AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 23:45   Link #41
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
I know it's been said by like a thousand people already... But this weeks episode of Bleach was so EPIC that Chuck Norris dropped dead, got buried, then turned in his grave and gave Tite Kubo a thumbs up.

Kudos to the Bleach team for making my day.
Old 2011-02-09, 01:37   Link #42
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtanimerocks View Post
this is a bit off topic but is it just me or is the hilt of Ichigo's hilt look like the nazi symbol?
Spoiler for comparison:
Do I bit of research my good sir, the Nazi emblem IIRC, is a twisted version of the original which means something completely different.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 01:52   Link #43
molitar

Ok I'm sick and tired myself of the whining.. 'How did Ichigo power up so much in months!'.

Let's put basic knowledge in here.. when you lift weights to get stronger you do repetitions sets.. but even so the human body can only do so much so you have to rest.. usually days between weight lifting. Now think of what could be accomplished in a body that is not limited by that limitation which Ichigo has in his Shinigami form. In that form he is not in his limited mortal body and he has done nothing but train for months probably with no breaks at all since he understands what is at risk if he fails!

Just think of how much stronger you could get in months if you could do that yourself.. Just train.. no need to eat, sleep, or rest much.. Than say you would not be able to get stronger. Now let's add to that the possibility that he has learned to truly harness his incredible Reitsu that we know was strong as a captain's and that was when he was half injured. So add the unending training and harnessing his incredible Reitsu that has always gone to waste that has always just poured out of him like a fountain uncontrolled and we can easily see the results of the months of training he has gone through.

But I have to say I loved how it made us think through the entire first part of the battle that it was Aizen's power destroying the landscape when it was Ichigo's!
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 01:59   Link #44
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Fair enough. But it's not too hard to find out on these forums that I do keep up with the manga. With that said, it might be worthwhile to keep in mind that a lot of my resentment towards the issue stems from the fact that I already know how this all ends. And so I'll just leave things at that till next week. Hopefully the upcoming events adapted into the anime will allow us all to make better sense of things and any attempts at an explanation Kubo originally provided us with.
Yeah, I understand that. I've read it too and know how this all turns out but that being said there might be some redeeming light from the animators. Who knows what they have up their sleeve. They added some Gin/Ran background, they might expand on Ichigo's inner world too. Judging by the preview it looks like the entire ep next week might be based in Ichigo's inner world which suggests to me that we might just get what we're looking for in terms of a more solid explanation of his power and its origins.

That being said, we're also in the Bleach anime thread. It's not exactly kosher to bring our manga beefs in here for the airing.

Quote:
I flat out stated in my previous post that I don't really like having to constantly reference DBZ. But I can't escape the fact that it's a highly popular work of fiction of the same genre as Bleach making it a very easy piece of work to reference when it comes to making comparisons and providing examples of things we feel could've been handled better (or worse). It's really got nothing to do with wanting to "re-live the glory days of DBZ". I'd making references to plenty of other shounen I've felt have handled similar situations/issues better if I thought they were nearly as popular as DBZ is. (Though I suppose this wouldn't quite explain why I haven't brought up as many Naruto references.)
I get what you're saying. It's not just you that's going rampant with the DBZ references. A LOT of people on here are doing it. Basically every week in the anime or manga thread it gets flooded with DBZ comparisons and references. Bleach has its issues but what does constantly comparing it to an equally ridiculous anime/manga accomplish? Prove that the writing sucks just as much as we thought it did? I just don't get the appeal I guess.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:15   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Ok I'm sick and tired myself of the whining.. 'How did Ichigo power up so much in months!'.

Let's put basic knowledge in here.. when you lift weights to get stronger you do repetitions sets.. but even so the human body can only do so much so you have to rest.. usually days between weight lifting. Now think of what could be accomplished in a body that is not limited by that limitation which Ichigo has in his Shinigami form. In that form he is not in his limited mortal body and he has done nothing but train for months probably with no breaks at all since he understands what is at risk if he fails!

Just think of how much stronger you could get in months if you could do that yourself.. Just train.. no need to eat, sleep, or rest much.. Than say you would not be able to get stronger. Now let's add to that the possibility that he has learned to truly harness his incredible Reitsu that we know was strong as a captain's and that was when he was half injured. So add the unending training and harnessing his incredible Reitsu that has always gone to waste that has always just poured out of him like a fountain uncontrolled and we can easily see the results of the months of training he has gone through.

But I have to say I loved how it made us think through the entire first part of the battle that it was Aizen's power destroying the landscape when it was Ichigo's!
By that same basic knowledge all the captains should be so ridiculously powerful that Ichigo would have to train like that for centuries to catch up. After all if Shinigami bodies don't have limits and don't need things like food or sleep (wonder why they bother having those things then) all the shinigami's should be too powerful for any human character to be in the same realm.

Personally think your just trying to bring some logic to a completely random power-up. Nothing wrong with saying that insane training would bring up Ichigo's power, but the jump is completely ridiculous. I'll enjoy Aizen getting owned, but I'm not going to think that this made sense.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:23   Link #46
sayde

Langus, your points have been taken and acknowledged. I completely understand where you're coming from and honestly have nothing else to say to you specifically. Now excuse me while I deal with another post.

