AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-02-09, 15:21   Link #61
Tenza-Zangetsu

maybe they don't need to eat when their "body" is not in use, like how Ichigo is fighting in his inner world but not outside. This wouldn't explain Isshin though -.-, but hey Kubo loves not explaining things
Tenza-Zangetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 16:09   Link #62
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
They do have to eat, Rukia was getting hungry as well as Matsumoto whom Gin was feeding. they need food in order to live.
They also need rest in order to restore their energy, why else would they be lying in bed for ages? If they'll keep doing something without stop they will get tired, slow and most likely will faint eventually.
Rukia and Matsumoto were souls with reiatsu when they got hungry, but not shinigami. Also don't remember anyone spending their days bedridden for using up their power, but rather to heal from various wounds.
Old 2011-02-09, 16:44   Link #63
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenza-Zangetsu View Post
maybe they don't need to eat when their "body" is not in use, like how Ichigo is fighting in his inner world but not outside. This wouldn't explain Isshin though -.-, but hey Kubo loves not explaining things
Even in the manga I wondered about that
Last time we saw him Ichigo was bleeding and Isshin was dying out seemingly then Isshin is hurt I don't het what happened
Old 2011-02-09, 16:56   Link #64
kitten320

There is no difference between souls with reiatsu and Shinigami, they just go through training to get physically stronger, it doesn't take away their hunger.

They all eventually get worn out despite having no cute, same Ichigo during his trainings.
Old 2011-02-09, 17:04   Link #65
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
There is no difference between souls with reiatsu and Shinigami
The latter got zanpakuto... Definitely not the same as all the poor souls living in SS.
Quote:
Last time we saw him Ichigo was bleeding and Isshin was dying out seemingly then Isshin is hurt I don't het what happened
Isshin was restraining the walls while Ichigo was training, it drained his reiatsu by the second. Presumably he used up a lot.
Old 2011-02-09, 18:20   Link #66
sayde

I think I'm going to switch gears now by bringing up another thought...
Quote:
I could've sworn Aizen had this really cool ability. (And by cool, I mean REALLY, REALLY cool!)I think it had something to do with controlling all 5 of the senses. Gee, I sure hope he remembers to try and use that cool ability before it's too late. It might actually work! And wouldn't it be really cool for Ichigo to overcome such a REALLY cool ability!? I think it would make his win so much moar cooler. Hopefully Aizen doesn't forget he has this REALLY cool ability. Because I just don't think that would be really cool at all. *insert emotic of your choice here*

Last edited by sayde; 2011-02-09 at 18:30.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 18:43   Link #67
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
S.

Isshin was restraining the walls while Ichigo was training, it drained his reiatsu by the second. Presumably he used up a lot.
Really thanks for that I was wondering
Quote:
I could've sworn Aizen had this really cool ability. (And by cool, I mean REALLY, REALLY cool!)I think it had something to do with controlling all 5 of the senses. Gee, I sure hope he remembers to try and use that cool ability before it's too late. It might actually work! And wouldn't it be really cool for Ichigo to overcome such a REALLY cool ability!? I think it would make his win so much moar cooler. Hopefully Aizen doesn't forget he has this REALLY cool ability. Because I just don't think that would be really cool at all. *insert emotic of your choice here*
Great you bring Kyoka Suigetsu up here and the battle isn't even over
Old 2011-02-09, 18:57   Link #68
sayde

What's wrong with bringing it up? I'm just curious to see if any of our fellow anime viewers right now might be predicting if this ability will be referred to (or not) at all before the fight is over. I mean, logically it would make sense. Afterall, we know Ichigo's going to end up using Getsuga Tenshou again sooner or later (since that's what the ultimate goal of his training was for). Maybe Aizen will reveal "The Final Kyouka Suigetsu!"

Now that would be really cool.
Old 2011-02-09, 19:14   Link #69
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I couldn't help but notice how tiny Gin's fingers were...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 19:55   Link #70
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
That's the main problem, Kubo never bothered to exlain why exactly Ichigo is strong, he dominates everyone in seconds. That alone is impossible, not talking about this massive power up.
I believe this question will be answered due time.
Old 2011-02-09, 20:02   Link #71
Fran~
floating away...

So many years to see this... so... yeah

Ichigo being 1337 and Aizen never ending talking about how awesome he is/was...
Then, the Dragonball set-up (going to an isolate place, blowing up some mountains and the classic "NO U" contest).

So what was taken from Matsumoto?, some part of the Hougyoku?...

Kubo would you please start to tell us what is important?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
I believe this question will be answered due time.
From the preview, we will watch that next week.
Old 2011-02-09, 21:50   Link #72
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I couldn't help but notice how tiny Gin's fingers were...
what a very trivial matter

and i just noticed this, Ichigo's father knows the Final Getsuga Tensho so why did not his father use his Final Getsuga Tensho on Aizen when he and Yorouchi and Urarahara are ganging up against Aizen?
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 21:58   Link #73
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
What's wrong with bringing it up? I'm just curious to see if any of our fellow anime viewers right now might be predicting if this ability will be referred to (or not) at all before the fight is over. I mean, logically it would make sense. Afterall, we know Ichigo's going to end up using Getsuga Tenshou again sooner or later (since that's what the ultimate goal of his training was for). Maybe Aizen will reveal "The Final Kyouka Suigetsu!"

