AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-02-10, 18:26   Link #61
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Ichigo's fullbring is swastika? What's he gonna do? Holocaust? This is not funny. I know the symbol has many meanings, but what the hell is wrong with manga to bring it up so often? Remember what's on the Branch House's foreheads in Naruto? Nearly the exact same thing, even the shape is quite similar.
I don't get the idea behind it and I think it looks like a stupid shuriken. It's a weapon once again. Other people can build things or make some cool rules about time, but Ichigo gets a weapon... most certainly black and it resembles Ichigo's getsuga tenshou.
First the swastika was a asian holy symbol long before it was corrupted by the Nazi's. Anyway it is not the swastika of Nazi party it is the leftward faceing one. In Japan, the swastika is called manji. Since the Middle Ages, it has been used as a coat of arms by various Japanese families. On Japanese maps, a swastika (left-facing and horizontal) is used to mark the location of a Buddhist temple. and is also the Ban part of Bankai (卍解). Why shouldn't Ichigo's fullbring powers be similer to Zangetsu, who is the embodyment of Ichigo's powers (hollow and otherwise). Also remember the plan is to restore his powers and he take over the powers of Xcution's members so they can have a normal life.

I had a thought about how Ichigo, Chad, and Orihime might have gained Fullbringer powers with out their mother haveing been atacked by a hollow. The Fullbringer's stated they had all gain thiers after thier mother was atacked by a hollow before their birth so the way I see it the babbies soul has to deal with a massive amont, to it at least of hollow energy which warps it's soul bringing out it's fullbringer powers (the way I see it Shingami, hollow, and Fullbringer powers are all pretty much the same just used diffrently. Ie Ichigo's Shinigami powers are speed and shooting energy, Hollow powers are Regeneration (speed aplied to healing) and shooting energy, want to bet his fullbring will have something to do with speed and shooting energy?) All three of Ichigo, Chad, and Orihime have been atacked multiple times by hollows before their powers manifested therfore gained powers similer tof ullbringer powers. My therory is that by just haveing more exposer to hollow energies it "warped" their souls the same way. This may have even been hinted back a long time ago since it was implied that any being with a strong retsu could cause "damage" to souls and was why the captains had limiters.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 18:31   Link #62
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Bulter-san will NEVER be as badass as Wrath
Never doubted that, copy can't be better than original, especially when it is Kubo's copy
Old 2011-02-10, 18:35   Link #63
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
Hear hear! *raises glass of orange juice to sayde's points* too true good fellow.
Let's add some tequila and make it a sunrise.
Old 2011-02-10, 19:06   Link #64
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Let's add some tequila and make it a sunrise.
not old enough to drink legally and for some reason i dont like the taste o_O

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:12   Link #65
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I had a thought about how Ichigo, Chad, and Orihime might have gained Fullbringer powers with out their mother haveing been atacked by a hollow.
BUT...

Kubo didn't think like that... at least in Orihime's case, we have not one, two, but three explanations.
1. Shun'o explanation
2. Aizen explanation
3. Fullbringer theory

Kubo must decide which of those is the correct... and we will just keep silence and forget the other 2 explanations and what Hachi told to Orihime when he "healed" tsubaki.

So yeah... another random explanation from Kubo, what else...

Gimme some tequila with nothing but lemon and salt to forget that Bleach once had some sense.
Old 2011-02-10, 19:38   Link #66
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Why does Rukia get the full last panel of memory from Ichigo? Another nail in the coffin for Orihime X Ichigo lol.
Maybe cause rukia was the reason ichigos shinigami powers awakened...
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:45   Link #67
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Oh we having a partay up in hea'?!

I'll bring the СТОЛИЧНАЯ: Ohranj
Old 2011-02-10, 20:08   Link #68
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
First the swastika was a asian holy symbol long before it was corrupted by the Nazi's. Anyway it is not the swastika of Nazi party it is the leftward faceing one. In Japan, the swastika is called manji. Since the Middle Ages, it has been used as a coat of arms by various Japanese families. On Japanese maps, a swastika (left-facing and horizontal) is used to mark the location of a Buddhist temple. and is also the Ban part of Bankai (卍解).
It's used in other manga/anime too. Naruto and OP have had characters sporting manji symbols.

As for Ichigo's fullbring, it's obviously meant to invoke post-training Tensa Zangetsu

Spoiler for tensa zangetsu:

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2011-02-10 at 20:29.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:48   Link #69
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
As for Ichigo's fullbring, it's obviously meant to invoke post-training Tensa Zangetsu

Spoiler for tensa zangetsu:
It dates back earlier than that... the hilt of his bankai has ALWAYS been a manji-like symbol. it was just less noticeable because it was smaller
Old 2011-02-10, 23:05   Link #70
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
It dates back earlier than that... the hilt of his bankai has ALWAYS been a manji-like symbol. it was just less noticeable because it was smaller
I knew someone would point that out... That's why put I put in the text at the bottom.

