AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-10, 15:40   Link #901
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
After reading the light novels, I can't help but feel the irony in seeing an anime adaptation that was accurate, but still mediocre at the same time.

This anime is nowhere near the levels of bad that the Chaos;Head and Tsukihime anime were at, because again, the story was left relatively intact. However, I feel that subtle differences that arose due direction may have been what kept this anime at only a decent level instead of outstanding. It's the same problem as the anime for The World God Only Knows.

Take the Hirasaka arc with Renji, where Yoshiki's true identity is pivotal to the case. In a mystery, half the suspense comes from the deprivation of information until the revelation at the climax. In the novels, Yoshiki's stomach wound was a small detail that the audience would normally overlook because no emphasis was placed on it. However, in the anime, Yoshiki's stomach area was dead centered on the screen. It was far easier to figure out that Yoshiki was Hison, who was alive and well. The audience is supposed to keep guessing until the climax where Alice shows at the scene to explain what happened, but since the anime made the mystery easier to solve, the suspense is lost.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 12:13   Link #902
Molenir
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Terrible ending because of the execution.
I loved the ending. Bear in mind, that I haven't read the novels. Don't know anything about the story at all, outside of what I saw in the anime. But Ayaka waking up there at the end, gave us a sliver of happiness right there at the end. Joy amidst the tragedy and destruction. It was a good touch, well timed, without getting into details.

I really enjoyed this series, and am sad to hear it didn't sell well. As someone else said, this is not the first time that my tastes in anime have differed from what the anime buying public enjoy. This was a series I could see buying if I lived in Japan.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 12:10   Link #903
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Maybe a little late to ask this,but can anyone tell me why there isn't a new volume of the light novel for like 2 years? Was the Novel dropped or something? It would be really sad if this is really the case,because it's such a great series.Anyway, I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the answer since I couldn't find any information through google.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 03:20   Link #904
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Soooooo.....

The author pretty much got caught with his pants down with the recent 2ch leak fiasco.
He was revealed to anonymously posting talking shit about other authors, manga artists, etc, and self-praising himself and his own works, anonymously on the net.

He's made a formal apology instead of making a futile attempt to defend himself.

People are datamining the leaked log deep to find other victims of similar cases...
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 03:46   Link #905
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Maybe a little late to ask this,but can anyone tell me why there isn't a new volume of the light novel for like 2 years? Was the Novel dropped or something? It would be really sad if this is really the case,because it's such a great series.Anyway, I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the answer since I couldn't find any information through google.
The Author is working on other titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Soooooo.....

The author pretty much got caught with his pants down with the recent 2ch leak fiasco.
He was revealed to anonymously posting talking shit about other authors, manga artists, etc, and self-praising himself and his own works, anonymously on the net.

He's made a formal apology instead of making a futile attempt to defend himself.

People are datamining the leaked log deep to find other victims of similar cases...

AWKWARD
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 17:24   Link #906
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ No kiddding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Soooooo.....

The author pretty much got caught with his pants down with the recent 2ch leak fiasco.
He was revealed to anonymously posting talking shit about other authors, manga artists, etc, and self-praising himself and his own works, anonymously on the net.

He's made a formal apology instead of making a futile attempt to defend himself.

People are datamining the leaked log deep to find other victims of similar cases...
Can you name a few of the people, he was talking about?
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 17:28   Link #907
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Shitposting on the internet is a common thing, so I don't really see any reason to get upset over it, no matter who does it.

Losing your anonymity by getting called out on the internet is another issue entirely though
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 02:35   Link #908
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ No kiddding.

Can you name a few of the people, he was talking about?
Since I actually do lurk in the WSJ Survival Thread, his bashing of Shinkai Hideo's work Soul Catchers comes to mind.

As for novel writers, apparently Tsumugu Hashimoto (Hanbun no Tsuki ga noboru sora) was the harshest.
Sugii called him all sorts of names including mentally retarded and nutjob.
Others include Shirou Ryusei, Ichiro Sakaki, etc.
Now the log leaked is just between the month of July and August of this year, and yet there were dozens upon dozens of these.
Who knows how long he's been at it and how many insults he's been throwing out daily.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Shitposting on the internet is a common thing, so I don't really see any reason to get upset over it, no matter who does it.

Losing your anonymity by getting called out on the internet is another issue entirely though
Shitposting about others is one thing, pretending to be a fan of his own work and praising himself anonymously is embarrassing as hell no matter how you look at it.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 04:14   Link #909
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Since I actually do lurk in the WSJ Survival Thread, his bashing of Shinkai Hideo's work Soul Catchers comes to mind.

As for novel writers, apparently Tsumugu Hashimoto (Hanbun no Tsuki ga noboru sora) was the harshest.Sugii called him all sorts of names including mentally retarded and nutjob.
Others include Shirou Ryusei, Ichiro Sakaki, etc.
Now the log leaked is just between the month of July and August of this year, and yet there were dozens upon dozens of these.
Who knows how long he's been at it and how many insults he's been throwing out daily.

Shitposting about others is one thing, pretending to be a fan of his own work and praising himself anonymously is embarrassing as hell no matter how you look at it.
Seriously? I happen to be a fan of his and his work.

I completely agree!
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 21:02   Link #910
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
I think the final confrontation with the final villain of the anime was kinda anticlimatic. I mean, you had him taunting Alice and going on about being so much smarter etc etc...

...and then you find he's ODing in his hideout. What.

That said, it was entertaining, and I liked the OP and Alice. But it's overall not quite a series that has caught my fancy and remained in my mind.

...can still sing the OP from memory though. With the key transposed into the range a tenor could sing.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 23:06   Link #911
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
I cant seem to find the novel thread for this, i want know hows the novel doing and if it has already ended what happened
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 00:09   Link #912
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I'm not following this but curious to know how he got caught in his 自演乙?
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 00:22   Link #913
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
I cant seem to find the novel thread for this, i want know hows the novel doing and if it has already ended what happened
The novel's been on hiatus for more than a year, and considering Sugii-sensei track recird, I considered the series as dead already
__________________
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 00:35   Link #914
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The novel's been on hiatus for more than a year, and considering Sugii-sensei track recird, I considered the series as dead already
well that sucks, what has he been doing lately? slacking off?
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 02:26   Link #915
ReinZwei
南宮 那月
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: こころ
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
well that sucks, what has he been doing lately? slacking off?
Nope, instead it's the opposite, since there are several series newer than Kamimemo

He is currently focusing on his another series which is Gakusei Shoujo and Kirika... (the former is his newest)
__________________
Vocaloid Thread
______________________
Signature/Art Made By:
Suzuki-Goro

Character:
Original Art
______________________
Manga/LN Sites:
Baka-Tsuki
Mangaupdates
______________________
ReinZwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.