Quote:

I don't know if you forgot, but Ichigo's training didn't involve some kind of intense physical work out regimen that we know of. At present, the anime showed him sitting Indian style for the training. So you're application of basic knowledge in this regard becomes rather irrelevant. His training involved intense meditation into his inner world for a prolonged period of time. So he didn't really work out his body to become stronger like he did during a couple of his other training sessions. Nor did he put in much practice to honing his skills any unless the anime reveals otherwise during the next episode. Honestly, we don't even know if the time inside Dangai space even felt like 3 months to Ichigo inside his inner world.

Quote:
Just think of how much stronger you could get in months if you could do that yourself.. Just train.. no need to eat, sleep, or rest much.. Than say you would not be able to get stronger.
Actually, Ichigo's bankai training with Yoruichi proves he would have to take a break and rest if his training involved intense physical exertion. He'd also have to eat since spirits who exert spiritual energy require sustenance. So the only reason he would be able to train for months on end non-stop without food or rest or sleep or anything else of the sort is because his training didn't have a toll on his spiritual body at all.

Quote:
Now let's add to that the possibility that he has learned to truly harness his incredible Reitsu that we know was strong as a captain's and that was when he was half injured. So add the unending training and harnessing his incredible Reitsu that has always gone to waste that has always just poured out of him like a fountain uncontrolled and we can easily see the results of the months of training he has gone through.
Yes. Kubo has at least established that Ichigo's reitasu was at least double that of the average captain. But then again, so what? Aizen's was confirmed to be over that. And so was Yamamoto's. Kenpachi probably falls into that category too. And yet, for some reason, Ichigo's power when fully controlled puts him far above spiritual monstrosities like Aizen even after obtaining hollow powers on top of more added boosts in power. Like I said, it makes no sense. It's too great a leap with very little to support it (for now).

Last edited by sayde; 2011-02-09 at 02:34.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 03:16   Link #47
DarkHollowIchigo

It's only human to ask questions, you have to know that once you get an answer to a question ; that there will be only more questions afterwards. Where would we humans stand if we had an answer to all the questions we have? Would life be as exciting as it is right now?

The same goes for Bleach, for everything actually.

Though it does not really make sense to compare a Manga/Anime with our own real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde
Actually, Ichigo's bankai training with Yoruichi proves he would have to take a break and rest if his training involved intense physical exertion. He'd also have to eat since spirits who exert spiritual energy require sustenance. So the only reason he would be able to train for months on end non-stop without food or rest or sleep or anything else of the sort is because his training didn't have a toll on his spiritual body at all.
Ichigo's father Ishin has to pay a toll; if you want to call it that. In order to give Ichigo the time to gain more strength/ understand his inner self.
Old 2011-02-09, 03:24   Link #48
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
It's only human to ask questions, you have to know that once you get an answer to a question ; that there will be only more questions afterwards. Where would we humans stand if we had an answer to all the questions we have? Would life be as exciting as it is right now?

Oh, you're good.
Quote:
Ichigo's father Ishin has to pay a toll; if you want to call it that. In order to give Ichigo the time to gain more strength/ understand his inner self.
Can't argue with you there.
Old 2011-02-09, 06:27   Link #49
Pa1n

E P I C

didn't we forget something? ESPADA 0 fight !
Pa1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 08:24   Link #50
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Langus, your points have been taken and acknowledged. I completely understand where you're coming from and honestly have nothing else to say to you specifically. Now excuse me while I deal with another post.

By all means!

Cheers mate!
Old 2011-02-09, 10:12   Link #51
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa1n View Post
E P I C

didn't we forget something? ESPADA 0 fight !
Hopefully we will get back to it now enjoy the awesomeness now
Old 2011-02-09, 10:16   Link #52
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Epic facepalm is epic.
lol indeed the FacePalm made Aizen go shocked and dumb
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 11:02   Link #53
parkhater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde
I don't know if you forgot, but Ichigo's training didn't involve some kind of intense physical work out regimen that we know of. At present, the anime showed him sitting Indian style for the training. So you're application of basic knowledge in this regard becomes rather irrelevant. His training involved intense meditation into his inner world for a prolonged period of time. So he didn't really work out his body to become stronger like he did during a couple of his other training sessions. Nor did he put in much practice to honing his skills any unless the anime reveals otherwise during the next episode. Honestly, we don't even know if the time inside Dangai space even felt like 3 months to Ichigo inside his inner world.
Why would he need a physical workout. I think people forget what Ichigo is. When he is a shinigami he doesn't have a physical body. That is his soul that is doing the fighting. So why wouldn't intense meditation strengthen his soul.
parkhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 11:06   Link #54
kitten320

Quote:

Let me break your logic:
1) Shinigami do get tired, re-watch the series. Otherwise they would be robots and wouldn't sweat like pigs.
2) They do need rest
3) They do need food, otherwise they would be dead! Just re-read arc with Renji's and Rukia's past. that's what makes shinigami different from other souls and now that you meantion it, Ichigo should have died in that room for not eating this whole time.