Old 2011-02-11, 00:05   Link #71
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

*sees people misinterpreting the swastika for something it's blatantly not representing AGAIN*

RESEARCH, DO IT!!!

edit: ty roricon and kagato
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 01:23   Link #72
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
BUT...

Kubo didn't think like that... at least in Orihime's case, we have not one, two, but three explanations.
1. Shun'o explanation
2. Aizen explanation
3. Fullbringer theory

Kubo must decide which of those is the correct... and we will just keep silence and forget the other 2 explanations and what Hachi told to Orihime when he "healed" tsubaki.

So yeah... another random explanation from Kubo, what else...

Gimme some tequila with nothing but lemon and salt to forget that Bleach once had some sense.
The thing is none of these completely conterdicts the others. In fact all of these may be true. We know that strong powers can damage souls and the way the fullbringers describe it there powers are caused by damage to thier souls before they were born. Zangetsu has also implied that hollow powers and Shinigami powers are the same thing. What I'm trying to say is that Chad and Orihime gained powers because repeat exposer to unchecked hollow and shinigami powers did the same thing to them as the small leftover hollow power did to the preborn Fullbringers.

here's a little chart
Name / contact with Ichigo / Contact with Rukia / Atacked by hollows/ powers

Orihime / talked with him frequntly at school nearby when he was fighting full out / closest non Ichigo friend / 2 atacks, stalked for days by one and was badly hurt/ Gained full powers

Chad / Ichigo's best bud, present at a fight / less then Keigo / stalked for days by one was hurt./ Gained full powers

Keigo / close friend / hung out at school / never directly atacked by a hollow / gained the ablity to see shinigami and hollows by middle of SS arc

Tatsuki / childhood friend / about the same as Orihime / 2 atacks / gained the ablity to see shinigami and hollows by end of SS arc

Ichigo's sisters / sisters / lived in same house but never came face to face / could almost be used as hollow bait but never hurt / both able to fully see hollows by end of SS arc.

Chizuru / same class rarely interacts / about the same as Orihime / badly hurt by a hollow / gained the ablity to see shinigami by end of SS arc.

It seems to gain powers as a teen you have to have a lot of happen to you. The Shun'o see it as chigo giveing them because the are part of Orihime so see him as the most importent element. Aizen being so focaused on the orb see it as the sorce of the powers he may be powerfull and smart but he never struck me as being too sane.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 02:43   Link #73
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

^ maybe puberty helps too?

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 03:32   Link #74
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
F

But except for Ginjou's fullbring, the abilities seen so far don't really match up with the explanation of how it's supposed to work.

Yes it does. Manipulating souls & adding the power of your own soul to it, includes transforming it, shrinking it, and putting a time-limit on it.

It also includes fullbringing your own skin. Since you have the power to manipulate souls of people and objects. Doing it to your own soul should be a piece of cake
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 07:51   Link #75
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

And as John Travolta explained, manipulating the soul means manipulating the matter it occupies. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to move that drink. I still don't understand the time-limit one, though.

The thing is, this fullbringing means you could just about have any sort of power. It can be pretty hax.
Old 2011-02-11, 08:04   Link #76
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The thing is, this fullbringing means you could just about have any sort of power. It can be pretty hax.
We thought the same when the vizards were introduced... "oh... they managed to contol the hollowfication...". Same thing with the arrancars... "oh... these guys are insanely powerful".
Old 2011-02-11, 09:38   Link #77
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

i think the time one for king bradely counts, because he must his pocket watch to set a time limit on things. the limit can be anything for anything (fat unhealthy bloke must run 100 metres in 10 seconds or he'll be incinerated)

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 11:38   Link #78
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Yes it does. Manipulating souls & adding the power of your own soul to it, includes transforming it, shrinking it, and putting a time-limit on it.
What I meant is that the definition of "manipulation" is a lot broader than what Ginjou seemed to imply. Like Haak mentioned, it seems like the powers can be almost anything. It's basically like having a shikai or bankai without a zanpakuto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
i think the time one for king bradely counts, because he must his pocket watch to set a time limit on things. the limit can be anything for anything (fat unhealthy bloke must run 100 metres in 10 seconds or he'll be incinerated)
What's more, he can apparently set timers without the targets even realizing it. That alone makes it grossly overpowered. He could put a timer on someone and they wouldn't even realize the danger until they failed the condition and died. If Ichigo had decided to escape the dollhouse... well, that'd be it for him.

Old 2011-02-11, 13:05   Link #79
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Question: Can we even still call this bleach? The rules of changed, the power has changed... This is no longer bleach.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 13:43   Link #80
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

What is it that define Bleach anyway ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion