL. That either you absolutely have no idea or you are not that interested in what girls do for guys they like.

But I guess I may be THAT dense myself.

Quote:
Ignore them is the best option (if you don't want to feel guilty at the tons of things you'll be owing them) unless they confess and then you have to tell them the truth.
But wouldn't you be considered dense if you ignore them? Unless she confesses of course, in which case, yeah, you have to say it. The truth hurts, but it's best to let the girl know how you feel. Thankfully though, only a few anime girls from the top of my head are fine with rejections from guys who don't like them and are capable of moving on surprisingly easily.

Those select few came to be known as the Yandere archetype.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 04:37   Link #338
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Sometimes, just because she does all of the above (except maybe the blushing whenever she sees you part) doesn't mean she likes you. She might be playing with you. Okay, sure, there's a stupidly low chance of that happening in anime, but still.
It's very rare..

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
But I guess I may be THAT dense myself.
Maybe you're not the only, friend *points the guy in the mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post

But wouldn't you be considered dense if you ignore them? Unless she confesses of course, in which case, yeah, you have to say it. The truth hurts, but it's best to let the girl know how you feel. Thankfully though, only a few anime girls from the top of my head are fine with rejections from guys who don't like them and are capable of moving on surprisingly easily.
Just remembered Da Capo, there is one girl there. Anyway, I also meant of "ignoring" also includes rejecting her request to go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Those select few came to be known as the Yandere archetype.
You know want sometimes I want a yandere girlfriend..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 04:47   Link #339
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
You know what sometimes I want a yandere girlfriend..
Because she's the most straightforward anime girl of them all! She LOVES you and ONLY you, and she makes damn sure you know it. In exchange, however, you are not allowed to cheat on her or else everyone around you, including yourself, will die.

I think she's supposed to be the perfect girl, but I'm really scared of that killing part so barring special circumstances I won't marry a Yandere.

Here is a rather hilarious guide in handling a Yandere.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 05:03   Link #340
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Because she's the most straightforward anime girl of them all! She LOVES you and ONLY you, and she makes damn sure you know it. In exchange, however, you are not allowed to cheat on her or else everyone around you, including yourself, will die.
I won't be scared knowing I'll be faithful. I'll satisfy her needs and keeps her reminded how I really love her so much.... and that I'll also kill her if she does the same thing....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
disscusion, manga cliche good bad

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.