So yeh, this power up is still impossible

And even you do train without stop, this huge difference is once again impossible, Aizen is many centuries older than Ichigo and had many power ups of his own just now.

Quote:
[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Gray"]It's only human to ask questions, you have to know that once you get an answer to a question ; that there will be only more questions afterwards. Where would we humans stand if we had an answer to all the questions we have? Would life be as exciting as it is right now?

You do realize how ridiculouse it sounds? Juts imagine what kind of stories we would have if none of them had any login and explanation behind? Yes there have to be some unanswered questions but not all of them and not huge ones like this!
Old 2011-02-09, 11:16   Link #55
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Let me break your logic:
1) Shinigami do get tired, re-watch the series. Otherwise they would be robots and wouldn't sweat like pigs.
2) They do need rest
3) They do need food, otherwise they would be dead! Just re-read arc with Renji's and Rukia's past. that's what makes shinigami different from other souls and now that you meantion it, Ichigo should have died in that room for not eating this whole time.

So yeh, this power up is still impossible

And even you do train without stop, this huge difference is once again impossible, Aizen is many centuries older than Ichigo and had many power ups of his own just now.

You do realize how ridiculouse it sounds? Juts imagine what kind of stories we would have if none of them had any login and explanation behind? Yes there have to be some unanswered questions but not all of them and not huge ones like this!
True, but there is a huge difference in how Ichigo and Aizen gained their powers.

And next to that, Aizen is strong, but obviously Ichigo has way more potential for whatever reason. They both open certain doors which the average Shinigami cannot open because of certain Shinigami law/rules.
Old 2011-02-09, 11:27   Link #56
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhater View Post
Why would he need a physical workout. I think people forget what Ichigo is. When he is a shinigami he doesn't have a physical body. That is his soul that is doing the fighting. So why wouldn't intense meditation strengthen his soul.
No one here (myself included) is claiming or trying to imply it to be completely ridiculous for Ichigo to gain more power through another trip into his inner world via meditation. All I've been suggesting is that it's illogical for Ichigo to suddenly become as powerful as he is now through what we know he accomplished during his trip into his inner world.
Old 2011-02-09, 11:37   Link #57
kitten320

Quote:
True, but there is a huge difference in how Ichigo and Aizen gained their powers.

And next to that, Aizen is strong, but obviously Ichigo has way more potential for whatever reason. They both open certain doors which the average Shinigami cannot open because of certain Shinigami law/rules.
That's the main problem, Kubo never bothered to exlain why exactly Ichigo is strong, he dominates everyone in seconds. That alone is impossible, not talking about this massive power up.
Old 2011-02-09, 12:21   Link #58
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Arm fetish strikes back! Maimed characters +1. They should make a databook of all the characters who have been deprived of their arm

Kay, so Gin dies, really sad, with the smallest violin of the world playing in the background Then came Ichigo. And then came the fandom Aizen suddenly became the thickest brick of the world. And a punching bag for Ichigo. At least his last incantation was cool~
Btw I got a question, Isshin had said that people who are at another level of existence can't sense Aizen, but Keigo and Kan'onji did. Does that make them a million stronger than the gotei 13? 0_o
Quote:
2) They do need rest
3) They do need food
Both ambiguous points, no shinigami has been shown eating out of need, nor have they ever had to rest in order to survive. Restoring their power, sure, but it's not like it would kill them to keep doing something that doesn't drain their reiatsu.
As for Ichigo's hax, I'll side with Monir...I don't care, it was just that fun to watch
Old 2011-02-09, 12:43   Link #59
kitten320

They do have to eat, Rukia was getting hungry as well as Matsumoto whom Gin was feeding. they need food in order to live.
They also need rest in order to restore their energy, why else would they be lying in bed for ages? If they'll keep doing something without stop they will get tired, slow and most likely will faint eventually.

But I do care, anyone can come up with crap of getting powers out of blue: "You know, I could barely lift 10kg but after talking to my knife and punching it several times, I can raise a truck now!"

Wow, so much logic -_-

I don't care how flashy it is, crap is crap and anyone can come up with it. You don't need talent in order to create crap out of nowhere.
Old 2011-02-09, 12:58   Link #60
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
They do have to eat, Rukia was getting hungry as well as Matsumoto whom Gin was feeding. they need food in order to live.
They also need rest in order to restore their energy, why else would they be lying in bed for ages? If they'll keep doing something without stop they will get tired, slow and most likely will faint eventually.

But I do care, anyone can come up with crap of getting powers out of blue: "You know, I could barely lift 10kg but after talking to my knife and punching it several times, I can raise a truck now!"

Wow, so much logic -_-

I don't care how flashy it is, crap is crap and anyone can come up with it. You don't need talent in order to create crap out of nowhere.
Well it was more than just a few years Zangetsu was there because he knew Ichigo had fear in him and he wanted to destroy that fear think about it what 3 or 4 years of fighting constantly that is big time training.