Now that would be really cool.
Oh good grief Sayde you should just wait till at least FGT is released
if it does get realeased
Old 2011-02-09, 22:41   Link #74
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post

and i just noticed this, Ichigo's father knows the Final Getsuga Tensho so why did not his father use his Final Getsuga Tensho on Aizen when he and Yorouchi and Urarahara are ganging up against Aizen?
Probably because he can't, for one reason or another.
Old 2011-02-09, 22:47   Link #75
sayde

Yeah. It might have something to do with the fact that it's called the "Final" Getsuga Tensho.

Or Isshin might've thought that his own "Final" GT wouldn't be strong enough to win.
Old 2011-02-09, 23:07   Link #76
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
not trivial to artists
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 23:20   Link #77
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
not trivial to artists
Agreed. As far as character design and art were concerned, this episode was just above average. Even the animated movement wasn't anything to write home about. What the episode had was very well done execution in terms of timing and stylishness along with almost perfect blend of background music. Ichigo's character design, however, was very well done in this episode. Anyway, Bleach had plenty of awesomely animated episode. This wasn't one of them.

Btw, what was the point Aizen was trying to make by using that Kidou? He usually doesn't use incantation to do those special moves, but they way he went about it and then, mentioned how he is now at that level.... does it mean the particular Kidou requires extreme level of reiatsu? Or does it have some other meaning all together?

I didn't get it. Then again, I was drinking it all in without paying much attention to detail.
Old 2011-02-09, 23:28   Link #78
sayde

I know it's been awhile since they brought it up in the series, but according to the legend, if the full incantation is spoken before casting a kido spell, it supposedly becomes much more powerful as oppose to quick casting it. That's why Aizen made such a big deal out of it.

Because the last time he used that spell, he half-assed it at his base power level against Komamura, skipped the incantation, and pwned him hard with only 1/3rd of the spells maximum power. It kind of makes you wonder how exponentially stronger than Captain level Ichigo must be right now for him to shrug off a fully powered 90 level Kido spell cast by Aizen (of all people) who's undergone an entire sequence of consecutive power-ups. Because a Kido spells strength isn't just determined by the type of incantation. It's strength is also still directly correlated to how strong the spellcaster is.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-02-09 at 23:39.
Old 2011-02-09, 23:44   Link #79
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Thank you Sayde! You have that nag for explaining things so clearly. In regards to Ichigo's power up, the real question for me would be if he has truly attained that untouchable level. What I mean by it is once he defeats Aizen (which is pretty much set in stone), will he have the same dominance over all of Gotei 13? If by any chance he is shown to struggle against any of the captain later on in the series, I'll be so rolling my eyes that they would want to escape from the socket. Oh and, please no crap from Kubo.... yeah... the power up was temporary you see.

Btw, folks who were asking why Aizen wasn't using his sword magic trick that empowers all senses.... well the simplest explanation would be Aizen's vanity. Aizen is quite sure he has attained the god-level where trickery is no longer needed to defeat a fly like Ichigo. By the time he was ready to panic, Ichigo has already touched his sword by blocking it. So in an essence, the option to use his sword in that manner is no longer available because as we know, people who touches Aizen's sword no longer affected by its special effect.
Old 2011-02-09, 23:57   Link #80
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Thank you Sayde! You have that nag for explaining things so clearly.
It's always a pleasure monir.

Quote:
In regards to Ichigo's power up, the real question for me would be if he has truly attained that untouchable level. What I mean by it is once he defeats Aizen (which is pretty much set in stone), will he have the same dominance over all of Gotei 13?
What a great question. It kind of makes you wonder where the series could possibly go from here since Ichigo's basically become strong enough to make even the old man look like fodder.

Quote:
Btw, folks who were asking why Aizen wasn't using his sword magic trick that empowers all senses.... well the simplest explanation would be Aizen's vanity. Aizen is quite sure he has attained the god-level where trickery is no longer needed to defeat a fly like Ichigo. By the time he was ready to panic, Ichigo has already touched his sword by blocking it.
Good point. But one thing that is never really explained or confirmed (as far as I can recall) is whether coming into contact with the blade only stops illusions for as long as contact is made, or if touching the blade makes you permanently immune to it's affects forever. IMO, I don't think Gin explained that part very clearly. And the fact that he felt the need to keep his hand rested on the blade as he made his attack and even long after the fact only adds to the confusion.

Still, if Ichigo really has become permanently immune to hypnosis, you'd think Aizen might want to consider plan B--a.k.a operation Bankai.

Here's a fun fact that some might've forgotten (including Aizen): going Bankai can make ones power increase 5-10 times.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-02-10 at 00:18.